Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid (2465 Views)

Chow Chow, Boerboel, Gsd, Rottweiler Nd Many More Available / My Encounter With A Jiji.com 'pet-seller'/ Scammer / Strange Hybrid Animals You Never Knew Actualy Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
Here is a little details about an Alsatian/ Rottweiler hybrid I was met. it was a great experience, and I'm somewhat compelled to put up a write up about him. As at when I met him (Spike), I had no intentions of writing a diary. So if you are not too impressed with pictures, my humble apologies.

You can take a look at my previous thread when you are done reading this one.
https://www.nairaland.com/3291939/diary-visit-uncles-house#48574290

Please fasten you seat beat as you take a ride along my thread.
cc: ShenTeh

1 Like

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
One of my big sis from Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, "Geography and Regional Planning " to be precise, just came into the country briefly, to sort one or two things out. During my days as an undergrad., we were very close (though she was my elder brother's course-mate...). Her name is Folushade but I call her "sis Shade" or Shady-Chops- it was a nickname given to her, probably because she has chubby cheeks grin. Its been about three years I last saw her (which seemed like ages to me), but we maintained contacts on social media. Upon her arrival, I couldn't wait to fly to her place, especially to see her beautiful daughter physically (na only for picture I dey see her, and skype). I got the address to her house and off I went, after making necessary enquiries about how to find my way there.
I disembarked from the bike haven't located her house, and she came to receive me at the gate after pushing a call through to her, to announce my arrival. We exchanged pleasantries, and headed for inside the sitting room

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
She introduced me to her daughter who took her looks after her dad but wow... she is a compendium of beauty. I offered my hands to carry her, and she ran towards me (she was confident 'cause he mum was present). GBAM!!! Up I lifted her,high into the air. She let our some charming giggles as I tickled her. She put her hands round my neck and I was carrying her in my arms as I was parading the sitting room and stamping my feet on the ground like a soldier taking a routine patrol in a designated territory, even as I sang her some lullaby.
Her mum (Shady-Chops), offered me drinks and some classy biscuits to step it down while we got talking. She commented on how she see me use several dogs for my DP on BBM and said "You be Baba Alaja" (translation: you are a father of dogs). I smile and told her I loved dogs. I tried describing to her how much I loved dogs, but words couldn't describe it well (I think the word to describe such feelings, has not being invented yet). My second obsession is my love for dogs, with flying being my first (I have longed to be a successful and celebrated pilot right from when I could discern between my left and right hands).
She told me there was a dog in the house and my response was "In your house in the country you came from abi?". She said "In this house joor". I was so happy and I felt an ecstasy within me. "Where is the dog?" I inquired desperately. I was shocked when she told me it was outside, and that we passed through his cage on our way into the house. I felt angry within myself for not taking note of the cage. I also got a little curious why the dog didn't bark at me to announce his existence
Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
We stepped outside the main building into the compound and she pointed at the dogs cage "That's his cage. His name is Spike". Just as she mentioned his name, Spike peep out from his cage as if to ask Who goes there?
He didn't bark, and it made efforts to approach his. He growled (a warning for me to back off) and I stopped. I turned to ask sis 'Shade who maintained her position at the entrance of the house: Is he aggressive? She assured me that he is not...so I advanced to the front of his cage and crouched towards his. I maintained eye contact with him and remained calm and motionless

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
He stopped growling and got curious with his nose. I moved close for him to stir well into my eyes, and made sure he was calm before I proceeded to the next stage. I offered the back of my palm but kept it at some distance deliberately, out the the reach of his jaws.
He got more curious and was trying to reach for my hand in a mild/ non-aggressive manner, so I knew he wanted to sniff my hand. I moved it closer but was vigilant enough to withdraw should incase he wants acts funny. He licked my hands instead, and that was it. I knew he has accepted my friendship proposal

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
I let him out of the cage, and he ran towards me. I didn't understand what was going on: Shebi we are PADIs, why are you running towards me as if you want to attack an intruder? I am not understanding

