Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency (828 Views)

Afe Babalola Supports Restructuring, Says Obasanjo Is Best President / "Buhari Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Turkey Based Igbo Man / Buhari Is Nigeria’s Best President Ever – APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by Rexceedo: 6:53am On Aug 15, 2016
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, on Sunday said President would be one of Nigeria’s best presidents even as he described the last couple of weeks as those the president witnessed the heaviest public criticism since he assumed office on May 29, 2015.

Shehu said much of the criticism which he (Shehu) described as unfair had been on account of the unresolved social and economic problems facing the country.

Shehu said this in an opinion article he made available to journalists.

He said,

“The currency liberalisation and the deregulation of the petroleum products sale will make President Buhari one of the best presidents till date. The removal of subsidies on the petrol products has saved the government more than N2tn annual expenditure in this respect".

“President Buhari’s foreign trips have brought many things to the country. He has energised our foreign policy. Beyond the enormous goodwill reaped from “resetting” age-old but damaged relations with neighbours and distant partners and friends, the President has attracted foreign development assistance and direct investments.

It is generally accepted that good foreign relations bring foreign direct investment. So much is currently being done one year into the administration. This is in spite of the world economy being sluggish and recession-stricken.”

He said the criticism, especially on the increase in prices of foodstuff, needed to be challenged before it overshadowed the President’s achievement in the anti-terrorism and anti-corruption wars.

Shehu said contrary to what obtained in the local media, Buhari got lavish praise abroad for his efforts at repositioning the country.

He said the Boko Haram leader, Shekau, or the pipeline vandal from the Niger Delta region was more likely to get newspaper front pages today than the Minister of Labour, Senator Chris Ngige, or the Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun, talking about jobs creation or the economy.

He said,

“I don’t say that media criticism is not reflective of the feeling of the citizens. President Buhari has himself on numerous occasions admitted that the change mantra has brought with it pain and suffering which he likened to the pains of labour. It is a passing phase.

“When they ask the question, is this the change we voted for, the critic forgets how far we have come from the scam-tainted years of the PDP (Peoples Democratic Party) rule. How many people have given a thought to the possibility of Nigeria doing something that the combined strength of Europe and America have failed to do?

“There are many today who take for granted the declared victory over the Boko Haram terrorists, forgetting the reign of the bomber who made it almost impossible for regular attendance in churches and mosques in many of our cities, including the Federal Capital City, Abuja.

“Victory over Boko Haram has brought peace not only to Nigeria but to the countries in the Lake Chad region.
“The world leaders are still at work trying to contain the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, ISIS, which threat sadly continues to become more potent.

“Everyone living in Nigeria knows that there is a major movement against corruption as part of the ongoing change. This war has forced the return to the treasury of billions of Naira and millions of Dollars stolen by past officials.”

http://punchng.com/buhari-will-one-nigerias-best-presidents-presidency/
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by Rexceedo: 6:54am On Aug 15, 2016
Best kee?
Liar Muhammad have passed his Lying antics to this fellow.

=> No foreign country on its right and sincere sense will applaud Buharia's Administration Economic strategies(unless his allies like Palestine, Iraq Iran......etc).

=>In fact no Civilized citizens will tolerate this kind of Government.

It'd have been laudable, if he created palliatives and alternatives before placing ban on all the commodities.
He just made those who voted him to fall into the hand of Wailers.

>>>Lets change your life for Good.
Visit our site today and testify the diff yourself.
Challenges don't last...
http://www.eaglelike.com/2016/08/scars-are-important-for-progress.html
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by knuckbuck(m): 6:55am On Aug 15, 2016
hahahahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin
I can not help but laugh.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by wristbangle: 6:57am On Aug 15, 2016
Let's wait and see because I am loosing faith in the administration. We know it's not easy to get things working for just a year, however, we are not seeing any tide that the economy will pick up soon.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 6:58am On Aug 15, 2016
Joke of the year grin cheesy
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by eleojo23: 6:58am On Aug 15, 2016
Really? undecided
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by metalDETECTED(m): 6:59am On Aug 15, 2016
You don't say .... that moment a criple's mom boasts about how fast her son can run grin cheesy
Dickdastardly come see oooooo!

Buhari sef! angry sad
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by metalDETECTED(m): 7:00am On Aug 15, 2016
wristbangle:
Let's wait and see because I am loosing faith in the administration. We know it's not easy to get things working for just a year, however, we are not seeing any tide that the economy will pick up soon.
You and tosyne are better at giving us 10 ways or signs to know that akamu or dawa has soured grin cheesy
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by eleojo23: 7:01am On Aug 15, 2016
grin undecided
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by greatgod2012(f): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2016
May God help him.

