Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling (8395 Views)

I Support One Nigeria But We Must Restructure - Orji Kalu / Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / Why The Lebanese & Chinese Continue To Prosper In Nigeria (Buhari) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
Who is to blame for our woes?

Western imperialist white nations sabotaging our government, removing or sabotaging competent leaders and installing and propping up clueless corrupt ones and using their total control of our news media and their IMF loans to dictate economic policy.

Yes these businesses are circumventing the rise in the dollar by exporting, well they are able to do so because they have better business contacts in those their home countries than Nigerians.

The solution is to enter business partnerships with these foreign business people to help us more easily export our products and services to their countries.
Yes you are very correct this business partnership will indeed help boost our economy

1 Like

Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
Yeah they can withdraw the money if they want to get overthrown.
And even then they can only withdraw their original capital even if they are allowed to, but france keeps the interest they made on their money, this interest that france keeps is one of the ways they collect the ' colonial tax'

Yea
France keeps the bulk of the interest

And gives them a pittance (it's now 1%)

It's the price they have to pay, for France guaranteeing their currency and debts.

That's why they have a more stable currency, and lower inflation than in Nigeria, Ghana, or Kenya.

this is NOT TAX na
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Its a tax because they have no say on whether to enter such an arrangement. Like I say if they disobey France they know that the Gbagbo treatment awaits them.
Nigeria is being sabotaged by the same white nations, they collecting their own form of colonial tax bydestablising our govt and stealing our resources, recall the stealing of $ 1trillion Malibu oil block for example.

Ugosample:

Yea
France keeps the bulk of the interest

And gives them a pittance (it's now 1%)

It's the price they have to pay, for France guaranteeing their currency and debts.

That's why they have a more stable currency, and lower inflation than in Nigeria, Ghana, or Kenya.

this is NOT TAX na
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
Its a tax because they have no say on whether to enter such an arrangement. Like I say if they disobey France they know that the Gbagbo treatment awaits them.
Nigeria is being sabotaged by the same white nations, they collecting their own form of colonial tax bydestablising our govt and stealing our resources, recall the stealing of $ 1trillion Malibu oil block for example.

I saw what Gbagbo did and to me, he deserves to die sef.

Gbagbo entrenched tribalism, "ivoirité" and also anti France sentiment in the country, while letting his country to decay.

It's Sankara that you can say was removed unjustly

And Besides, Francophone countries disobey France on a steady these days, especially Gabon and Congo, due to the Chinese incursion into Africa

To them, if France does not want to help them again, they should be thrown out, and China take over.

I traverse francophone Africa, so I know what is happening

the country that has refuse to have sense is Cameroon, but na their luck
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
No forceful removal of a democratically elected president can be just.
If you choose to be an apologist for neocolonialism does not make the sabotage of Africa right. In any case the point is that the Francophone nations' president do not willingly enter into the arrangement of the colonial tax, if the try to pull out of it tey would be removed like Gbagbo or Sankara or Mugabe or Jammeh or Gadaffi or Lumumba
Ugosample:

I saw what Gbagbo did and to me, he deserves to die sef.

Gbagbo entrenched tribalism, "ivoirité" and also anti France sentiment in the country, while letting his country to decay.

It's Sankara that you can say was removed unjustly

And Besides, Francophone countries disobey France on a steady these days, especially Gabon and Congo, due to the Chinese incursion into Africa

To them, if France does not want to help them again, they should be thrown out, and China take over.

I traverse francophone Africa, so I know what is happening

the country that has refuse to have sense is Cameroon, but na their luck
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
If you choose to be an apologist for neocolonialism does not make the sabotage of Africa right. In any case the point is that the Francophone nations' president do not willingly enter into the arrangement of the colonial tax, if the try to pull out of it tey would be removed like Gbagbo or Sankara or Mugabe or Jammeh or Gadaffi or Lumumba

Gbagbo lost the election and refused to leave,

NOTE THAT.

Thousands of Ivorians (and Some Nigerians too living there then) died because of Gbagbo. Don't twist the narrative.

You kept post poning elections, your term expired and you still wanted to cling to power, then finally when the country became too hot, you reluctantly organised an election that you refuse to step down and set your country up for civil war.

That's the person you are saying does not deserve to die?

You don't know how much Ivorians respect GEJ for what he did, And wished that "putain" did same in their country
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by ProYouAdminsUK: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
Not true, Gbagbo did not lose election, the French only claimed he lost as an excuse to overthrow Gbagbo because he stopped being their stooge. When elections are disputed the democratic thing to do is to go to court, which is what he did and he had won he decision of the courts.
Ugosample:

Gbagbo lost the election and refused to leave.
Gbagbo never cause the death of anybody you just an apologist for the French and their propaganda.
NOTE THAT.

Thousands of Ivorians (and Some Nigerians too living there then) died because of Gbagbo. Don't twist the narrative.

You kept post poning elections, your term expired and you still wanted to cling to power, then finally when the country became too hot, you reluctantly organised an election that you refuse to step down and set your country up for civil war.

That's the person you are saying does not deserve to die?

You don't know how much Ivorians respect GEJ for what he did, And wished that "putain" did same in their country
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
Not true, Gbagbo did not lose election, the French only claimed he lost as an excuse to overthrow Gbagbo because he stopped being their stooge. When elections are disputed the democratic thing to do is to go to court, which is what he did and he had won he decision of the courts.

Ok

I'll stop this talk about Gbagbo

You are obviously one of tgese "pan Africanists"
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 2:02am On Apr 03, 2018
!!!!
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
shocked
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Rosskii: 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ugosample:

Another problem is our impatience as a people.
We want to start making money from our businesses sharp sharp to show off that we have arrived.
Moving with these Asians taught me a lot about how unserious we are as Africans.

