Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 (8449 Views)

Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election / Cbn Threatens To Sack More Bank Mds / Unity Bank CEO Says The South Controls Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Pharoh: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2009
CBN to create risk management department
There is palpable unease in the nation’s economy as stakeholders await the outcome of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (NDIC) audit reports on the last batch of the 14 banks yet to know their fate.

BusinessDay gathered last night that the development has brought about value-erosion in the banks being audited and is consequently causing disquiet in the entire economy.
Indeed, a more disturbing aspect of the situation, fresh investigations reveal, is that at least, five chief executives of the banks may be removed as was the case of Intercontinental Bank, Union Bank, Afribank, Oceanic and Union Bank, any moment from now; being the outcome of the special audit conducted by CBN and NDIC.
For instance, it was further learnt yesterday that the painstaking decision, which will serve as a soft-landing measure for the chief executives who have been having running battles with the security agencies in the last few days, may take place immediately after the release of the audit report slated for first week of October. Some of them had their passports seized and later released, raising further doubts about the financial health of the institutions they run.
However, not oblivious of the negative consequences of the last action when five chief executives were sacked in one fell swoop, the current action will be through the various boards of the banks, so as to provide soft landing for the embattled chief executives.
“This may be the logical conclusion. But this time, it is expected that the various boards of the banks will be used to execute their removal. I am not sure of the exact date, but it’s likely that after the meeting of the CBN board to deliberate on the report and other topical issues, the results might be announced next week Friday and thereafter, the banks may be advised to execute the removal plan, possibly the same day,” a source confided in Business Day yesterday
Again, it was gathered that the resort to the bank boards for the execution of the programme may have generated heated debate between the CBN and NDIC, even though reason was allowed to prevail at the end of the day.
It was also revealed last night that the committee of governors of the CBN would meet next week, while the meeting of the board is expected to come up first week of October. Then, a proposal to restructure the apex bank, the financial stability and the audited report, will form the plank of decisions to be reached at the meeting. Even at that, a new department, Risk Management is expected to be created.
While four of the banks had serious infractions noticed in their books, one was particularly carpeted over issues bordering on corporate governance.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5293:four-more-bank-chiefs-to-go-next-week&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by muhsin(m): 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2009
Again.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by citizenY(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2009

We expect Lamido to keep a tab on this department. Therse should be no
excuses as risk management was one of the departments he handled in
his banking career.

We have not heard any mention about the CBN /inspectorsauditors. We want to
know the fat cats that audited the accounts of the banks those 5 banks that have been
investigated so far. Have they no names.

There should be no magomago. They inspected/audited the accounts of the banks and gave
them a pass. If you sanction, Oceanic or any of the 5 banks, the CBN inspector/auditor
must be sanctioned. Name them and shame them and get them out of the system.

WE want to know those who cleared those bogus /balloon accounts that enticed Nigerians
to invested their future and got ashes in return.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Builder: 1:30am On Sep 27, 2009
CEOs going next week, where are they going, they just gonna recycle themself and make themself availble for senate and govenorship. looting continues. Aluta Continua, Victoria Aserta for the looters
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by SEFAGO(m): 1:44am On Sep 27, 2009
they just gonna recycle themself and make themself availble for senate and govenorship

That is funny but true
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by puskin: 1:55am On Sep 27, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]

Same old shit. . . .  undecided undecided
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Aare1(m): 2:06am On Sep 27, 2009
Nigeria !!! angry angry angry embarassed
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Eaglebabe: 2:48am On Sep 27, 2009
Name them if u are saying the truth.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by REALTRUTH1: 3:10am On Sep 27, 2009
Eaglebabe:

Name them if u are saying the truth.
Bank PHB,,,,Francis Atuche,,,,,PHB would eventually be an islamic Bank!!!
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by baekdoosan(m): 4:04am On Sep 27, 2009
Im trying to guess who the CEO's might be.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by kosovo(m): 5:01am On Sep 27, 2009
@builders
CEOs going next week, where are they going, they just gonna recycle themself and make themself availble for senate and govenorship. looting continues. Aluta Continua, Victoria Aserta for the looters
LOL
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 27, 2009
Topic.

Inter-esting!!!
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Tanzos: 7:05am On Sep 27, 2009
Builder:

you probably mean "a-loota Continua, " tongue
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Alveez(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2009
Im trying to guess who the CEO's might be.
[quote][/quote]

don't squize your brain next week is here !

but sha, cant we get anything right in this our naija? oga gaan o! maybe ya'ardua should kuku deregulate curruption, abi kile feel? since it is becoming a norm in this our part of the world. na evryday  our make dey go up GLOBALLY- curruption-wise.
and do you blame those bankers?, na eegun dem de carry wen dem de school, so what do u damn expect after graduation?, eegungun continuaaaaaaa

i never give up though,but let me sign out jare.
, yeye bankers
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Remii(m): 7:42am On Sep 27, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

What are you insinuating, PHB has Islamic window it inherited from Habib Bank since inception, can't we get above religious bigotry and objective for once?
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by xqwysyte(f): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2009
All Horseshiiiit.

