Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion (29497 Views)

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God / Can Morality Exist Without Religion? / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
felixomor:

Go n study the bible to know that God keeps to his word. Just as he also prophecied before time that millions will be killed for his name sake.
And u seem to detest the Mao. Eiya, the guy is ur mentor now, association of people who deny the obvious aka atheists, haba?
Since God prophesied it And it happened then what is Ur problem??

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by ValentineMary(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The part you quoted was not my focus. Were you the one who pulled up the definition of the word JEALOUS? I DID and i highlighted and made bigger my focus but in your lies you messed with my quote. Lying Atheist!

Anyone that says you are intelligent is committing a felony. Its either you are deliberately misquoting my post or you really are unintelligent.

Let me Post it again and show you the part which is a synonym to the word JEALOUS

[/b][/size]

if you are using a gadget that does not show magnified words then i would understand but i doubt that you are so i would say you are deliberately misquoting my post so as to appear intelligent when you are actually not.

You are a liar and you know it.

Even when i gave a definition for Jealous matching my context here you are deliberately fooling yourself.

Atheists and lies mixed with being unintelligent are a match made in heaven

[s] I even asked you if you know what the word SYNONYM means and you ignored that. So much for your intelligence [/s] undecided
Let's assume u are right, and that's the definition God ment, why would he be protective or defensive? who is he competing with. The protect something means u are afraid it might be taken from u. If u claim it is the devil, is God not greater than he he does not need to protect his special ones against a lower being since he already has a plan for us. So protection in this case would mean he interfers in our activities which questions free will.

Why would he be watchful if everything is going spontaneously to God's plan, then being watchful is unnecessary and irrelevant unless he is not sure of his plan.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

Let's assume u are right, and that's the definition God ment, why would he be protective or defensive? who is he competing with. The protect something means u are afraid it might be taken from u. If u claim it is the devil, is God not greater than he he does not need to protect his special ones against a lower being since he already has a plan for us. So protection in this case would mean he interfers in our activities which questions free will.

Why would he be watchful if everything is going spontaneously to God's plan, then being watchful is unnecessary and irrelevant unless he is not sure of his plan.

First of all you cannot assume i am right because you know i am right which is why you are now changing your tone so stop trying to further your lies.

If you still cannot see where i said the other gods are not Gods focus but the israelites are because they had already been exposed to the gods in Egypt then you have further proven your unintelligent nature to me and everyone else.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by ValentineMary(m): 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

First of all you cannot assume i am right because you know i am right which is why you are now changing your tone so stop trying to further your lies.

If you still cannot see where i said the other gods are not Gods focus but the israelites are because they had already been exposed to the gods in Egypt then you have further proven your unintelligent nature to me and everyone else.
If u are admitting ur definition is right, then u agree that God is not omniscient as explained above.

At bold text are u saying that God is jealous the isrealites might run off and worship a non existing being (because he said I am the only one and there is none beside me) Ur God has a funny way of doing things. He is now jealous of non existing entities as defined by naijadeyhia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by felixomor: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Since God prophesied it And it happened then what is Ur problem??

My problem is that your type of people did it. And also U must not allow urself to be used by the devil to fulfill negative prophecies.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

If u are admitting ur definition is right, then u agree that God is not omniscient as explained above.

At bold text are u saying that God is jealous the isrealites might run off and worship a non existing being (because he said I am the only one and there is none beside me) Ur God has a funny way of doing things. He is now jealous of non existing entities as defined by naijadeyhia

Your zero intelligence is a huge mountain you need to surmount before you can engage in any sensible discussion with anyone.

Action is different from reality. Why would the Children of israel worship images made with hand and believe in it when there is a living God who they already knew about long before they became captives to Egypt. When we say gods it does not mean those entities are alive and Gods equal or even a contender. No!

Again its not the gods that is the problem but the intent of the heart of the Israelites because if they had a flawed focus they would not get the best from God almighty and just like you are doing, they would assume God is not real.

Its all about loyalty and nothing else. You really lack comprehension because again you are using the word JEALOUS wrong again even after i have repeatedly corrected you and you took my correction now you are back to square one with it again.

smh
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
felixomor:

My problem is that your type of people did it. And also U must not allow urself to be used by the devil to fulfill negative prophecies.
But Ur God prophecies it that's the point it must still happen Why God Say So.. U have no excuse God killed them

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by neocortex: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
am0sn0nyu:

The point I am making is that there's nothing evil or wrong with TRIBALISM (identifying with one's own tribe like every other tribes throughout the world does but we should all frown on tribal discrimination/segregation. Hope you now get my point.

