Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock (14029 Views)

President Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock (Photos) / Buhari's 75th Birthday: Maryam Abacha And Fati Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock / Osinbajo Meets Abdulsalami, Cardinal Onaiyekan & Others In Aso Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by dre11(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari is currently meeting with a former Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar (retd.), at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Abubakar arrived for the meeting at about 12.35pm in a black Mercedes Benz car.

I discussed national issues with Buhari, says Abdulsalami

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

A former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd.), on Thursday said he discussed issues of national interest and international affairs with President Muhammadu Buhari during a short meeting they had at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Abubakar said this in an interview with State House correspondents at the end of the meeting which was held inside the President’s office.

The former military ruler however refused to disclose the specific issues he discussed with the President when reporters asked him to do so.

“I came to discuss issues of national interest and international affairs with the President. Both of them are interwoven. I have discussed with the person I came to see and I don’t think I need to discuss it in the news media,” Abubakar said.

Reacting to a claim that he had been silent on national issues lately, the former Head of State said he had been busy talking to those that needed to be talked to.

He said the National Peace Committee for the 2015 General Elections which he chairs was still working behind the scene.

He then urged all Nigerians to support the present administration in its efforts aimed at resolving the crisis facing the nation

“We (the committee members) are still working, although quietly, to make sure that there is peace in the country.

“I hope all Nigerians will give the present administration the necessary support to make sure that we overcome all these crisis that are unnecessary and uncalled for,” he added.

http://punchng.com/buhari-meets-abdusalami-inside-aso-rock/

1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is improper

It should have be the order way round.

Abdulsalami meets President Muhammadu Buhari in Aso Rock.

Abdulsalami is the guest while Buhari is the host.
So Abdulsalami meets with PMB

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by rayblast(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abdulsalam d great . U r not as greedy as they r . Ole ni won o . Bubu involving and inviting past leaders to find solution to dis mess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Buhari always in close door meetings with men of virtue!... But fvck it!....he's so dull and doesn't take their advices!... If there's anything I'm 100% certified of now is the fact that dullardin.ho is a dullard! angry
I mean,, that's why he's called dullardin.ho in the first place grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by wowmenow: 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
I am looking forward to the day all this old men will die

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by ijustdey: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
all these meetings with ex-president.... what gain have we had from them...

from the one he had with OBJ, GEJ and Babagida..... what had it benefited the nation.

lalasticlala...

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Proffdada: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Next president? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Is he resigning?

The man has failed Nigerians with his woeful, exceptionally weak performance as minister of petroleum and civilian president of Nigeria

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Spells(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
kenonze:
This is improper

what do you expect from a president with an improper brains, in an improper country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by ritababe(f): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
kenonze:
This is improper

Abdulsalami is the guest while Buhari is the host. So Abdulsalami meets with PMB
In naija nothing matters anymore, from the head to toe everybody is confuse. when illiterate lead confusion everywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by agabusta: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Spells:
what do you expect from a president with an improper brains, in an improper country.

It is you that is with an improper brain. Is the President the one that wrote the news??

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Spells(m): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Buhari and meeting people b like 5&6....he can meet for Africa. He can even meet with animals...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by NameChecker: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Two minutes of silence for the people who just opened this topic
not to comment but see the foolish replies of others.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by JUSTEES: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pls nairaland,is he proper for husband and wife to be using one toothbrush.
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by ikdaddy01(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
ok
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by mesoprogress(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
Must be related to recent accusations on former President Jonathan. Abdulsalam, the peace broker will likely be advising Buhari against going after Jonathan in the spirit of goodwill.

It's up to buhari. Economy is dying, he can finally decide to murder it completely or at least continue with present hardship and excessive tax on poor, powerless citizens. Unfortunately, SS / SE oil production account for more than 97% oil production in Nigeria. If communities revolt, it'll no longer be avengers. You get something worse, they can decide to stop production in their communities indefinitely, and FG can do nothing. Ogoni has been doing that, and nothing has happened.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by yjgm(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Overwhelming report on GEJ's soiled hands in ND bombings was discussed.
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Tonyreal49(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
if I catch you buhari I go make life difficult for you as you make my life miserable

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Edwardhead(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
IYENA DA
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by omusiliyu(m): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
.....and so
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by AroOkigbo(m): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
JUSTEES:

HE is not proper. ..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by IllegalMoney: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
grin grin grin

Abubakar went to talk some sense into Buhari the Dullard
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by omusiliyu(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
JUSTEES:

Yes... Nothing beats love...

It's even advisable to be eating their vomit
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by MiztaMarvel(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ok good to know.

Meanwhile we have diesel in very large quantity at our depot in Lagos. If you are an interested buyer or marketer of this product, call me with the number on my signature.
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by takenadoh: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
The more we see the less we understand.

[url]thenaijalisting..com.ng[/url]
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Iscoalarcon: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
I don't like this man (Abdussalam Abubakar) sad angry
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by ogene007: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
mesoprogress:
Must be related to recent accusations on former President Jonathan. Abdulsalam, the peace broker will likely be advising Buhari against going after Jonathan in the spirit of goodwill.

It's up to buhari. Economy is dying, he can finally decide to murder it completely or at least continue with present hardship and excessive tax on poor, powerless citizens. Unfortunately, SS / SE oil production account for more than 97% oil production in Nigeria. If communities revolt, it'll no longer be avengers. You get something worse, they can decide to stop production in their communities indefinitely, and FG can do nothing. Ogoni has been doing that, and nothing has happened.
He went to try to save Bubu from himself by advising him against pressing the self-destruct button. His childish followers are trying to push him into throwing Nigeria into further crisis. Abdusalam went to remind him of the dire consequences of such a senseless move. It remains to be seen if the unschooled guy will exhibit some form of reason by desisting from making that grave mistakes. Nigerians have suffered enough and can't afford further sufferings emanating from Bubu's penchant for vendetta.
Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
kenonze:
This is improper

In spite of all the economic woes that Nigeria is currently facing, this is what is important to you...smh

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock by omonla555: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
kenonze:
This is improper

Don't mind Olodo Journalist

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flashback: Enugu Shoa Throws Out Gender Equality Bill / Lagos PDP Members Claim They Were Beaten By G-5 Supporters (video) / University Prof Is A Sea Dog Capone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.