Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? (15030 Views)

Seven Most Common And Most Expensive Mistakes By Drivers In Car Maintenance / The Worst Type Of Drivers You Should Avoid / There Are Seven Types Of Drivers: Which One Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by AutofactorNG: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2016
There are many people driving vehicles today who are still meant to be in the driving school, many drivers do not know the rules of driving. Your car should be well taken care of, hence, you have to understand the mindset of the different types of drivers in the country.

Please note that this discourse is not a generalization. In other words, it doesn’t necessarily mean that these are the exact type of people you’ll meet using the Nigerian roads daily, we might have different opinions about this and hence, you’re free to add yours. Here are the types of people you’re probably going to meet while using a Nigerian road from my experience.

1. The learners
The first category is the learners. These set of people are usually slow and always stay at a particular side of a lane so as to make space for other oncoming drivers that will be overtaking them because of ‘speedophobia’. They barely know a thing about using the road. They usually don’t seem to understand or use most important road signals. Some in this category instead of using the learner sign, they’ll choose not to because they feel it’s degrading.

2. The meticulous drivers
This category comprises mostly of old men and few women. They strive towards perfection while using the road. They barely overtake any vehicle and when they do, it’s probably the slow trucks and tankers. They always strive to maintain an average speed and wouldn’t mind if they are overtaken by lots of vehicles. Almost every dad and old person in Nigeria falls in this category.

3. The rough riders/speeders
This category consists mainly of young boys, with their flashy cars who think they’re in the fast and furious movie or they’re a driver in the need for speed game. They drive to overtake every other road user like it’s a car racing with loud music emanating from their vehicle. This category runs into the risk of road accidents mostly. The often times act as competitors on the road who constantly need to get ahead of other drivers and is constantly annoyed when someone gets in the way. That driver can be identified by the constant need to accelerate when someone tries to overtake them or closing the gap to prevent someone from getting in front of them. This is the category where danfo drivers fall.

4. The road greeters
This is one of the annoying category of road users. They are the ones that stop their vehicles on the lane just to start exchanging greetings or passing information instead of parking by the side of the road hence, blocking other oncoming vehicles and the more annoying part is that people will be complaining and shouting at the duo, they still will act deaf and continue conversing.

5. The unnecessarily slow pokes
This is the most annoying category of all. This category just slows their vehicles in an expressway just for nothing sake making every other vehicle following them to maintain the same speed with their vehicle till you find a space to overtake them. I once had an experience that made me feel like going back to ram the man’s trunk.

6. The Stoppers
This category derives joy in stepping on their car brakes unnecessarily. They step on their brakes even when the need is not there and it is more annoying when you’re directly following the vehicle on an expressway because (s)he will keep showing you the brake light and sometimes will stop abruptly and before you can interpret the signal, you’re already in collision with the bumper probably because of the speed you were maintaining.

7. The Know it All
The next type is The Know-it-All, who thinks they are surrounded “by incompetent fools” and often keep themselves happy by shouting condescendingly at other drivers while being protected in their vehicle.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 19, 2016
I went from 3 to 2 then 1. Na God hand I dey now, I guess old age is catching up... smiley

1 Like

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by wildchild1: 6:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Most of us belong to No7 grin.*covers face*

2016/2017 Jerseys available, order now
https://www.nairaland.com/3204752/2016-2017-jerseys-available-affordable

10 Likes

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:29am On Aug 19, 2016
3 Whenever my hands are on that steering
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Drmlab(m): 6:29am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by lonelydora: 6:29am On Aug 19, 2016
I consider myself "All in one" package. I am all of the above. Anyone you want, i dey there grin

1 Like

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by seunny4lif(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2016
7 cool cool cool
FP booking is now against the law angry angry
Sign by Seun angry angry

HBD to me cool cool cool
19th Aug
Leo

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by ileogbenfidel(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Lol
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by LilSmith55(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Im None Of Dem
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:31am On Aug 19, 2016
so u leave d kitchen.to drive...wonders
Kachisbarbie:
I went from 3 to 2 then 1. Na God hand I dey now, I guess old age is catching up... smiley
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by moscobabs(m): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2016
1 - Almost 20% of Benin drivers are learner , I don't know if you guys notice that Benin people like Benz 230, or ML 300 and Audi?

