Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion (29449 Views)

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God / Can Morality Exist Without Religion? / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
ValentineMary:

Hmmm but why would aperfect being be jealous!!? jealousu stems from insecurity. Too bad that a perfect almighty being would be jealous for humans attention. [/i]

Go through the meaning again. Jealous as applied to God means to be protective, defensive, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous, attentive. Only a powerful being can do these things and it has nothing to do with insecurity! The insecure ones are the creature and not their creator. Only the maker can offer adequate protection, defense, vigilance, watchfulness, take heed, be mindful, careful, attentive to His Creation.

His Jealousy is not the kind that you ladies have for one another. That aspect is not in Gods makeup same way God cannot lie.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

Evolution did read the write up. COPY and paste?? Nigga I took it from my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3290033/being-good-without-god

Educate urself if U want to

I am already educated thank you very much. You on the other hand are not thinking deep enough. I asked you a simple question; How do you know what is good from what is not especially if we could easily say good is bad while bad is good and you are getting worked up.

Follow my thought train and answer the question.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Religion and genuine love for Christ are two different things entirely.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by engrchykae(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=AmenRa1 post=48599452][/quote]don't call it humanism because humans don't rever,,worship or fear fellow humans.
humans need something higher. in. intelligence,power etc,a God
do you. know why igbos and hausas are still alive on earth.
Islam encouraged its adherents to kill while Christianity threatened us with hell.
you will. not like to imagine what will happen if our religion equally taught us kill and. have mansions and fat accounts in heaven.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Go through the meaning again. Jealous as applied to God means to be protective, defensive, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous, attentive. Only a powerful being can do these things and it has nothing to do with insecurity! The insecure ones are the creature and not their creator. Only the maker can offer adequate protection, defense, vigilance, watchfulness, take heed, be mindful, careful, attentive to His Creation.

His Jealousy is not the kind that you ladies have for one another. That aspect is not in Gods makeup same way God cannot lie.
Lets go through the stuff without cherry picking !
Exo 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Now repeat that stupid statement u told Valentinmary
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I am already educated thank you very much. You on the other hand are not thinking deep enough. I asked you a simple question; How do you know what is good from what is not especially if we could easily say good is bad while bad is good and you are getting worked up.

Follow my thought train and answer the question.
How could Animals Like Dog & Cat Or Even Monkeys Show Emotions For Each Other If They Don't Know Right from wrong?? Why does the mother baboon cry when her baby dies??

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by cloudgoddess(f): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
stephenmorris:
my small brain could not process all you said grin grin grin grin but u are really a great teacher and great writer will you mind if i share your post as a guest author on my blog http://justhinkingh..com.ng/
Ahaha. Thank you so much! I would be honored smiley
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by cloudgoddess(f): 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
cloudgoddess: Thank for writing this.
Thanks for reading it all, haha smiley

It amazes me that you actually read/care for my posts. I've been quite star struck tongue

2 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by am0sn0nyu: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
neocortex:

Playing with words doesn't change anything, I don't see any practical point in trying to differentiate between
tribalism and tribal discrimination when it is clear to all that the discrimination itself stems from tribalism.

If I do not focus on what makes me different from you, why will I hate you ?
Did you read this post at all ? If you did, you would understand that I only differentiate what it is to mean by tribalism and what is not but usually and erroneously referred to as tribalism.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

Lets go through the stuff without cherry picking !
Exo 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Now repeat that stupid statement u told Valentinmarry

Your venom is very understandable for an atheist which is why morality is far from you but let me help your ignorance using the very same Scripture you quoted

Exo 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. ......................WHO WAS GOD REFERRING TO? HIS PEOPLE OR STRANGERS?

FOR I THE LORD THY GOD AM A JEALOUS (PROTECTIVE, MINDFUL, CAREFUL, DEFENSIVE ) GOD.

Let me explain this to you in simple English.

People of old worshipped gods based on any of the following reasons

Protection, defense, sustenance and so on and God said i am all that to you and more so you need not seek these things elsewhere. Thats what God meant by being Jealous.

You cannot describe the interior furnishings of a house from the outside. Likewise you cannot grasp an understanding of scripture without the Holy spirit.

I hope you have been enlightened.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

How could Animals Like Dog & Cat Or Even Monkeys Show Emotions For Each Other If They Don't Know Right from wrong?? Why does the mother baboon cry when her baby dies??