May God give him wisdom to achieve that.

His success as the President is the desire of we Nigerians.

If he fails, it is we Nigerians that will suffer from his failure, just like we are already suffering from it now, so, the best thing is to wish him success.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by greatgod2012(f): 7:05am On Aug 15, 2016
dunkem21:
Joke of the year grin cheesy

Don't lose hope, anything can still happen. But I pray positive things happen.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by eleojo23: 7:06am On Aug 15, 2016
greatgod2012:
May God help him.

May God give him wisdom to achieve that.

His success as the President is the desire of we Nigerians.

If he fails, it is we Nigerians that will suffer from his failure, just like we are already suffering from it now, so, the best thing is to wish him success.

I would like to say Amen to this prayer but I hope Buhari will allow God to help him. The guy likes doing things on his own even when he doesn't know what he is doing.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by greatgod2012(f): 7:07am On Aug 15, 2016
wristbangle:

I'm already losing hope too, but it's good to keep hope alive. Let's just pray for him, with our prayers for him, things might just change and positively too.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by greatgod2012(f): 7:12am On Aug 15, 2016
eleojo23:

I would like to say Amen to this prayer but I hope Buhari will allow God to help him. The guy likes doing things on his own even when he doesn't know what he is doing.

You're right, his ineptitude is so glaring but with God, all things are possible.

God can do and undo, at least, he can't be wiser or greater than God, personally, I've chose to be praying for our leaders and the ones that are too stubborn and selfish should be dealt with like king Herod in the Bible.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by otukpo(f): 7:14am On Aug 15, 2016
I didn't expect him to say anything less.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by MadamExcellency: 7:16am On Aug 15, 2016
He should be praised for being forced to remove subsidy and "Forex hoarding" not even the rationing (which elicited the most form of financial corruption ever known in 21st century, where the President's confidants and friends enjoyed N197/$ while the business community/Companies flood BDC for Forex at N320/$ to enable them import raw materials for production)

The truth is that this government is on autopilot with the greatest number of policy somersaults ever depending on how loud the criticism gets.

To Buhari, diversification means:
a) Removing subsidies on agricultural inputs
b) Farmers paying for their security and that of the farm
c) Spending billions to explore oil is the Northeast
d) Suspecting every Industrialist for corruption except Dangote.
Etc.

It is time the President stop keeping the goal post and take on the striking position. No team ever wins without scoring goals.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by blueflowers(f): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2016
The masses should be the ones saying this.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by wowmenow: 7:18am On Aug 15, 2016
He his the best already

According to the hailing hailers

That's how they will keeep praising him until they impeach him
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by sathel(m): 7:21am On Aug 15, 2016
Incompetent DY/DX
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by omenka(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2016
Forget the lies and propaganda which are part and parcel of every government the world over- this statement right here is a home truth which I haven't the slightest doubts about.

Time will tell..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by Flyingngel(m): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by wristbangle: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2016
metalDETECTED:

You and tosyne are better at giving us 10 ways or signs to know that akamu or dawa has soured grin cheesy

U are Nat sewious tongue.

E so mi de bi, o ga o!
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by chefremy(m): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2016
and they will be claiming stupid things....can't they think.what have they done that he will be the best?
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by wristbangle: 7:36am On Aug 15, 2016
greatgod2012:

I'm already losing hope too, but it's good to keep hope alive. Let's just pray for him, with our prayers for him, things might just change and positively too.

Hmm! I pray so too. Atimes sef I am forced to call him clueless because of his conflicting policies.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by SweetieConstie(f): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2016
Okay...undecided
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by Obamina(m): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2016
We now watch time to eat in this nation not because we love it but if u eat early hunger will meet u middle of the day and wen u eat at middle, hunger won't let u sleep in peaceeeeeeeeee yet buhari na best president. May God help us all
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by juman(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2016
I just laugh. grin
Buhari lacks the qualities, capacity and capability to be a great leader.

Buhari who is a sectional leader. He is not a national leader.
Deep love of masses is one of the essential qualities of great leaders, buhari lack that.
Re: Buhari Will Be One Of Nigeria’s Best President – Presidency by shift15(m): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2016
omenka:
Forget the lies and propaganda which are part and parcel of every government the world over- this statement right here is a home truth which I haven't the slightest doubts about.

Time will tell..

Welcome back. Your friends missed you.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo APC Primary: Winner Yet Unknown As Abraham Catches Up With Akeredolu / Ondo Apc Crisis Bola Ilori Is Selfishly Using Tinubu!!! / SE Leader Says Igbos Are Oppressed In Nigeria, Labels Them Slaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.