Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling (8362 Views)

I Support One Nigeria But We Must Restructure - Orji Kalu / Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / Why The Lebanese & Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria (Buhari) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Success in Business is all about quality information. Most Nigerians lack access to information and some who have information are not able to raise capital to bring their dreams into reality. Read this interesting revelation:

"Recently I was telling a friend that Cool FM, Wazobia FM, Nigeria Info, Wazobia TV, Cool Link, Chocolate Royal, etc., are all owned by an individual. The guy shouted that this couldn't be true!

So, when I further told him that these companies are infact owned by a foreigner, a Lebanese, the guy almost punched my fine face.

Most Nigerians currently feel like hanging Mr. President.

Particularly, the importers, due to the dollar rise. I've been feeling the same way too, until I had an encounter with a Chinese guy, and I've since realized that i was just naive.

This Chinese guy has a factory that manufactures furniture here in Nigeria. One of his raw materials is wood, which he sources from Nigeria, because Nigerian wood is cheap and of the best quality.

But he has to import other accessories.

However, one of the amazing things he does, since the rise of the dollar, is that he has been importing accessories, yet he has not increased the price of his products.

How come?
The guy has put his wife in charge of the factory, while he spends most of his time in Shagamu, Ogun State, buying timber and exporting to China.

The money from the exported timber that was supposed to be transferred back to him here in Nigeria, is being used to buy the furniture accessories he uses for production.

By so doing, he doesn't need to buy dollar.

So he told me: "Emmanuel, I don't have problem with dollar rising to N500...because I don't need it for anything."

He said his Indian friend does the same thing with Ginger export.

So the Indians, the Chinese and the Lebanese are busy coming up with strategies that have defied the dollar challenge, while Nigerians are shouting 'dollar is high'.

Well...here's food for thought o, my fellow Nigerians.

<<<CLICK Here To Continue READING>> http://naijabizcom.com/2016/08/16/how-lebanese-chinese-are-making-it-in-nigeria-but-our-people-are-struggling/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Heromaniaa: 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Khd95(m): 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
Iyam coming

I wee comment later cry
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Dinocarex(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Smart Business brain by the Lebanese and Chinese!
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Abra4real(m): 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
We suppose use Ghana Must Go bag pack those people back to their countries.

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by 9jii(m): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Dangote is doing the same thing these people are doing
That's why he succeeded.

But When your biz idea is to turn your country into a dumping ground with importation, you are just selfish businessman tryin to gaining at the expense of people. You're just killing the economy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Abraham4christ(m): 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Guys have started selling guns...Since Nigerian are preparing for war.

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by babasolution: 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nigerians are dull,ds wicked,chinese,labanese and indians,should be made to pay high taxes on every single transaction dey do,nigerians dat are in government should think of creative ways to nigerians tthese peoples businesses,they mk a hell whole lot of money here,while treating nigerians with utter disdain and contempt,i cant even imagining wat goes on in their brains,they must be thinking this black people are truly monkeys.

7 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is not new in fact they've visually taking over everything from biscuits, sweet, dettol, rubber plastics, rubber slippers ,just name it. Its only few companies Nigerians can boost of ,and as at that they do collaborate with foreigners. No one is ready to build factories, all we are waiting for is Papa God to pick our call and give us our own share of our national cake from our "oyel".
This is a real wake up call.

28 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by onnenka: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nice one
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by mikolo80: 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
babasolution:
Nigerians are dull,ds wicked,chinese,labanese and indians,should be made to pay high taxes on every single transaction dey do,nigerians dat are in government should think of creative ways to nigerians tthese peoples businesses,they mk a hell whole lot of money here,while treating nigerians with utter disdain and contempt,i cant even imagining wat goes on in their brains,they must be thinking this black people are truly monkeys.
what makes them wicked.?
Making you work hard?
Why should they pay different tax?
When they leave, Who will provide job for your lazy indolent inept incompetent asss?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by mikolo80: 11:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Abra4real:
We suppose use Ghana Must Go bag pack those people back to their countries.
so that you will have excuse for being jobless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by mikolo80: 11:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
Fame333:
This is not new in fact they visually taking over everything from biscuits, sweet, dettol, rubber plastics, rubber slippers just name it. Its only few companies Nigerians can boost of ,and as at that they do collaborate with foreigners. No one is ready to build factories, all we are waiting for is Papa God to pick our call and give us our own share of our national cake from our "oyel".
This is a real wake up call.
how e wan pick d flashing
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by tinkinjow: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
*sighs
Is this another excuse for Buhari?
Are they in milions that are succeeding? Don't u hv igbos in china doing better that millions of Chinese? What a simplistic lame talk.
Nawa o

