Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

From Christian To Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Christian To Atheist (9614 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Christian To Atheist by Truthman83(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Gone are the days for being made to feel guilty for being responsible for the sins that nailed Jesus on the cross. Gone are the weeks I would be told to confess my sins in prayer and ask God for forgiveness for sins I couldn't imagine I committed. Gone are those deliverance services in MFM. I no longer feel guilty of sin I supposedly committed against a god that hasn't been verified.

I tried to read the bible every day, but to be honest it was pretty boring. I went to church regularly which helped to assuage my doubts, but I often felt frustrated with a lack of guidance from God. I noticed even when I ask for God's guidance,wait on him,fast for days,but I end up making my decisions myself. I noticed the total silence from God even when I needed an answer from him. It was complete silence. But when I get a decision right I get asked to testify that God did it. No I couldn't do that because that was my decision.

Giving up my childhood belief system was hard, but it's one of the most important things I've done for myself. My family have disowned me and still I feel a bit of anxiety but not lonely as I used to be. I make better decisions now,I trust my instinct,read books and learn from life experiences.

I must also thank the nairaland religious section for helping me turn proper atheist. I watch most religions debates on here and see how Christians make absolute zero sense when debating atheists. I understand why Christians debate blindly, because their religion is such a core belief that they cannot imagine their life without it. But yes you can!

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Topestbilly(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
undecided

Since your mind is made up, what can I say.

"I no longer feel guilty of sin I supposedly committed against a god that hasn't been verified."

But I will advise u not to engage in sinful acts cos u believe no one is taking records of the sins u commit, if not for religion sake at least for humanity sake.

The Muslim and Christian leaders have done more harm than good in helping the gullible ones going astray, I thank God for giving me reading and understanding abilities.

I strongly believe in God existence.

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by youngest85(m): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
Truthman83:
Gone are the days for being made to feel guilty for being responsible for the sins that nailed Jesus on the cross. Gone are the weeks I would be told to confess my sins in prayer and ask God for forgiveness for sins I couldn't imagine I committed. Gone are those deliverance services in MFM. I no longer feel guilty of sin I supposedly committed against a god that hasn't been verified.

I tried to read the bible every day, but to be honest it was pretty boring. I went to church regularly which helped to assuage my doubts, but I often felt frustrated with a lack of guidance from God. I noticed even when I ask for God's guidance,wait on him,fast for days,but I end up making my decisions myself. I noticed the total silence from God even when I needed an answer from him. It was complete silence. But when I get a decision right I get asked to testify that God did it. No I couldn't do that because that was my decision.

Giving up my childhood belief system was hard, but it's one of the most important things I've done for myself. My family have disowned me and still I feel a bit of anxiety but not lonely as I used to be. I make better decisions now,I trust my instinct,read books and learn from life experiences.

I must also thank the nairaland religious section for helping me turn proper atheist. I watch most religions debates on here and see how Christians make absolute zero sense when debating atheists. I understand why Christians debate blindly, because their religion is such a core belief that they cannot imagine their life without it. But yes you can!

Get a copy of grail message and ur liberation will complete

1 Like

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Truthman83(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Topestbilly:
undecided

Since your mind is made up, what can I say.

"I no longer feel guilty of sin I supposedly committed against a god that hasn't been verified."

But I will advise u not to engage in sinful acts cos u believe no one is taking records of the sins u commit, if not for religion sake at least for humanity sake.

The Muslim and Christian leaders have done more harm than good in helping the gullible ones going astray, I thank God for giving me reading and understanding abilities.

I strongly believe in God existence.

Like Seun said,God has not been verified. If your bank account hasn't been verified will you transfer money into it?

9 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Uyi168: 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
OP,i'll advise u dump religion altogether..
do not 4get,there are no enough reasons to prove d existence/no existence of God..
Re: From Christian To Atheist by simplex2: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
Welcome OP.

Topestbilly:
undecided

I don't understand why you christians have this feeling that atheists/agnostics are born out of the desire to sin? There is this thing called morality, love, meekness, sympathy etc and all those traits are not peculiar to christianity alone.

Bill Gates foundation has touched more lives than any christian missionary both past and present.

10 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by ifenes(m): 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Good decision OP. You are very bold,not like some Christians on this section who fill the thread with silly meme. Do you thing,learn more and become better.

7 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
Truthman83:

Like Seun said,God has not been verified. If your bank account hasn't been verified will you transfer money into it?
You either know someone or dont know someone. You cant go from knowing someone to not knowing someone. I admit, Most people who were born into christianity are just followers and do not really have much knowledge of scriptures or even Christ. It does not disqualify the truth contained in scriptures.

I'm also happy that you've exposed the fact that your lack of belief does not rest on rational thoughts, rather they rest on unanswered questions (emotions).
I have a several unanswered questions about life, and I wont for such reason say Life itself does not exist. It would be irrational to say the least.

Your parents were wrong to have disowned you. It does not tally with the teachings of Christ. Why do I feel they disowned you for other reasons. You sound very feeble minded, easily swayed, and this may be the reason for your predicaments.