2 - u find this type of people in Ibadan with their old Benz very irritating

3- Warri guys are rough riders o u will think den bi army robber with that their Bus .

4-Biafra people comes to mind. these people can great ghost u never see them parking in mid of the road and start greeting each other bfre as if na them and my ancestors created Lagos

5 - My osogbo people do this a lot they are doing this when they are close to their ex house they want everybody in their compound to know they have arrived.

6- Na Aboki guys dey do this o. Go to Kano,Kaduna or Zaria and if u mistakingly hit their car na gobe o

7- Whaooo!!!! na we Lagosians bi dis o we know it all. everybody wants to show s(he) is perfect on the road expecially in traffic. if u bi Pastor or Alfa Lagos drivers will frustrate u and u will not know when you say 'Iya e' oloriburuku, were and some silly words.learners will be telling a danfo driver that "If you don't know how to drive u beta go driving school"

Lagos is full of frustrated people

19 Likes

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by seunny4lif(m): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin
Seun Ban this person grin grin grin
WowSweetGuy:
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by seunny4lif(m): 6:33am On Aug 19, 2016
angry >: angry
moscobabs:
g
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by wabuk(m): 6:33am On Aug 19, 2016
Op pls let's talk about bag of rice in our country
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by sarutobie(m): 6:34am On Aug 19, 2016
guess I belong to group 2..grew up driving my dad and mum so they instilled this safe driving mentality in me..
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by josh93: 6:34am On Aug 19, 2016
lol...ma neigbour numb 4 wer daddy junior deycome see ooo
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Turks: 6:35am On Aug 19, 2016
**The ones wey dey always greet people with loud repeated honks from their horns....

Peeeeem!! Peeeeem!!!!!! Peeeeeeemmm!!!!!!

Padi how far naaaahhhh!!!! grin

**The head light flashers sef dey...They'll flash their headlights numerously as tho they recognize you from somewhere..

2 Likes

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by nuesmann(m): 6:35am On Aug 19, 2016
belong to number 8
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by jazinogold(m): 6:36am On Aug 19, 2016
am the cheerful giver type of driver...police, lastma n FRSC dy hail me because I dy gv dem tips! even recently, one conductor was hailing me in London!

1 Like

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by steffans(m): 6:36am On Aug 19, 2016
None of the above!
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Sexytemi(f): 6:37am On Aug 19, 2016
Would let u know when I start driving.

1 Like

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 19, 2016
The Middle Laners

They are always on the fast and service lanes at the same time. Always staying in the middle

So annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by ochuko2020: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2016
We Don hear
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by johnstar(m): 6:39am On Aug 19, 2016
No 7
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 19, 2016
WowSweetGuy:
lol.
Maybe I should have waited for you.

1 Like

Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by herkeym001(m): 6:48am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Yinkatolu: 6:48am On Aug 19, 2016
I belong to none. I drive based on what my mind is telling me per time wink
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 19, 2016
none.. But my bro belongs to the speeder set grin..

That guy can speed like his life depends on it.. His lowest speed rate on the highway is 190kmph shocked..
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Always been 3
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by beautiful232(f): 6:51am On Aug 19, 2016
I am all of the above grin
Re: The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You? by viqueta(m): 6:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Errmm....but my car is a driverless car, it's smart as well, when ever it senses Frsc, Vio or police, it will just fasten my seat belt and ........SPEED OFF

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Range Rover Sport Beats Ferrari's Record On China's 99-turn Tianmen Road / Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! / Hit And Run Driver Advised To Report Voluntarily To Ajah Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.