3 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by basilo101: 12:16am On Aug 18, 2016
same ppl whose land these foreigners are exploiting will hate on his fellow country man for giving these imperialist a little bit of competition

2 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Abra4real(m): 12:43am On Aug 18, 2016
mikolo80:
so that you will have excuse for being jobless
Excuse wo niyen?
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 1:20am On Aug 18, 2016
These Lebanese /Chinese/Indians come to this country with enough capital, are tricky and are willing to reinvest all their profit into the business again, in sharp contrast with the show off complex of Nigerians (And many Africans too)

They have a strong support system within themselves too (loaning each other and giving assistance to each other)
This is rare amongst black man in Nigeria.

I know this because I don roll with these Lebanese guys before.
Lastly, some of them are into shady business too.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by mikolo80: 1:43am On Aug 18, 2016
Abra4real:

Excuse wo niyen?
that there is no job.
Somebody left his country to come and provide job for you and all you can do is lament

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Abra4real(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2016
mikolo80:
that there is no job.
Somebody left his country to come and provide job for you and all you can do is lament
Wise words from His Holiness Mikolo. But one question: can you go to their country and colonize them as they're doing here?
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abra4real:

Wise words from His Holiness Mikolo. But one question: can you go to their country and colonize them as they're doing here?

They are not colonizing us, our government is not just sensible and responsible, which is our fault, not theirs.
Besides these people own a lot of businesses in Western Europe and America, and they don't treat the people bad because they know that there would be a CONSEQUENCE.

But in Nigeria/Africa's case, it is the reverse.
The government will even connive with them to maltrear the masses.
Isn't there ministry of Labour?

4 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ConqueredWest: 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Naijabash:
Success in Business is all about quality information. Most Nigerians lack access to information and some who have information are not able to raise capital to bring their dreams into reality. Read this interesting revelation:

"Recently I was telling a friend that Cool FM, Wazobia FM, Nigeria Info, Wazobia TV, Cool Link, Chocolate Royal, etc., are all owned by an individual. The guy shouted that this couldn't be true!

So, when I further told him that these companies are infact owned by a foreigner, a Lebanese, the guy almost punched my fine face.

Particularly, the importers, due to the dollar rise. I've been feeling the same way too, until I had an encounter with a Chinese guy, and I've since realized that i was just naive.

This Chinese guy has a factory that manufactures furniture here in Nigeria. One of his raw materials is wood, which he sources from Nigeria, because Nigerian wood is cheap and of the best quality.

However, one of the amazing things he does, since the rise of the dollar, is that he has been importing accessories, yet he has not increased the price of his products.

How come?
The guy has put his wife in charge of the factory, while he spends most of his time in Shagamu, Ogun State, buying timber and exporting to China.

The money from the exported timber that was supposed to be transferred back to him here in Nigeria, is being used to buy the furniture accessories he uses for production.

So he told me: "Emmanuel, I don't have problem with dollar rising to N500...because I don't need it for anything."

So the Indians, the Chinese and the Lebanese are busy coming up with strategies that have defied the dollar challenge, while Nigerians are shouting 'dollar is high'.

<<<CLICK Here To Continue READING>> http://naijabizcom.com/2016/08/16/how-lebanese-chinese-are-making-it-in-nigeria-but-our-people-are-struggling/

What is special about what they are doing.? So many Nigerians advocated for this some months ago which I believe caught the attention of these foreigners.

I believe these guys read our comments on NL when this idea was discussed some months ago

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
ConqueredWest:

What is special about what they are doing.? So many Nigerians advocated for this some months ago which I believe caught the attention of these foreigners.

