Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672534 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Skmoney: 7:39am On Sep 20, 2016
My aunty in the USA who wants to help me apply into a uni in the USA said I have to pay school fees going to like #25,000 dollars before I can apply at the embassy for visa.... How True is this guys and is the #25,000 dollars meant for tuition alone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2016
Skmoney:
My aunty in the USA who wants to help me apply into a uni in the USA said I have to pay school fees going to like #25,000 dollars before I can apply at the embassy for visa.... How True is this guys and is the #25,000 dollars meant for tuition alone
To apply for a student visa at the embassy, you must have been admitted. Do you think the money is too much or that you should pay it after applying for visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 8:09am On Sep 20, 2016
Mztadhee:
Hi, I have been a silent follower of this thread for sometime. It's so good to see fellow Nigerians taking up responsibility to assist fellow Nigerians on visa issues. More grease to our gurus elbow. Please, I will like to be helped on some questions:
I am a 4th year student of at a state university, but I have grown frustrated due to insistent strikes. I checked up few universities online, and got to know some of them accept transfer of UG credits from foreign students.
1. What are my chances of getting admitted for the remaining part of my study?
2. Is securing visa really possible , giving such a case?
Thanks bosses!
If you're in your 4th year for a 4-year course, I think you should stay. Even 5-year course. Finish what you started, well. Except you're heavily loaded as per cash and/or you're top of your class in an highly competitive department, your chances of getting a transfer admission is slim. You'll need to secure admission first, before discussing visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=cuspy post=49513018][/quote]

MIT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mztadhee(m): 8:40am On Sep 20, 2016
happyday:

If you're in your 4th year for a 4-year course, I think you should stay. Even 5-year course. Finish what you started, well. Except you're heavily loaded as per cash and/or you're top of your class in an highly competitive department, your chances of getting a transfer admission is slim. You'll need to secure admission first, before discussing visa.
Appreciate your advice Bros. You know it could really be frustrating having to be distracted off studies due to constant strike. All the same, thanks sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mikelgozzy(m): 10:37am On Sep 20, 2016
Please guys am new here. Nice meeting u all. Please I need someone to help me out on how to get along with which exam is the best for me (TOEFL, SAT, IELTS) as someone going for undergraduate course In the states. And I will like to know any of the university or college with low tuition fee in the states. Thanks to u all and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2016
bayocanny:

Continue dribbling us like Ronaldinho, u wan talk say u no undy wetin the woman dey talk abi, does closet related in anyway with Whatsapp or PM? grin

For your mind abi

The truth of the matter is i dont even understand what she mean with that post..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2016
gunther6:
I promised to give out a free GRE( It has been received by Adazlolly/Priceless200 a travelander) and subsidize 2-3 peoples TOEFL/GRE. The remaining 30% subsidy was booked by some NL'DERS but I keep hearing I need it next month, next year... We do not know what next month or year holds neither are my co-facilitators comfortable with hogging of opportunities, so I am throwing it open, It is strictly on a first come basis and I will not be keeping nor reserving a slot for anyone. I will be contributing to plauses subsidy scheme at the end of the month by Gods grace

God bless you all for this scheme...

Una too gbaski and too much...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2016
Mztadhee:
Hi, I have been a silent follower of this thread for sometime. It's so good to see fellow Nigerians taking up responsibility to assist fellow Nigerians on visa issues. More grease to our gurus elbow. Please, I will like to be helped on some questions:
I am a 4th year student of at a state university, but I have grown frustrated due to insistent strikes. I checked up few universities online, and got to know some of them accept transfer of UG credits from foreign students.
1. What are my chances of getting admitted for the remaining part of my study?
2. Is securing visa really possible , giving such a case?
Thanks bosses!

I will strongly advice that you should endure and round up your Bsc degree here in Nigeria and use it to apply for Msc in the US because you will have upper chance and have it in mind that they don't catch late comers coming to US to study, so exercise patience as well.

Start reading from previous parts and to learn more from this thread and also start researching for schools of your choice and before you finish your Nysc, you already have admission in any of the US schools for your masters degree..

Wishing you all the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2016
@blossomfarm

I got your pm thrice and i replied but you keep sending pm to me without asking your question..

I guess you didn't see my reply and check your junk or spam box you will see it and move it to your inbox
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:51am On Sep 20, 2016
Skmoney:

Well i don't know the school that your aunty is talking about most schools in US doesn't ask prospective/freshman student to pay school fee before applying the embassy for visa. Even paying the money doesn't guarantee visa approval by the VO because you will be interview and answer some question to prove that you are going to US for your studies.

