Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,662 members, 7,823,876 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? (1814 Views)

20 Dirty And Childish Behaviours That Must Not Enter 2018 / Childish Ways Most Guys Behave That Has Got To Stop / Guys Please Stop This Irritating Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
I was chatting with my girlfriend today and suddenly I became serious with our discussion, I asked her some questions about our future as we were in our finals in school, graduating this year, so I asked her what she wanted to be after school and all, she first said she wanted to go for her masters and do some professional courses, though that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear but it caught my attention which brought me to my next question

I asked her if our relationship can go on because of the foreseen distance and due to the fact that she'll be going for masters and all(though I plan to relocate to lagos where she stays, after school, which I told her) she said she doesn't really know, I asked her if we should end things after school, she said no.... so I asked her again what her fears were in the future concerning our relationship, that was when she opened up that it's her parents, that she actually had a heated argument with her mum yesterday concerning this tribal difference of a thing, in her mum's words

"People are having so many failed marriages due to their tribal differences, that people from same tribe understand each other better"

When I heard that I was very irritated and disappointed at that statement and wondered why a grown ass woman would have such thoughts in her head

My girl tried to tell her that it doesn't guarantee happiness but she refused to listen and said she wouldn't give her blessing to any child that goes against her wish and this is one of the reasons why she hasn't mentioned our relationship to her mother yet but her brothers know about us and support us also

Now the thing is, she's yoruba, i'm itsekiri, the two tribes are kinda similar as some words in yoruba mean the same thing in itsekiri, both tribes share names, the only difference between my name and my girl's name is the first letter, hers start with "M" while mine starts with "N".

She sent me various voicenotes crying that she doesn't want to end things that she knows she's selfish for not telling me from the beginning that she didn't want to lose me, that she has never felt such joy and happiness in a relationship before, that i'm sure of

I love this girl and she loves me too and to top it all up, she's still preserved(you know what I mean) please how do we go about this situation? I really need all the advice I can get right now cause as it seems we are about to end things for good
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by adedammy007(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2016
space booked
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by newsphase(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
My sister is actually going through almost the same thing... But in this case the guy is afraid of the difference in tribes... which he shouldn't...

Now I believe this case has a very simple and a very impossible solution...

Lets consider this about your relationship

1. Your girl cannot see a future about your relationship..
2. She doesn't agree with her parents on the tribalistic stuff and yet has not made up her mind if she wants to go on with you for the rest of her life..
3. She is going to distance herself from you (I mean going for her masters) with this very critical situation happening, meaning she is as good as gone..

DarkSkinBwoy I want you to just clarify the situation with your girlfriend using what I told you above...

If she keeps saying I don't know, or I am confused or give me time to think, then I assure you there is a 50% chance that girl will follow her parents, and you will end up heartbroken (maybe you will be waiting for one year for her to finish her master and when she is done, you will see her invitation card)

I wouldn't blame the mother, she is just protecting her little girl from all the marriage problems you see around, you can't trust men at all...

Once you clarify the situation with your woman... Then you can go to buy the parents acceptance.. When I say buy I mean do anything to get it... be it gifts, house chores or anything...

With aid from your woman, (that is she will be expressing your work as characterisitcs of a good husband to her parents in the back) then lets see what will happen..

Remember your woman said her mother refused you not because she didn't like you tribe... But because that people from same tribe understand each other better.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
newsphase:
My sister is actually going through almost the same thing... But in this case the guy is afraid of the difference in tribes... which he shouldn't...

Now I believe this case has a very simple and a very impossible solution...

Lets consider this about your relationship

1. Your girl cannot see a future about your relationship..
2. She doesn't agree with her parents on the tribalistic stuff and yet has not made up her mind if she wants to go on with you for the rest of her life..
3. She is going to distance herself from you (I mean going for her masters) with this very critical situation happening, meaning she is as good as gone..

DarkSkinBwoy I want you to just clarify the situation with your girlfriend using what I told you above...

If she keeps saying I don't know, or I am confused or give me time to think, then I assure you there is a 50% chance that girl will follow her parents, and you will end up heartbroken (maybe you will be waiting for one year for her to finish her master and when she is done, you will see her invitation card)

I wouldn't blame the mother, she is just protecting her little girl from all the marriage problems you see around, you can't trust men at all...

Once you clarify the situation with your woman... Then you can go to buy the parents acceptance.. When I say buy I mean do anything to get it... be it gifts, house chores or anything...

