Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672508 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Julius1717: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
DeeTus:

Hahaha. It's a lot better if you could ask him these questions.

The question I want to ask; Is he ready to support you financially, not just talk, talk and talk. grin
Which one is talk talk?
If you must know I did not even tell him I want to come over to the u.s.
He has been the one telling me to come and he is going to sponsor me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Julius1717: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Walspring:

Nice one and if he can provide this for him, the guy no go get issue at all when it comes to money matter.
He is the one sponsoring me okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
bayocanny:
Happney65 come and interpret for walspring oo grin
Mr man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:

He is the one sponsoring me okay
Julius1717:

Which one is talk talk?

You need to chill.
You might not be getting the type of responses you wanted/expected but you got answers.
Some people here even got worse than these when they started.
My opinion though.
Bless.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Julius1717: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
tomisinobbm:

You need to chill.
You might not be getting the type of responses you wanted/expected but you got answers.
Some people here even got worse than these when they started.
My opinion though.
Bless.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:

Which one is talk talk?

Please calm down. I believe they are trying to suggest a suitable platform that will not bring regrets. Overlook any part that might seem abusive to you (that is if there is) and concentrate on getting the much needed information to be at the safer side. Jah bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Julius1717: 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2016
OJCITY22:

Please calm down. I believe they are trying to suggest a suitable platform that will not bring regrets. Overlook any part that might seem abusive to you (that is if there is) and concentrate on getting the much needed information to be at the safer side. Jah bless you.
Thanks I appreciate .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:

Which one is talk talk?

Alright, no problem!

Look for scholarship first!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
Julius1717:

Which one is talk talk?

The talk talk is based on history oooo... to sponsor another person is no easy walk in the park and abroad because of bills and tax everyone dey shine them eyes

Many cases where relatives will have good intentions and tell you to come but the reality of bringing that money when u are there is different so if u can get backup in terms of scholarships as Dee Tus said u will thank Nairaland greatly later on
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Julius1717: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

The talk talk is based on history oooo... to sponsor another person is no easy walk in the park and abroad because of bills and tax everyone dey shine them eyes

Many cases where relatives will have good intentions and tell you to come but the reality of bringing that money when u are there is different so if u can get backup in terms of scholarships as Dee Tus said u will thank Nairaland greatly later on
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
Chinewon88:
Courier Plus charges NGN 9500
Thank you. I'd Google courier plus now. Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
fmsuhgar:

DHL charge #12650
Thank you very much FM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
fmsuhgar:

DHL charge #12650
Thank you very much FM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Christian129:

Thank you very much FM

Dhl costed me 9k some months back while they took 12k from someone in my front.
They said there was a promo/discount for students sending documents to their schools.
You might want to confirm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:
grin grin grin...... 250 Naira to $1 is a non compliant rate oooo. You guys think am na ?, the rate is over 400 (abokifix 420 today) so why will someone do 250 .......... Try use debit card and see what the true rate is

Maybe one of help as a good will but if una expect that to be the regular trading rate then ......... You no dey 2016 compliant cool cool

I wonder oo...Maybe i will have to come to naija to help some people pay for sevis fee...

Please, If u want me to help you pay for sevis fee, only email me when u re ready...thanks n stop making unnecessary inquiry from me.. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by poshestaunt: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hi guys! Please what's the difference between waec certificate and high school Transcript? I applied to a cc and they asked me to send my high school Transcript. Which I did. I sent the original waec certificate which was given to me by my school. They have acknowledged receipt but they still insist that I send the certified copies of all the years of my high school transcript for my file cry .Abeg good people of nairaland. What does this mean? I'm not aware that nigerian high schools give transcripts of all the years in high schol. At least Mine did not sha. What can I do. Please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Moving from Pillar to Post, Mobile site to Gmail, Firefox to Chrome... looking for cheap application and funding grin . Whew. No be small thing...l hail unaaa.. ohh
Team 2017 which way?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Christian129:

Thank you. I'd Google courier plus now. Thanks again

You can also check on EMS at nigeria post office its 5 working days according to the officer, the charges is #8,500 for normal files, but nigeria postal service is #750 , will delivered withing 10days according to the officer, l just posted some files at victoria island adeola odeku via Nigerial poster service @ #750

