Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" (63520 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Graciousnaija: 9:39am On Aug 16, 2016
You are responsible for your life. Sebi Judas stood out; Jezebel is also a non-conformist; Dinah was different; Lot's wife could not also fit in and such like. Just ensure that whatever you 'fit in' into does not create your space for you after now in hell. You can never deny having not heard the truth about eternity.
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by greatex(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2016
Girl live ur life jare........haterz must hate
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Felixtuta(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2016
Don't get it twisted Nigerians, this girl that was fit to write this article irrespective of her statute and background must be a STAR.

The knowledge of one self to me is a sign of gratenes.

She has discovered herself, proud to tell it to the world, not hiding under the big name of her family.

I don't see anything wrong in one been proud of his or her self.

1 Like

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Dentmoyin(m): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2016
my problem is with buhari!
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by rollywise(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2016
This girl is a brain. See d way she classified herself with such modesty and selected words, well controlled not express anger our even anger anyone. Money spent on this one is definitely not a waste. God bless you babe

2 Likes

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by hadura29(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2016
femi4:
They failed in their parenting duty

Bros no disrespect, but I disagree oooooo.. she has her brain to think too na
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by seangy4konji: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2016
What is this idiot saying
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by sexychocho(f): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2016
Lobatan oooo shocked
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by jianoudo: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2016
Hmmm

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by iamord(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2016
femi4:
you don't even know what fail is... Is it parenting duty that you will know? What does her talk have to do with this. Or she cannot express her freewill cos her father is a cleric?
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by seankay(m): 10:07am On Aug 16, 2016
Whenever I read about these rich Pastors, what's pop into my head is "Crédit card and scammers" grin
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by wadetaw202: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2016
hadduni:
please do yourselves the
favour of reading through the post properly and with good intent before commenting.all the comments above points to the fact that nlanders makes comment without reading.

What I could understand is that she said she would never be want her mother taught her to be.....she is saying she was ready to disobey her mother. Is there anything else?
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Horsesmouth: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2016
razortruth:
King David in the Bible had your type. In every household, there are vessels of honor and dishonor. Anyone can choose which of the vessels to represent. Good luck

It is rather worrisome that I feel that you believe that you are making any sense.

Your remarks are stereotypical and emblematic of the mental programming that enriches charlatans.

Leave her be. Whether she is a vessel of honour or dishonour, the operating word is vessel. That vessel you cannot create, that vessel whose ultimate purpose you cannot discern.

I hereby call on the holy spirit that you should.....lol

1 Like

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Emmawa(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2016
afronews1211:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-S5toiR68T0Y/V7HT1oMJkSI/AAAAAAAKMZE/0PQ0y5rZ4zsECX5sNcfq0HyQsYz6WQcjwCLcB/s400/unnamed.jpg[/img]
On Sunday August 12th, Joys, the last daughter of the founder of Winners Chapel Overseer, Bishop David Oyedepo, shared this photo along with a post where she described herself as "crazy".

"Those who know me know that I'm crazy. I don't blend in. I'm the one who's yingin' when everyone else is yangin'. I've been called an outcast by many outsiders. But the more I tried to fit in, the more I stood out. My differences wouldn't let me stay the same. Everyday, I've come to let the differences that make me, shine through.

Tired of the need to stay the same, I've come to accept the real me. I'm not the same. And as long as I stay rare, there'd always be a need for all of me. For there would always be room for rarity. I have decided not to let the miracle of my birth be the sole miracle of my existence. The proof, is in my crazy"

However, it seems the post didn't go down well with some people as she has been receiving messages from critics. Moments ago, she took to her Facebook page to clarify what she meant by "crazy" Read her post below:

[b]"I 've recieved way too many personal messages about this post below and so for the honest few, I have chosen to make a few things clear.
It seems that many of us have misunderstood things too easily. You all have seen my posts for a while now, some of you have seen them for years on end, and you know that I absolutely adore my family.
That cannot, has not, and will not ever change. Anyone who tries to insinuate any different is purely looking for loopholes that just don't exist.
To that group, you may need to find more profitable work because that, already is a failed venture. Then, there is this other group that expects me to be EXACTLY like my mother or sister, who are role models to many including myself. especially myself.
Thing is, you also may need to edit your expectation because that too, will not be happening.
I'm me and will never be anyone else. can never be anyone else. and will not even try to.
I love that my sister and I are not walking replicas of my mother. she teaches us not to be. she teaches that we are who God has called us to be, and that, with all sincerity. our differences make us unique, and that makes us an epic loving family. that, we are grateful to God for.
Ps, "crazy" purely means/meant different. This, you would understand if you read through the post honestly, completely and some of us, without negative intent.
So, to those who honestly were confused on the original post, I hope you have recieved the needed clarity. But to those still looking for loopholes, sorry. failed venture.
Be you. Be who God created you to be. Yes, have role models (& you always can start with my mother and sister--right here on facebook even if you have nowhere else to turn). But don't ever try to dim your uniqueness to fit in with the "world's" definition of perfect.
God bless y'all[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=935417713254331&substory_index=0&id=701754366620668&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.935417713254331%3Atl_objid.935417713254331%3Athid.701754366620668%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1472713199%3A-4629797490606452991&__tn__=%2As
One of the best thing in life is to be realistic to yourself and others. One is free to proclaim what he/she is, or capable of. So, we are called to understood well and make correction, we shouldn't ascribed so wrongly. I suggest. Diz 1 nw...na my own o (Her beauty make brain o....but i sabi say makeup folo do somtin.) No Be Lie...
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by SmathGate(m): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2016
aniteze:
End time daughter. A parable "Marrying a comedian doesn't guaranty a happy family."
how is She end time now? did you read the post at all? just jumping to conclusion on someone you have not even met and probably never heard of her before. just because she claims she doesn't fit in means she is end time? you need deliverance. mtchew!!
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Bosch10(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2016
aniteze:
End time daughter. A parable "Marrying a comedian doesn't guaranty a happy family."
na MFM u be abi
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by kenoz(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2016
grin

