Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling (8406 Views)

I Support One Nigeria But We Must Restructure - Orji Kalu / Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / Why The Lebanese & Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria (Buhari) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ugosample:

Many do.
Though some come empty handed, and their people who are already here give them cash to start something.

We black peeps don't help each other.
And it is very bad.

You r right here,they tend to help each other better than we do. Whether in Nigeria or any other countries, these people tend to help themselves a lot especially the indians/chinese

But we here tend to do everything possible.to make sure no one gets more wealth than us
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

You r right here,they tend to help each other better than we do. Whether in Nigeria or any other countries, these people tend to help themselves a lot especially the indians/chinese

But we here tend to do everything possible.to make sure no one gets more wealth than us

That is the crab in a barrel mentality that is killing the black man.

Tribes trying to Outdo themselves
Families trying to Outdo themselves
Even Siblings and cousins, trying to Outdo themselves, striving to be the only star in the sky, smh

And you wonder why the continent is in this shape?

4 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by coolscott(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
babasolution:
Nigerians are dull,ds wicked,chinese,labanese and indians,should be made to pay high taxes on every single transaction dey do,nigerians dat are in government should think of creative ways to nigerians tthese peoples businesses,they mk a hell whole lot of money here,while treating nigerians with utter disdain and contempt,i cant even imagining wat goes on in their brains,they must be thinking this black people are truly monkeys.
[size=13pt]And when they pay high taxes, into whose pockets will the money very likely find its way?
They are wicked because they are creatively solving problems and creating wealth in our country?
If you were them, doing so well in our country and you came across this write up here - what you have put up here - what would you think of the person that put it up?

More specifically, what would you think of the intelligence of the person who wrote the write-up?
[/size]
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by adconline(m): 11:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
9jii:
Dangote is doing the same thing these people are doing
That's why he succeeded.

But When your biz idea is to turn your country into a dumping ground with importation, you are just selfish businessman tryin to gaining at the expense of people. You're just killing the economy
Stop making using Dangote as an example. He was into importation from 1977 to late 2000s. So he made Naija a dumping ground??
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2018
How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Tyche(m): 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ugosample:

It is a valid excuse, though should not be limiting.
Do you think these Lebanese guys come into Nigeria empty handed?
They don't o...
They come in with their warchests if you know what I mean

They come with nothing but their ideas and our banks are more than willing to open our savings to them.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
Who is to blame for our woes?

Western imperialist white nations sabotaging our government, removing or sabotaging competent leaders and installing and propping up clueless corrupt ones and using their total control of our news media and their IMF loans to dictate economic policy.

Yes these businesses are circumventing the rise in the dollar by exporting, well they are able to do so because they have better business contacts in those their home countries than Nigerians.

The solution is to enter business partnerships with these foreign business people to help us more easily export our products and services to their countries.

2 Likes

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
Who is to blame for our woes?

Western imperialist white nations sabotaging our government, removing or sabotaging competent leaders and installing and propping up clueless corrupt ones and using their total control of our news media and their IMF loans to dictate economic policy.

Yes these businesses are circumventing the rise in the dollar by exporting, well they are able to do so because they have better business contacts in those their home countries than Nigerians.

The solution is to enter business partnerships with these foreign business people to help us more easily export our products and services to their countries.

An average black man is a traitor to his country

That's why the "imperialists" use them

Especially in French speaking Africa.

You will see their foolish aristocrats jostling to betray rgwue country for a pittance. A case in point is the assassination of Sankara.

It's a big shame

African business men will get there one day
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 12:54am On Mar 29, 2018
na tru
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by mikolo80: 1:26am On Mar 29, 2018
so they will not reveal your laziness abi
Abra4real:
We suppose use Ghana Must Go bag pack those people back to their countries.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by mikolo80: 1:27am On Mar 29, 2018
what stop you from collecting money from your politician
SIRTee15:

are u sure they brought any capital into these country.....
I hear say Na our politicians dey give them money....
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 2:35am On Mar 29, 2018
You should blame the imperialists not the traitors.

Every nation has traitors and when you are in Africa where nothing your country tries to do to develop ever works (because imperialists are sabotaging it seems more likely that more people could be persuaded to be traitors, because they are living in a society where hard work does not necessarily pay because of corruption instituted by imperialist nations).

Do you know that in the French speaking African nations, the French govt still collects a colonial tax? If the president of the Francophone country does not cooperate, he would likely be overthrown as happened in the case of Sankara and more recently, Gbabo.

Yes Africa will one day break free from these imperialist saboteurs who refuse to leave us alone to develop ; and when we do manage to break away from their bondage, we would become the greatest continent in the world.
Ugosample:

An average black man is a traitor to his country

That's why the "imperialists" use them

Especially in French speaking Africa.

You will see their foolish aristocrats jostling to betray rgwue country for a pittance. A case in point is the assassination of Sankara.

