Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? (33034 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / New Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kelechio47: 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Tinted permit is free,just go to www.npf.gov.ng/tainted and do it yourself follow the instructions fill upload finish and print then take the print out to your state command and do biometrics that's all.
But we know how our Nigerian police behaviors
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by faroo1: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
I submitted my application in Port Harcourt but nothing happen after two months. I finally did mine in Minna free.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Icon79(m): 11:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
Why do you even need such permits (Tinted Permit) to drive your car sef?

All my cars here in the US has tinted glasses and no one has ever stopped me for a tinted permit.
Nigeria and their bizarre laws sad

2 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Fawklicant: 2:15am On Aug 21, 2016
kgr8mike:
For some days now I have been going to Awka Area Command for my tinted permit. The officer in charge told us that the processing cost is N5000 with an additional recharge card of N1000 to check the authenticity of the car registration details online.

But the police that stops us on the road said it is free and most people are saying it is free.

Now Awka does a minimum 30 cars every day. In fact the first 30 persons are attended to and the rest will be told to go till the next day. Now people come as a early as 5,6,6:30am to book a space.

So N1000 recharge card by 30 is N30,000.00 plus N5000 cash payment which is N150,000.00. So they make a minimum of N180,000.00 daily.

If they do it from Monday till Friday it means they generate unaccounted N3.6Million monthly. And with the rush this is just possible.

Please for those in Nairaland that are going for the tinted permit or have gone, We will like to know the cost in your area so we can compare and contrast. We will also like to know the exact conditions put in place for the Tinted Permit Administration.

Thanks.

It is absolutely freeeeeeeeeeee!!! Get the name of anybody demanding money from you and petition him. Simple. Take responsibility for once and avoid back channels. Do not encourage graft, it is doable. Even if you get your permit in 3 months, it doesnt matter. You can still drive with a certified copy of the application printout and no ome will harrass you. Just ask them to stamp and sign it for you after capture and you are good to go. Make sure to go online to the site once a week to check status of application.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by modak: 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
Uhmmmm.
I can see another vocabulary has creeping in. A-P-P-R-E-C-I-A-T-I-O-N.
Posh language for bribe. Eh.
Civil servant are employed and paid to serve citizens.
Why is it that simple 'Thank you sir/ma' not sufficient until you dish out money ?
We are encouraging bribery and corruption in a subtle way. Let's not forget when civil servants get used to these appreciation token/funds they will then expect everyone to pay it at some point and if you don't you can't get things done. To bring sanity to civil service I suggest we don't express appreciation with money.
Imagine you have a pet dog, each time a family member come back home you give it a piece of meat. If by chance you all come home you did not give piece of meat as normal perhaps you are short. The dog will wonder why she has not got her portion and if she sees a piece of meat on the table around the house she will take it because she is now used to it.
May be difficult and tempting not to offer monetary appreciation but lets think of other who may be poor and not have the monetary appreciation to offer. They will suffer in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kgr8mike(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
solreb:
I did all our cars in PHC absolutely free. Go online from around midnight (because the npf site is congested) and fill the firm, print it out, take photos of the car back and forth along with your application.

Solreb,honestly am looking for job. I lost my FCMB job last April. It has not been easy with me where I am since then. If there is any opening where you are, kindly assist. I will appreciate you very well. Thanks
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kolaa007(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
thanks for that information

kgr8mike:
A

There is finger print capture and passport is also taken on the spot. And when they input the car registration number, the owner's details will come out online. So it is only the real owner that his bio-data will be captured.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by tizzle(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2016
i have tried to do it online but can't go beyond the registration stage... i can't get an application ID after i click on "register". i've been trying all morning
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
I went to Force H/O here in Lagos and I was asked to pay 10k. I paid and asked for capturing and they said i dont need to capture, i should come back same day to get it. How genuine is this?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by DUNKA(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
DrWise:
I went to Force H/O here in Lagos and I was asked to pay 10k. I paid and asked for capturing and they said i dont need to capture, i should come back same day to get it. How genuine is this?
Hmmmm just be careful why the new tinted permit came is is most importantly for Biometric capturing. Please make sure you are captured oh

I don't talk my own.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
I went back today and confronted the officer that what he gave me is fake without BIOMETRICS, he took me to the Assistant Commissioner who explained that the capture and biometric stuff was bringing various issues and the IGP has directed that this be issued and a communication would be sent before end of next week. He gave me his number if I am disturbed to call him.

The attached is what my 10k and 2k at the gate bought.

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by DUNKA(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
DrWise:
I went back today and confronted the officer that what he gave me is fake without BIOMETRICS, he took me to the Assistant Commissioner who explained that the capture and biometric stuff was bringing various issues and the IGP has directed that this be issued and a communication would be sent before end of next week. He gave me his number if I am disturbed to call him.

with this your username I trust you will not accept this crap. By the time you dey for road I can assure you the number will be busy and by then grammar will start grin

My brother to not be deceived as of today this is a fake behind the door permit which will cause you only trouble. Please see how a genuine permit with Biometric duly captured is meant to look at.

There is only 1top officer designated to sign and even the police in the field know that.

Do not be deceived but sorry your money don enter voice mail
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by DUNKA(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
DUNKA:
with this your username I trust you will not accept this crap. By the time you dey for road I can assure you the number will be busy and by then grammar will start grin

My brother to not be deceived as of today this is a fake behind the door permit which will cause you only trouble. Please see how a genuine permit with Biometric duly captured is meant to look at.

There is only 1top officer designated to sign and even the police in the field know that.

Do not be deceived but sorry your money don enter voice mail
see original permit

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by bravolad(m): 7:58am On Aug 24, 2016
DrWise:

This is definitely fake. It's amazing that you deliberately decided to become a victim of fake tinted glass permit with all the information & sensitization on this forum regarding the process for tinted glass permit. Part of the reason share experiences is to educate other intending users of such service and equip them with firsthand information so they can be better guided when applying for such services.