All dis is politiks. The lamido guy is a pawn used by the so called "mafia of Nigeria" = PDP.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Rooneyboy(m): 9:42am On Sep 27, 2009
Ok na, we waiting 2 c who they are.Another good topic 4 D press in D month of October.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by dewoy: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2009
wat abt those corrupt politicians , ehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by 3kay945(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2009
is dis a good+news?
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by skyranger: 10:03am On Sep 27, 2009
Sanusi so far is doing a good job in bringing sanity to our finance sector.
BUT i seriously have problems with certain fundamentals,
Sanusi's appointment was orchestrated by certain elements with cynical motives,
Mutallab, Alhaji Umaru, chairman Firstbank is the lead conductor of this grand scheme, the Sultan gave his consent and the Arewa seconded the foray.
our finance sector is more than rotten and it sure stinks but we should not be short-changed at the end. so that we don't replace Demons with the Devil himself.
I applaud Sanusi's zeal and determination but i logically and critically question his intent,
we all know the north is disgruntled with how polarized they turned out after the banking recapitalization and of course their uproar that greeted the removal of Arabic letters from our currency.
what is the state of affairs in Unity bank?
Fellow NLders, the Vanguard of march 23rd is no fluke at all, and i don't believe in coincidence, for every move is premeditated, like a clever thievery chess player, he'll exchange his queen just to decapitate your king,  the information was correctly leaked out to that news papaer.
I'm not holding brief for the sacked or pending sacked MDs, they all need to be legally thrown into the dongeon for treating public companies like bakeries set up to feed their families BUT we should be vigilant of what is trust upon us in exchange.
Let us open our minds and our eyes so we could tell when that thin line of deceit has been breached.
just my opinion, if you don't buy it, don't sell it, and please do not attack my person, criticize my arguments, reasonably.
thank you.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by dexterg(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2009
There truly is a problem! embarassed
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by malele(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2009
@poster CBN meeting with NSE he said that the remaining banks are better
than the previous ones,so i dont know were u got this news from
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by baslone: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

What's the root of the existence of the bank. So It ain't no big deal.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by otokx(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2009
Government magic
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Bialegend(m): 11:02am On Sep 27, 2009
baslone:

What's the root of the existence of the bank. So It ain't no big deal.
Just like Igbo abandoned properties aint no big deal to you muslim nigerians. This one aint abandoned property yet. We are definitely going to defeat your almajiri arsseeesss this time.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by baslone: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2009
Firstly what gave you the impression I'm a muslim. Secondly, I'll like
to get your statement straight because from what you have written
above it's obvious to know the kinda person you are.

Bialegend:

Just like Igbo
-TRIBE

Bialegend:

Just like Igbo abandoned properties aint no big deal to you[i] muslim[/i]
- RELIGION

Bialegend:

Just like Igbo abandoned properties aint no big deal to you muslim nigerians.
- NATIONALITY

Please from what angle do you want me to approach your baseless
point? As a Nigerian and a Yoruba man, you'll get the reply you want.

I guess the muslims will come stand out for themselves.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by kshow1(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2009
Oh there we go again
SANITISATION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Bialegend(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2009
@baslone. When you insinuated that to turn PHB into an islamic Bank aint no big deal, what does that mean in your warped almajiri brain? Yes, i am Igbo and a Christian. Which ethnic group do you belong to? ok, Yoruba, and what's your religion? For the umpteenth time, bank PHB is not an abandoned property, so your people don't stand any chance this time.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by baslone: 11:47am On Sep 27, 2009
This is not about religion or tribe but my point is that Habib bank never
fell out when it was being run like an Islamic bank. Now what is it with my Yoruba
people wanting a chance this time?

My guy go back to sleep. I know better than to argue with tribalist and fanatics like you.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by santakris(m): 11:53am On Sep 27, 2009
I like this sanitation stuff.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2009
@skyranger i totally get your point.Nothing is by mere coincidence.I think it's a concept of misdirection obviously those M.Ds were perfect pawns.Taking our mind away from the original plan.Not saying those md were innocent.
Re: More Bank Ceo's To Go - Update 1 by Bialegend(m): 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2009
baslone:

This is not about religion or tribe but my point is that Habib bank never
fell out when it was being run like an Islamic bank. Now what is it with my Yoruba
people wanting a chance this time?

My guy go back to sleep. I know better than to argue with tribalist and fanatics like you.
I asked what is your religion. Answer it or shut up and be ashmed of your religion forever. Ohh yes of course religion is not your point, but you are favoring islamising other people's banks. Does bank PHB belong to a muslim person? Why don't you create your own almighty islamic bank from scratch and bank in it as much as you want by yourselves?
Sorry, no Igbo bank will be islamized. We shall resist that because islam never mean good in Igboland. I repeat again, bank PHB is not an abadoned property, so your people and those that you lick their arrss don't stand any chance this time unlike after the war, ala Portharcourt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video: "i Did Not Betray Nigerians" Peter Esele Tuc President / Jonathan Travels To Jaimaica & Trinidad-And-Tobago / Buhari's School Certificate: How Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.