That is my point, you are trying to narrow the definition of tribalism,
remember it is an english word not a Nigerian one.
There is nothing wrong in identifying your tribe, but unfortunately that
is not the reality of things.

I would have understood if you are trying to encourage healthy tribalism
as against a destructive one one not telling us "tribalism only means one
thing and nothing is wrong with it".
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Your zero intelligence is a huge mountain you need to surmount before you can engage in any sensible discussion with anyone.

Action is different from reality. Why would the Children of israel worship images made with hand and believe in it when there is a living God who they already knew about long before they became captives to Egypt. When we say gods it does not mean those entities are alive and Gods equal or even a contender. No!

Again its not the gods that is the problem but the intent of the heart of the Israelites because if they had a flawed focus they would not get the best from God almighty and just like you are doing, they would assume God is not real.

Its all about loyalty and nothing else. You really lack comprehension because again you are using the word JEALOUS wrong again even after i have repeatedly corrected you and you took my correction now you are back to square one with it again.

smh
Shut up jare even 1sense U didn't make it's a pity
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Shut up jare even 1sense U didn't make it's a pity

So says the advocate for Egyptian sorcery. grin grin

Can the demon possessed declare the truth of the gospel to be truth?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by ValentineMary(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

smh
Am sure it's obvious to anyone reading this who the dumb one is.

Again u prove ur God is insecure about non existing things. Why should he need worship badly? a perfect being has no need for worship since he is already perfect. But since ur God desires worship so much and would punish anyone thag would not give it to him this is an act of insecurity and contradicts the definition of jealous u gave earlier.

Let me ask u a honest qus. Do u think before u type with the excessive hate speech, I doubt. U are emotionally driven not intellectually driven.

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So says the advocate for Egyptian sorcery. grin grin

Can the demon possessed declare the truth of the gospel to be truth?
Truth of which gospel? even other Christian disagree with U I guess they are possessed too Ignorance sha..
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

Am sure it's obvious to anyone reading this who the dumb one is.

Again u prove ur God is insecure about non existing things. Why should he need worship badly? a perfect being has no need for worship since he is already perfect. But since ur God desires worship so much and would punish anyone thag would not give it to him this is an act of insecurity and contradicts the definition of jealous u gave earlier.

Let me ask u a honest qus. Do u think before u type with the excessive hate speech, I doubt. U are emotionally driven not intellectually driven.

Smh. au contraire madame... its obvious to everyone reading objectively that you are just bent on winning an argument instead of learning and admitting to your error. God isnt desperate for worship as you assume. You on the other hand are desperate for attention unlike God who remains God with or without worship. You are the insecure one as you shift goalposts randomly just to get a latch to hold on to.

If you do think before you type then that would be a eureka moment for you but i doubt you do as all you do is ramble on while looking for a loophole to exploit and when you see none you turn around and call the person a liar when its clear who the liar is here even after repeated corrections on the context of the word JEALOUS being referred to.

By the way let me ask you this, why do you spend so much time trying to explain or argue the content of scripture with everyone, me inclusive when you already have the solid foundation that the one mentioned in the scriptures (GOD) does not exist? Does this not show you as being the one emotionally driven beyond the control of your intelligence?

If indeed you say something does not exist why bother about it so much?

You claim to be a scientist so do you go back to an experiment which you have already proven to be false to try to to write a 500 page book on?

Stop deceiving yourself and stop being emotional. God exists and you need to intelligently deal with that and not emotionally.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by ValentineMary(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Smh. au contraire madame... its obvious to everyone reading objectively that you are just bent on winning an argument instead of learning and admitting to your error. God isnt desperate for worship as you assume. You on the other hand are desperate for attention unlike God who remains God with or without worship. You are the insecure one as you shift goalposts randomly just to get a latch to hold on to.

If you do think before you type then that would be a eureka moment for you but i doubt you do as all you do is ramble on while looking for a loophole to exploit and when you see none you turn around and call the person a liar when its clear who the liar is here even after repeated corrections on the context of the word JEALOUS being referred to.