For sure, police officers at the various check points will happily prey & feed on you. No two ways about it. By the time you call the number given to you by those who extorted you, the number will be unavailable.

Giving the porous nature of permit issuance and the multiplication of signatures by the police and in order to avoid the proliferation of signatures on the tinted glass permit the NPF high command decided to centralize the process as well as the signature (emphasis mine). The permit is signed by the CP FEDOPS for the IGP & no other officer is allowed to co-sign it.

In your best interest, start a new process of obtaining the tint permit with the right channel already detailed herein & follow through to the end.

Just my thought.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by DUNKA(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
bravolad:

This is definitely fake. It's amazing that you deliberately decided to become a victim of fake tinted glass permit with all the information & sensitization on this forum regarding the process for tinted glass permit. Part of the reason share experiences is to educate other intending users of such service and equip them with firsthand information so they can be better guided when applying for such services.

For sure, police officers at the various check points will happily prey & feed on you. No two ways about it. By the time you call the number given to you by those who extorted you, the number will be unavailable.

Giving the porous nature of permit issuance and the multiplication of signatures by the police and in order to avoid the proliferation of signatures on the tinted glass permit the NPF high command decided to centralize the process as well as the signature (emphasis mine). The permit is signed by the CP FEDOPS for the IGP & no other officer is allowed to co-sign it.

In your best interest, start a new process of obtaining the tint permit with the right channel already detailed herein & follow through to the end.

Just my thought.
Just goes to show that even with numerous threads clearly stating that you must do Biometric capture some people still prefer to follow bad advise.

Drwise kindly go and restart the correct process and do Biometric capture for you will be troubled on the road oh.

It is a pity that you may end up spending more but it is for your own benefit
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by chelseabmw(m): 12:25am On Oct 14, 2016
smiley smiley
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
Dis mine since 26th of February 2016.One got approved and collected in may.the second one just got approved yesterday
so it takes months

halfcurrent:

I did my biometric in Phc since April and was told to be checking online for status of approval before visiting the police command for the original print out. But up till now I have been checking online and the status is still "awaiting approval ". Same with several other persons I know that did theirs about the same time. Meanwhile venture to travel from PHC to owerri. There are not less than 15 check points BTW Elele and Owerri. Their primary job is to extort as much money as possible all in the name of tinted permit. By the way when is the deadline now? And why can't police high command make it very clear? Just like they are deliberately unclear about the whole stuff to still give them opportunity to extort money from m
otorists
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
Did mine since 26th of February 2016.One got approved and collected in may.the second one just got approved yesterday
so it takes months

halfcurrent:

I did my biometric in Phc since April and was told to be checking online for status of approval before visiting the police command for the original print out. But up till now I have been checking online and the status is still "awaiting approval ". Same with several other persons I know that did theirs about the same time. Meanwhile venture to travel from PHC to owerri. There are not less than 15 check points BTW Elele and Owerri. Their primary job is to extort as much money as possible all in the name of tinted permit. By the way when is the deadline now? And why can't police high command make it very clear? Just like they are deliberately unclear about the whole stuff to still give them opportunity to extort money from m
otorists
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Folajay22(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
Please..to the people in Lagos, which command exactly df u take ur online form to for the capturing part? Does it have to be the headquarters at obalende?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by sehawale: 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
They claim their machine for capturing biodata at kam-Salem obalende is not working. They will now give you the old permit without pix.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by selfmadeboss: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
kgr8mike:
For some days now I have been going to Awka Area Command for my tinted permit. The officer in charge told us that the processing cost is N5000 with an additional recharge card of N1000 to check the authenticity of the car registration details online.

But the police that stops us on the road said it is free and most people are saying it is free.

Now Awka does a minimum 30 cars every day. In fact the first 30 persons are attended to and the rest will be told to go till the next day. Now people come as a early as 5,6,6:30am to book a space.

So N1000 recharge card by 30 is N30,000.00 plus N5000 cash payment which is N150,000.00. So they make a minimum of N180,000.00 daily.

If they do it from Monday till Friday it means they generate unaccounted N3.6Million monthly. And with the rush this is just possible.

Please for those in Nairaland that are going for the tinted permit or have gone, We will like to know the cost in your area so we can compare and contrast. We will also like to know the exact conditions put in place for the Tinted Permit Administration.

Thanks.
People dey. Ake money you dey here dey count am
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by dearie(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2019
Did mine and went for capturing recently and was told it would take about 3 months. Only got my biodata page signed and stamped for the grace period.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by sammily(m): 10:15am On Aug 27, 2020
Pls were in Lagos can one go for capturing and can I drive the car around with only the printout?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nafizzey(m): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2020
kgr8mike:

Thanks.
Hi eventually, did you tint the Car and how much did it cost you?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kgr8mike(m): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nafizzey:
Hi eventually, did you tint the Car and how much did it cost you?

I never got it until the car went off my custody. Just ask an honest police person you know.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by chuxmgc: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Please house what's the current process to get tint permit and how long does it takes?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by sammily(m): 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
chuxmgc:
Please house what's the current process to get tint permit and how long does it takes?

The IG suspended issuance of new tint permit a while ago to enable them re-organised the process. I'm not sure if they have recommenced reissue now.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by chuxmgc: 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
sammily:

The IG suspended issuance of new tint permit a while ago to enable them re-organised the process. I'm not sure if they have recommenced reissue now.
Please so what's the solution now as I am about to pay for a car that has a factory fitted tinted glass.
Hope the police won't give disturbing me on the road

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos) / When Your Exotic Ride Is About To Be Kazeemed!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.