Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

What Makes Your Relationship A Success? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Makes Your Relationship A Success? (2352 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Run If Your Man Is Hellbent On Keeping Your Relationship A / 8 Powerful Ways To Make Your Relationship A Wonderful One / Communication In Relationship. A Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Ekpoma1: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2009
I've being looking forward to this day as a member.I believe being here on the romances section will broadens my heart on issues that concerns the heart,which are very sensitive in relationships for effective commucation and understanding of the opposite sex in order to know the basic things which are love,trust,patient,tolerant,sacrifice etc needed for a happy relationship.What makes your relationship a success?i'll be glad to learn.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by german007(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2009
cool
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Ekpoma1: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2009
german007:

@Poster.

Very interesting question.

Im 28 yrs old and currently engaged.

Iv been with my partner for 7 years.  7 long years.

Il cut a long story short.

Be honest and open with your partner, Never make them mistrust you.  Learn to be forgiving and understanding.  Be a good listener.  Be like your partner's best friend.

Hope that helps.
thank you sir.it surely do help.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Musty450(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2009
Finally, Someone asks a truly constructive question, NLanders please share your thoughts on this with us;

For me i think Communication (even though it may sound cliche-ish) is one of the factors that has really helped to make my 6 year old relationship a success; obviously we being human and all means that there ll always be some sort of misunderstanding between partners but as long as the lines of communication are open; and you re both open minded; a solution will always be at hand.

grin of course there are always cases which are exceptions . . .  grin
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by german007(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2009
Yes Very true indeed.

Communication is a very important factor.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2009
Cliche but communication and honesty is the key to a good relationship.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by KennyG6(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2009
love, committment, honesty, communication and most of all must have common interests or things they enjoy doing together,
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Ekpoma1: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2009
Thank so far for your comments.besides all those things mention,are we not leaving out something here, i mean puting our relationship in God's hands.just a suggestion though.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ekpoma1:

Thank so far for your comments.besides all those things mention,are we not leaving out something here, i mean puting our relationship in God's hands.just a suggestion though.
Yes that is very important as well.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ekpoma1:

I think God has too much on his plate to worry about our relationships!!  undecided
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by iice(f): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2009
Communication, understanding, compromise, honesty, will and honor cool
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Ekpoma1: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2009
iice:

Communication, understanding, compromise, honesty, will and honor cool
is it possible to have all that above in a relationship?
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by iice(f): 1:59pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ekpoma1:

is it possible to have all that above in a relationship?

But of course. . .
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Ekpoma1: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2009
iice:

But of course.  .  .
oh, God pls see me through.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by german007(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2009
ekpoma

What exactly is your current predicament sir?

What is your main concern?.

Regards
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Ekpoma1: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2009
german007:

ekpoma

What exactly is your current predicament sir?

What is your main concern?.

Regards
Nothing actually, you see alot of break up here and there.Is really a thing of great concern for me, I just want make it right when is time for to cross that bridge.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by KennyG6(m): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2009
well we've given u enuf tips, although not exhaustive
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by posakosa(m): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ekpoma1:

Nothing actually, you see alot of break up here and there.Is really a thing of great concern for me, I just want make it right when is time for to cross that bridge.

Nothing wrong with break ups, but there is something wrong with bad break ups- and thats as a result of initial evil intentions, if your goal is to only strafe a woman but then dont you lie to her that you shall marry her only because you want to phuck. Often times, thats what most men do.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ekpoma1:

i think puting our relationship in God's hands.just a suggestion though.
you couldn't have been more right.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by TheSeeker(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2009
It doesn't really take a lot to make a relationship work but I think the main thing is commitment. You need to have that before your relationship can move any close to working. Commitment will make you go the extra mile to put in your best in a relationship.

When you have commitment, you go for communication. You obviously can't communicate if you're not committed because you could care less.  After this comes honesty. I want to believe that when you communicate, you do so in all honesty or it won't be a hearty discussion.

Another is patience. Dealing with a partner -- young or old, mature or immature -- is like having to do with someone you have never met just as it was back in your elementary school days. It takes a lot of them for some people to adjust to who they are dating and it could be pretty short for some. You have to know also that the comfort-level of each person varies, and the rate at which others integrate perfectly into their new dates depends on a lot of factors. Don't get mad when you have to repeatedly spell out your do's and don'ts to your partner, and don't lose your patience when your girlfriend wants you to pet her all the time, both when necessary and unnecessary.

Commitment, communication, honesty, patience, then comes another, sacrifice.

