Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) (45406 Views)

Femi Adebayo Dressed As A Beautiful Woman On Set, Funke Akindele Reacts / More Pictures Of Dr Ladi Kwali A Woman Behind 20 Naira Note / What You Didn't Know About Lady Kwali (the Woman In The N20 Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Ifebazz(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2016
ladyF:
Happy for her. Maybe one day, LadyF will be on the future N5,000 note...

Baba God pick up my call. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Don't worry, when God picks your call you will tell him your talent is hunting for 'first to comment' on Nairaland and your picture should appear on the next thread.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Sabenko: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2016
igahdavid:
I think Nigerians must have missed the road somewhere. This country was destined to be great. What went wrong?
Blame GEJ

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Worksunlimited: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2016
tyconcepts:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I think the woman is a celebrity wink

Meet Ladi Kwali (1925 - 1984), the woman on the Nigeria ₦20 note. She was born in Kwali, Gwari region of Northern Nigeria, where pottery was a common occupation among women. She was so skilled that her work became known in mainland Europe, Britain and the Americas. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, her work was displayed in London at the Berkeley Galleries. She became Nigeria's best-known potter, was awarded a doctorate and was made MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) in 1963 despite not having a formal education.

So inspiring....Something worth emulating.

Lalasticlala come and see this.

A woman that's worth alot, on a currency that's worth almost nothing... What an irony!

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by ladyF(f): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2016
Ifebazz:

Don't worry, when God picks your call you will tell him your talent is hunting for 'first to comment' on Nairaland and your picture should appear on the next thread.
God does not pick the qualified, he qualifies the chosen.

Have a blessed day!
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by malikombi(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2016
How I wish I was born in the 60s'....

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Sexytemi:
Already read about her on this Same site 2yrs ago....

Hardworking woman with pottery passion.

Having my 'Sunday service' ontop those two melons on your chest this morning wont be a bad deal at all? U fit show my crib? Like now?
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by naturalwaves: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2016
tyconcepts:
I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I think the woman is a celebrity wink

Meet Ladi Kwali (1925 - 1984), the woman on the Nigeria ₦20 note. She was born in Kwali, Gwari region of Northern Nigeria, where pottery was a common occupation among women. She was so skilled that her work became known in mainland Europe, Britain and the Americas. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, her work was displayed in London at the Berkeley Galleries. She became Nigeria's best-known potter, was awarded a doctorate and was made MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) in 1963 despite not having a formal education.

So inspiring....Something worth emulating.

Lalasticlala come and see this.
Very poor narration and too short . Nothing much to read, nothing much on her background. How did she die etc. Poor research work.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by rapztar(m): 10:35am On Aug 14, 2016
n she is Gbagyi too. #proud
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by KAYD007(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2016
COvo:
How many times we go see this topic.

Necessary b'cause some kids were just given birth to yesterday, dem full nairaland!

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by mu2sa2: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2016
ladyF:

Keep hope alive, but you must do something more worthwhile than just posting ad nauseam the self- adulatory it's ladyf again.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by DIKEnaWAR: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2016
And like everything wrong with and in Nigeria; they did not consider her worthy to grace the front of the naira note? She had to be at the back of the ethnic killing machine called Murtala Mohammed, who lived by the gun and died by it.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2016
SirElaw:
Stories like this make me wonder how we missed it. We had something going really well for us. Our arts and crafts were well sort after across the Globe. Combine this with agriculture and we could have been world leaders in our own right. I guess it all boils down to poor decisions made by our elite/leaders. Now we keep chasing shadows angry
Now we are exporting Yahoo-Yahoo and hard drugs.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by hamzeiy: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2016
igahdavid:
I think Nigerians must have missed the road somewhere. This country was destined to be great. What went wrong?
aguiyi ironsi and kaduna or whatever his name is made us missed our path.our source of disunity and retrogression started with their in decision and actions respectively.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by justmenoni: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2016
maybe on the 10,000 note sef..ladyf abeg where ur sister introvert na?
ladyF:

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2016
SirElaw:
Stories like this make me wonder how we missed it. We had something going really well for us. Our arts and crafts were well sort after across the Globe. Combine this with agriculture and we could have been world leaders in our own right. I guess it all boils down to poor decisions made by our elite/leaders. Now we keep chasing shadows angry
Exactly, when skills are celebrated over paper certificates.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 14, 2016
ladyF:

the woman sabi do potters,wetin u sabi do?
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by ladyF(f): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2016
justmenoni:
maybe on the 10,000 note sef..ladyf abeg where ur sister introvert na?
lol send her a PM na? She will be back soon. grin
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2016
richgang:
Folake give me love ooooo

Na you dey catch my shot ooo

For your sake I go go church ooo

Ehhh, we go drive around with my porsche oo

Baby Pana

Them say you like cassave , I get a big cassava
na dis kain tin no dey make naija move foward see the kain lyrics our youths dey listen to
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2016
Strawman:

Do you know the kind of inflation that a N5000 note would create? angry
I wanted to quote her and say, may your plan not work, but I did not want her to misunderstand my position.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by justmenoni: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2016
Lol na lie cos i don send her pm tire..are u sure ladyf isn't introvert? grin grin grin grin grin

ladyF:

lol send her a PM na? She will be back soon. grin
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by ojonugwa25(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2016
is she alive?pls call me for stucco effect paint 08066728977

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Skmoda360(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2016
Strawman:

Do you know the kind of inflation that a N5000 note would create? angry
exactly my thought, i don't think there will ever be #5000 note.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by ladyF(f): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2016
justmenoni:
Lol na lie cos i don send her pm tire..are u sure ladyf isn't introvert? grin grin grin grin grin

hehehe... How are you sure Lady.F is even female? grin
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by ladyF(f): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2016
Idiots:

the woman sabi do potters,wetin u sabi do?
ayam a fast learner Sir. grin
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:

The discovery of oil. It is too easy to be hardworking!
I disagree with this. We got it wrong when we started thinking "educated" leaders would do us better. Those leaders made decisions that brought here.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2016
ladyF:
ayam a fast learner Sir. grin
ok...queen.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by obinoral1179(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2016
SirElaw:
our leaders from on set cause all this problem. We should be lending to nations now not borrowing.... I weep for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by Feanah(f): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2016
SirElaw:
Very true

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by justmenoni: 11:35am On Aug 14, 2016
you're right tho and hw person wan know sef if introvert is actually not a female? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ladyF:

hehehe... How are you sure Lady.F is even female? grin
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by m20208899: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2016
kennyman2000:
Wondering where Nigeria got it wrong now!

Nigeria got it wrong the moment we chose to become a republic and delved into being a capitalist nation!

Ever since then things have been going from 'good' to 'not so good' for Nigeria.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali : The Woman On The Nigeria ₦20 Note. (pic) by tyconcepts(f): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2016
naturalwaves:

Very poor narration and too short . Nothing much to read, nothing much on her background. How did she die etc. Poor research work.

Abeg help me complete the research tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D’banj Buys A Range Rover For His Wife, Lineo For Valentine / My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets / 2face Idibia Is Gay - Blackface In 'War', 2face Diss Track

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.