Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. (2488 Views)

IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Why I Stopped Ramadan Feeding – El-rufai / Kano Releases N120million ($800k) For Ramadan Feeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by udezue(m): 4:22am On Sep 28, 2009
LMAO @ BEAF

Whats gay about that Sjeezy da DL brotha?
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by sjeezy8: 4:28am On Sep 28, 2009
Im just wondering why guys like you are obsessed with me.

maybe you guys are gay
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by udezue(m): 4:34am On Sep 28, 2009
Quit including me n ur sexual fantasies bro. Don't cross that line with me. U just made urself available for ridicule. Deal with it. cool
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by sjeezy8: 4:36am On Sep 28, 2009
ok youre gay
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by udezue(m): 4:38am On Sep 28, 2009
I guess you'll know coz u were suckin my nuts last week bitch.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by sjeezy8: 4:42am On Sep 28, 2009
udezue:

I guess you'll know coz u were suckin my nuts last week bitch.

ok you're still gay . . . . . .
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by udezue(m): 4:48am On Sep 28, 2009
Okay u r still sucking my nuts.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Beaf: 6:00am On Sep 28, 2009
Rewiiinddd!

Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by udezue(m): 7:29am On Sep 28, 2009
lol Sgeezy is a gay fish. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by samorijack(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2009
This is no way to spend governmnet resources. Religion is a personal thing and should not be subsidized by the state angry
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by texazzpete(m): 8:39am On Sep 28, 2009
So let me get this clear

1 billion Naira spent on feeding people during Ramadan is condemnable because it could have 'been used to build hospitals, schools etc'.

So where are the 'hospitals, schools, etc' built with the tens of billions of Naira given to the Niger Delta states as monthly allocation?

If you had an issue with the Ramadan, why did you lot accept the two days public holidays? Afterall, the man-hours lost during the holidays could have yielded money which could have been used to build hospitals, schools etc' in the Niger Delta.

The same people advocating that Nigeria should institute a welfare scheme are the ones angrily protesting this issue. Before you start alleging stolen money, has any one of you done a cost estimate of how much it really would have cost to feed these people?

Not one of you took any umbrage at the scandalous amount of money being paid to the thousands of millitants under the amnesty package - including the rumoured $3,000,000 paid to Boyloaf alone.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nigerd(m): 9:10am On Sep 28, 2009
bEAF PLS STOP THIS MAN 2 MAN ATTACK
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Witi(m): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2009
One Billion Naira Oil money from Niger Delta hope the repentant Militants will not reverse there decision when they hear this oo.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 28, 2009
Shamless northern Leaders, after ramadan, then what. Give them Jobs, stop siphoning thier money so that they can feed themselves during ramadan. They want to keep in perputual state of poverty
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Witi(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2009
aisha2:

Shamless northern Leaders, after ramadan, then what. Give them Jobs, stop siphoning thier money so that they can feed themselves during ramadan. They want to keep in perputual state of poverty
The facts is that those almanjarees are not complaining do they really want to go to the school? do they want to work?
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by bibiking1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2009
texazzpete:

So let me get this clear

1 billion Naira spent on feeding people during Ramadan is condemnable because it could have 'been used to build hospitals, schools etc'.

So where are the 'hospitals, schools, etc' built with the tens of billions of Naira given to the Niger Delta states as monthly allocation?

If you had an issue with the Ramadan, why did you lot accept the two days public holidays? Afterall, the man-hours lost during the holidays could have yielded money which could have been used to build hospitals, schools etc' in the Niger Delta.

The same people advocating that Nigeria should institute a welfare scheme are the ones angrily protesting this issue. Before you start alleging stolen money, has any one of you done a cost estimate of how much it really would have cost to feed these people?

Not one of you took any umbrage at the scandalous amount of money being paid to the thousands of millitants under the amnesty package - including the rumoured $3,000,000 paid to Boyloaf alone.