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
Fine dog

1 Like

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
Spike (Hahahahahaha. Each time I call that name, I always remember the Pitbull in Tom and Jerry...I love that dude) has the coat and tail of a Rott (except for the absence of the mahogany dots by his eyes), but the structure /physique of a German Shepherd Dog. His ears are not erect per se, and one can't say it's dropping like a Rottweiler's...let's just say it is a combination of the GSD's erect erects and Rott's dropping ears.
Spike is quite a skinny dog...he hardly eats and Grandma (Shady-Chops' mum) no get energy to dey force dog dey chop. The dog looks skinny and malnourished but trust me, he is properly fed. Shady-Chops' mum stays alone in her big mansion and she loves to have an acquaintance to keep her company, so she got Spike. Owing to her age, she doesn't walk Spike frequently, but she does whenever she is chance.
Spike came to ran to me, and placed his front legs on my chest as he was attempting to lick my face.

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
We played around for a while, and I wanted to give me some cheese balls (that 10naira snack we pikin they chop)...I discovered dogs love it. I learnt it from one of my friends who is a dog handler (Paulo) who uses it as a treat. - I met him on a dog group I joined. O boi!!! My quest for canine knowledge don make me sabi people o . Trust me, dogs are always crazy about it especially the smell...Except a dog that doesn't have a nose. Not all dog breeds have a nose (ability to smell perceive odours). I so much love love video of him and has Alsatian named General Leo and it was spectacular. I hope to visit his kennel someday and write a diary about General Leo
Spike ate it hastily and looked into my eyes as if to ask for more. I brought out the pack and offered him another piece, which ate as his jaws met my hand mid-air. He then got all over me an wanted to knock-off the cheese ball from my hands, but I raise my hands up and gave him a stern look. He got the message and got back to the ground. I wanted to walk away but he blocked my way. I changed direction, but he ran swiftly to intercept me again. So I gave him a look that says "I am not going to give you want you want until you calm down". He noticed I wasn't moving and I wasn't offering him any treat, so he sat down and looked into my eyes as he flapped his tail left to right. He must have gotten my message. I was happy with him, and offered him there remaining cheese balls in the pack. I chain him to a banister and cut about 3 more packs of cheese balls for him. He was really crazy about it mehn.
Here are pictures of Paulo and General Leo. The muscles of Leo's left ear got damaged in a dog fight.

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
I requested to take him on a walk in the neighbourhood and Grandma obliged. She went inside the house to bring out a new leash for me, and I fastened it to Spike's collar , and off we went.
On stepping out of the gate, he first let out one of his biological discharge (excrete). I was so destabilized- Nothing around for me to take care of it, and I didn't feel comfortable leaving the excreta, eventhough no one saw us. I used a piece of stone to scoop some portion of sand, and made an heap over the faeces, and then advanced on our walk. We paced the street more than 5times as we alternated between walking and jogging. He enjoyed the walk, and was curious about going into the bush to chase down some rodents that were stimulating his prey instinct. It wasn't an easy job on my part to keep him in place.

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Though he looked skinny, he still commanded respect on the street, as people came out of their houses to stare at us. Some ran as he approached them. Along the line, a secondary school boy walked pass with his female Alsatian/ Rottweiler hybrid in leash, and I introduced Spike and her to each other. the lady was on heat and Spike's superior nose detected it he proceed to hump the babe but I pulled him back. He got crazy and attempted to bite me several times so I let go of his leash, but I tactically avoided the bites as I changed the directions of my hand as he launched his jaws into the air. I told the young lad to proceed with his stroll home, and waited till the went out of sight before tagging Spike along with me back home (Because as he dey see the babe, he no gree coperate wit me). It dawned on me that Spike has never had any sexual experience even at the age of 5 years. Mehn, this dog is most likely to die a virgin). I took a few more shots with him as I positioned him in between me legs (he didn't resist, unlike Peace), and off we went, to the house
One of the pictures below might give an impression that the collar is too tight... Trust me, it is loose enough. I don't know why that part of his neck is like that.