It's a big shame

African business men will get there one day

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ofodirinwa: 2:40am On Mar 29, 2018
Don't add Ndigbo to your suffering. We're doing the same thing as them, only you want us to suffer with you but you're ok with them prospering.

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by GeorgeTheCoder: 4:04am On Mar 29, 2018
Tyche:

They come with nothing but their ideas and our banks are more than willing to open our savings to them.

Not strictly true.
many chinese especially those into big business deemed to be of strategic importance to China eg mining, manufacturing trade, are supported directly by their governments. In addition, the chinese are very well educated - and that is something lacking in Nigeria.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 5:30am On Mar 29, 2018
Correct
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by orisa37: 5:59am On Mar 29, 2018
Heromaniaa:
They bring in their money and always count their costs.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
You should blame the imperialists not the traitors.

Every nation has traitors and when you are in Africa where nothing your country tries to do to develop ever works (because imperialists are sabotaging it seems more likely that more people could be persuaded to be traitors, because they are living in a society where hard work does not necessarily pay because of corruption instituted by imperialist nations).

Do you know that in the French speaking African nations, the French govt still collects a colonial tax? If the president of the Francophone country does not cooperate, he would likely be overthrown as happened in the case of Sankara and more recently, Gbabo.

Yes Africa will one day break free from these imperialist saboteurs who refuse to leave us alone to develop ; and when we do manage to break away from their bondage, we would become the greatest continent in the world.

That's not true.

French speaking countries don't pay colonial tax.

But the French companies have majority stake in many of their utility companies

You don't know how these francophone countries are, I've been there, I have mixed up with them, even some of their elite and diplomats, so I know what I am saying

These people are ready to betray rgwue countries just to become the leader.

And Gbagbo was a terrible president, he used the Mugabe rhetoric, but it did not work.

What Africans need to do is to be more patriotic, and think of the gain of their country first before themselves
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 9:35am On Mar 29, 2018
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
Did you even do your research before asserting that France doe not demand colonial tax?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/frances-colonial-tax-still-enforced-for-africa-bleeding-africa-and-feeding-france/5547512

The same way you stated without research that France doesn't charge colonial tax you are stating that Gbagbo was a terrible president without presenting any evidence. Gbagbo was a democratically elected president overthrown forcefully by France, this is the fact.
Ugosample:

That's not true.

[b]French speaking countries don't pay colonial tax.

[/b]But the French companies have majority stake in many of their utility companies

You don't know how these francophone countries are, I've been there, I have mixed up with them, even some of their elite and diplomats, so I know what I am saying

These people are ready to betray rgwue countries just to become the leader.

And Gbagbo was a terrible president, he used the Mugabe rhetoric, but it did not work.

What Africans need to do is to be more patriotic, and think of the gain of their country first before themselves
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
Did you even do your research before asserting that France doe not demand colonial tax?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/frances-colonial-tax-still-enforced-for-africa-bleeding-africa-and-feeding-france/5547512

The same way you stated without research that France doesn't charge colonial tax you are stating that Gbagbo was a terrible president without presenting any evidence. Gbagbo was a democratically elected president overthrown forcefully by France, this is the fact.

I travel across francophone Africa, so I know what I'm saying

Ivory coast has been in my itinery for long, so I know (I saw with my eyes, the irreparable damage he, Bedie and the other tool did to that country) so don't tell me that

And as for the colonial tax, I stand on it that such payments stopped long ago

The thing that I don't understand is why ivory coast for example still have to pay rent to France for tgeue legislative house (France built it, so France considers it their property,)

and France is also in charge of their monetary policies, but it came with a price, that ALL debts must be guaranteed by France (which means that the lenders will hold France if the African country does not pay)

there are others, such as French companies such as Bolloré Orange Air France etc hold sway in these countries

I know about all these, because I SAW it, and EXPERIENCED it.

Gbagbo deserves to DIE for the thing he did to CIV

Damaging all the work Fèlix laid down
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2018
I provided a link that proves colonial tax is still being charged by France you only response is to repeat without providing and links to back you up, that colonial taxes stopped long ago. Clearly I am wasting my time debating the issue with, because you cannot stop making untrue assertions that have no evidence to support them.
Ugosample:

I travel across francophone Africa, so I know what I'm saying

Ivory coast has been in my itinery for long, so I know (I saw with my eyes, the irreparable damage he, Bedie and the other tool did to that country) so don't tell me that

And as for the colonial tax, I stand on it that such payments stopped long ago

The thing that I don't understand is why ivory coast for example still have to pay rent to France for tgeue legislative house (France built it, so France considers it their property,)

and France is also in charge of their monetary policies, but it came with a price, that ALL debts must be guaranteed by France (which means that the lenders will hold France if the African country does not pay)

there are others, such as French companies such as Bolloré Orange Air France etc hold sway in these countries

I know about all these, because I SAW it, and EXPERIENCED it.