@Texaspete
Even if we had worked the two extra days, the revenue would still have been gulped down and there would stil be no schools, hospitals etc, so the truth is we are all ranting about things we have no solution to!
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
Witi:

The facts is that those almanjarees are not complaining do they really want to go to the school? do they want to work?
Your statement is sad, sick and unfortunate. I wonder where you and your fathers wll have been now if the Missionaries who wanted to bbring education to us had said "those african monkeys are okay in their ignorance they dont deserve to be educated", Am so sad when young people reason with thier anus.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by bibiking1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2009
aisha2:

Your statement is sad, sick and unfortunate. I wonder where you and your fathers wll have been now if the Missionaries who wanted to bbring education to us had said "those african monkeys are okay in their ignorance they dont deserve to be educated", Am so sad when young people reason with thier anus.

too caustic Aisha!!!
I am not too comfortable with his point of view also, but i think we should be a lot more tolerant! Cheers
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2009
bibiking1:

too caustic Aisha!!!
I am not too comfortable with his point of view also, but i think we should be a lot more tolerant! Cheers
I apologise but its sad when young pople cant rise and face the issue, we engange to much in ethnic biogotary. It makes me extremely sad. Education is the only fighting chance anybody has and millions of people are being denied that fighting chance because of the selfishness of some leaders, it makes me sad that issues like that being trivalized.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nigerd(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2009
this people needed to be developed not to be feed, tell this leaders to do them well,
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by bibiking1(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2009
@Aisha
The problem is that our leadership is bereft of ideas, they actally do not have a laid out blue print. All that talk of Vision 2010, 2020, 2025 is all balderdash and you know it as well as i know it that it is just a postponement campagn to save face.
Africa needs EDUCATION to elevate itself. The west knows this, that is why it is easier for them to send us food aids rather than give us education. If we are perpetually dependent on food aid we would not have the boost to request education. The illiterates are better fanatics, and that is what the West and East want of Africans.
But! we can redeem ourselves, we can educate our struggling many and givethem liberation! Only if we elevate ourselves from the depth of ethnic bigotry and superstitious infirmary.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 29, 2009
bibiking1:

@Aisha
The problem is that our leadership is bereft of ideas, they actally do not have a laid out blue print. All that talk of Vision 2010, 2020, 2025 is all balderdash and you know it as well as i know it that it is just a postponement campagn to save face.
Africa needs EDUCATION to elevate itself. The west knows this, that is why it is easier for them to send us food aids rather than give us education. If we are perpetually dependent on food aid we would not have the boost to request education. The illiterates are better fanatics, and that is what the West and East want of Africans.
But! we can redeem ourselves, we can educate our struggling many and givethem liberation! Only if we elevate ourselves from the depth of ethnic bigotry and superstitious infirmary.

This is one of the best responses i have seen on nairaland. Education is the key , the light that drives away darkenss and breaks bariers. Thats why i give my all to see that i can get as many children that need education schoolarships. My Late mom thoghut me the value of education and the reason why people in leadership especially in the north deny education to the poeple to keep them in darkness and slavery. I never fully understood why my mother sacrifced her personal comfort, money and time to ensure that children especially girls got an education till a year ago, four after se had died, we had a program and i had applied the an organization for a reduction in thier charge for a hall, and the Boss of the organization called me herself because my moothers name was on the letter head, she asked me why my moms name was on the letter head and i told her the she was my mom and i want to continue her legacy and she sat quietly for some minutes, this woman was a big director everyone was scared of, she startedhedding tears and told me that my mother paid for her education, my mother was her teacher and she noticed that she was witdrawned from school, she followed her to her house to find out and at that point her father was about to give her out in marriage, my mother took her back to school and paid for her education till graduation. I looked at that woman and wondered where she would have been if she was allowed to be married off at 15. Eduaction breaks the poverty and class barier and we all should stand collectively to fight for the education f all children instead of reduccing it to trival matters of ethnic bigotary.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by GEW: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2009
aisha2:

