Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674933 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=anikemoses post=48510748][/quote]

wow... what a terrible experience. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and I'm sure it's going to help many people reading it. I'll still state that you people shouldn't get the wrong impression of me lol. You must think I'm a pervert who goes about staring at girls, asking for number and trying to get them into bed. I'm not like that o. I only look and admire them secretly. I'm not a sex person, I've had enough sex to last me a life time. I like girls, I talk about their beauty and all but I'm really cool when it comes to intimacy, sex and all that ish o. If you think I'm a playa, you're soooooooooo wrong. I'm not, I'm a decent guy and my body count is super low. I can count with one finger sef. I just like beauty and hotness and talk about it in a very graphic way, I no get time for nonsense. The agbo wey I carry come sef, I never even get time soak am. I'll be good, trust me.

You people should stop giving me negative vibes na. ahan!!! Let a young nigga be great! Weak game will land me in trouble with girls, abeg... there's a professional way of doing it. I'll be fine when the time comes. Right now, na books and gym I dey face. Rape charge, assault. lol. abeg abeg abeg, don't rain on my parade.

ps. I don get phone now. cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Femcesc07(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
Shey nah GTB mobile money app ni
grin grin grin grin
ponpon:

Naso you remix person concept.... His point was everyone has a right to his/her opinion and we should respect that... Which one bring pervert matter abeg... People like us still need help... Before everyone starts putting password on posts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
richeazy:
Evening House

My interview is on Thursday, I need your prayers and I need suggestions on any hotel that is close to the embassy and their prices. Pls help a brother

I wish you the best bro. I hope you're prepared? go there and gist with the VO and you should be fine. I wrote some tips about this in Part 9, dunno if you ever came across it. All the best, you still have time to prepare. Just don't put yourself under pressure, Remember it's not an exam where you have right or wrong questions. The VO only wants to know if you're a genuine student, if you are sound enough for studies in the U.S and what your plans are during and after your studies in the U.S., once you can confidently let him know these things, you'll be getting your visa. Remember to keep your answers short and straight to the point, don't explain anything unless you're told to do so. Peace.

Others can help you with prayers and hotel suggestions. Just relax, all will be well.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
Whoever came here to start that poe fear no try at all...I mean I didnt even know I have passed poe until when I realized that I am outside jfk..nobody asked me any question..i just did finger print and photograph..that was all..mehn..presently in Greyhound bus to Charlotte. Full transcript soon...BTW we need to wake up everyday and be cursing all our past and present leaders..chai..weeps

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Femcesc07(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
I pray the mercy of God will go with you and your interview will be successful IJN
richeazy:
Evening House

My interview is on Thursday, I need your prayers and I need suggestions on any hotel that is close to the embassy. Pls help a brother

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
femi321:
Whoever came here to start that poe fear no try at all...I mean I didnt even know I have passed poe until when I realized that I am outside jfk..nobody asked me any question..i just did finger print and photograph..that was all..mehn..presently in Greyhound bus to Charlotte. Full transcript soon...BTW we need to wake up everyday and be cursing all our past and present leaders..chai..weeps

Yeap @the bold.........i have been saying it grin

Enjoy your semester

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
femi321:
Thank God for journey mercies bro. Enjoy your stay in Obamaland. I hope prayers can help solve naija situation at this moment. Peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
fizzile:
Well let me assist you. You were denied visa because bla bla bla and for you to get your visa the thing to do is bla bla bla. Practice some bla bla bla and with when the vo ask u questions regarding the school, please bla bla bla. If you are asked why you chose the course and how it will be of benefit to you when you are back to Nigeria, just bla bla bla. I believe with this few points of mine, I have convinced or rather confused you that your visa will be issued straight up. Mmtttccchheewww. The thunder wey go soon slap some bla bla bla candidates still dey honeymoon. Make e return.

Pls I dnt tink u should be using word bla bla bla wen u are looking for help, tell exactly wot happened during ur interview so Dat proper antidote will be given to ur ailment, dn't be annoyed with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Another Advice for people who like cutting cost like me..You need to go and open Stanbic Account and get the ATM fast..i have withdrawn $300 at #350/$ and I was charge fee of #260 per witdrawal and you can also pay using your atm but the downside is..you cant witdraw more than $300 in a month and you cant make payment with ATM more than $1200 in a month and paying with ATM has no fee but I still think its better than black market of 395 since to get PTA now you must know Buhari himself or CBN governor. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Rheenah: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
plauses:

Ma G!!!
its been busy here so i have not been able to come on to NL in 5 days and we already on Part 10
anyways, your post make sense die because that was exactly my experience, two guys picked me up on my first day in town and drove me around town for hours, got my AT&T line and other stuff. The day i wanted to shop, it was one guy in my program who picked me in his car and walked around the shop with me till i was done shopping. and on another day, one lady picked me up, took me to the mall and that day, GTbank ATM decided to fail. the lady paid my $56 grocery bill immediately with her card.
like you said, politeness is like an unwritten code. i should continue writing but my new British friend i met here is waiting for me at the mall.
will continue when i return.

