Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! (20029 Views)

My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Thai Cook Fries Chicken With His BARE Hands, Doesn’t Get Burned!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 12:18am On Sep 30, 2009
Gamine:

I dey go na,

why u dey shase me comot grin grin grin

'Cos per small girl u suppose don sleep teey teey. grin lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by slimes(m): 12:33am On Sep 30, 2009
Tomatoes is definitely wat changed thd taste though the powdered beans can never taste real.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:49am On Sep 30, 2009
Gamine - Koolchicco

With Gamine, I can see what I am going to get: As they say, a bird in hand is worth ten in the bush.  Thanks any way, and thank you Gamine.

Once in a while, I fly to parties in London, so I am familiar with the terrain.  With Nigeria, I will need a visa, and some 6 hours just to get out of the concourses (did I mention that I have not been in Nigeria for years?).
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:54am On Sep 30, 2009
Posted by: slimes 
Insert Quote
Tomatoes is definitely wat changed thd taste though the powdered beans can never taste real.
=======================

I tend to agree
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Anabel(f): 3:37am On Sep 30, 2009
stop making people go hungry online, posting the picture of a food i wont taste angry angry
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AngelaO4: 4:35am On Sep 30, 2009
Moimoi taste so good with eko, and I am an excellent cook bubbling with maternal drive.  Best of all, I live in the U.S,   You wanna come visit?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Donvilo(m): 6:46am On Sep 30, 2009
Anabel:

stop making people go hungry online, posting the picture of a food i wont taste angry angry
LMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2009
Potu:

Gamine - Koolchicco

With Gamine, I can see what I am going to get: As they say, a bird in hand is worth ten in the bush.  Thanks any way, and thank you Gamine.

Once in a while, I fly to parties in London, so I am familiar with the terrain.  With Nigeria, I will need a visa, [/b]and some 6 hours just to get out of the concourses ([b]did I mention that I have not been in Nigeria for years?).

No wonder you've lost touch with the cooking prowess.abeg visit 9ja pronto! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2009
Dear koolchicco;

I will report to Nigeria with immediate effect; as soon as I complete my malaria shots. (lol).

Never had cooking prowess! While in Nigeria, my mom did not allow the boys to cook. We could make fried plantains and eggs or make coffee or very light things out side meal times, but the boys were never allowed to make meals Don’t get me wrong, we wanted to help but we were not allowed.

In college, it is mandatory that all freshman students stay in the dormitory, so I got use to dormitory life from Jump Street. Sorry, my college does not have one of those two per room dorms; you have your own fully furnished apartment and the money for meals were billed into the dorm rent. The good thing is that the meals are buffet style, all you can eat; so, I never wasted my time trying to cook.

Now that nostalgia has started kicking in; koolchicco, I am in trouble!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2009
Potu:

Dear koolchicco;

I will report to Nigeria with immediate effect; as soon as I complete my malaria shots. (lol).

Never had cooking prowess!   While in Nigeria, my mom did not allow the boys to cook.  We could make fried plantains and eggs or make coffee or very light things out side meal times, but the boys were never allowed to make meals  Don’t get me wrong, we wanted to help but we were not allowed. 

In college, it is mandatory that all freshman students stay in the dormitory, so I got use to dormitory life from Jump Street. Sorry, my college does not have one of those two per room dorms; you have your own fully furnished apartment and the money for meals were billed into the dorm rent.  The good thing is that the meals are buffet style, all you can eat; so, I never wasted my time trying to cook.

Now that nostalgia has started kicking in; koolchicco, I am in trouble!

Eeeya!Pitty u Potu.Oya pikin cum suck breast. grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by LadyAnn(f): 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2009
Im a gurl and I can never get it right, (Not for lack of trying believe me!!!) embarassed embarassed
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2009
koolchicco:

Oya pikin cum suck breast. grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue

Thanks for the breast offer Koolchicco; No interest in men's breast (lol).

However, I will pay you 1,500 Naira for Sunny Bobo's address, (the bongo music guy). I love his music and need to contact him.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2009
LadyAnn:

I can never get it right, (Not for lack of trying believe me!!!) embarassed embarassed

Wow, if it is true that you can't cook; you'll make an astonishingly beautiful ex-wife!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2009
LadyAnn:

Im a gurl and I can never get it right, (Not for lack of trying believe me!!!)  embarassed embarassed

It seems only men like myself get it right these days.Potu not included tho!  grin tongue
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2009
Potu:

Wow, if it is true that you can't cook; you'll make an astonishingly beautiful ex-wife!