With aid from your woman, (that is she will be expressing your work as characterisitcs of a good husband to her parents in the back) then lets see what will happen..

Remember your woman said her mother refused you not because she didn't like you tribe... But because that people from same tribe understand each other better.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Thanks a lot man

I once asked her where she sees us 5years from now, she said, newly weds and probably with a child

The reasons for her "I don't know" is

1- she's scared of future heartbreaks cause she loves me too much
2- I told her i'll be traveling out for my masters which i've cancelled though
3- her parents' tribal stance
4- she hates staying too long away from me

These are the reasons i've deduced, i'm ready to give anything to make us work and possibly get married in the future, that's why i'm planning to relocate to lagos and settle down after graduation

Her mum doesn't know about me yet, but her brothers have mentioned my name in her presence before
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by newsphase(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
DarkSkinBwoy:

Thanks a lot man

I once asked her where she sees us 5years from now, she said, newly weds and probably with a child

These are the reasons i've deduced, i'm ready to give anything to make us work and possibly get married in the future, that's why i'm planning to relocate to lagos and settle down after graduation

Her mum doesn't know about me yet, but her brothers have mentioned my name in her presence before

If you and her are in unison... then you can go ahead and start to win her parents consent

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by waxxydude: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
Itsekiri and yoruba? Her mom has gat to be extremely daft. Breh, make her know how much you feel. Pour out your heart, give her a cup to drink. Make her take decisions.

if she's that mummy girl childish sh_t, then sorry breh cause i don't see you both ending together.

BTW, this would be good for a nollywood script though.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by IamLEGEND1: 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
with the way parents dey para on top tribal matter these days,People like me don enter one chance be that.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by misspicy(f): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
with the way parents dey para on top tribal matter these days,People like me don enter one chance be that.
What about my beautiful northern sisters
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by IamLEGEND1: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
misspicy:

What about my beautiful northern sisters
forget talk,everybody no like fulani now.dem fulani herdsmen don gather bad blood from up north down to the south
parents go say you go slit their daughter throat.grin
Spicy,luv...... i missed you.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by misspicy(f): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
forget talk,everybody no like fulani now.dem fulani herdsmen don gather bad blood from up north down to the south
parents go say you go slit their daughter throat.grin
Spicy,luv...... i missed you.
Hahahahahahahaha gringringrin

sweery I miss you too,when are you coming home bunny kiss wink
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by kellycute(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
DarkSkinBwoy:

Thanks a lot man

I'm gonna be honest with u. It is not going to work. U need to follow ur own dream. Don't build ur life around a lady. I was once in this kind of situation and trust me u don't wanna experience it. Cancelling your dream of travelling out for master cos of her is one of the greatest mistake ever. U need to focus more on developing yourself, be a better u that her family will always wanna associate with. She has already made her choice *to go after her dream* so why not go after yours too? If it is meant to be u guys gonna meet again. Don't try to push it or force it. Even if she decide to listen to her parents and diss you, listen kiddo, your destiny is not tied to anyone who walk away from your life. I know u probably don't wanna let go of whatever joy or happiness u getting from this relationship but trust me your best life or happiness is not behind you but ahead of you. My point is, focus on your own dream focus on your own future. Be successful and everything gonna be alright. You don't need to be mad at her mom. She gotta do what she gotta do. Ur gf already decide to follow her mom advice. It is time for you to let go.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by rosieluv(f): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
kellycute:
I'm gonna be honest with u. It is not going to work. U need to follow ur own dream. Don't build ur life around a lady. I was once in this kind of situation and trust me u don't wanna experience it. Cancelling your dream of travelling out for master cos of her is one of the greatest mistake ever. U need to focus more on developing yourself, be a better u that her family will always wanna associate with. She has already made her choice *to go after her dream* so why not go after yours too? If it is meant to be u guys gonna meet again. Don't try to push it or force it. Even if she decide to listen to her parents and diss you, listen kiddo, your destiny is not tied to anyone who walk away from your life. I know u probably don't wanna let go of whatever joy or happiness u getting from this relationship but trust me your best life or happiness is not behind you but ahead of you. My point is, focus on your own dream focus on your own future. Be successful and everything gonna be alright. You don't need to be mad at her mom. She gotta do what she gotta do. Ur gf already decide to follow her mom advice. It is time for you to let go.
really u gave a simple n realistic answer. u told d plain truth
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
kellycute:

Thanks a lot

Well, it was the idea of my dad that i do my masters outside because of the course I studied, but to be honest with you, i'm not a school person, i'm more interested in the entertainment part of life, i've always been an entertainer

I already told myself that I won't carry my cv up and down looking for a job, my plan is to be an entrepreneur and an artiste/actor/fashionista and the likes and this girl supports me with all her heart and even encourages me, her name should replace the word "understanding" in the dictionary, believe me when I say my dream is built with her in it, there's a lot I wanna do for her for her support and love

We just finished talking and she is clear on her stance in the relationship, she wants to be with me not minding the words of her mum
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2016
waxxydude:
Itsekiri and yoruba? . Breh, make her know how much you feel. Pour out your heart, give her a cup to drink. Make her take decisions.

if she's that mummy girl childish sh_t, then sorry breh cause i don't see you both ending together.

BTW, this would be good for a nollywood script though.

Lol thanks, we've talked things out
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
newsphase:

If you and her are in unison... then you can go ahead and start to win her parents consent

Thanks a lot, your advice really helped, we are in unison, over unison dey worry us now sef cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by rosieluv(f): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
experienced same thing wiv my parents,u jes v to let dem knw ur stand. Besides its evn too early to b discussin marriage,u guys r final year students. As for me i clearly told my parents dat if dey dnt allow me get married to d man of my choice,am gonna remain single or get pregnant,let me c if dey wil nt bless d union. U didnt mention wah er father said abt d relationship,er mother does nt v d final say.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
rosieluv:
experienced same thing wiv my parents,u jes v to let dem knw ur stand. Besides its evn too early to b discussin marriage,u guys r final year students. As for me i clearly told my parents dat if dey dnt allow me get married to d man of my choice,am gonna remain single or get pregnant,let me c if dey wil nt bless d union. U didnt mention wah er father said abt d relationship,er mother does nt v d final say.

She hasn't told them about us yet cause of what her mum has been hammering

It's not early oh, they say make hay while the sun shines, my mum already told me to be sure of what we both want
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by kellycute(m): 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
DarkSkinBwoy:

Thanks a lot

Well, it was the idea of my dad that i do my masters outside because of the course I studied, but to be honest with you, i'm not a school person, i'm more interested in the entertainment part of life, i've always been an entertainer

I already told myself that I won't carry my cv up and down looking for a job, my plan is to be an entrepreneur and an artiste/actor/fashionista and the likes and this girl supports me with all her heart and even encourages me, her name should replace the word "understanding" in the dictionary, believe me when I say my dream is built with her in it, there's a lot I wanna do for her for her support and love

We just finished talking and she is clear on her stance in the relationship, she wants to be with me not minding the words of her mum
well I won't try to talk you out of your plans or ur relationship. My main concern is that you should focus more on you. This isn't about her but it is about you. You can't control what will be her stance later on in future. You need to stop taking decision in line with her own dream and start taking decision that will better your own future. Let be honest ,very soon the wind of life will blow both of u to different location *nysc*. What have become of u will play a key role in whether u guys will be together or not. Don't let anyone deceive you. Everyone wanna be with a successful man. If someone like mikel obi ask ur gf hand in marriage, her mama go disown her if she refuse mikel lol.u wanna win her mom over? Go and be successful everything gonna be alright.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
kellycute:
well I won't try to talk you out of your plans or ur relationship. My main concern is that you should focus more on you. This isn't about her but it is about you. You can't control what will be her stance later on in future. You need to stop taking decision in line with her own dream and start taking decision that will better your own future. Let be honest ,very soon the wind of life will blow both of u to different location *nysc*. What have become of u will play a key role in whether u guys will be together or not. Don't let anyone deceive you. Everyone wanna be with a successful man. If someone like mikel obi ask ur gf hand in marriage, her mama go disown her if she refuse mikel lol.u wanna win her mom over? Go and be successful everything gonna be alright.