Not like you guys are wrong in saying they are nice, but you won't blame Nigerians. Forget the nice something. Who will be nice when you haven't been paid 12month salary? Or you house got knocked down by government without compensation and the country z really difficult?
Abeg everytin boils down still to our economy. Why will I be nice when if I help someone I can get duped or get kidnapped or raped or something... Whatever you say, it all comes down to our economy... If everytin is moving fine for me and I got nothing to worry about why will I be mean?? nd @sureboy, no offence or something but the "una" is really somehow... Except you now wanto like deny your country or something. I have a friend here born in Texas but from Nigeria and grew up in lag and she hates being called american. Its not "una". Its "we"... Kos we all in this together

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
drhopeful:

Please any response?
Yes..it has to be from a lecturer in your school. But it will make sense if he/she knows you well so they can write a good lor. lor is not 'he's a good boy, he is a good listener' its more than that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
masquellett:

Thank God for journey mercies bro. Enjoy your stay in Obamaland. I hope prayers can help solve naija situation at this moment. Peace
thank you. when is your flight? I beg you with the name of God, buy bread, Gala, chips, chin chin etc..you need to see how nigerians were forcing themselves to eat nonsense in Morocco

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Yeap @the bold.........i have been saying it grin

Enjoy your semester
Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
femi321:
By the Time you see New Jersey Delaware Maryland and Virginia before you come enter NC, you go curse them tire.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
Those coming down here please do your immunization and vaccination in Nigeria.
I did all my medical for about #30k, filled the health form and scanned it to them.
Instead of paying about $400 for one mumu test here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
OluDare01:

By the Time you see New Jersey Delaware Maryland and Virginia before you come enter NC, you go curse them tire.

And their generation as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hmmmmmm....

Cowardice is not good at all.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
OluDare01:

lol sigh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2016
You people are doing great job... God will continue to bless dose who have been helping on this forum.. One love , please any body studying health information management or health informatics In u s, I will like to know more university that offer ms or bs in this course, and what is the reputation of this programe in u s?, anybody with valid info? your feed back mean a lot to me thanks .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 12:25am On Aug 16, 2016
Mekurexx:
Got into MN today! Thank God for everything! Let me catch some rest, will post my travel transcript in abit!
congratulations bro,your remember me for part 7?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by djmakson(m): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2016
Special mention and thanks to Profdot (President, African Students Association of ETSU) for receiving my humble self, Sorbitalll and two other friends yesterday. Despite the impromptu visit to Johnson City and call to him, he was so hospitable and humble. Many blessings to you Profdot.

Would have loved to meet Slimmy2005, Texrem and other Nigerians but we had to rush back to Murfreesboro same evening. Mheeen that place far o. The city is nice. Would like to visit again.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 1:11am On Aug 16, 2016
djmakson:
Special mention and thanks to Profdot (President, African Students Association of ETSU) for receiving my humble self, Sorbitalll and two other friends yesterday. Despite the impromptu visit to Johnson City and call to him he was so hospitable and humble. Many blessings to you Profdot.

Would have loved to meet Skinny, Texrem and other Nigerians but we had to rush back to Murfreesboro same evening. Mheeen that place far o. The city is nice. Would like to visit again.
hmm I remember all these guys I'm part 7. Una guy still dey here o....abeg pray for me make I get my visa this time o. waiting on ¡20

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by zt(m): 1:41am On Aug 16, 2016
dior2016:
Please anyone currently schooling at minot state university? If yes can an international student work outside campus? Please someone reply me