By the way let me ask you this, why do you spend so much time trying to explain or argue the content of scripture with everyone, me inclusive when you already have the solid foundation that the one mentioned in the scriptures (GOD) does not exist? Does this not show you as being the one emotionally driven beyond the control of your intelligence?

If indeed you say something does not exist why bother about it so much?

You claim to be a scientist so do you go back to an experiment which you have already proven to be false to try to to write a 500 page book on?

Stop deceiving yourself and stop being emotional. God exists and you need to intelligently deal with that and not emotionally.

It is obvious u have no more points to make because many things u said here contradicts what u said earlier.

I bother about it because silly things are dont in its name.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
ValentineMary:

It is obvious u have no more points to make because many things u said here contradicts what u said earlier.

I bother about it because silly things are dont in its name.

I bother about you because you may soon require psychiatric evaluation for assuming that silly things are done in Gods name whom you say does not exist . Just like your argument which to me is silly is being done in your name.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by felixomor: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

But Ur God prophecies it that's the point it must still happen Why God Say So.. U have no excuse God killed them

Hehehe, Ignorance speaks loudly
So if i prophecy that a nation will see famine, i am the one who caused the famine.

Eiya.....case closed.
I pity such line of thinking!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
felixomor:

Hehehe, Ignorance speaks loudly
So if i prophecy that a nation will see famine, i am the one who caused the famine.

Eiya.....case closed.
I pity such line of thinking!
But it happened so what's Ur problem?? That it shouldn't happen??
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

But it happened so what's Ur problem?? That it shouldn't happen??
ur moniker says it all. Do the needful and kill yourself. Waste of space

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
Proffdada:
ur moniker says it all. Do the needful and kill yourself. Waste of space
Common sense U don't have!!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Common sense U don't have!!
u with common sense ,u ought to be ashamed you're still living

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
Proffdada:
u with common sense ,u ought to be ashamed you're still living
cheesy Come and kill me Na is that not what Ur Bible teaches blood suckers
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Proffdada: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

cheesy Come and kill me Na is that not what Ur Bible teaches blood suckers
your lack of sense is already killing you. I don't need to waste precious energy

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Proffdada:
your lack of sense is already killing you. I don't need to waste precious energy
grin Look at who is Talking
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by goodguygonebad: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
I have scanned some of the recent posts. I will make a few comments

1) Someone mentioned Pascal's wager. Unfortunately, that person (acclaimed atheist) was the first person to mention it here. That notwithstanding, If other theories as proposed by same Pascal was accept in scientific fields, where would you want to reject this particular proposition?

2)Some have mentioned the fact of morality and from whence it can be derived. My thoughts are simple. Object morality can only be derived and must be valid in all conditions. As an example, F=ma is valid in all systems. Even quantum mechanically, Hamiltonians are proposed with respect to a particles equation of motion. That said, it's impossible for you to live in a world where there's ONLY subjective morality. What I mean by this is simple. What might be immoral to you, could turn out to be moral for me. A lion preys on a Zebra in the wild, if the lion doesn't see any reason to feel bad, what reason do I have not to prey on a fellow human? To the Lion, he's just getting his meal, to the Zebra, he's being made food. Life in the wild continues. Man needs an OBJECTIVE source of morality which can't be obtained in the Lab, in parliament or in the street.

3) I have observed the view of most people here is an expectation of a being in the flesh as God, a God who constantly interferes in the affairs of men. Where was God when so and so people were murdered? What did God do when so and so PERSON did so and so. While this still borders on my second point above, it is pertinent to know that God is outside the concept of spacetime therefore trying to understand him using the principles governing this part of spacetime is an exercise in futility.

I also see beyond this particular question, a people who would prefer being robots controlled by God, with him determining everything they do. It's hard to believe that's the kind of life you would want. Same people have the ability to have this discussion are the ones expecting God to interfere in everything Hmmmmm

I rest my case for now
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Niflheim(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
@Cloud goddess,

I love the part where you described religion as a child holding on to his "stuffed animal"!!! Comparing religion to Humanism is like comparing human feces to human faces!!! Humanism should be placed on a throne, while religion should be relegated to the dust-bin!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm / El-zakzaky’s Group Visits Church On New Year Day (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.