Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details (42940 Views)

Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / Canada Reduces Waiting Time For Visa Applicants / 25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants (2) (3) (4)

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by salford1: 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
olufiz89:
Hey guys, my question is about the way they about verifying you details with other embassies. Like if you applying to canada embassy now and you've previously applied to US embassy. Will Canada check with the US embassy your personal details like marriage status, spouse name, education level and others. Your response is highly sought. Thanks.
Yes. They do.

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Chukwuemeka101: 12:10am On Mar 12, 2020
OAM4J:
@Poster
Better don’t give fake bank account to them. If they suspect the account for any form of irregularity, they will call big time. Your visa processes will not move forward until they get the bank response.

What if you are working with an agent and he helps you get the bank statement , of course, you dont have such amount of money in your account, what will be the outcome ?
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by abbyode(m): 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

What if you are working with an agent and he helps you get the bank statement , of course, you dont have such amount of money in your account, what will be the outcome ?
If they discover, you will be severely banned!

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Chukwuemeka101: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
abbyode:
If they discover, you will be severely banned!

Well, he has been doing it for many guys and they have been moving,.some of these bank managers work hand in hand with all this agents, see my brother most of this guys applying they don't have such amount in their account, truth be told...is just grace and God ..
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Tobico: 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
Dubino:
Hey Mr. Audu123, let me ship in my 2 cents. I'll tell you the truth even though you may not like it.
Embassies , High commisions or Consulates whatever any country calls theirs. They can go as far as it takes to verify informations visa applicants sent them,even to your bank,school,place of work etc. This depends on what they suspect about your application,they can then verify 1, 2 or all the informations.  However,if they're unable to verify any one ,some embassies 'll contact you and tell you to advice e.g your bank to let them do so. At this time you've the right to let your bank allow them or not. However this 'll delay your application and if they still can't verify it,they would disqualify your application. And based on all the OLUWALE that's going on in Nigeria,most embassy now verifys at least the applicants account.

My little ideas about this issue is that Embassy do inquiries from Banks as regard there statement of account ,But its not legal for Bank to go ahead and disclose customers bank details with Third party Except Anti Corruption agency and court of law has the legal backing for doing so.
America and some Schengen countries don't normally verify bank account in Nigeria .its Canada ,UK.Ireland and Switzerland Poland and few other do verify at time not always.
In nutshell if my Bank reveal my details to embassy without my consent I have legal right to sue for damages .for exposing my transaction with third party.

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Tobico: 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
FemiFaniKayode:

you funny ooooo how can they ask for account number again when there is a statement showing the account number?

you sabi wetin u dey talk?
. You don't understand Simple bussines ethic or you don't have banking experience..
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by tellalexander: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
Tobico:

My little ideas about this issue is that Embassy do inquiries from Banks as regard there statement of account ,But its not legal for Bank to go ahead and disclose customers bank details with Third party Except Anti Corruption agency and court of law has the legal backing for doing so.
America and some Schengen countries don't normally verify bank account in Nigeria .its Canada ,UK.Ireland and Switzerland Poland and few other do verify at time not always.
In nutshell if my Bank reveal my details to embassy without my consent I have legal right to sue for damages .for exposing my transaction with third party.
Is it possible for the embassy to know the balance of an account through the bank?
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by salford1: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
tellalexander:
Is it possible for the embassy to know the balance of an account through the bank?
Tobico:

I worked in the Regulatory Risk dept in a UK bank in the late 2000s. Embassies are smarter than you think, and they have a way around verification. When you submit you application, you have disclosed that everything you submitted is true and given them the privilege to verify same information by appending your signature and date. You have given them the privilege to contact your university, Polytechnic, employer, Bank etc if they want to.

In my days of working in the said bank, the embassy would call and chose about 3 to 4 dates on a statements balance to ask questions on. The banker only needs to confirm True or False when the question are asked.

E.g.

ECO: 12345 account number belongs to Mr XX
Banker: True/False.

ECO: Closing balance of -N- xx amount on DD/MM/YY.

ECO: Debit of -N- xx amount on DD/MM/YY
Banker: True/False

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by salford1: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Well, he has been doing it for many guys and they have been moving,.some of these bank managers work hand in hand with all this agents, see my brother most of this guys applying they don't have such amount in their account, truth be told...is just grace and God ..
In previous years, embassy would often call the branch directly. In the late 1990s, managers would even call their customers to inform them that the embassy called for verification. I remember clearly that a branch manager once called my mum to inform her that the British Embassy called the branch to verify her bank statements. This was in 1997 or so.

Embassies have since evolved. Since the mid 2000 or so, they do not contact the branch directly anymore. They have dedicated lines or people they contact directly at head offices or regional Head offices.