I am not from that school but its possible with permission from your international center. They will only need your work authorization from your employer so they can update your immigration records based on your f1 status.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by zt(m): 1:43am On Aug 16, 2016
viii:
here is her transcript
Vo: Gud morning
me:Gud morning sir how was your weekend
Vo:Very fine thank u
Vo:What school r u going to
me:Bla bla bla
Vo:Why do u want to study the course you choose
me: I choose to study it because helping ppl is what I luv doing,making ppl with the worst of all sickness come out alive shining brighter and stronger than they were
Go:R u coming bk after graduation
Me:Yes sir I will like to utilize my knowledge in my country,to mk my country a better place
Vo:oky,we are sorry but we can't grant u your visa now kindly reapply

thanks, this is my transcript

You mean your friend's transcript?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 2:54am On Aug 16, 2016
My travel transcript! First of all i just want to say Thank you Jesus for seeing me through the journey. My head don clear now and my body dey alright now so I can type.
My flight was an evening flight, holly molly I was excited when I realized it wasnt a full flight. I had the luxury of not having a seat partner, so I utilized the extra space to make a good couch. I used Turkish Air and I'd give them an 8/10 & Ataturk intl airport a 10/10. The food was great (served once on LOS-IST, and thrice on IST-JFk (10hrs journey), the chicken is tasttyyy (boneless), the thing resemble fried egg, the entertainment system was awesome (though they had a playlist of unknown songs and artists). We got to Istanbul at about 6.05am, a shuttle bus came to pick and drop at the terminal. We passed through a custom search that lasted 2-3 mins and then had to sit and enjoy the the 8hrs layover.I am a flight and airline enthusiast, I spend a chunk of my free time reading through airport reviews and travellers experiences. Ataturk is a global hub. Actually the best airport in the world for me. There are tons of people flying to virtually everywhere in the world. I met Nigerian guys going to Bangladesh, Paris, Houston etc. Flight information is simple but airport is BIG. Stores and malls there are very eye catching. I chilled on Starbucks sipping coffee. I spent some 5mins searching for free-wifi before I broke the jinx. I finally connected to one and I had to share the trick to other travellers and instantly we hit off. I met an Indonesian guy (I helped him connect to the wifi) and we chatted for 4hrs talking soccer. he was telling me how beautiful Indonesia beaches are esp Bali, complimented Nigerian soccer team and talked about his academic plans. we exchanged snapchat IDs and I wished him well on his study trip to Amsterdam. On the 2nd leg to JFk, I was in the middle of a 3 seating position, A Saudi guy and a Turkish mom. the Saudi guy kept smelling of garlic and in my mind I was literally going nuts. then again, wifi got us talking, the aircraft was wifi enabled but crazy pricing (24hrs for $19.9, 1 hr for $7.9 ) well the Saudi guy didnt mind and was ready to pay, he couldn't because his card didnt work. we talked and it happened he was going to an engineering college in new york. Nice guy but that garlic smell put me off. We landed at JFk around 6pm, the queue was longggggg!. my uncle even called thinking they held me up because of the food items I was carrying. on the customs form I declared everything including grounded bitterleaf, egusi, akam (pap), etc

Here was my interaction with the CBP officer:
CBP: did you leave from Nigeria or from turkey?
me: the flight was from Lagos, then we had a stopver at Istanbul then we got here.
CBP: Are you coming with this visa for study (I had an expired B1 on my passport)
Me: 0h yeah its for study actually. I was here in New York to visit some years ago and I had a great time.
CBP: sounds good
CBP: place your hands on the scanner. I did
CBP: what food items did you carry
Me: ogbono,egusi, bitterleaf
CBP: you declared all? Me: yes I did, even all the cash with me
CBP: OK then you can go! goodluck with your studies welcome!

so I headed to customs and I was singled out apparently because of the bitterleaf, they only collected the form and asked me again what I carried, I told them. I was getting ready to open my bags, the lady then said I could go, that they were not searching my bags. so all my food items passed through, I made sure I declared the bitterleaf cuz if I had lied, then I would have been in trouble.

I got out nd took a yellow cab to brooklyn. New york nice city! really missed there! I got up around 4am to rush for my connecting flight to MN. Smooth check-in , paid the baggage fee and off we went to MN. Local flights here is urggghh!. If you are not worried about time pls do bus. I picked a window seat (online checkin) and the views from up on Minnesota is litt. green state! enough vegetation. real nice. We landed around 9.05am, Minneapolis.

