Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! (20030 Views)

My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Thai Cook Fries Chicken With His BARE Hands, Doesn’t Get Burned!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2009
who dash you.

Berra go and find someone that will fly out and soak garri on your behalf
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Gamine(f): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2009
nawa o, only Moi Moi o

@Potu, can i send you the mail now
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2009
For want of better words, you are very alluring.

alluring?

Different strokes for different folks sha.

I find it alarming (not alluring) that someone would put tomatoes in moinmoin, but its all good I guess.

In Nigeria, more males arent taught how to cook, than the other way round. Its a man's world.

btw tomatoes may give moinmoin a sour taste. I dont know about overseas tomatoes however- they might be different.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2009
depends on what part of Nigeria, tpia

Thankfully not all Naija mothers raise their sons to be useless

village dudes can actually cook quite well.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

depends on what part of Nigeria, tpia

village dudes can actually cook quite well.

true- most village males know how to cook because they have to fend for themselves on the farm.

but some men either cant cook or just prefer eating food prepared for them. Makes them feel special I guess. Some women also consider it a personal affront for the man to cook for himself.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

who dash you.

Berra go and find someone that will fly out and soak garri on your behalf

Au contraire,I've just finished my soaked garri.  grinsomething tells me am a better cook than u anyway!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
I hope so.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I hope so.

Hope?. . .Am Double sure! kiss wink
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2009
Nerrisa:

As you may have gathered from my lackluster name, I am not a Nigerian. (not moi moi), they have been very crisp and succinct.

Now, I beg to join the chorus and ask; who are you? Please give your quest for moi moi a rest and come back to Balogun’s medical forum. Lots of people desperately need your help!

Nerrisa,

Your name is far from lackluster.  A sea Goddess can never be lackluster.  Thanks for the compliments.  I wished you shared my interest in moi moi.

Who am I[b]?[/b]  Just an old man with a case of nostalgia!  Sincerely, my linear programming excludes nairaland completely, but I will drop in once in a while to lend Balogun a helping hand.

By the way, what do you know about moi moi?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AishaB(f): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2009
AishaB:

Potu:

A cat I know works for World Health Organization (WHO). He is stationed in Brussels, Belgium. He is not an African. He was telling me about an interesting Nigerian family. They are all engineers in this family and five of them are engineers and physicians combined. They have a sister who is pediatric consultant for WHO and she is stationed in Bern, Switzerland.

Balogun’s column needs you; and I can develop a very serious interest in moi moi!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2009
Kunbee:

Obo, ebok, aya p-i!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2009
AishaB:

Potu:

My interest in you is escalating in geometric proportions.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2009
Gamine:

nawa o, only Moi Moi o

Absolutely!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
tpia.:

alluring?

I find it alarming (not alluring) that someone would put tomatoes in moinmoin, but its all good I guess.

Oyingbo market is not aware of any one person’s absence. I am very satisfied with those who love me (Psych!)
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

No Naija mother raises her children to be useless. Inability to prepare moi moi that taste right does not equate to useless.

The path to [b]S[/b]tealing many men's [b]H[/b]earts is through their stomach (lol). Do I have to teach you everything?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2009
not being able to fend for one's self = useless.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

garri

Garri!  Did you say garri.  Garri and ogbono soup taste just delicious.  African market; here I come.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2009
tpia.:

some men , just prefer eating food prepared for them. Makes them feel special I guess. Some women also consider it a personal affront for the man to cook for himself.

Tpia;

Deep, very deep.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2009
koolchicco:

Mr. Koolchicco,

Please, do you happen to know the igbo word for monkey. Is it aya p-i?

[I would love to refer Kunbee to his cousins in the zoo].
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

not being able to fend for one's self = useless.

I totally agree with your revised statement.  However, not being able to prepare moi moi properly is a far cry from not being able to fend for one's self.

Darling, say what you mean and mean what you say, are not the same ten and ten pence.

Everyone deserves a Reward.

Four Seasons is a five star hotel reputed for its scrumptious meals. Reward you failed attempts at African dishes with delicious meals from Four Seasons.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2009
Potu

did you start this thread to ask for advice on moinmoin, have a conversation, showcase your qualifications, shop for compliments from interested admirers, engage in back and forth, or just to fight?

and what other ids do you have here.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2009
I think he's been talking to himself in this thread actually, tpia
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2009
tpia.:

Potu

did you start this thread to ask for advice on moinmoin, have a conversation, showcase your qualifications, shop for compliments from interested admirers, engage in back and forth, or just to fight?

and what other ids do you have here.

This thread is exclusively for moi moi.  All other topics are extraneous.  I have only one handle and it is called Potu.  By this time next week, I am looking forward to my yearning for moi moi to be satiated.  In the interim, I welcome any good recipe on moi moii.

Glad to have been of service to you.  Thank you.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2009
Tpia,

Incidentally, I also wrote a few times in Balogun’s health forum; and did receive some unsolicited raving reviews from the editors of the column.

I may or may not go back, because the issues there are too serious and important for a guy like me who wants to just relax and run his mouth.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AishaB(f): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2009
Potu:

Do you know how to prepare moi moi?

Thanks a million. You will be delighted with what I have in store for you (lol).
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AishaB(f): 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2009
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2009
Gamine:

Awaiting the email
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2009
Reminder

Please, this thread is exclusively for helping Potu prepare moi moi that taste like moi.  Potu’s attempt resulted in moi moi that did not taste like the moi moi he was used to; and in fact, tasted terrible. 

Many have contributed invaluable ideas on this subject.  A mother who corrects his son with harsh words is using ‘tough love;’ nevertheless, love.  As such, all inputs are welcomed, provided the emphasis is on moi moi.

Personal attacks are also welcomed, provided they are a means of prodding towards the right direction.

Please, keep the moi moi recipes coming, at least, until this time next week 

Thanks.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2009
Potu:

Mr. Koolchicco,

Monkey=Enwe! tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
koolchicco:

Enwe!

My friend. You are simply marvelous. Thank you.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Kunbee: 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2009
Potu:

Mr. Koolchicco,

O da yi pe opolo ee daru, se cos u dey America u think u can refer 2 me as barbaric are u mad? angry. This will be the last time u will say my name oponu oshi omo rada rada ti o le toju ara e. Idiot if u didnt notice i was talking to TOH

ThiefOfHearts:

am I lying?  grin

Potu, its good to know that unlike others you can take a joke. I appreciate that. HOWEVER, no one likes a dude that has to rely on others for things. I know many Naija dudes that can cook very well (my father included), you have no excuse

Dont mind the idiot ooo oponu sowe nu can u imagine anyway i dont blame d illiterate i was the one that stepped into his thread
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2009
Kunbee:

I had no idea that your type liked moi moi.  I though you would be more interested in bananas!

- Obo, ebok, Enwe! -

You are so angry, your broken English is incomprehensible. I feel your pain!
You threw the first stone: Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Indomie Noodles Made In Nigeria Are Safe For Consumption ― NAFDAC / What's Your Favourite Biscuit? / See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.