Another yabaleft on the loose
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Secrets11(m): 10:20am On Aug 16, 2016
hadduni:
please do yourselves the
favour of reading through the post properly and with good intent before commenting.all the comments above points to the fact that nlanders makes comment without reading.
because they ALWAYS scramble like rats for FTC... grin
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2016
Nice One
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by haibe(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2016
LockDown69:
She has her own life to live, just because her dad is the overseer of a church doesn't mean she will walk in their footsteps, she's just being herself.
but she dey chop inside her papa loots from church members undecided
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Paseus(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2016
Who dis post don EPP?
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by hadduni(f): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2016
there is this other
group that expects me to be EXACTLY like
my mother or sister, who are role models to
many including myself. especially myself.
Thing is, you also may need to edit your
expectation because that too, will not be
happening.
I'm me and will never be anyone else. can
never be anyone else. and will not even try
to.
I love that my sister and I are not walking
replicas of my mother. she teaches us not
to be. she teaches that we are who God has
called us to be, and that, with all sincerity.
our differences make us unique, and that
makes us an epic loving family. that, we are
grateful to God for.
Ps, "crazy" purely means/meant different
wadetaw202:

What I could understand is that she said she would never be want her mother taught her to be.....she is saying she was ready to disobey her mother. Is there anything else?
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by hadduni(f): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2016
Secrets11:
because they ALWAYS scramble like rats for FTC... grin
lol I was a lil bit surprised when I saw the comments o
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by wadetaw202: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2016
hadduni:
there is this other
happening.
to.
grateful to God for.
Ps, "crazy" purely means/meant differentthere is this other
happening.
to.
grateful to God for.
Ps, "crazy" purely means/meant different

Anty Àdùní of Living Faith Chapel, e pèlé! E kú u defence. The person you are defending doesn't even know you exist.
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Aroka72(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2016
Joy, u re bold...n welcome to d world of petty n dirty minded online people! Keep being urself, keep loving who u re, n keep ur very high regard for family... Joy, do not clash or crash with those with trash. May God give u d wisdom to turn their trash to cash, amen.
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Incrizz(f): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2016
femi4:
please what part of her post makes your judgement true?
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by hadduni(f): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2016
wadetaw202:

Anty Àdùní of Living Faith Chapel, e pèlé! E kú u defence. The person you are defending doesn't even know you exist.
1i ain't a living faith member.
2who I choose to defend remains my business and not yours.
3wadetaw202 stay out of my business if you have nothing else to say.
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by tayoalone(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2016
AnodaIT:
DO you know that she heads a foundation called “Women of the God Kind”.

She is one of few that have successfully blend godliness and fashion together.

According to her, what she meant by crazy means DIFFERENT!

Click to see more stunning pix of Joys in all fashions
I believe she could have used a less "controversial" word to describe her being different.
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by meltiplexer: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2016
Who are her being crazy help? Her father have and keep making money every sunday so she need to be crazy. Make cool cash from football now, winning receipt from naijabet.com

Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2016
However you live your live is your business actually, but when your family deceive people in the name of the lord, collect from the gullible to get rich, in an organized society that's called organized financial crime.
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by babat89: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2016
Every successful person has some 'crazy' in him
Rebels blaze the trail, change the world while normal people only try to fit it.
#ChallengeTheStatusQuo #ThinkForYourself
Re: Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" by flamingREED(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2016
hadduni:
please do yourselves the

grin
There's nothing to read biko..
I will be seduced before reading lines one to three
grin
I've read of the prodigal son in the Bible,
And this is his sister.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Is Pastor Adeboye Tweeting With VPN? - Daddy G.O Dragged On Twitter / Bishop David Oyedepo, Wife And Children In Lovely Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.