Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

I’m Not Lucky? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I’m Not Lucky? (649 Views)

I’m Human, I Need Sex Not Bible Verses Alone- Pastor’s Wife / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos) / I’m Gay – Bishop Nicholas Chamberlain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Lucky? by dharmielol(f): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2016
You might have heard this common saying about people referring to someone who is successful, everything working out well for and have a happy marriage as being “lucky” and how “unlucky” or sad the other person’s life turned out. Some believe that some fortunate souls are mysteriously born under a lucky star. I kept wondering if actually it is all about “luck” anyway or is it not.

After doing some readings and making some findings about what luck is? And how to be lucky? I came up with this definition/explanation of luck:

Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one’s own actions or thoughts.

Webster’s Dictionary defines luck as “a force that brings good fortune or adversity; a force that operates for or against an individual.”

Yes, so now if luck is a force and is brought about by chance, why can’t we tap into it and manipulate it for our own good, after all we all have a free will. No one is stuck with an inevitable destiny. We can make the things we want happen.

Abi why will some people’s lives overflow with abundance, vitality, successful careers, and loving relationships and others won’t?

I believe luck is the product of our own mental focus, thoughts, beliefs and attitudes. In fact I prefer to call it positive thinking. So Imagine now that by changing your focus, thoughts, beliefs you can intentionally increase the amount of luck you experience in all areas of life, be it finance, good health, happy home, good grades, good relationships and so on. Sounded good right?

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honourable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. “Philippians 4:8”

Well, believe it or not, you get what you expect, if you are so certain that your future is going to be full of good fortune, definitely it will. And if you think otherwise, well? Just know that these expectations become self-fulfilling prophecies to our lives.

The conditions and circumstances of your present life (finance, health, relationships, etc.) are as a result of your collective thoughts over the years. It is your thought power that has created those very circumstances. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him” (James Allen).

Thoughts are like seeds, they have a natural tendency to grow and manifest in your life, if you feed them with attention, interest and enthusiasm.

“If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” (Peace Pilgrim)

Change your negative habits and build new, positive habits or skills. Pay attention to the thoughts you think. Do your best to reject negative thoughts, and to allow into your mind only thoughts that bring good, happy, and positive results. (You can read up Dealing With Unwanted Thoughts )

You can use your mind to attract good things, wealth, riches, promotion at work, for building a business, improving health, good relationships, changing circumstances, and practically almost everything you desire. “You are not a helpless victim of your own thoughts, but rather a master of your own mind.” Louise Hay

Actions, situations, and objects that you visualize frequently, eventually manifest on the material plane in a natural way. This manifestation does not happen overnight. It needs time, and depends on how ambitious and sincere you are, and how much time and attention you put into this action. Never relax, do not be discourage, keep hoping and believing. “With God in my life, all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

Remember, don’t just think it, go for it, what your mind can conceive, you can achieve. Always understand that faith and patience work hand in hand

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
(Psalm 27:13)

Amen

Thank you for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Lucky? by oglalasioux(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2016
The universe is not programmed to function the way you wrote above. We don't have equal opportunities and that is the simple fact.

If it was, then the other planets in the solar system would have been able to develop life which was evenly distributed to them when the solar system was born. But they were not able because they were either too far from the sun or too near. Earth is in this sweet spot due purely to chance not by hard work or any divine intervention through an act of God.

Among the things I like about the bible is the parable of the sower. This is one parable that summarized what our universe is; pure chance of where you find yourself determines who you are.
Re: I’m Not Lucky? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Lucky? by dharmielol(f): 11:42am On Aug 17, 2016
oglalasioux:
The universe is not programmed to function the way you wrote above. We don't have equal opportunities and that is the simple fact.

If it was, then the other planets in the solar system would have been able to develop life which was evenly distributed to them when the solar system was born. But they were not able because they were either too far from the sun or too near. Earth is in this sweet spot due purely to chance not by hard work or any divine intervention through an act of God.

Among the things I like about the bible is the parable of the sower. This is one parable that summarized what our universe is; pure chance of where you find yourself determines who you are.

Well,i still strongly believe that you get what you expect, no matter where you are in this world. you are what you think. Our thoughts are like seeds.
The conditions and circumstances of your present life (finance, health, relationships, etc.) are as a result of your collective thoughts over the years. It is your thought power that has created those very circumstances.
Re: I’m Not Lucky? by oglalasioux(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
dharmielol:

Well,i still strongly believe that you get what you expect, no matter where you are in this world. you are what you think. Our thoughts are like seeds.
The conditions and circumstances of your present life (finance, health, relationships, etc.) are as a result of your collective thoughts over the years. It is your thought power that has created those very circumstances.

No. It's only when we understand that nature didn't favour all of us that the world will be a better place.

Hard work and diligence still matters but what will you say about people born with schizophrenia and other diseases that come from genetic mutation?

It's time the black man dropped two ideas; that hard work and divine intervention are the only requirements for success.

That's why the white man started what is known as charities; to help those whom nature didn't favour as much as others.
Re: I’m Not Lucky? by dharmielol(f): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
oglalasioux:

No. It's only when we understand that nature didn't favour all of us that the world will be a better place.

Hard work and diligence still matters but what will you say about people born with schizophrenia and other diseases that come from genetic mutation?

It's time the black man dropped two ideas; that hard work and divine intervention are the only requirements for success.

That's why the white man started what is known as charities; to help those whom nature didn't favour as much as others.

Sure, nature might not favour us all because people lack knowledge.

But why wont nature favour me "According as his divine power hath given unto us ALL THINGS that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" 2 Peter 1:3

See,you can go far in life but to go further, you need divine intervention. success in life comes from 2 main sources,either natural source or super-natural source(this can be demonic or divine)

For those who suffer with schizophrenia they should have hope in Jesus for life more abundant (John 10:9-11). The Lord can use all things for their good.
Re: I’m Not Lucky? by oglalasioux(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
dharmielol:

Sure, nature might not favour us all because people lack knowledge.

But why wont nature favour me "According as his divine power hath given unto us ALL THINGS that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" 2 Peter 1:3

See,you can go far in life but to go further, you need divine intervention. success in life comes from 2 main sources,either natural source or super-natural source(this can be demonic or divine)

For those who suffer with schizophrenia they should have hope in Jesus for life more abundant (John 10:9-11). The Lord can use all things for their good.

The bolded is the problem of the world and the main reason mankind created gods. You are right; men manipulate the forces of the universe for their selfish gain and hid behind gods to justify their actions. There are no gods behind what you suggested are the roads to succeed in life. It's just men turning the laws of physics to their personal gain.
Re: I’m Not Lucky? by dharmielol(f): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2016
Good morning

(1) (Reply)

Fake! Fake! Fake! Beware! Be Warned!!! / THE SCOAN PHENOMENON: Separating The Wheat From The Chaff / Rev. Fr. Willy Ojukwu Joins The Saints Triumphant!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.