Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" (768 Views)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / What Does Matthew 5:38 Really Mean? / What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2016

Hello guys, please i need your thoughts on this issue.
The lord said we should not judge others "Luke 6:37"
but here's is where it gets confusing
When you judge something/someone/people you are either saying that thing/person/group of individuals is/are
either " Good / Bad ".

now, does it mean even when we say something/someone is good we are also sinning against God?

Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
When you say smth or smone is good, you aren't judging but appreciating the thing or person.

Many people have good intent and purposes but they condemned by someone who knows nothing about their good intentions. That's judging.
Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:
When you say smth or smone is good, you aren't judging but appreciating the thing or person.

Many people have good intent and purposes but they condemned by someone who knows nothing about their good intentions. That's judging.

well, according to the online dictionary
visit the links below,
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judge

Judge:

Simple Definition of judge

: to form an opinion about (something or someone) after careful thought

: to regard (someone) as either good or bad
Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by 0ubenji(m): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
This is one grossly misconcieved part of the bible, we, christians have flung out of context...
The issue is most of us read a single bible verse nd rigidly take it literally for what twe want it to mean.
Moreover, a true Biblical principle should be based on a
systematic theology, by looking at it from the big picture, not an isolated verse.

Wanted to raise this issue in this section sometime back, just changed my mind. Dunno if it had been raised b4 and dealt accordingly.
I'm only being selective in my battles. Salvation dey say, is personal tho.
OP...it's a sin to judge.......that's what religious fanatics promote..but no..!!
There's more to it than that
Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
badboy92:

well, according to the online dictionary
visit the links below,
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judge

Judge:

Simple Definition of judge

: to form an opinion about (something or someone) after careful thought

: to regard (someone) as either good or bad

Biblical interpretation not dictionary meaning, the meaning I gave is my opinion not from any reference material.

Bible says: Ye are gods, check dictionary for the meaning of God. And ask yourself if you are one.
Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Biblical interpretation not dictionary meaning, the meaning I gave is my opinion not from any reference material.

Bible says: Ye are gods, check dictionary for the meaning of God. And ask yourself if you are one.
what language was the bible translated in? isn't it English language?
of course English language can always be referenced especially in this context.

"ye are Gods"

from the dictionary definition of a God, you will still understand what that line above says.
Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by 0ubenji(m): 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
badboy92:

"ye are Gods"

from the dictionary definition of a God, you will still understand what that line above says.
Dude...lolz..abeg leave that confused guy
Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
badboy92:

"ye are Gods"

And Thou shall not judge is Mandarin?
Re: What Does God Really Mean By "Thou Shall Not Judge" by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
have also asked this question....

(1) (Reply)

Debunking The Misconceptions Of Evolution: For Christians And Muslims / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/11/16 / MMM: The Beginning Of Misery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.