Sacrifice can mean different things to different people in different and diverse situations. The most important thing is, in every relationship make good use of your head and do what's right. Your heart at some point may not convey a correspondingly valid message with your heart. Right at this juncture, you'll need to use your brain to fathom what's right. You can't possibly ask your girlfriend or fiancee to drop her dreams of wanting to be a nurse because you think she may not have time in the future for the family (you and your kids), and it'll be foolish for her to walk out on her path to a rosy career because of what 'harm' you think it might do to the future you both are planning.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Ekpoma1: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2009
Thank you the seeker, that's was a long one, your points are well noted.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by blandyne(f): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2009
TheSeeker:

It doesn't really take a lot to make a relationship work but I think the main thing is commitment. You need to have that before your relationship can move any close to working. Commitment will make you go the extra mile to put in your best in a relationship.

When you have commitment, you go for communication. You obviously can't communicate if you're not committed because you could care less.  After this comes honesty. I want to believe that when you communicate, you do so in all honesty or it won't be a hearty discussion.

Another is patience. Dealing with a partner -- young or old, mature or immature -- is like having to do with someone you have never met just as it was back in your elementary school days. It takes a lot of them for some people to adjust to who they are dating and it could be pretty short for some. You have to know also that the comfort-level of each person varies, and the rate at which others integrate perfectly into their new dates depends on a lot of factors. Don't get mad when you have to repeatedly spell out your do's and don'ts to your partner, and don't lose your patience when your girlfriend wants you to pet her all the time, both when necessary and unnecessary.

Commitment, communication, honesty, patience, then comes another, sacrifice.

Sacrifice can mean different things to different people in different and diverse situations. The most important thing is, in every relationship make good use of your head and do what's right. Your heart at some point may not convey a correspondingly valid message with your heart. Right at this juncture, you'll need to use your brain to fathom what's right. You can't possibly ask your girlfriend or fiancee to drop her dreams of wanting to be a nurse because you think she may not have time in the future for the family (you and your kids), and it'll be foolish for her to walk out on her path to a rosy career because of what 'harm' you think it might do to the future you both are planning.

If i understand you clearly, u mean without commitment a relationship can't work or succeed. What is commitment to u? The reason i'm asking it's because nowadays people have different definitions for commitment. Some says commitment it's when the man actually propose to u and make everybody know that you're the one he wants to marry. Other sees commitment as when a man agree to date you and only you even though he did not propose yet.

Nevertheless i'm so glad to read your post. Most men dont understand it, when a woman say the word commitment to them they perceive her as being possessive, desperate, wanting to drag them down the aisle no matter what.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by follypimpi(m): 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2009
Lastly Good sex too. grin grin
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by iice(f): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2009
^^LMAO, true that
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by TheSeeker(m): 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2009
blandyne:

If i understand you clearly, u mean without commitment a relationship can't work or succeed. What is commitment to u? The reason i'm asking it's because nowadays people have different definitions for commitment. Some says commitment it's when the man actually propose to u and make everybody know that you're the one he wants to marry. Other sees commitment as when a man agree to date you and only you even though he did not propose yet.

Nevertheless i'm so glad to read your post. Most men dont understand it, when a woman say the word commitment to them they perceive her as being possessive, desperate, wanting to drag them down the aisle no matter what.
Commitment is having a goal set and a considerable willpower to push it through to attaining that goal. If the goal of the relationship is to have sex and break up later, your will to make it happen is commitment. If you're planning to take it to the aisle, your determination to make it happen is commitment. Everything you do has to revolve around bringing to reality whatever dream you have forecast for the relationship.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by blandyne(f): 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2009
@ Theseeker
Thanks for your reply. You're so danm right. Like i always say you must have a goal in everything you do, even simple tasks as drinking water which your goal will be to satisfy your thirst smiley smiley
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by TheSeeker(m): 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2009
blandyne:

@ Theseeker
Thanks for your reply. You're so danm right. Like i always say you must have a goal in everything you do, even simple tasks as drinking water which your goal will be to satisfy your thirst smiley smiley
Your goal by insulting someone is to hurt them, the effort to insult (even when you don't want to) is the commitment. grin
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by tunyus(m): 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2009
sex sex sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by eyonigger(m): 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2009
You can posses all of the stated qualities to sustain a successful relationship, but if you cannot nack ur baby well, omo mehn you'll lose later.
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by dizzywezzy(f): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2009
On a serious note is sex rily rily important? Can a relationship work without it? n on a scale of 1-10 hw important is sex?
Re: What Makes Your Relationship A Success? by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 28, 2009
dizzywezzy:

On a serious note is sex rily rily important? Can a relationship work without it? n on a scale of 1-10 hw important is sex?
very important, A good sex is another foundation for a successful relationship says my friend OBJ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Marry A Nigerian Guy When My Father Doesn't Agree? / I Am Not Saying She Is Crazy, But... / Why Do Girls Put Only Good Guys On Friendzoned!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.