I believe these guys read our comments on NL when this idea was discussed some months ago

N why didnt they carry t out. Please don't use d,"no capital" excuse
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

N why didnt they carry t out. Please don't use d,"no capital" excuse
It is a valid excuse, though should not be limiting. Do you think these Lebanese guys come into Nigeria empty handed? They don't o... They come in with their warchests if you know what I mean

2 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ugosample:

It is a valid excuse, though should not be limiting.
Do you think these Lebanese guys come into Nigeria empty handed?
They don't o...
They come in with their warchests if you know what I mean

Thanks for your reply. D truth z that if u wait until u have t that much b4 u start, t just might not happen. We gat to start with whatever little we have n watch t grow from there. D down side however z that how many Nigerians r ready to start with little (even when they have d idea in their heads).... they'll rather sit complaining of how foreigners r taking over our businesses.... we r gradually beginning to sound like "xenophobic South-Africans"

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Abra4real(m): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ugosample:

They are not colonizing us, our government is not just sensible and responsible, which is our fault, not theirs.
Besides these people own a lot of businesses in Western Europe and America, and they don't treat the people bad because they know that there would be a CONSEQUENCE.

But in Nigeria/Africa's case, it is the reverse.
The government will even connive with them to maltrear the masses.
Isn't there ministry of Labour?
What I mean by "colonization" is "treating people bad." Settled?
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks for your reply. D truth z that if u wait until u have t that much b4 u start, t just might not happen. We gat to start with whatever little we have n watch t grow from there. D down side however z that how many Nigerians r ready to start with little (even when they have d idea in their heads).... they'll rather sit complaining of how foreigners r taking over our businesses.... we r gradually beginning to sound like "xenophobic South-Africans"

Another problem is our impatience as a people.
We want to start making money from our businesses sharp sharp to show off that we have arrived.
Moving with these Asians taught me a lot about how unserious we are as Africans.

Those guys will pull in all their money and effort towards building a business, while maintaining vvery few clothes, as opposed to an average Nigerian graduate that just started working 8 months ago, who will buy latest iPhone, expensive clothes, etc just to show off, instead of thinking of how to invest in his life, and when sack comes, he is back to square one.
You are how plain clothed they dress? If you see how much they have, your jaw will drop..

Our value system too is another problem altogether.
If I go on, it will fill up the space here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abra4real:
What I mean by "colonization" is "treating people bad." Settled?
Okay then. We are complicit here, and that is why.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by sorepco(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
U make total sence 2 me. But as a naija guy i ve no one in china or india to lookout for potential buyers or clients for my nigeria wood or charcoal or ginger. I have to source for dollar n go over thereto look for buyers. Source 4 dollars to stay at hotel.
U c if am in china n there is a recession n financial crisis as we ve in maija now...i wont trade in currency there to import...just get mysa..obi or ade in lagos to sell my 30 containers shipped from china and remit me dollars to make more purchases!!

Naijabash:

How come?

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by mikolo80: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abra4real:

we already are.
Why do you think Donald Trump keeps mentioning Nigeria.
Dem no gree born pikin
And foreigners are outnumbering them with attendant demographic consequences during elections.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:05am On Aug 19, 2016
sorepco:
U make total sence 2 me. But as a naija guy i ve no one in china or india to lookout for potential buyers or clients for my nigeria wood or charcoal or ginger. I have to source for dollar n go over thereto look for buyers. Source 4 dollars to stay at hotel.
U c if am in china n there is a recession n financial crisis as we ve in maija now...i wont trade in currency there to import...just get mysa..obi or ade in lagos to sell my 30 containers shipped from china and remit me dollars to make more purchases!!

I dont understand what u wrote, Sir. Must d trade be in dollars? For example, I tried buying stuffs on that American mobile store, Ebay I think, but d prices I saw when I converted t to naira were something else. Sp what did I do, I just ported to Souq (the UAE mobile shop) n the same product was cheaper there when i checked the price. So what Im trying to say z tht since dollars have increased, we should start trading in other currency.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by SIRTee15: 7:38am On Aug 19, 2016
Ugosample:

It is a valid excuse, though should not be limiting. Do you think these Lebanese guys come into Nigeria empty handed? They don't o... They come in with their warchests if you know what I mean
are u sure they brought any capital into these country..... I hear say Na our politicians dey give them money....
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 11:20am On Aug 19, 2016
SIRTee15:

are u sure they brought any capital into these country.....
I hear say Na our politicians dey give them money....

Many do.
Though some come empty handed, and their people who are already here give them cash to start something.

We black peeps don't help each other.
And it is very bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gowon Did Not Cede Bakassi - Akinjide / Photo:nigeria Army Officers Pleading With Shiites Yesterday To Stand Down / PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.