Those guys will pull in all their money and effort towards building a business, while maintaining vvery few clothes, as opposed to an average Nigerian graduate that just started working 8 months ago, who will buy latest iPhone, expensive clothes, etc just to show off, instead of thinking of how to invest in his life, and when sack comes, he is back to square one.
You are how plain clothed they dress? If you see how much they have, your jaw will drop..

Our value system too is another problem altogether.
If I go on, it will fill up the space here.

You're peddling racist stereotypes. If you go to India, the people there are more ostentatious than Nigerians. Their weddings are like festivals. Nigerian businessmen in India also live a low profile life in order to accumulate capital. It's the normal thing you do as a businessman in a foreign environment. So don't assume that because the Indians you see in Nigeria or UK/USA are prudent, that the same applies to all or most Indians in India. Corruption is very high there too.

And you need to go to Yaba Silicon Valley, Lagos, to see young NigerIan graduates pooling money together to form world class start-ups that are attracting serious local and foreign investor interest.

Finally, the entire thread is based on an absolute GARBAGE premise. That 'Lebanese and Indians' own just about everything worth owning in Nigeria. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you did your RESEARCH you would find that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of enterprises - manufacturing - services - finance and banking - leisure and hospitality - businesses in Nigeria are OWNED AND RUN BY NIGERIANS. If I post you the annual accounts of just two manufacturers in Nnewi, and a locally owned medicine manufacturer in Osun State, you will not mention Lebanese again.

We are a nation of 200 MILLION. How many Indians and Lebanese are here, that you will think they own all the main businesses in Nigeria?

Lesson: Stop dealing in stereotypes.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
Oga, from my experience, Lebanese and Indian businessmen are more disciplined than the Nigerians, especially at the start up level

I get it that you are a pro Nigeria/ give Nigeria a good image guy, but hey, it is what it is.

Though Igbos do well too, especially the ones who went through the "apprenticeships system".

It's Nigerians I see buying jeeps and living la vida loca when their stuff is still at infancy

well sha
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 5:12am On Apr 14, 2018
;;
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 12:22pm On May 14, 2018
grin
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Ugosample(m): 6:54pm On May 14, 2018
Naijabash:
grin
Wetin dey make this one laugh LMAO cheesy
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 9:57am On May 15, 2018
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Horus(m): 8:10am On May 21, 2018
The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria (illegal trade, drug smugling, etc, )
I think it's fundamentally important to cross-examine comprehensively Lebanese activities in the country. The Lebaneses get an official job to cover up dubious activities. Time is ripe to shed light on them before Nigeria finds itself unknowingly and unwillingly sponsoring terrorist activities and becomes disgraced internationally.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by kotv: 8:33am On May 21, 2018
India and Chinese are historically known as great business men and women. They are known to thrive even in the worst situation. Nigeria may be bad but that take advantage of the lack of opportunities from the government.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2018
... smiley
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2018
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2018
"""
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:29pm On May 26, 2018
Abra4real:

Wise words from His Holiness Mikolo. But one question: can you go to their country and colonize them as they're doing here?
wen i never colonise my conttri na anoda man contri i wan colonise? besides chinese and saudi are colonising them so iit's possible
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:31pm On May 26, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

N why didnt they carry t out. Please don't use d,"no capital" excuse
how wwee u do it without capital
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Kingspin(m): 6:35pm On May 26, 2018
According to some Nigerians, they ought to go back home and develop their land. They are immigrates. and don't belong here in Lagos. Yeye country.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by BabaRamota1980: 6:54pm On May 26, 2018
mikolo80:
what makes them wicked.?
Making you work hard?
Why should they pay different tax?
When they leave, Who will provide job for your lazy indolent inept incompetent asss?

They wont leave. They cannot get the same success in their country that they get here.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by BabaRamota1980: 8:00pm On May 26, 2018
Horus:
The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria (illegal trade, drug smugling, etc, )
I think it's fundamentally important to cross-examine comprehensively Lebanese activities in the country. The Lebaneses get an official job to cover up dubious activities. Time is ripe to shed light on them before Nigeria finds itself unknowingly and unwillingly sponsoring terrorist activities and becomes disgraced internationally.

The reason for the Lebanese in this country is they were brought in as refugees into Africa. They had suffered long periods of persecution under the Ottoman Empire. There is a ethnic group in old Lebanon called Druze or Drusi. They were originally people of Yemen, of the Qhatani tribe. They emigrated from Yemen up through Arabian plains into the mountains and valleys of Lebanon.

In the decision to settle them into Africa great care went into selection of host tribes to settle them into considering their roots and customs.

In Nigeria three groups were chosen as host for their recovery - Kanuri, Hausa and Yoruba.

Descendants of the refugees in Yorubaland can be found primarily in Ibadan, some in Lagos. They owned merchandise distribution posts and shops that border with colonial quarters in Lagos....Apapa, Ereko, Balogun, Tom Jones.

Oyo State First Lady is a descendant, so is the Chaghouri brothers, developers of Eko Atlantic City.

I dont know what happened to the descendants in Kano or Kanuri, maybe if there are Hausas and Kanuris here they can share.
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2018
Apply for Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment 2018/2019 – Apply Now >> https://naijabizcom.com/2018/05/28/federal-road-safety-corps-recruitment-2018-2019-apply-now/
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by Naijabash(m): 7:40pm On May 28, 2018
---
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by BumperNO: 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by BumperNO: 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:
Re: How Lebanese & Chinese Are Making It In Nigeria But Our People Are Struggling by BumperNO: 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Future Governments Will Struggle To Meet Buhari’s Records –Sagay / FG, States, Lgs Share N740, 880bn FAAC Allocation For August / Bandits Attack Zamfara Community, Kill Village Head And 19 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.