Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? (1310 Views)

All Children Go To Heaven When They Die, No Matter Their Parents' Belief / Where Would The Animals Go If They Die??? / Where Do People Go When They Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Rapmoney(m): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is one question I have been pondering on. In Nigeria, it's very easy to label someone as an atheist, making it very clear that many Nigerians don't even know the meaning of the word 'atheist' or 'atheism'. It's a common thing in this part of the world to see people as atheists when they try to question some religious dogmas that we have been made to believe for so long. Before you read further, it should be noted clearly that I'm not an atheist.

Different religious ideas abound in the world that give diverse descriptions of how humans started and how humans will end their journey. This has given me that personal conviction that the 'Supreme Force', who many see as a man with white beards, sitting above the clouds, does NOT even recognize any religion! The 'soul' is one vital aspect of the various religious ideas which is believed by many to leave the body at death. While some think the soul will face judgement thereafter, others think this same soul will continue to hover around.

If man knows where he's going to when he dies, how come he still doesn't know where the souls of animals go to when they stop breathing? To argue that animals do not have souls is just too crappy to accept. To ever nurse the feeling that the souls of animals die with them when they stop breathing is just too hypocritical to consider, when it's very clear that humans are animals too. Respiration, Reproduction, Feeding, Movement, etc are all common traits among humans and 'animals'. If we want to say the Supreme Being created man specially with the powers to think and create, and for that reason, should be entitled to a soul alone, animals think and create too! Look at the birds; can you weave the nests they make? Not even with your hands that can hold things like the prehensile tails of monkeys!

It seems man doesn't really know what becomes of him after death because if man knew, he would have used his knowledge to discover what happens to the 'souls' of animals that we all can see exhibiting life and emotions as we do in their various ways.

Readers' opinions are welcomed.
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by waxxydude: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
It just vanish.
Funny how the rat that ate the "life-time" original copy of an innocent nigga certificate, dies and just "VANISH". While person wey thief N20 inside market gets caught, recieve the beating of centuries, dies and the "go to hell" undecided
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Eddlad: 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
Rapmoney:
This is one question I have been pondering on. In Nigeria, it's very easy to label someone as an atheist, making it very clear that many Nigerians don't even know the meaning of the word 'atheist' or 'atheism'. It's a common thing in this part of the world to see people as atheists when they try to question some religious dogmas that we have been made to believe for so long. Before you read further, it should be noted clearly that I'm not an atheist.

Different religious ideas abound in the world that give diverse descriptions of how humans started and how humans will end their journey. This has given me that personal conviction that the 'Supreme Force', who many see as a man with white beards, sitting above the clouds, does NOT even recognize any religion! The 'soul' is one vital aspect of the various religious ideas which is believed by many to leave the body at death. While some think the soul will face judgement thereafter, others think this same soul will continue to hover around.

If man knows where he's going to when he dies, how come he still doesn't know where the souls of animals go to when they stop breathing? To argue that animals do not have souls is just too crappy to accept. To ever nurse the feeling that the souls of animals die with them when they stop breathing is just too hypocritical to consider, when it's very clear that humans are animals too. Respiration, Reproduction, Feeding, Movement, etc are all common traits among humans and 'animals'. If we want to say the Supreme Being created man specially with the powers to think and create, and for that reason, should be entitled to a soul alone, animals think and create too! Look at the birds; can you weave the nests they make? Not even with your hands that can hold things like the prehensile tails of monkeys!

It seems man doesn't really know what becomes of him after death because if man knew, he would have used his knowledge to discover what happens to the 'souls' of animals that we all can see exhibiting life and emotions as we do in their various ways.

Readers' opinions are welcomed.

From where you knew animals have a soul ask where they go after death,pretty simple.
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Rapmoney(m): 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
Eddlad:

From where you knew animals have a soul ask where they go after death,pretty simple.

So you believe animals do not have souls?
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by promise10: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
Rapmoney:
EXACTLY, animals have no soul, if what you are referring to is an eternal soul. I am not saying that there are type of souls.

The ONLY reason why man has an ETERNAL SOUL AND SPIRIT is because man was created in the image of an ETERNAL GOD.

So, for animals to have soul, means they were created after God's spirit(image) which is not so.
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by FearGodAndLive: 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nowhere. They are not yet intelligent enough to make up fables.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Ranchhoddas: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
You are a conundrum I am yet to decipher. Are you a Christian?
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by HCpaul(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
waxxydude:
It just vanish.
Funny how the rat that ate the "life-time" original copy of an innocent nigga certificate, dies and just "VANISH". While person wey thief N20 inside market gets caught, recieve the beating of centuries, dies and the "go to hell" undecided

Imagine ....
Animals will just vanish like that while human being will go to hell. It just shows how Christians are ignorant for not acknowledging that we and other animals belongs to the same family. We are lucky and fortunate to be the most intelligent of all.

I am as well going nowhere when I leave this world cuz I am an intelligent animal with some degree of subconsciousness and consciousness that seems to be immortal but settles in mortality. An attempt to separate us from other animal is pride and personalizing a wishful paradise is greediness and selfishness.

But because I hate these two things (greediness and selfishness), I disassemble my interest in a wishful heaven where the fools of earth will eternally dwell.