Gbagbo deserves to DIE for the thing he did to CIV

Damaging all the work Fèlix laid down
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
I provided a link that proves colonial tax is still being charged by France you only response is to repeat without providing and links to back you up, that colonial taxes stopped long ago. Clearly I am wasting my time debating the issue with, because you cannot stop making untrue assertions that have no evidence to support them.

I saw that link years ago from the original source (the so called "peace ambassador" who wrote that thing)
I made my personal findibfs and found out that IT IS NOT TRUE.

Yes, some French countries used to pay colonial tax because they were scared that the infrastructures may be destroyed the same way it was done to guinea, but now, none of such exists anymore.

It's the strangle hold France has on their monetary policies, as well as these countries paying rent to buildings that was built long ago that is the main issue that these francophone countries are grappling with

You can choose to believe anything you want, but as the French will say, ça change rien

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-14-African-countries-are-still-forced-to-pay-colonial-taxes-to-France

Check out this link.

I could ask my friends to search me the article that debunks this colonial tax thing, but explain in detail how France is profiting off the monetary policies, reserves and dodgy contracts, but you will not understand it, parce que vous parlez pas français
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 1:01am On Mar 30, 2018
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
From the source you provided yourself :

"The fact is that France holds, owns and profits from interest on the foreign currency reserves of 15 African states who must deposit 65% (down from 100% where it started) of their foreign exchange reserves and all revenue earned outside of the Union, into a Central Bank in France. This means that after paying just 0.75% in interest to the African states, the French government keeps the rest."
This describes how the colonial tax is collected.
Ugosample:

I saw that link years ago from the original source (the so called "peace ambassador" who wrote that thing)
I made my personal findibfs and found out that IT IS NOT TRUE.

Yes, some French countries used to pay colonial tax because they were scared that the infrastructures may be destroyed the same way it was done to guinea, but now, none of such exists anymore.

It's the strangle hold France has on their monetary policies, as well as these countries paying rent to buildings that was built long ago that is the main issue that these francophone countries are grappling with

You can choose to believe anything you want, but as the French will say, ça change rien

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-14-African-countries-are-still-forced-to-pay-colonial-taxes-to-France

Check out this link.

I could ask my friends to search me the article that debunks this colonial tax thing, but explain in detail how France is profiting off the monetary policies, reserves and dodgy contracts, but you will not understand it, parce que vous parlez pas français
""""
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
correct
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
From the source you provided yourself :

"The fact is that France holds, owns and profits from interest on the foreign currency reserves of 15 African states who must deposit 65% (down from 100% where it started) of their foreign exchange reserves and all revenue earned outside of the Union, into a Central Bank in France. This means that after paying just 0.75% in interest to the African states, the French government keeps the rest."
This describes how the colonial tax is collected.
""""

That money deposited could still be withdrawn by the countries if they want to (When Mali left the arrangement, they withdrew their money)

You need to understand how that monetary system works

France does not trust African countries to manage their monetary affairs, so they guarantee them a steady currency, but keeping the reserves is the price these countries have to pay for keeping the CFA stable, that's why the francophone countries don't suffer from galloping inflation the way Anglophone countries do.

Anyways it's ok.
believe what you want.

But those of us who knuw, know that France does not collect tax from their colonies in the 21st century.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 8:26am On Apr 01, 2018
True talk
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by maasoap(m): 9:23am On Apr 01, 2018
9jii:
Dangote is doing the same thing these people are doing
That's why he succeeded.

But When your biz idea is to turn your country into a dumping ground with importation, you are just selfish businessman tryin to gaining at the expense of people. You're just killing the economy
How are they turning Nigeria into dumping ground when what they import are items that are not readily available in Nigeria and they are also using it to make further production. What they are importing are not finished products but raw materials needed for their business.
As far as Dangote and other industrialists are concerned, you have no point.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 11:47am On Apr 01, 2018
Yeah they can withdraw the money if they want to get overthrown.
And even then they can only withdraw their original capital even if they are allowed to, but france keeps the interest they made on their money, this interest that france keeps is one of the ways they collect the ' colonial tax'
Ugosample:

That money deposited could still be withdrawn by the countries if they want to (When Mali left the arrangement, they withdrew their money)

You need to understand how that monetary system works

France does not trust African countries to manage their monetary affairs, so they guarantee them a steady currency, but keeping the reserves is the price these countries have to pay for keeping the CFA stable, that's why the francophone countries don't suffer from galloping inflation the way Anglophone countries do.

Anyways it's ok.
believe what you want.

But those of us who knuw, know that France does not collect tax from their colonies in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 11:51am On Apr 01, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Fails To Disclose National Assembly Budget / Ganduje Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage From December 2019 / Kaduna Baptist School: Bandits Release Another 15 Abducted Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.