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by BomboyOnline: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Good story, help mama find a good dog food that Spike likes. He is skinny, I can see all his ribs.

1 Like

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
We got home and i put him in the cage, though getting that task done was almost a war. He didnt want to enter the cage. I ended up throwing a piece of cheese balls inside his cage and shutting the dog behind him as he entered. He knew of my plans when I was doing it, but he couldn't resist the temptation of the cheese balls. I saunter to the tap near his cage to wash my hands. He let out a sorrowful howl as I ambled pass his cage to inside the house, but I ignored him (eventhough on the inside, I cared real big). I had not even spent enough time with the person i came to visit (Shady-Chops), but I had exhausted myself my oomph.
As I was devouring the mountain of rice set before me in the sitting room, I can't help but hear his unceasing sorrowful howl. I left my food and went to check on him. When he set his eyes on me as I opened the door of the house, I could hear the sound of his tail stroking the wooden wall of his cage as he stopped his howl. I remained there for a while to try to figure out the reason of the howl, but I couldn't deduce it. So I turned to retreat to my food, but here he went, howling again. I went to him and gave him a pat as he licked my hand repeatedly. I left hims and went to continue with the ingestion of my rice (body no be wood). I distracted my mind with great thought, so I don't give in to his howl. Grandma was perturbed and that made her soliloquize: Ki'lo nse Spike l'osan yi? (What's wrong with Spike this afternoon? I knew the answer to the question, but I couldn't respond. I just faced my food jeje ly

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Haven't spent a tangible portion of my day with the family, I had to set out for my domicile- my house is about 1hr apart Fadeyi to Alagbado) or more, if one is to consider Lagos' unpredictable traffic.. It was around 6pm already (I arrived at her house around 12pm) and I didn't know my way around Alagbado. I have to board buses to various locations before I finally get the one goint to Yaba, so I bidded everyone farewell (incuding Spike). On my way out, Shady-Chops's husband came in. I have not seen him for about 3yrs to, so I waited form him to drive in after opening the gate for him, and exchange pleasantries. They both saw me off to the car park, and I found my way home. That was the last time II saw Spike. Can't wait to see him again. I hope he adds more weight before out next meeting

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is how far my last encounter with Spike went. I hope to continue this thread when next I visit Spike- I have no idea when next that will be. thanks for reading. Your ideas and suggestions, as well as constructive criticism is allowed.
If you find this thread interesting, please visit my next thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3294815/diary-visit-bada-kennel-ketu#48572296
Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
BomboyOnline:
Good story, help mama find a good dog food that Spike likes. He is skinny, I can see all his ribs.
Thanks for your input. The very first time I saw him, that was the exact thing that came to mind, but when one is identifying a problem , he also should to a reasonable extent, proffer a solution/ way out. When I called their attention to his skinny nature, They told me that right from when he was a puppy, he hardly eat. Even when they put big piece of meat. I don't own a dog yet, so my knowledge about dogs' food is quite limited. I suggested can foods but the problem is ''Where do we get it?" They don't know anywhere around Alagbado (Lagos state), that they can get the food. I would have made inquiries about dog food in Fadeyi here, but I don't know any dog owner around here, and I also don't know my way around properly, yet. Any advice/ suggestions for us?
Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
grin
Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by whalexyy(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
All I can bring out of dis post is that your phone has a good camera

1 Like

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
whalexyy:
All I can bring out of dis post is that your phone has a good camera
I don't comprehend your point...Illuminate me please

Re: An Encounter with Spike GSD/ Rottweiler Hybrid by okikiosibodu(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
@Whalexyy- I have been anticipating your response ever since, its like its taking for ever to get one

(1) (Reply)

Female Brindle ENGLISH MASTIFF Puppy From Imported Parents For Sale(with pics) / Boerboel And Great Dane Mix / Non Pedigree Excellent Rottweiler Puppies Available On Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.