We all imagine but some folks are very greedy and selfish in their imaginations (loving an already built house that is made without hand instead of just planning to build one by themselves) .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by tempem: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
That's sweet!! kiss kiss

Ecclesiastes 3: 19-21 - "for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust. Who really knows whether the spirit of humans ascends upward, and whether the spirit of animals descends down to the earth? "

A lovely night ahead.
Rapmoney

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 18, 2016
Eternal Earthbound Pets
When the Rapture comes, and Christians are taken up to glory,what will happen to the loving pets they leave behind? That’s the question posed by one of the most original religious satires I’ve ever seen, a website called “Eternal Earthbound Pets” ( www.eternal-earthbound-pets.com ). The website claims to be a group of dedicated animal lovers who are also confirmed atheists, meaning they’ll still be on Earth after the Rapture leaves Christian pets ownerless. For a nominal fee of $135, Eternal Earthbound Pets guarantees that if the Rapture occurs within ten years of payment, one pet per residence would be cared for after the Christian owner is raptured away. The “company” confirms that each of their representatives had properly blasphemed in accordance with Mark 3:29, which promises that whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. That guarantees they will be left behind when Christ returns, leaving them free to provide the needed petsitting. In case anyone can’t decide whether it’s serious or satire, the website answers the most important question of all: Is this a joke? The answer: “Yes.”
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 18, 2016
promise10:

EXACTLY, animals have no soul, if what you are referring to is an eternal soul. I am not saying that there are type of souls.

The ONLY reason why man has an ETERNAL SOUL AND SPIRIT is because man was created in the image of an ETERNAL GOD.

So, for animals to have soul, means they were created after God's spirit(image) which is not so.
This is what happens when U have no basic knowledge of science!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Eddlad: 7:52am On Aug 18, 2016
Rapmoney:

Am trying to help u answer your question,how do u know animals have souls.
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by FearGodAndLive: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are a conundrum I am yet to decipher. Are you a Christian?
I'm atheist. How body? tongue
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by wirinet(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2016
You guys talk so much gibberish, you sound schizophrenic.

promise10:

So what exactly are you saying? Are there different types of souls or not?

These same " Animals have no soul" notion was the same argument that enabled Christians justify slavery and genocide against "African Savages" They were just branded animals and voila, they became soulless.

Please educate me what you mean by eternal soul and spirit. If the soul is eternal, then it was never created. Are you saying that you God is a MAN (probably a Jewish man with diick and all). What of women and hermaphrodites (yes some people are born with both sexes), in whose image were they created?

Please explain what you mean by "created after God's spirit", and why you think that animals were not created after this God's spirit.
Look at the picture of the chimpanzee below and tell me why you say it does not have a soul and spirit, while you do.

1 Like

Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Ranchhoddas: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
I'm atheist. How body? tongue
Body dey fine.
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Rapmoney(m): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
wirinet:
You guys talk so much gibberish, you sound schizophrenic.

So what exactly are you saying? Are there different types of souls or not?

These same " Animals have no soul" notion was the same argument that enabled Christians justify slavery and genocide against "African Savages" They were just branded animals and voila, they became soulless.

Please educate me what you mean by eternal soul and spirit. If the soul is eternal, then it was never created. Are you saying that you God is a MAN (probably a Jewish man with diick and all). What of women and hermaphrodites (yes some people are born with both sexes), in whose image were they created?

Please explain what you mean by "created after God's spirit", and why you think that animals were not created after this God's spirit.
Look at the picture of the chimpanzee below and tell me why you say it does not have a soul and spirit, while you do.

That guy's arguement is so baseless! It's an arguement that rests on dogmatic beliefs.
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Rapmoney(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Eddlad:

Am trying to help u answer your question,how do u know animals have souls.
Your conviction that animals have no souls lies in the usual religious dogmas we have all around us.

Tell me the characteristics of living things that man has which animals do not!
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Rapmoney(m): 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
HCpaul:

Imagine ....
Animals will just vanish like that while human being will go to hell. It just shows how Christians are ignorant for not acknowledging that we and other animals belongs to the same family. We are lucky and fortunate to be the most intelligent of all.

I am as well going nowhere when I leave this world cuz I am an intelligent animal with some degree of subconsciousness and consciousness that seems to be immortal but settles in mortality. An attempt to separate us from other animal is pride and personalizing a wishful paradise is greediness and selfishness.

But because I hate these two things (greediness and selfishness), I disassemble my interest in a wishful heaven where the fools of earth will eternally dwell.

We all imagine but some folks are very greedy and selfish in their imaginations (loving an already built house that is made without hand instead of just planning to build one by themselves) .

Nice post you have put together.

1 Like

Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Rapmoney(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
Seriously, this is kinda funny! Are you just playing with words or you are serious?
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by FearGodAndLive: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rapmoney:
Seriously, this is kinda funny! Are you just playing with words or you are serious?
Isn't it obvious?
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Eddlad: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
Your conviction that animals have no souls lies in the usual religious dogmas we have all around us.

How do u know humans have soul.
Re: Where Do The Souls Of Animals Go To When They Die? by Jozzy4: 10:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Rapmoney:

GBAM

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Almighty God Said About Yahweh / Funny Deliverance: A Pastor Wrestles A Mad Man. (photos) / PHOTO NEWS: Ijaw Nationalist Mike Ekayama Loyibo Bags Chieftancy Tittle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.