Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper (520 Views)

What Can 5 Naira Buy In Your Area? / What Can "5 Naira" Buy In Your Area Since The Era Of "Change" Share Your Views. / What Can You Buy With #5 Naira In Ur Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper by yanshDoctor: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2016
I gave a little boy of 4years 5naira. when he look at the money he said the money is not a good money and they won't take it from him. at first I thought he said the money was bad, when I take a look at the money and saw that nothing was wrong with it so I was confused as I couldn't understand him.

then I sent him to go to that provision store to buy any available thing the 5naira note could buy. he went and return with the 5naira note and said they don't sell anything for 5naira....

so my question is why is the CBN still printing 5naira because its currently good for nothing and even cheaper to use it in the toilet than toilet paper.
Re: Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper by DR1SKLEF(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2016
correct stuff.
Re: Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper by UndisputedBosom(m): 9:53am On Aug 14, 2016
Nailed it....nothin is basically sold at N5 in my area and even state tongue
Re: Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper by Flexherbal(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2016
It is only sweet that you can buy with that now.

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper by JohnNgene: 10:09am On Aug 14, 2016
I suggest that the CBN should consider printing ONE NAIRA and TWO NAIRA notes. Doing that would reduce the cost of so many things from the usual approximated N10 to say N7 or N8. I think that's another way to curb inflation.

Meanwhile, why is no one thinking of producing a 30cl purewater (half the size of the present ones) that can be sold at N5?

2 Likes

Re: Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper by aloeman15(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
Op you're either poor at maths or trying to be funny.
If you truly believe what you say then ask your provisions store or shoprite to change tp money- lets say N100 into 5 naira notes- that's 20 pieces, then come back and tell us how many times you used them. So that we can all compare your answer with how long 20 sheets of tp last for each person.
Joker.

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Naira Dead? Cos It's Cheaper To Use It In Toilet Than Using Toilet Paper by yanshDoctor: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
JohnNgene:
I suggest that the CBN should consider printing ONE NAIRA and TWO NAIRA notes. Doing that would reduce the cost of so many things from the usual approximated N10 to say N7 or N8. I think that's another way to curb inflation.

Meanwhile, why is no one thinking of producing a 30cl purewater (half the size of the present ones) that can be sold at N5?
the water is not the problem but the sachet that's where the cost is most likely.

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Survive Recession / Zinox Secures $25m Counterpart Funding To Roll Out Digital Hubs / Foreign Investor To President Buhari: Please Intervene, Ogun State Govt Seeking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.