Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Edo 2016: I Am My Own Man - Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2016: I Am My Own Man - Obaseki (563 Views)

Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal / Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker / Edo 2016: Obaseki Campaings In Atlanta & New York, USA(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2016: I Am My Own Man - Obaseki by gbollybakare: 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Edo 2016: I am My Own Man - Obaseki
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate, Mr Godwin Obaseki has declared that he is own man as he dismissed insinuation that he is a puppet of incumbent governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomole noting that those who have lived off the state’s resources are the ones behind such claims.
Obaseki, who spoke in an interview in Benin City, the Edo state capital, explained that his vision is to build on what the APC government has done in the state for the past eight years.
The APC Governorship candidate explained that he was part of the main architects for the design of the current administration and that he has always had a voice in deciding the affairs of the state.
He ruled out doing anything radically different from what Oshiomole is doing as governor.
According to him, “There is nothing that has been done that I have not been part of. But sit back and think about it, what have we not done in the last eight years which we need to change? So when I hear people talk about remote control, yes, if I am going to be remote controlled to build more roads is that not good remote control?
“If I am going to be remote controlled to build more schools, to create jobs (is that not good remote controlled?) But I cannot be remote controlled to take public funds and distribute to people who are not adding value.
“So the noise you are hearing today is (from) people who want us to change that model of the last eight years where we have come in and effectively managed the resources of the state to try and put in place pro people policies.
“So the narrative you are hearing about Obaseki not being his own man...I don’t see myself doing anything radically different, in fact my goal is to progress on what we have started in the last eight years, which is essentially to try and get our people out of poverty and try getting the limited resources we have to more of our people and not just the few who have lived off the state.
“That’s the challenge. That’s the politics. That’s the argument. I am my own man,” he stressed.
Re: Edo 2016: I Am My Own Man - Obaseki by Jirate(m): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
Op, where is your source?
Re: Edo 2016: I Am My Own Man - Obaseki by thesicilian: 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
I bet Oshiomole told you to say that. Because all this while it has always been Oshiomole at the forefront of your campaign
Re: Edo 2016: I Am My Own Man - Obaseki by Justiyke4u: 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
Reminds me of "I'm my own grand pa
Re: Edo 2016: I Am My Own Man - Obaseki by MONITZ: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
Shataaap there, who re u politically in Edo state and y is Oshiobaba always following u to every rally?

We ve heard statements like this countless times bt they ve all turned out to be "washy"

Kenneth Imasuagbon and some other politicians like him re known despite not occupying any office or aligning with any of the present or past state governors,but u were not known hitherto and all of a sudden out of nowhere someone somewhere props u up to continue his grip on the state treasury.

It is well...

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Inspects Ibrabi Gtammar School Renovation / Can You Fix This Car Within 6months? Pic. / Edo Guber: APC Behind Call To Postpone Saturday’s Election – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.