Everyone on this thread who got their visa didn't pay the school before applying at the embassy, the only person that i am aware and paid half payment is one guy (junior but i forget his real name) and his school is in Florida, yet he still went for interview before the VO granted his visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bayocanny: 11:51am On Sep 20, 2016
Walspring:

For your mind abi

The truth of the matter is i dont even understand what she mean with that post..
Happney65 come and interpret for walspring oo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:52am On Sep 20, 2016
happyday:

Wonderful quote!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Julius1717: 11:58am On Sep 20, 2016
i greet everyone, pls I need your help on something.
I have a uncle who is in the u.s for more than 20 years now and is a green card holder , he is a brother to my late mother so we don't answer the same surname.
He wants me to come and join him in the u.s ,
He wants me to come with a visiting visa , and said the student visa takes time,
Pls I want to know what my chances are because I only have a high school certificate which I got 6 years ago,
Have just been into normal hustling and I have less than 200k in my account...
And also what I want to also ask is if I get there will I be able to get a green card ? Even when am coming with a visiting visa... Pls anyone should pls enlighten me ... Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mztadhee(m): 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
Walspring:

I will strongly advice that you should endure and round up your Bsc degree here in Nigeria and use it to apply for Msc in the US because you will have upper chance and have it in mind that they don't catch late comers coming to US to study, so exercise patience as well.

Start reading from previous parts and to learn more from this thread and also start researching for schools of your choice and before you finish your Nysc, you already have admission in any of the US schools for your masters degree..

Wishing you all the best
Thanks Bros. I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
mikelgozzy:
Please guys am new here. Nice meeting u all. Please I need someone to help me out on how to get along with which exam is the best for me (TOEFL, SAT, IELTS) as someone going for undergraduate course In the states. And I will like to know any of the university or college with low tuition fee in the states. Thanks to u all and God bless.

Which course are you going for?

SAT is cheap compare to TOEFL and IELTS, but try and write both SAT and TOEFL or SAT and TOEFL if you want scholarship..

Check SMSU their fee is cheap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:
I have a uncle who is in the u.s for more than 20 years now and is a green card holder , he is a brother to my late mother so we don't answer the same surname.
He wants me to come with a visiting visa , and said the student visa takes time,
Pls I want to know what my chances are because I only have a high school certificate which I got 6 years ago,
And also what I want to also ask is if I get there will I be able to get a green card ? Even when am coming with a visiting visa... Pls anyone should pls enlighten me ... Thanks all

Wrong thread bro/sis. Join the Non-immigrant thread for best info. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
bayocanny:

Happney65 come and interpret for walspring oo grin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:

Actually this is a studnet visa thread and not visiting visa thread, am not sure if there is a thread for visiting visa but justwise can help on this by posting the link.

The truth of the matter is how will you convince the VO by proving home times with the less than 200k and other things? (please dont think am mocking you). If your uncle is ready to foot all the bills for you to come and visit then you just need to prove to VO that you will come back and if by any means your uncle package himself to get green card by marrying US citizen just as you are thinking, It will be hard for VO to grant the visa because their thought will be like you wont come back and your uncle will teach you what he did to get his green card.

In all with God all things are possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mztadhee:

Thanks Bros. I appreciate

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Julius1717: 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
Walspring:

Actually this is a studnet visa thread and not visiting visa thread, am not sure if there is a thread for visiting visa but justwise can help on this by posting the link.

The truth of the matter is how will you convince the VO by proving home times with the less than 200k and other things? (please dont think am mocking you). If your uncle is ready to foot all the bills for you to come and visit then you just need to prove to VO that you will come back and if by any means your uncle package himself to get green card by marrying US citizen just as you are thinking, It will be hard for VO to grant the visa because their thought will be like you wont come back and your uncle will teach you what he did to get his green card.

In all with God all things are possible

thanks for your respond , but I want to say is my uncle is the one who is sponsoring me and he has been in the u.s for more than 20 years and he did not get married to a u.s citizen to get a green card....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:
thanks for your respond , but I want to say is my uncle is the one who is sponsoring me and he has been in the u.s for more than 20 years and he did not get married to a u.s citizen to get a green card....

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
Gunther6.thanks so much.it is only God that rewards good deeds.god will reward u abundantly. Amen

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
Please much does Fedex and UPS charge to send files to the USA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Christian129:

You post your question here for strangers to guess an answer
But you can not be bothered to go to the websites and get facts. angry shocked angry shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chinewon88(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Christian129:
Courier Plus charges NGN 9500

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fmsuhgar: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
Christian129:

DHL charge #12650

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:

Hahaha. It's a lot better if you could ask him these questions.

The question I want to ask; Is he ready to support you financially, not just talk, talk and talk. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
worry359:

You post your question here for strangers to guess an answer
But you can not be bothered to go to the websites and get facts. angry shocked angry shocked

Abeg take it easy na........we are all here sharing knowledge .
It might not be accurate but might be the range of what someone else has paid which will give an idea of plus or minus .

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
DeeTus:

Hahaha. It's a lot better if you could ask him these questions.

The question I want to ask; Is he ready to support you financially, not just talk, talk and talk. grin

Nice one and if he can provide this for him, the guy no go get issue at all when it comes to money matter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
kenniez26:
Gunther6.thanks so much.it is only God that rewards good deeds.god will reward u abundantly. Amen

Amen and me too.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
@blossomfarm

You keep sending pm but you not replying so that you can compose your question

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.