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
poshestaunt:
Hi guys! Please what's the difference between waec certificate and high school Transcript? I applied to a cc and they asked me to send my high school Transcript. Which I did. I sent the original waec certificate which was given to me by my school. They have acknowledged receipt but they still insist that I send the certified copies of all the years of my high school transcript for my file cry .Abeg good people of nairaland. What does this mean? I'm not aware that nigerian high schools give transcripts of all the years in high schol. At least Mine did not sha. What can I do. Please
go to your school n request for it ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Renewable0216: 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hi everyone...here goes the popular intro...I've been silent on the thread for a while, started actually from batch10, trying to read from page1. Thanks to everyone who has been helpful here...you've touched more lives than you can imagine in positive ways you can't imaginesmiley
I finished Bsc Electrical Electronic Engineering with a CPA of 5.7/7. I wrote IELTS earlier in the year with overall band of 8.0 ( my focus was Canada then but couldn't get RA).
I intend to do MSc in anything Electrical with probably some Business options. I'm still having a hard time finding the right course ( I'm very open to suggestions)

I'm shifting focus to the States because I think US has more funding opportunities compared to other countries particularly because I don't have the financial muscle to foot the bills. I'm trying hard to save up but I need some form of funding preferably RA or TA

I'm prepared to write GRE now ( Uncle Gunther6 promised some good discount, plenty thanks to him).

Where I need help now are possible schools that can provide funding or scholarships. Im trying to compile a list since I have to submit the GRE scores to them immediately after the test.

I've tried some other countries with no success basically because I keep to myself most times. I don't want to make same mistakes this time,so I'm open to corrections and guidance from everyone.

Thanks. Hoping to get suggestions soon!
Cc: lagosismyhome, justwise, gunther6, all the guru's in the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bayocanny: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
sobastical:

Mr man!
Big boss, I sight you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Governoryomi: 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
Student package (i.e those sending transcripts to another school abroad) tariff of DHL is 8,700. But i guess they really don't just offer it, its upon request, if not u'll be charged at 12,650.
Christian129:

Thank you very much FM

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
poshestaunt:

Yes some US schools ask for both transcripts.... your high school should be able to give u ss1 to ss3 full result breakdown transcript. .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Dhl costed me 9k some months back while they took 12k from someone in my front.
They said there was a promo/discount for students sending documents to their schools.
You might want to confirm.

This is really helpful. Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Governoryomi:
Student package (i.e those sending transcripts to another school abroad) tariff of DHL is 8,700. But i guess they really don't just offer it, its upon request, if not u'll be charged at 12,650.
Thanks, but I asked the receptionist at the dhl office today and she told me they don't have any discount. Well, maybe she is not in the know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
Songitto:

You can also check on EMS at nigeria post office its 5 working days according to the officer, the charges is #8,500 for normal files, but nigeria postal service is #750 , will delivered withing 10days according to the officer, l just posted some files at victoria island adeola odeku via Nigerial poster service @ #750

.. Did mine for 500 but the problem is with location. If you are sending to the "hinterlands", you might have problem with delivery time. My schools are in rural locations, hence the problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happney65: 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
Christian129:

Unrepentant like Nelson Mandela. You still dey curse your Jailer. Welcome back tho.

Thank You Jare my broda.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 1:15am On Sep 21, 2016
Renewable0216:
Hi everyone...here goes the popular intro...I've been silent on the thread for a while, started actually from batch10, trying to read from page1. Thanks to everyone who has been helpful here...you've touched more lives than you can imagine in positive ways you can't imaginesmiley
I finished Bsc Electrical Electronic Engineering with a CPA of 5.7/7. I wrote IELTS earlier in the year with overall band of 8.0 ( my focus was Canada then but couldn't get RA).
I intend to do MSc in anything Electrical with probably some Business options. I'm still having a hard time finding the right course ( I'm very open to suggestions)

I'm shifting focus to the States because I think US has more funding opportunities compared to other countries particularly because I don't have the financial muscle to foot the bills. I'm trying hard to save up but I need some form of funding preferably RA or TA

I'm prepared to write GRE now ( Uncle Gunther6 promised some good discount, plenty thanks to him).

Where I need help now are possible schools that can provide funding or scholarships. Im trying to compile a list since I have to submit the GRE scores to them immediately after the test.

I've tried some other countries with no success basically because I keep to myself most times. I don't want to make same mistakes this time,so I'm open to corrections and guidance from everyone.

Thanks. Hoping to get suggestions soon!
Cc: lagosismyhome, justwise, gunther6, all the guru's in the house
Uite?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.