Are you a baboon or a dog or a cat or a monkey? Speak for yourself!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Your venom is very understandable for an atheist which is why morality is far from you but let me help your ignorance using the very same Scripture you quoted

Exo 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. ......................WHO WAS GOD REFERRING TO? HIS PEOPLE OR STRANGERS?

FOR I THE LORD THY GOD AM A JEALOUS (PROTECTIVE, MINDFUL, CAREFUL, DEFENSIVE ) GOD.

Let me explain this to you in simple English.

People of old worshipped gods based on any of the following reasons

Protection, defense, sustenance and so on and God said i am all that to you and more so you need not seek these things elsewhere. Thats what God meant by being Jealous.

You cannot describe the interior furnishings of a house from the outside. Likewise you cannot grasp an understanding of scripture without the Holy spirit.

I hope you have been enlightened.
This Is pure Rubbish Execpt maybe U don't understand English which I would correct you now!

[b]Exo 20:2 I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
What Does thee represent? It represent the people of Israelite Brought Out From Egypt! God here is talking to them! Telling them that he brought them out from bondage

God is telling them not to worship another God Apart From Him! Meaning They Were Other Gods Eg Baal!! Now If I Tell My Friend Do Not Worship Any Other Person Apart From Me What Does That Signify??

God Here Is Still Telling Them Not To Mk Any Image Or Craft Anything To Worship!!

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;[/b]
Now repeat that stupid statement u told Valentinmary
HEAR God Sum Up Everything By Saying Thou Shall Not Bow thyself To Them Who Is Them?? For I the lord am a jealous God!! If U Bow To Them I'll Be Jealous!! It's as simple as that except U don't understand English even a kid understand that simple statement
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Are you a baboon or a dog or a cat or a monkey? Speak for yourself!
grin U are loosing the argument!! If U can't Grab the point there Are we not all Animals? The same Oxytocin that Mk those animal know Right from wrong sad from happy Is the same working on me to!!

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

This Is pure Rubbish Execpt maybe U don't understand English which I would correct you now!

What Does thee represent? It represent the people of Israelite Brought Out From Egypt! God here is talking to them! Telling them that he brought them out from bondage

God is telling them not to worship another God Apart From Him! Meaning They Were Other Gods Eg Baal!! Now If I Tell My Friend Do Not Worship Any Other Person Apart From Me What Does That Signify??

God Here Is Still Telling Them Not To Mk Any Image Or Craft Anything To Worship!!

HEAR God Sum Up Everything By Saying Thou Shall Not Bow thyself To Them Who Is Them?? For I the lord am a jealous God!! If U Boy To Them I'll Be Jealous!! It's as simple as that except U don't understand English even a kid understand that simple statement

Your post above is exactly why i say you know nothing about Scripture.

There were gods in Egypt which the Israelite had been exposed to so they had to warned against them after God brought them out....Note that their liberation from Egypt had already been foretold before they even went into Captivity so as far as God was concerned Ignorance was not an excuse for them.

However those gods were not Gods problem... the people were so He had to reassure them that He would be there for them which is where the word JEALOUS came in. You must also note that even when they were being brought out of Egypt when they encountered hunger and thirst in the desert many of them wanted to go back to egypt simply because of food and drink so the urge was already in them.

You really need to stop being hasty. You being an Atheist cannot teach me a Believer what you think you know about the Word of God because you know absolutely NOTHING!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

grin U are loosing the argument!! If U can't Grab the point there Are we not all Animals? The same Oxytocin that Mk those animal know Right from wrong sad from happy Is the same working on me to!!

smh...i wonder why intelligence is a struggle with you. My talk is with you a human and instead of focusing on that you switch to animals but you never explained how oxytocin taught itself right or wrong or why right is right and wrong is wrong an how we tell the difference if we could easily switch them around.

You really need to apply your intelligence because you are not doing so as yet...instead you are beginning to lose your temper which is a classic case of an attempt to derail.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

[b]Your post above is exactly why i say you know nothing about Scripture.
And U are the one that have understandings of it??

There were gods in Egypt which the Israelite had been exposed to so they had to warned against them after God brought them out....Note that their liberation from Egypt had already been foretold before they even went into Captivity so as far as God was concerned Ignorance was not an excuse for them.

