Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People (977 Views)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nedu2000(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
Last week,VIO(vehicle inspection officers) stopped my driver and seized the van,reason? He wasn't using his glasses to drive and he didn't have 'vio's' waste basket!. Now my driver only uses his glasses to read and we have a waste basket,given to us by the local govt while registering the vehicle yearly. The VIO official claimed that they have their own and it was introduced 2weeks ago. How he expected us to have known or why VIO should give out waste bins is beyond me.The van was impounded for that reason.

should vehicles be impounded for such trivial reasons? Why not seize one's licence and give him a receipt for payment,maybe to be paid over the next 30 days,instead of seizing a vehicle and it's content not minding the contents or circumstances.
The police once delayed me 'cause I refused to bribe them and they had cause to ask me for my birth cert!
Federal road safety commission(FRSC) can't wait for october,when they'll start impounding commercial vehicles if they don't install the N60,000+ equipment that is the speed limiting device. The main causes of accidents is either the poor state of a vehicle ,poor decision-making of drivers and then distractions.Moving at 101km/h will not make a car explode,if it did car manufacturers won't extend the speedometers to 230km/h. FRSC should focus on educating drivers and not imposing equipments on them

Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by kingreign(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
Na wa o.
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by mejai(m): 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
D jungle is getting hotter. nna men!
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by colossus2: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Please what's the meaning of "he was not driving with his glasses".
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nedu2000(m): 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:
Please what's the meaning of "he was not driving with his glasses".
glasses as in eye glasses na,that it's written 'yes'.when asked if he wore glasses at all. He does,but they are reading glasses
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by colossus2: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
nedu2000:
glasses as in eye glasses na,that it's written 'yes'.when asked if he wore glasses at all. He does,but they are reading glasses
Na wa oh shocked
So waste bin and glass offence na 20k.
What's the waste bin for
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nedu2000(m): 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
colossus2:

Na wa oh shocked
So waste bin and glass offence na 20k.
What's the waste bin for
to put waste na,the strangest part is that I actually have a waste bin!! But they insist on having their own. The vehicle was impounded
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by colossus2: 7:13am On Aug 15, 2016
nedu2000:
to put waste na,the strangest part is that I actually have a waste bin!! But they insist on having their own. The vehicle was impounded
Na wa oh. This scam is just plain silly.
How many waste. Is the van a mobile eatery
Naija which way embarassed

1 Like

Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2016
Dominique, lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nissparts(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2016
Go to Twitter.
I am sure you can challenge this
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nurey(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2016
I don't mind if you call me a sick bastard or a psychologically challenged human being for my comment.

I think it's high time guns are freely allowed in this country, so I can gun down uniform men who don't know their job.

I had an awful experience recently with FRSC Which has made me vowed that if they dare step on the express to flank me down, I will crush that individual to death damming the consequences at least 1less corrupt entity.
I was stopped and they asked for virtually everything which I provided and since I was too good at following the law, they said one of my brake light bulb is dead so they were gonna book me, I have always had issues with bulb I buy new but they never seems to last, fine I acknowledge that and said I would fix it but no, they said they would book me, I now asked is there no first time, second time and then third time offender before booking besides there is no FRSC law on booking for dead bulb, the guy just dey smile so my brother said I should keep quiet and let the man do his job, I shouldn't rap with him, I guess that's what scared the guy, he just gave me my DL and said to my brother "continue camera-ing me" I looked at my bro he didn't have his phone or camera on him.

When we moved my brother just said next time don't speak to them just notice their name and vehicle number and social media their exploit.
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by colossus2: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2016
nurey:
I don't mind if you call me a sick bastard or a psychologically challenged human being for my comment.

I think it's high time guns are freely allowed in this country, so I can gun down uniform men who don't know their job.

I had an awful experience recently with FRSC Which has made me vowed that if they dare step on the express to flank me down, I will crush that individual to death damming the consequences at least 1less corrupt entity.
I was stopped and they asked for virtually everything which I provided and since I was too good at following the law, they said one of my brake light bulb is dead so they were gonna book me, I have always had issues with bulb I buy new but they never seems to last, fine I acknowledge that and said I would fix it but no, they said they would book me, I now asked is there no first time, second time and then third time offender before booking besides there is no FRSC law on booking for dead bulb, the guy just dey smile so my brother said I should keep quiet and let the man do his job, I shouldn't rap with him, I guess that's what scared the guy, he just gave me my DL and said to my brother "continue camera-ing me" I looked at my bro he didn't have his phone or camera on him.

When we moved my brother just said next time don't speak to them just notice their name and vehicle number and social media their exploit.
It's just annoying.
I don't stop for them.
I almost knocked an FRSC officer if not that the ediot dodged and later hit my side mirror. Their useless field officers like forming strict and I must have extremely broken a law before I can part my cash to any law enforcer else we go on suicide mission. This happened in Benin.

Another happened in delta early this month (delta state version of lastma).
I was coming out of a street into a major road, I was answering a call via the car audio Bluetooth, though I held my phone.
Next thing I saw was snapshot upon snapshots. Then one of the ediots flagged me to park which I did. Another decided to open the door but it was locked.
Their oga came and was like wind down sir we can't talk to you while your glass is up.
I now told myself why waste your time here, then I zoomed off only to meet traffic at the next pole due to traffic light.
They contacted their members there to stop me and they themselves ran down (for their mind them don see better SUV).
I was just watching the traffic light counting down from 79.
Omo one mumu come bring tyre lock to lock my front tyre. As the ediot bent down, na so I rev the motor and swerved an inch to teach him a lesson only for him to run out with his tyre lock.
Next thing they were saying was that I have put myself in big trouble.
As traffic light showed green, I drove off.
No time for rubbish

1 Like

Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nedu2000(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2016
nissparts:
Go to Twitter.
I am sure you can challenge this
how? On the VIO twitter acct? Who?
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nedu2000(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
UPDATE : VIO says the customised waste bin is still not available,after seizing the vehicle and charging me N20,000
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nissparts(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
nedu2000:
how? On the VIO twitter acct? Who?

Look for Giditraffic and post it there
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by nedu2000(m): 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
nissparts:

Look for Giditraffic and post it there
thanks
Re: Vio,roadsafety And The Er...police Vs The People by sheddy03: 8:50am On Aug 16, 2016
has anyone renew his/her vehicles papers in abuja recently?
I learnt VIO is making computer test on vehicle compulsory. pls educate us, what is it about, is there any particular vehicle class that is suppose to undergo the computer test?
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Threads Hidden On Cartalk Section / Lagos Begins Computerized Vehicle Inspection / My Car On A Date With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.