Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Who Are You Really? What Is Christianity All About? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You Really? What Is Christianity All About? (331 Views)

Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / Is Christianity A Religion Of Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are You Really? What Is Christianity All About? by Lasbrey95(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
Good day people of GOD, i have been plagued by the word "Christians", what we see it as, what it should be seen about and what it is about?

First off, Jesus Christ in the bible never called his disciples believers or Christians. He did not even mind if they actually bought his sermons and doctrines but yet he cared and carried them along in his ministry. (Now don't get me wrong, he would have known their thoughts and actions before they were conceived and carried out, but yet he kept asking them who they thought he was. And as you well know, they gave various answers.)
The bible even recorded that they were amazed at some of the things he did(like commanding the waves) as though they just met a stranger. Truly,know him, they did not,until the last days and the Pentecost.
Where am i going with this, someone may ask, but at this stage the disciples were just like you, following your mentor and being amazed at the things he says, the cars he buys, his actions; without truly knowing him.
Now fast forward to the post-Pentecost days, the disciples were called believers because they held unto the gift(holy spirit) and words of Jesus Christ. Further along the line, in Antioch,i quote,"the believers were first called Christians", because not only did they believe in GOD through Jesus, they acted out their belief in all aspects of their lives. Now remember, there were a lot of converts then, but only those who really put their belief into action were called Christians.

After many centuries, the word Christian(which is supposed to be an honorable name assumed by the fervent and practicing believers) has been brandished and stapled on every Tom, Dick and Harry, who carries the bible, or goes to church.
The bible says"by their fruits we shall them", but we humans have turned it to"by their name we shall know them". This error has shattered and lowered the standard expected of a believer, talk more of a Christian. A believer is supposed to work, act out his faith and "let men see his good works and glorify his father in heaven" as the bible says. This is exactly what happened in Acts, the people saw their works, glorified their father and called them "Christ-like" or "Christians" if you like.
What does this say about the state of Christianity? A thorough change of mind, self-query, aspirations to please God and absolute repentance. This is part of the reasons so-called "Christians" are dumped in offices, organizations etc because their works are like those of the unbelievers.
Are you a Christian, a believer or just a "normal church goer? Retrace your steps today and start again. Its never too late.

Now, i don't know about you, but am not yet a Christian, but a believer who prays to become a Christian.
(Please your comments will be appreciated, this is my first post on NL) GOD bless you.
Re: Who Are You Really? What Is Christianity All About? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
Seun cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Secretes Of The Lord Revealed Part 1 / Why Do Christian Give Only Money During Offering Time / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(sat. 17/09/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.