I just did a mini tour of my sch and got some Mexican food for $7.60. really really nice. I definitely wont be doing Mcdees or wendys during my time here and I'll advise folks too. Pepsi,fanta etc is literally free and damn, fries is bou $1.5, burgers are $3. I mean in a week you gonna fatten up. Nahh not for me.

one thing I'll advise prospective applicants is DONT GIVE UP. when I started this journey, I had alot of doubters saying i wont get admission not to talk of funding. Believe in your dreams! The shortcut route is not the best. One thing I have noticed is enjoyment full America, dont get swallowed up in all of it. remember where you are coming from and the expectations of the family you are leaving behind in Nigeria and also your future, all this is my focus and my watchword! Have a nice week!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by djmakson(m): 2:57am On Aug 16, 2016
fregkay:
hmm I remember all these guys I'm part 7. Una guy still dey here o....abeg pray for me make I get my visa this time o. waiting on ¡20

God makes things beautiful in its time. Your time is near my brother. NEVER GIVE UP! Best wishes.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 3:29am On Aug 16, 2016
djmakson:
Special mention and thanks to Profdot (President, African Students Association of ETSU) for receiving my humble self, Sorbitalll and two other friends yesterday. Despite the impromptu visit to Johnson City and call to him, he was so hospitable and humble. Many blessings to you Profdot.

Would have loved to meet Slimmy2005, Texrem and other Nigerians but we had to rush back to Murfreesboro same evening. Mheeen that place far o. The city is nice. Would like to visit again.
The Nigerian connection in TN is so strong.
Johnson City is the epicentre.
I've seen few Nigerians herein Cookeville
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 3:50am On Aug 16, 2016
Sorry guys my transcript is coming in late. truly truly in America 24hrs dont seem enough. First day of orientation and I have been busy and stressed! I'm actually not in my accomodation now but my Nigerian & african brothers here in school have been really supportive. I mean its great to see your fellow africans being very helpful and trying to help you get settled as quickly as possible. I dont have access to my laptop cuz my laptop charging is 3-mouthed instead of the US 2-mouthed, went to Walmart and they didnt have it. seems I gotta be borrowing till I finally get mine.
Its been an amazing but stresful 72hrs for me. I have been learning how to smile like every 5mins, trust me its needed so they wont see you as boring grin I'm not much of a good story writer but just know being an international student in the US, you are treated as exotic! Its left for you to utilize and enjoy the unlimited opportunities and experience thats available! wink

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by djmakson(m): 3:50am On Aug 16, 2016
OluDare01:

The Nigerian connection in TN is so strong.
Johnson City is the epicentre.
I've seen few Nigerians herein Cookeville

You are so right. Profdot mentioned to us that lots and lots of Nigerians are coming in this Fall. About 60 he said. I was shocked and at the same time glad. Making our presence felt (on a good note anyway).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 3:53am On Aug 16, 2016
Email me your new number or bbm pin. Tried looking for you at CSU. tomorrow is grad orientation so I will be there. get at me as soon as you see this. thanks @Qhutetomsel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Femcesc07(m): 3:59am On Aug 16, 2016
Congratulatios bro
Mekurexx:
Sorry guys my transcript is coming in late. truly truly in America 24hrs dont seem enough. First day of orientation and I have been busy and stressed! I'm actually not in my accomodation now but my Nigerian & african brothers here in school have been really supportive. I mean its great to see your fellow africans being very helpful and trying to help you get settled as quickly as possible. I dont have access to my laptop cuz my laptop charging is 3-mouthed instead of the US 2-mouthed, went to Walmart and they didnt have it. seems I gotta be borrowing till I finally get mine.
Its been an amazing but stresful 72hrs for me. I have been learning how to smile like every 5mins, trust me its needed so they wont see you as boring grin I'm not much of a good story writer but just know being an international student in the US, you are treated as exotic! Its left for you to utilize and enjoy the unlimited opportunities and experience thats available! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by chigozieduru: 5:14am On Aug 16, 2016
Update/Follow-up:
I came here in Part 9 (screenshot attached) about my issue. I just want to say thank you to everyone who contributed from walspring, slimmy2005, landuseact, aadeyi, mevisbleek and others who gave their advice. It's been a while, I think it was earlier in June and I apologize for taking time to update y'all who might be concerned.

Fast forward, no I did not go into escorting. I got a last minute acceptance to a paid summer internship in California doing research and I was advised by another friend on F-1 from Jamaica to reach out to the director of the Honors Program in my school (note: I am in the Honors already). I explained my situation to her and few weeks later I got an email that the Honors Program will cover some of the back bill majority of it!

From the stipend I was paid from my biomedical research internship this summer I got to pay off the remaining back bill for Spring 2016 and registered for Fall. I am sorry for my long epistle and my advice to any nairalanders/Nigerians here schooling in the U.S is that never cover your mouth when in situations. Nobody is an island, reach out to people, don't suffer in silence, and build relationship with different students you meet in class/professors or whoever.

Also, don't be friends with Nigerians alone. Seek advice and although you'll get bad advice like the one who told me to escort... You'll eventually come across someone who will lead you to your solution :-) x

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.