However those gods were not Gods problem... the people were so He had to reassure them that He would be there for them which is where the word JEALOUS came in. You must also note that even when they were being brought out of Egypt when they encountered hunger an thirst in the desert many of them wanted to go back to egypt simply because of food and drink so the urge was already in them.
U are not making any sense!! I can't Teach U English Again pls it's frustrating

You really need to stop being hasty. You being an Atheist cannot teach me a Believer what you think you know about the Word of God because you know absolutely NOTHING! [/b]
And U that can't interprete simple English is the one that can teach me??
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

And U are the one that have understandings of it??

U are not making any sense!! I can't Teach U English Again pls it's frustrating

And U that can't interprete simple English is the one that can teach me??

Scripture is not a novel. It is spiritually discerned so i understand your frustration. Anything else?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

smh...i wonder why intelligence is a struggle with you. My talk is with you a human and instead of focusing on that you switch to animals but you never explained how oxytocin taught itself right or wrong or why right is right and wrong is wrong an how we tell the difference if we could easily switch them around.

You really need to apply your intelligence because you are not doing so as yet...instead you are beginning to lose your temper which is a classic case of an attempt to derail.
You are not going anywhere here O if U like insulte me up and down the point is that U can't win this argument!!

If U had read the write up from beginning to end you'll understand how the hormones work together with the brain and store info in the DNA Thats Is later passed down generations fears anger love compassion all this are passed down due to experience!!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

You are not going anywhere here O if U like insulte me up and down the point is that U can't win this argument!!

If U had read the write up from being to end you'll understand how the hormones work together with the brain and store info in the DNA Thats Is later passed down generations fears anger love compassion all this are passed down due to experience!!

If your aim is to win an argument then sorry because that is not my aim. You want an award or a medal? Go get it!

If you cannot answer a simple question i asked and you want to take me to someone elses article which you copied then we cannot communicate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Scripture is not a novel. It is spiritually discerned so i understand your frustration. Anything else?
It this the best U could come up with when U lost ayaaaa sorry
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If your aim is to win an argument then sorry because that is not my aim. You want an award or a medal? Go get it!

If you cannot answer a simple question i asked and you want to take me to someone elses article which you copied then we cannot communicate.
Lol it's my article and not someone else! And I have already answered Ur question.....winning argument? No m Educating U!!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by delishpot: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
ValentineMary:

It is good now that u are spotting the condradictions urself. After God said he is the only one, he later said he is jealous. How can he be jealous if he is the only one

And for the original hebrew Torah, it shows pious fraud in christianity. The ancient hebrew were polytheist that's why they said Elohim meaning Gods but christianity which is a monotheist religion adopted this text for a single God Yahweh. So the foundation is even false. Hmmm

Did I argue over this fact? I said from the beginning my own opinion. I am not spotting any contradiction "Now" if you read from the beginning you would find my own opinion.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

It this the best U could come up with when U lost ayaaaa sorry

I lost? Really? I never knew you craved victory so bad you had to be a judge and a jury. Shows your desperation.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

Lol it's my article and not someone else! And I have already answered Ur question.....winning argument? No m Educating U!!

More like educating yourself.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I lost? Really? I never knew you craved victory so bad you had to be a judge and a jury. Shows your desperation.
How does it feel to be Educated??
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

More like educating yourself.
AmenRa1:

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
AmenRa1:

Your desperation is pitiful!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Your desperation is pitiful!
AmenRa1:

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by eph12(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
ValentineMary:

How did u get one like u somehow managed to ignore the verses thay says I am the only God. Na wa for u theist. Are u guys this dumb in real life?
Hmmm I need to spell everything out for you? This is strange. Atheist are usually the smarter ones. In case you weren't told, there is a difference between God and god. Yes the Bible says there is only one God but many gods. See the difference? Good!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Ghost01(m): 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
femi4:
I stopped reading at a point you said prayer is talking to oneself
Isn't that the actual truth?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by femi4: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ghost01:
Perhaps you want to get a dictionary
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ghost01:

You responded to someones post. You have not seen or heard the persons voice before but you responded to his post....are you talking to yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin: Peter Obi Is My Friend, Befriend Him Too / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? / 10-Year-Old Twin Boys Born Deaf & Dumb Healed By God Of Chosen (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.