Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him (12512 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Don't Blame Wike Or Secondus - Okupe Tells Bode George, Others / Agbaje Tosin Councillorship Campaign Billboard In Lagos Compares Jonathan&Buhari / PDP Govs Backing Agbaje To Install Atiku As 2019 Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Tearg1: 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
The ongoing selection of the next PDP national leader got underway with several vested interest in the chairmanship position.

Most young PDP members have requested for a chairman with integrity. Nevertheless alot of stakeholders were happy with Jim Agbaje's candidacy.

But after reading this piece of article, I ask myself 1 question, is Bode George serious??

Pls read

A former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Bode George, says he is very disappointed with the insistence of the Lagos State governorship candidate of the PDP in the 2015 election, Jimi Agbaje, not to step down for him over the national chairmanship contest of the party.

George, who supported Agbaje during the governorship election, said he expected that Agbaje would do the same for him on his ambition to become the next chairman of the PDP.

Speaking in an interview with our correspondent on Friday, George said the support he gave to Agbaje during the governorship election was one of the causes of the crisis in the Lagos State chapter of the PDP.

George said, “I am very disappointed but not angry. Vengeance is not mine, it is God’s. I want to quote the book of Ecclesiastics, which says that there is a season for everything. Whatever you sow in your lifetime, you will reap.

“Our Lord Jesus Christ said that one of his disciples would betray him. The disciples started looking round. Judas Iscariot, the traitor, has been around from time immemorial. It’s a shame. That is his (Agbaje’s) choice. I just pray that God would continue to direct this country. God has told us that it is only Him we can trust, not human beings.”

George added, “Agbaje knows what is right. My advice is that he should step down. He should obey his elders. As a Christian, we should have the fear of God. If he insists on contesting, I cannot stop him. Let the decision be made by the delegates at the convention.”

Reacting in an interview with our correspondent on Saturday, Agbaje said he had great respect for George.

Agbaje, who spoke through his spokesperson, Mr. Felix Oboagwina, said he was not a betrayer as being claimed, adding that he decided to contest the election in the national interest.

He said, “For Jimi Agbaje, the national chairmanship position was never his ambition. He never aspired to it. The stakeholders decided that they needed someone who would not have to deal with a reputation crisis and they chose Agbaje.

“Agbaje never betrayed Chief Bode George. He is not a betrayer. He has all the respect for George but this is beyond true allies; this is beyond Lagos State. He is contesting in the national interest. The party has created a level playing field. Let the best man win.”

http://punchng.com/pdp-chair-obey-elders-step-george-tells-agbaje/

3 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Zector(m): 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ok
Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by micfoley: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
I don't see Agbaje stepping down

3 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by locosis007(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bode George is more of a problem than solution in PDP

Can an ex convict contest for chairmanship position?? Prolly chairmanship is not an elected position I guess

Bode george should hide his tail and play background politics.

36 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Tearg1: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
The truth is that PDP needs Agbaje.. Bode George is a good politician with tainted records...

15 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by chriskosherbal(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
OK, i see

1 Like

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Tearg1: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
locosis007:
Bode George is more of a problem than solution in PDP

Can an ex convict contest for chairmanship position?? Prolly chairmanship is not an elected position I guess

Bode george should hide his tail and play background politics.

Bode George suppose to be a capo in PDP. He's too old for the stress of the Job...

5 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by DaudaAbu(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Make ex-convict go siddon joor.

Elders wwy no get shame. Maybe his case should be revisited

14 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Bethelwealthy(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
..............With Bode George, PDP is gone. Dead to rise no more! undecided
.........With Agbaje, i will personally register under a party first time in my life. That man is honourable.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by dunkem21(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
OK, let's settle this..

Click *Like to endorse Bode George..

*Share to support Agbaje..

Edited: The *shares have it..

Go, Jimi!

4 Likes 67 Shares

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Izonpikin: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
Let them leave the agbaje na...let a bit of young hands run the dead party....that old bode George should go to sleep.... angry

3 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by kongobros: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Na so
Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
okay
Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by hucienda: 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bode George if you want it, then campaign for it.

It's obvious the party needs a consensus person like JK.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Exponental(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2016
One man for himself.
Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Benjom(m): 7:31am On Aug 15, 2016
No, don't step down for him. Instead, step up your game.

1 Like

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2016
These old men will never allow young blood in this country develop.

5 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by izzou(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2016
Jimi is suitable for that seat

But truth be told

Nigeria politics needs more than a youthful age

Jimi won't be able to pull some needed forces to PDP. I think Jimi should gain much grounds and build more pillars and then he can contest for the next one.

My 2kobo sha

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by metalDETECTED(m): 7:34am On Aug 15, 2016
One thief asks another to step down cool

1 Like

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by rofesobi33(m): 7:35am On Aug 15, 2016
this old corrupt and ex-convict that called nigeria turn by turn nigeria limited during gej campaign should be advised to forget about nigeria politics.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by hefelove(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Agbaje ti shi party wo

3 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by shamecurls(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2016
[size=14pt] grin grin grin

PDP is all about comedy
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by shaddoww: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Bode who can't even control PDP in lagos alone wants to be national chairman. As for Jimi Agbaje, he should follow his conviction n also be tactical because if he should lose, he would av lost d battle n also loose d war. But he should sit with Bode George n make him understand why they both need to be in d race so dat Lagos will stand a better chance.

3 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Pavore9: 7:45am On Aug 15, 2016
Bode George should go and rest!

1 Like

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by Mynd44: 7:45am On Aug 15, 2016
shaddoww:
Bode who can't even control PDP in lagos alone wants to be national chairman. As for Jimi Agbaje, he should follow his conviction n also be tactical because if he should lose, he would av lost d battle n also loose d war. But he should sit with Bode George n make him understand why they both need to be in d race so dat [b]Lagos will stand a better chance.[/b

With the way Ambode is going, the PDP can just wave Lagos state bye in 2019. The truth is that both Agbaje and Bode George cannot hold Lagos. They are simply not good enough

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by HACKPASTOR(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by seunoni34(m): 7:46am On Aug 15, 2016
I don't see either of the 2 doing things better. But why does agbaje like betraying his people? Last time it was his family member (ọba of Lagos) and now an elder who gave him full support during the last election? Well he might be a good & eloquent man but he lacks that kinda persona required to fit in there. There's this missing appeal.
What's my business though? I'm for APC so I'll continue to wish the PDP more woes like this one. grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by olajizz01(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2016
When the desirable is not available,the available become the desirable[Jimi Agbaje].

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Asks Agbaje To Step Down For Him by snezBaba: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2016
If dis people should let bode George enter. That is all pdp needs to nail their coffin... tongue

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Everybody In Ebonyi Wants To Be SA, SSA —gov Umahi / 10 Governor Who Sacked Appointees, Dissolved Executive Councils In 2021 / Bayelsa PDP In Confusion Over Defections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.