Lol, you very correct, we talked about nysc today, we also talked about handling the distance

Dunno if you've watched empire, you know that cookie and lucious kinda love, the ride or die love, the way cookie was helpful and supportive towards lucious' success, that's the way she has been

Thanks once again, I appreciate
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by rosieluv(f): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
DarkSkinBwoy:

She hasn't told them about us yet cause of what her mum has been hammering

It's not early oh, they say make hay while the sun shines, my mum already told me to be sure of what we both want
lols most mothers r like dat,first thing she has to tell er parents abt u now so u wil knw were u stand,instead of wasting ur time praying dat dey accept u wen dey wont. Now is d right time to tell her parents abt u n mk dem undastnd dat its her hapiness nt theirs. The outcome of their discussion shud determine wah u do next .
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by IamLEGEND1: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
misspicy:

Hahahahahahahaha gringringrin
sweery I miss you too,when are you coming home bunny kiss wink
bt as i don pay some part of ur dowry already,na you go marry me last last.
& I'll be home Very soon,dear....very soon.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by DarkSkinBwoy: 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
rosieluv:

lols most mothers r like dat,first thing she has to tell er parents abt u now so u wil knw were u stand,instead of wasting ur time praying dat dey accept u wen dey wont. Now is d right time to tell her parents abt u n mk dem undastnd dat its her hapiness nt theirs. The outcome of their discussion shud determine wah u do next .

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your time
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by ZeeAfrica(f): 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
Tribal difference means nothing if the couple in question realy wants to be together

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by misspicy(f): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
bt as i don pay some part of ur dowry already,na you go marry me last last.
& I'll be home Very soon,dear....very soon.
The elders have added a duplex for pman to the list tongue
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by multikolour(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
you are still a final year student and you are thinking of marriage. When you spend a year at home waiting for your NYSC program and an additional year serving, you will know what life entails.
Beside do you have a work waiting for you, forget this love of a thing and build your future.
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by rosieluv(f): 7:15am On Aug 16, 2016
DarkSkinBwoy:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your time
uwc
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by newsphase(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2016
DarkSkinBwoy:

Thanks a lot, your advice really helped, we are in unison, over unison dey worry us now sef cheesy

hahaha...

remember to Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by newsphase(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2016
rosieluv:

The way you talked is the way you look in the your profile pic... Simply childish views... When I was a child I behaved like a child, now that I am an adult I put away childish things..

When I was child and my parents refused me biscuit, I would cry and refuse to follow her until she gives me biscuit..

Now am an adult when I need something and it is not given to me do you expect me to cry... Of course no!

So instead of handing your parents ultimatums, that you could get pregnant or remain single for life, You reason with them, cast your heart, ideas, choices onto them and talk like a full grown adult and not a child..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by rosieluv(f): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
newsphase:

The way you talked is the way you look in the your profile pic... Simply childish views... When I was a child I behaved like a child, now that I am an adult I put away childish things..

When I was child and my parents refused me biscuit, I would cry and refuse to follow her until she gives me biscuit..

Now am an adult when I need something and it is not given to me do you expect me to cry... Of course no!

So instead of handing your parents ultimatums, that you could get pregnant or remain single for life, You reason with them, cast your heart, ideas, choices onto them and talk like a full grown adult and not a child..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
childish views? coming frm a grown up ass ryt? Parents shud nt interfere in deir children's lives. i bet u reasoned wiv dem n let dem decide evrytyn abt ur life. You r d child ere simply allowing ur parents dictate who u get married to. Tribalistic differences frm parents r necessary n uncalled for. i dnt care wah angle u comin frm buh my post wsnt meant for u.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by newsphase(m): 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
rosieluv:

childish views? coming frm a grown up ass ryt? Parents shud nt interfere in deir children's lives. i bet u reasoned wiv dem n let dem decide evrytyn abt ur life. You r d child ere simply allowing ur parents dictate who u get married to. Tribalistic differences frm parents r necessary n uncalled for. i dnt care wah angle u comin frm buh my post wsnt meant for u.

I was the one who liked your comment.. because I can't argue with you in text... Lets do it face to face... women are more calmer at that point
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by rosieluv(f): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2016
newsphase:

I was the one who liked your comment.. because I can't argue with you in text... Lets do it face to face... women are more calmer at that point
lol am nt calm wen angry so it dznt apply to all
Re: Why Are Some Parents So Irritating And Childish? by newsphase(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2016
rosieluv:

lol am nt calm wen angry so it dznt apply to all

One day you will come to understand why I say all you said was childish,, I have been with a lot of women (stop think womanizer right now).... So I know a little about them, the best way for a lady to convey her message to her parents is through mature dialogue and not ultimatums

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Nigerian Girl Really Worth Your Time, Except She’s Fulani/hausa–twitter User / Twitter User Shares Story Of How He Accepted Money From His Girlfriend's Lover / Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.