However not all accounts are flagged. Some are flagged because they simply look fake, and some are flagged for audit purposes. Your guys may have just been lucky.

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by tellalexander: 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
salford1:

I worked in the Regulatory Risk dept in a UK bank in the late 2000s. Embassies are smarter than you think, and they have a way around verification. When you submit you application, you have disclosed that everything you submitted is true and given them the privilege to verify same information by appending your signature and date. You have given them the privilege to contact your university, Polytechnic, employer, Bank etc if they want to.

In my days of working in the said bank, the embassy would call and chose about 3 to 4 dates on a statements balance to ask questions on. The banker only needs to confirm True or False when the question are asked.

E.g.

ECO: 12345 account number belongs to Mr XX

ECO: Closing balance of -N- xx amount on DD/MM/YY.

ECO: Debit of -N- xx amount on DD/MM/YY
Banker: True/False

with the informations you provided,if you lump some money to build account,and remove those money away from the account immediately after printing the bank statement..will the embassy be able to detect that by knowing the current balance from the bank?

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by MPESA(m): 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2020
ElijahFobs:

oluwole is the nigeria ambassador to fakedocnistan

cheesy You killed it grin
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by tellalexander: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tobico:

Hello,it’s been 4 weeks now I applied for Ireland tourist visa and it is not yet out..please any members in the house with a recent Ireland visa decision and how long did it take??
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by tellalexander: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
salford1:

In previous years, embassy would often call the branch directly. In the late 1990s, managers would even call their customers to inform them that the embassy called for verification. I remember clearly that a branch manager once called my mum to inform her that the British Embassy called the branch to verify her bank statements. This was in 1997 or so.

Embassies have since evolved. Since the mid 2000 or so, they do not contact the branch directly anymore. They have dedicated lines or people they contact directly at head offices or regional Head offices.

However not all accounts are flagged. Some are flagged because they simply look fake, and some are flagged for audit purposes. Your guys may have just been lucky.
Hello house,is this Coronavirus issue going to have effect on visa? I have made an application for Ireland visa and it’s 4 weeks now I haven’t seen any decision
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Chi4321: 3:37am On Mar 16, 2020
Hi everyone!
I applied for a visitors Visa to Denmark, on the 19th of February to meet with my husband .
We got married on the 8th of January.

My husband lives in Denmark , and I was supposed to be visting for 41 days... we booked a flight for 18th of March (2 days time)
On the 27th of Feb I got a Call from the Embassy, and my husband got a mail in Denmark to confirm that he was invitIng me.... which he replied to immediately.
I was hopefully that within 2 days after the interview, I would get a message to pickup my passport !
Until now (16th of March), no messages.... nothing else !
Could anything be wrong

I included this documents during my application
1. Letter of invitation from my husband
2. His passport data page
3. My husbands residency permit .
4. His 6 months pay slip
5. My Saving statement of account (10 million naira)
6. My 4 business statement of account (1million naira)
7. My business registration certificate
8. Marriage certificate
9. Our wedding pictures (with family and friends)
10. Reference from the 2 banks I use .
Please,
Does anyone have an idea, why they havnt returned my passport yet ?
I booked a flight for 18th of this month, will this have an effect on the Visa?
I am so confused right now, as I was told it would take less than 15 days to get approval , now it’s almost 1 month .
Please reply, thanks !
Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by Godpapa: 12:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Thanks.. I have also worked in the bank.. I think the highest level the embassy can confirm from the bank is to send the scanned document back to them for confirmation.. it is against the banking rules to release customer balance.. even when government agencies wants the balance, it comes with court order to release such.. however in recent times.. I think the fintech companies can confirm ur statement of accout.. so embassies may verify from that link without getting intouch with the bank..all they need is ur account number..

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by GboyegaD(m): 5:24am On Jan 23, 2022
mevisbleek:
@eveyone i ve worked in a bank before, yes embassy calls d bank quite alright, they only ask if the accout is domicile in a particular branch, ask for the account number and account holder and also ask when the account was opened, noting like hw much is in d account, it is not possible to tell the embasy hw much a customer has in his account, it is never done, it is against the law and ethics of banking, meanwhile they call d head office to verify all this.

They can verify transactions and not necessarily the balance.

Re: High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:54am On Jan 23, 2022
In most cases, the embassy asks specific questions and the bank either confirms or denies the information.

And yes, there are indeed loopholes that allow embassies to get specific information however the only person that the applicant can blame is his or her self. Often, the embassy sends the bank a statement of consent included in the application and signed by the applicant.

Before signing your name on any document, take the time to read and understand what you are consenting to.

Pictures Of Kano Under Total Lockdown / My Horrible Experiences of Bikepooling With Women / How A Bike-Rider And A Passenger Transported Another Bike (Photo, Video)