Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,353 members, 7,957,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi (11570 Views)

Atiku's Former Spokesman, Segun Showunmi, Visits Former President Buhari / Atiku’s Spokesman, Segun Showunmi Concedes Defeat / Atiku's Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi To Contest For House Of Reps Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Oluboh: 6:29am On Jan 08, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29huNvE4V4

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Segun Sowunmi, has asked Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State to dump the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Sowunmi, a spokesman for the PDP Presidential Campaign Council in 2019, made the remark during an interview on Friday’s episode of Politics Today on Channels Television.

“If I was to take anybody from APC … I think I will be looking at Yahaya Bello,” he said in response to a question on who he would support to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari, other than a member of the main opposition party.

“Why? He (Bello) is young, he ticks your box. He’s been a governor. I have been watching the kinds of things he’s doing, I read the kind of people who are endorsing him, but I know that he is in the party where they will never look at him.

“So maybe I will just say to my friend Yahaya, ‘come to PDP; even if you don’t get Presidency now, we will make you a president one day in our party’. But if you stay with that party, I don’t trust them. They don’t like young people … the only thing they are interested in is their narrow fixation on what they interpret to be the Nigeria of now.”

As Nigerians anticipate the process to elect another leader into the highest office in the land, political actors and parties have begun to intensify efforts at getting their anointed candidate to succeed the President.

Although President Buhari has said he would prefer to keep the identity of his preferred candidate undisclosed, some of the APC members tipped for the office of the Presidency include Yemi Osinbajo, Bola Tinubu, Godswill Akpabio, Rotimi Amaechi, Rochas Okorocha, and Yahaya Bello, among others.

Among those in the PDP are Atiku Abubakar, Aminu Tambuwal, Bukola Saraki, Goodluck Jonathan, Pius Anyim, Bala Mohammed, and Peter Obi.

Despite his position on Governor Bello, Sowunmi believes Atiku remains the best candidate to be elected in the 2023 elections.

According to him, the former vice president fits into the attribute required of the next president, such as age and fitness, religion, ethnicity and zoning, quality of character, ideas, as well as someone who has a unifying persona that can help galvanise the nation.

“I have always said, when it comes to Atiku Abubakar, the issue is not really about where he comes from; the issue is usually about the kind of ideas he stands for over the years,” the PDP chieftain stated.

He added, “I believe that where people come from is an accident on birth and I also hold very strongly that in this country, there is one error we make often – we tend to assume that there are three souths made up of the south-south, the south-east and the south-west and then when we get to the north, we pretend that there is just one north.

“To the best of my knowledge, the North Central has not produced a president in this dispensation; the North East has not produced a president in this dispensation; the South East has not produced a president in this dispensation.”
https://www.channelstv.com/2022/01/07/video-pdp-will-make-you-president-one-day-sowunmi-woos-yahaya-bello/amp/

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by happiness32: 6:32am On Jan 08, 2022
I agree
He is young
He has the energy
He has the connect
He has a huge stake in the party
He has the people especially young population rallying for him

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Naijafever1: 6:33am On Jan 08, 2022
A PDP man endorsing Yahaya Bello already

2023 looks fun

Watch out for Bello

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by helinues: 6:33am On Jan 08, 2022
Both of them could be part of the planned new party cos Sowunmi can't even get Pdd ticket in Ogun state.. GNI have more chances than him

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Simeonee111: 6:34am On Jan 08, 2022
Mind games

Segun knows a Yahaya Bello ticket cannot be defeated

But Bello is not leaving the APC

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Nbotee(m): 6:38am On Jan 08, 2022
happiness32:
I agree
He is young
He has the energy
He has the connect

Which young population are rallying for him?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Simeonee111: 6:41am On Jan 08, 2022
Nbotee:

You no get tv for house?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Maxymilliano(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2022
The question was who would have been his candidate of choice in the APC, and that's what necessitated the response.

But I believed Segun Sowunmi is trying to bait the APC to give their presidential ticket to Yaya Bello who is a colossal failure and a huge disappointment in order for PDP to have an effortless victory

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by uthlaw: 6:48am On Jan 08, 2022
happiness32:
I agree
He is young
He has the energy
He has the connect
a governor without a single complete project for 8yrs in is state!

32 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by alizma: 6:50am On Jan 08, 2022
E go do some people like abrakadabra. Bello
Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by slawormiir: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Apc is full of shit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by ken6488(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
I don't know about south west or south east

But come 2023 we the south south will not be govern by any dam northerner

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by BIZNess123(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
cry undecided
Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by flemsy15(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Even if he comes to PDP, they won't give him the ticket.

But to be honest, Bello is making waves more than I expected him to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Pidginwhisper: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Elebi
Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by cobso5147: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2022
Ghana The site is good for those who want Ghana girlfriend

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2022
animals
Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by mbahdi(m): 8:54am On Jan 08, 2022
Same useless old men
Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by ken6488(m): 8:54am On Jan 08, 2022
happiness32:
I agree
He is young
He has the energy
He has the connect

He win he govern only northern Nigeria only

Maybe it about time we split

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by akeeng: 8:55am On Jan 08, 2022
Yahaya Bello? Buhari’s failure will be success compared to Bello’s. This present suffering will be like enjoyment if Bello ever steps into Aso Villa.

Forget the image laundering and all. Just go to Kogi and ask questions.

Seems Nigerians never learn

15 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by ken6488(m): 8:55am On Jan 08, 2022
Nbotee:

You get energy

Imagine from buhari to Bello cheesy

This one na see finish

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Fabulouslouie(m): 8:56am On Jan 08, 2022
These people think we're complaining about a young or old president.

Looking at the governor's track record, what has he done?

Delivery and character is what matters. Since when is age a determinant of a good leader.

Nonsense and ingredients

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Sheggy13(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2022
What meaningful thing has this guy done in Kogi to warrant putting up his name for Presidenc Kogi is one the poorest states in this country with civil servant owed months of salaries, gratuity and pensions and this is who they want to be President. Such an unfortunate country.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by OldNairalander(m): 8:59am On Jan 08, 2022
Media people are evil seriously
He was asked to pick somebody from APC and He picked Yahaya Bello, look at what they reported
Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Skybridge33: 8:59am On Jan 08, 2022
Which kin weed this guy dey smoke.
Re: 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi by Xhuntra: 8:59am On Jan 08, 2022
happiness32:
I agree
He is young
He has the energy
He has the connect

Sycophants everywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mimiko Is Real Awoist —HID Awolowo / Corruption In Africa: Keynote Speech By Professor Patrick L.O. Lumumba Of Kenya / We'll Continue To Arrest, Prosecute Looters Despite No Conviction - VP Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.