This is one of the best responses i have seen on nairaland. Education is the key , the light that drives away darkenss and breaks bariers. Thats why i give my all to see that i can get as many children that need education schoolarships. My Late mom thoghut me the value of education and the reason why people in leadership especially in the north deny education to the poeple to keep them in darkness and slavery. I never fully understood why my mother sacrifced her personal comfort, money and time to ensure that children especially girls got an education till a year ago, four after se had died, we had a program and i had applied the an organization for a reduction in thier charge for a hall, and the Boss of the organization called me herself because my moothers name was on the letter head, she asked me why my moms name was on the letter head and i told her the she was my mom and i want to continue her legacy and she sat quietly for some minutes, this woman was a big director everyone was scared of, she startedhedding tears and told me that my mother paid for her education, my mother was her teacher and she noticed that she was witdrawned from school, she followed her to her house to find out and at that point her father was about to give her out in marriage, my mother took her back to school and paid for her education till graduation. I looked at that woman and wondered where she would have been if she was allowed to be married off at 15. Eduaction breaks the poverty and class barier and we all should stand collectively to fight for the education f all children instead of reduccing it to trival matters of ethnic bigotary.
nice one but how can education help already brain washed people like nigerians? we have too much people in school if that is what you mean. oyinbo dont school the masses like we do so tell me what sending more mutallab, shobowale and ekaite to school will do for the nation
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2009
GEW:

nice one but how can education help already brain washed people like nigerians? we have too much people in school if that is what you mean. oyinbo dont school the masses like we do so tell me what sending more mutallab, shobowale and ekaite to school will do for the nation
Education is not about the paper certificate Education is about attaining knowledge. Anyone getting an education must first off all appreciate its value and must want it badly so that when you are faced with obstacles you know that getting that knowledge is worth all the stress. People who just want the certificate would not be willing to go the extra mile, its people like that that can cheat on a test. Now someone like that director apprecaites the value ofeducation because she knew it was her only chance of getting out of a bad situation. I weep for ur society today because children and youth they dont know the goldmine in education, our leaders understand thats why they keep it away fromus. Children go to school and come back just to wacth African magic and cartoon network, the parents think paying mega bucks means their child is getting a good education. My father was so involved in my education, he thought me the value of books and would closely supervise our education and we attended public schools.
Tillyou know the value of gold it will just be a metal to you
Till
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by bibiking1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2009
@Aisha
I applaud your effort to give the girl child education, however i must raise my worry over the quality of the education that is being churned out from the Nigerian system.
I had colleagues who graduated with me and yet could not muster a complete sentence in pure unalduterated english! I had friends in school then who did not still understand the basic sciences that they ought to have passed four years back!.
These are worrying signs i must admit, for a little education is a dangerous thing. If eduation is to be givn it has to be proper and has to come it its altruistic form. When employers complain about the lack of qualified manpower in the country you would wonder, are there not over 40% unemployed Nigerians out there?? But their level of education is at a base, and rather they have made certification their watch word.
There has to be a total overhaul of the educational system, otherwise we would keep stuffing the center with half baked unemployeable individuals who lack the ability to influence society!
Aisha, i really am at a crossroad, because we cannot leave the young ones unschooled, and yet when we attempt to school them they become uneducated, when we attempt to educate them, the system refuses!
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2009
bibiking1:

@Aisha
I applaud your effort to give the girl child education, however i must raise my worry over the quality of the education that is being churned out from the Nigerian system.
I had colleagues who graduated with me and yet could not muster a complete sentence in pure unalduterated english! I had friends in school then who did not still understand the basic sciences that they ought to have passed four years back!.
These are worrying signs i must admit, for a little education is a dangerous thing. If eduation is to be givn it has to be proper and has to come it its altruistic form. When employers complain about the lack of qualified manpower in the country you would wonder, are there not over 40% unemployed Nigerians out there?? But their level of education is at a base, and rather they have made certification their watch word.
There has to be a total overhaul of the educational system, otherwise we would keep stuffing the center with half baked unemployeable individuals who lack the ability to influence society!
Aisha, i really am at a crossroad, because we cannot leave the young ones unschooled, and yet when we attempt to school them they become uneducated, when we attempt to educate them, the system refuses!
I understand you fears and i have the same fears too but there is just so much we can do. I talked about understanding the value of education. The kids we have on schoolarship understand the value and the need, we review their results and greatly encourage them to read and improve on what is being tought. We have a partnership with teachers without borders and believe me you will be amazed how good and patriotic thses Nigerian Teachers we are so quick to condemn are. Theyhave so many practical and applicable forms of teaching these kids. Do you know that Students from Governement college Jai are the World SAGE champhions beating private schools in Nigeria and the whole world which was held in Brazil. Thesestudents invented a method which refines water and pumbs water to their host community. These are the students am talking about, children whoknow and value education. Yes we have some half baked students who are too lazy to study and think for themselves, and we will always have people like that vene if the educational system is 100%. If you know the value of something youas a student would do anything to have it and cherish , nurture and develop it.
Now my job is to make sure that the children who value that education and cannot afoord it get access to it, because even if you spend 5 million on a child / term for fees and he does not value that education he will not learn jack
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by bibiking1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
aisha2:

I understand you fears and i have the same fears too but there is just so much we can do. I talked about understanding the value of education. The kids we have on schoolarship understand the value and the need, we review their results and greatly encourage them to read and improve on what is being tought. We have a partnership with teachers ithout borers and believe me you will be amazed how good and patriotic thses Nigerian Teachers we are so quick to condemn are. Theyhave so many practical and applicable forms of teaching these kids. Do you know that Students from Governement college Jai are the World SAGE champhions beating private schools in Nigeria and the whole world which was held in Brazil. Thesestudents invented a method which refines water and pumbs water to their host community. These are the students am talking about, children whoknow and value education. Yes we have some half baked students who are too lazy to study and think for themselves, and we will always have people like that vene if the educational system is 100%. If you know the value of something youas a student would do anything to have it and cherish , nurture and develop it.

@Aisha
you speak as one who has crossed that line of doubt and as such i grant you that respect for your total believe. I would however beseech you to forgive my pessimism.
You wrote a while ago about the need of the individual seeking education valuing the necessity of such! But how many of our little ones now value such? They seem corrupted by the urge and need for quick money that i fear they would lack the patience to acquire proper education. The Nigerian society (with particular reference to the North) still has not lost its atitude on the necessity of a girl child education? Whenever hey are finihsed with their childish gambol in the name of schooing, they are quickly married off to retardedly obese mallams. I also see the lack of education in our country as the main hindrance behnd the resurcitation of our manufacturing industry, as the teachers who teach at school only regurgitate notebooks of decades past. I applaud the ingenuity of those kids at the SAGE competition, but how well would they impact on the nigerian economy, how sturdy is their hide to the harshness of reality that the Nigerian society provides

Lke i said earlier, i am confused! I would like to know how you have been able to overcome a few of these challenges!
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2009
My dear if i had all the answers i would be the Minister of Education.
I agree absolutely with you that most youths are in a hurry to get rich and as such do not value the power of knowledge. However for long lasting wealth their is no short cut. That aside, I feel parents especially rich and middle class parents are failing because they equate good education with high school fees. Like i said earlier, my father taught me and my mother throuh her actions taught me at an erly age to valueeducation and think outside the box. parents need to do that not passs the buck to the teachers.
For less prvilaged children, as a civil society its our responsiblity to enlighten them about breaking the poverty circle through education and we do that to the best of our ability and resources available to us. In my work, i have seen so many smart kids who have understood such messages and are living with these values, for example, there is a boy on schoolarship, he lives in a child headed household because both parents died from AIDS. Now, he was out of school and working, but now he is back in school, the value this boy has for education is evident in his smartness and his performance in school, he wins ever kind of prize there is to be won in his school. Most people of intergrity who have lastig weaalth, The Ganis, ale Soyinkas and the rest had that type of value for education.
Most times i share your pessimism but when i think of these success stories it reinforces my believes. Education is a gift and privilage and anyone who wants educationto be useful to him needs to know that.
Re: 7 Northern States Spent One Billion Naira(1,000,000,000) For Ramadan Feeding. by bibiking1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2009
@Aisha
Well it looks quite grim from where i stand, but i believe you have the right attitude, and somewhere the answers sit waiting for you.
I wish you all the best with your NGO

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED!!!!!! 3 Types Of Boko Haram By El-rufai / We Will Be Rewarding Boko Haram If We Elect Buhari – Middle Belt Group / PDP Sues INEC Over Voters Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.