Christians who debate atheists here make good sense if you're prepared to examine both claims with an open mind, you cant approach to judge claims with your preconceived notions of christianity and then make false inferences. God is real whether or not man chooses to acknowledge this fact.

If God was not real, then nothing matters. your testimony does not matter. Its funny how meaningful creatures are trying to pollute the world by disproving the existence of meaning.
Open your mind and seek your Creator. He'll reveal Himself to you. Bless you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
simplex2:

Bill Gates foundation has touched more lives than any christian missionary both past and present.
1. Bill gates is no atheist and definately uses his time for more reasonable things than propagating atheism.

2. You definately are one of the New atheists who are willfully ignorant of the effects of relief and ever growing christian foundations even in third world countries.

Could you provide me with the names of atheist orphanages, or show me how they give hope to the hopeless in death beds and prison cells etc.

Dont come at me with the usual "atheism is not a thing, its just a lack of belief". I can mention 20 atheist organizations whose sole aim is to combat christianity and christian beliefs. When you people begin to touch the lives of people and not just focus your lives on religion, then the world may consider taking you serious.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
Truthman83:

Verified by whom? His creatures? undecided
God is the only one who can reveal Himself to you. Friend, Just humble your heart and remember that pride goes before a fall.

Below is a quote from one of the honest atheists who ever lived, Friedrich Nietzche. Most atheists do not like his quotes because he was being truthful. Look what he said:

If one were to prove this God of the Christians to us, we should be even less able to believe in him.

God is the only one who can reveal himself to his creatures. Open your mind and humble yourself and seek God, and He will manifest Himself in your life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Touchnot01: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Truthman83:

I must also thank the nairaland religious section for helping me turn proper atheist!
The Irony. A religion section helped convert this dude.

This section was created to evangelize to atheists, its obvious. Innocent religious people come in here to share their beliefs in God with other religious individuals and are faced with angry atheists. They wont have much converts if the title of the section is changed to atheist section, for christians wont go there. Its the best strategy to evangelize atheism to religious individuals through a section camouflaged as religion section. It is a deceptive strategy too.
Deception is allowed since there's no one to answer to, anything goes.

Se.un doing a good job though. I dread Mark Zuckerberg being like this guy, it would have been disastrous.

4 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
Welcome bro.

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by plaetton: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
youngest85:

A copy of the Grail Message would no doubts broaden his mind a bit more, but eventually the Grail Message is just another contradictory pseudo- religion that puts false twists to essential truths.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Truthman83(m): 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
youngest85:

Thanks bro,but I'm done with ancient scrolls. I trust latest research and update on things now. I have wasted a lot of years with primitive book already. I am mentoring myself to be better and better.

8 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Truthman83:

Thanks bro,but I'm done with ancient scrolls. I trust latest research and update on things now. I have wasted a lot of years with primitive book already. I am mentoring myself to be better and better.
Chineke!!!! Are you the same Truthman that argues with Muslims alongside Annunaki and Parisbookaddi.ct?

5 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Emusan(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Truthman83:

Last time I checked, it's the bank official who verified your bank account.

Who are the people who need to verify God, Atheist or the Spiritualist?

And what can someone use to verify God?

2 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Chineke!!!! Are you the same Truthman that argues with Muslims alongside Annunaki and Parisbookaddi.ct?

He is not! Just someone impersonating his moniker

2 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
No, this one is truthman83. That one is Truthman12.
This one here is a boy. That one is a grown man.
Two persons have impersonated his Moniker. A Muslim and now an atheists.

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Touchnot01:
The Irony. A religion section helped convert this dude.

This section was created to evangelize to atheists, its obvious. Innocent religious people come in here to share their beliefs in God with other religious individuals and are faced with angry atheists. They wont have much converts if the title of the section is changed to atheist section, for christians wont go there. Its the best strategy to evangelize atheism to religious individuals through a section camouflaged as religion section. It is a deceptive strategy too.
Deception is allowed since there's no one to answer to, anything goes.

Se.un doing a good job though. I dread Mark Zuckerberg being like this guy, it would have been disastrous.
Very true. He knows that if he named it Atheists section, he will never see us here, so he named it religion section. With the motive to destroy the faith of week and feeble Christians. But here is what they Bible says about people like Seun

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, and cause them to fall, it were better for him that a MILLSTONE were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matthew:18:6

There's accountability time.

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
analice107:

Very true. He knows that if he named it Atheists section, he will never see us here, so he named it religion section. With the motive to destroy the faith of week and feeble Christians. But here is what they Bible says about people like Seun

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, and cause them to fall, it were better for him that a MILLSTONE were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matthew:18:6

There's accountability time.

Accuses people of quoting Bible out of context

Quotes bible out of context

5 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
analice107:

No, this one is truthman83. That one is Truthman12.
This one here is a boy. That one is a grown man.
Two persons have impersonated his Moniker. A Muslim and now an atheists.

Seriously? What makes him a "boy"?

You guys are the same people that should be attempting to convert him back but all you can do is border on derogatory insults?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Seriously? What makes him a "boy"?