Potu u're very wicked,although u maybe right. lipsrsealed undecided grin grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2009
Potu:

However, I will pay you [b]1,500 Naira [/b] for Sunny Bobo's address, (the bongo music guy).  I love his music and need to contact him.

This goes 2 show that u're no longer attuned with how stuffs work in 9ja. sad sad
Potu come home ooo!FYI 1500 na only 2 bottles of star e fit buy oo. grin grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2009
koolchicco:

This goes 2 show that u're no longer attuned with how stuffs work in 9ja. sad sad
Potu come home ooo!FYI 1500 na only 2 bottles of star e fit buy oo. grin grin

So, how much will it set me back?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2009
Originally, I washed and dried cans to use in cooking the moi moi. However, when I came to use the cans, I noted that some of them had rusted. That is why I shelled out ninety dollars plus tax for six Pyrex dishes ($15 each) , at Kitchen Aide. The moi moi was still a disaster!

Lol, all because of moi moi? grin Keep your cans dry, that's all I can say. I use the cans once though.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2009
stillwater:

Lol, all because of moi moi? grin Keep your cans dry, that's all I can say. I use the cans once though.

Cans get rusted anyways!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
stillwater:

all because of moi moi?

Sweetheart, it is [b]no[/b]t because of moi moi;  it is because of nostalgia.
[Slow water runs deep]

I did oven-dry the discarded cans very thoroughly; they still rusted before I could use them, even once!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2009
Potu:

Sweetheart, it is [b]no[/b]t because of moi moi;  it is because of nostalgia.
[Slow water runs deep]

I did oven-dry the discarded cans very thoroughly; they still rusted before I could use them, even once!

Mine has never rusted. I use the tomatoes in them, wash the cans, air dry them, then put them in the cupboard. When I want to make moi moi, I rinse them and I'm good to go. I throw them away when I'm done.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 11:29pm On Sep 30, 2009
stillwater:

Mine has never rusted. I use the tomatoes in them, wash the cans, air dry them, then put them in the cupboard. When I want to make moi moi, I rinse them and I'm good to go. I throw them away when I'm done.

Thanks a million. I am already stuck with $215 vat, and six (6) Pyrex dishes ($90). If nothing contraindicates them, I'll use them for my next attempts.

Believe me, I thank everyone. The advices I have gotten are invaluable. If all else fail, I'll get a wife.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2009
Roflmao!!! If you are having this trouble, I bet you wouldn't even know how to wrap the moi moi paste in leaves, or can you? grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:05am On Oct 01, 2009
stillwater:

I bet you wouldn't even know how to wrap the moi moi paste in leaves, or can you? grin

Yes, I can wrap moi moi paste in leaves, I use to watch mom do it. For the life of me, I don’t know what the leaves are called. So, I guess that settles that!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by delvinmaya(m): 12:07am On Oct 01, 2009
leaves are just like plantain leaves, funny thiong is where i leave which is not far from the market, its sold quite cheap.20 naira
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:42am On Oct 01, 2009
delvinmaya:

leaves are just like plantain leaves,

That’s a good start, plantain leaves. Now, where can I get plantain leaves: I live in NE of United States?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Gamine(f): 1:36am On Oct 01, 2009
Dude, use the aluminium baking pan, sell the pyrex or wrap em as gifts.
Get a wife? What are the chances she'll make it well
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 4:45am On Oct 01, 2009
Gamine:

Get a wife? What are the chances she'll make it well

Good thinking.  I'll try the pans.  I have no guarantee that a wife will help!

Incidentally, do you need Pyrex dishes in excellent condition?  Used only once; and the best part is that it is free, including postage.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 11:47am On Oct 01, 2009
Potu u need a wife anyways,dont u?
or Must she be able 2 cook moi moi for her 2 stand d chance. . .? grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Gamine(f): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2009
@Potu

Yeh send it to me, im moving to a new place
im sure it'd come in handy wink
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
koolchicco:

Potu u need a wife anyways,dont u?
or Must she be able 2 cook moi moi for her 2 stand d chance. . .? grin

Sir,

Where is my Sunny Bobo's contact information?

Wives are very important (my darling mother use to be one until she died); but for now, I'll settle for just the moi moi. Sincerely, my wife does not need to know how to cook, I can comfortably afford two cheffs, if the need arises (I did not spend 8 years in college and graduated top of my class for nothing).

Now sir; Go get my Sunny Bobo's contact and I will subscribe to your site. You also forgot to tell me how much the info will set me back?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2009
Gamine:

Yeh send it to me, im moving to a new place
im sure it'd come in handy wink

When was the last time you checked your email?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Indomie Noodles Made In Nigeria Are Safe For Consumption ― NAFDAC / What's Your Favourite Biscuit? / See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.