You guys are the same people that should be attempting to convert him back but all you can do is border on derogatory insults?
What have I now said that constitute an insult? He is not the other Truthman. The way he sounds, he is boy compared to the other Truthman. I have encountered him before.

I been in a particular thread with him before and asked him the same question, he said he is not that Truthman.
You are HopefulLandlord now, if another person picks your moniker but just adds, say a digit to it, what is it called if not impersonation?

That guy has another Moniker but decided to pick up Truthman again when he knows there's a prominent Truthman in this section. That's a commendable thing to do ba?

What am I even saying. You are an Atheist. You can kill someone, after all, it's only when u see it as wrong, then it's wrong.
In this section who doesn't know Truthman12?

You are quick to come for my throat becos he is an atheist, if he were a Christian, u won't say a thing.

HopefulLandlord, am beginning to take note of you in a particular way. This guy here did something wrong by impersonating another person, (which is misleading already) but rather than speak up and condemn him, you have quickly moved to attack me.

BTW, didn't you say you were out of this Atheist section (because it's not religion section)? What are u doing here?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Christian To Atheist by otemanuduno: 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
ATHEISM IS THE THE DISBELIEF IN THE god OF ANY RELIGION WHO PROMISES HEAVEN AND EARTH BUT CANNOT FULFILL THE SLIGHTEST OF IT FROM BIRTH DAY TO DEATH DAY.

There is God but he is not the god of any religion. He does not demand worship. He does not interfere in the affairs of humanity, because everything is delegated to nature.

4 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by analice107: 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Explain how I quoted the Bible out of context. I think I have to take u up on this. Go on?
Re: From Christian To Atheist by winner01(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You don come out of retirement?
Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:

Yeah he has come out of retirement but will say promise10 begged him to. Same way otemanuduno has come out of limbo after days of going quiet based on the onslaught of yours truly.

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by hahn(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:

grin
Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
analice107:

Explain how I quoted the Bible out of context. I think I have to take u up on this. Go on?

The context there talks of small kids who have learnt next to nothing about life

OR

Maybe you should sort this out with Winner 01 who quoted the same verse as his reason for not engaging in Paedophilia

Below

winner01:
Jesus expressed great love, care and concern towards children. He also stressed the truth of His father's concern for children in the opening parts of Matthew chapter 18.

In the same chapter, Jesus seriously warns; “But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me or cause them to sin, it would have been better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the deepest part of the sea” (Matthew 18:6).

Offending a child or causing a little child to sin may mean many things.
We have heard of several murder cases in child marriage, where the child bride murders the husband. It may be because the child was obviously offended.

This is the answer to the Op, but sadly they are more interested in mocking rather than trying to understand the Word of God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christian To Atheist by otemanuduno: 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
4everGod:

Yeah he has come out of retirement but will say promise10 begged him to. Same way otemanuduno has come out of limbo after days of going quiet based on the onslaught of yours truly.

Retire what? I post steadily on the DOCTUFOS thread na. And once a while on other meaningful threads as usual.

Check the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH HERE: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/25#48541806
GOD IS GOOD
Re: From Christian To Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
analice107:

What have I now said that constitute an insult? He is not the other Truthman. The way he sounds, he is boy compared to the other Truthman. I have encountered him before.

I been in a particular thread with him before and asked him the same question, he said he is not that Truthman.
You are HopefulLandlord now, if another person picks your moniker but just adds, say a digit to it, what is it called if not impersonation?

That guy has another Moniker but decided to pick up Truthman again when he knows there's a prominent Truthman in this section. That's a commendable thing to do ba?

What am I even saying. You are an Atheist. You can kill someone, after all, it's only when u see it as wrong, then it's wrong.
In this section who doesn't know Truthman12?

You are quick to come for my throat becos he is an atheist, if he were a Christian, u won't say a thing.

HopefulLandlord, am beginning to take note of you in a particular way. This guy here did something wrong by impersonating another person, (which is misleading already) but rather than speak up and condemn him, you have quickly moved to attack me.

BTW, didn't you say you were out of this Atheist section (because it's not religion section)? What are u doing here?

English

English

English

"Border on insult"

Truthman is a name that's easy to make

I for instance tried a lot of usernames before deciding on this one when I wanted to create my account including "truthman" itself, after being frustrated with different rejections, I decided to try this one knowing its gonna be hard for it to be taken

When we setup our mail(s) sometime, we realise the mail address we wanted had been taken, we then add something to the end e.g

Hopefullandlord might be taken, then we put Hopefullandlord22222 and if it works, we use it,

that might be the reason for his using that monicker not a case of him attempting to impersonate

Calling someone "boy" and calling another "man" borders (keyword "border"wink on insult

But hey, whatever

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by kevoh(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
Sigh! The drivel that some Nairalanders type at times! undecided

@Truthman83
Welcome!

3 Likes

Re: From Christian To Atheist by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
.... As you wish brother

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please How Do I Resist The Devil? / The Untold Story About CHERUBIM And SERAPHIM CHURCH By Bolaji Jethro Ajibola / MFM (mountain Of Fire & Miracle Ministries) New Regulations!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.