Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? (32995 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / New Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by vani86: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2016
bravolad:

You at part of a set of people giving Nigeria a bad image. Tint permit is free and should not be paid for. It's usually obtained within 2 -3 working days depending on your state and traffic at your prefered police command.

Anybody that told you that you get it within 4 days is joking, if you take the legit route, it will take upto a year. And the reason i rushed mine was because it was not factory fitted.

If it was, i woukd have chilled and gone legit

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by vani86: 7:37am On Aug 20, 2016
colossus2:

Did you get it in a week? Which state?

Not a week though, a week plusbut less than 2. In ph
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 20, 2016
Any person that asks you to pay money for tinted glass permit in Nigeria is a CRIMINAL. IG of police made it abundantly clear that it's FREE. PLEASE REPORT ANY PERSON that demands for money from you because such fellow is 99.9% likely to give you FAKE permit. I got my own free, totally free last two weeks. Make sure you go there with your printout, simple. Ignorance and timidity are the problems most Nigerians have

2 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by 001bumsa: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2016
In Port Harcourt, this is my fourth month of submitting my print out, am yet to be called for capturing. Went to the office this week to check what the problem was, and was still told to wait for their call before coming for capture. I don tire.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Getintouch2004(m): 7:54am On Aug 20, 2016
Vision2045:
WHATS THE USE OF IT. WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES NA HIN TINTED GLASS ABI...ABI TINTED GLASS NA BULLET PROOF. coolWHATS THE USE OF IT. WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES NA HIN TINTED GLASS ABI...ABI TINTED GLASS NA BULLET PROOF.

grin Are you on repeat mode?

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kolaa007(m): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2016
Pls i need to ask a question the car am driving is not under my name its my brothers name..can i go and do the permit under my name or i would have to tell my brother to come down from the usa to come and do capturing?

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by solreb: 8:03am On Aug 20, 2016
I did all our cars in PHC absolutely free. Go online from around midnight (because the npf site is congested) and fill the firm, print it out, take photos of the car back and forth along with your application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by halfcurrent(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2016
001bumsa:
In Port Harcourt, this is my fourth month of submitting my print out, am yet to be called for capturing. Went to the office this week to check what the problem was, and was still told to wait for their call before coming for capture. I don tire.

I did my biometric in Phc since April and was told to be checking online for status of approval before visiting the police command for the original print out. But up till now I have been checking online and the status is still "awaiting approval ". Same with several other persons I know that did theirs about the same time. Meanwhile venture to travel from PHC to owerri. There are not less than 15 check points BTW Elele and Owerri. Their primary job is to extort as much money as possible all in the name of tinted permit. By the way when is the deadline now? And why can't police high command make it very clear? Just like they are deliberately unclear about the whole stuff to still give them opportunity to extort money from motorists

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by pattybf(f): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2016
bornmekus:
Tinted permit is free, I did the capturing last month at police headquarters in Asaba . I never and did not pay any money. Although they captures maximum of 10 people a day. so, If you want to do it there, you go by 3 to 4am.

u for go sleep there ni

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Mrgreat(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2016
its free, its free thts all im hearing and i be lik WHAAAT?
I went to their office at onitsha n they said i hv to get doctors report first then i pay 15k for the normal type or 20k for d original cert from Abuja.
when i went to d Doctor at Gen. Hospital onitsha, the man said he charges 20k but for being a corper, i should bring 10k last, i pleaded 5k he refused n watch me leave, saying not even 9500 wil b accepted.
i was angry n hvnt done anything since then. last week though.
i tink i need advice here.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2016
victorazy:

I bet u don't have car.
Gold is the ppl that know the value
yes I don't..you can share since you have so much of it.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by adeyemik: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2016
halfcurrent:

I did my biometric in Phc since April and was told to be checking online for status of approval before visiting the police command for the original print out. But up till now I have been checking online and the status is still "awaiting approval ". Same with several other persons I know that did theirs about the same time. Meanwhile venture to travel from PHC to owerri. There are not less than 15 check points BTW Elele and Owerri. Their primary job is to extort as much money as possible all in the name of tinted permit. By the way when is the deadline now? And why can't police high command make it very clear? Just like they are deliberately unclear about the whole stuff to still give them opportunity to extort money from motorists

[b]Tinted permit is absolutely free. If you're asked to pay or charged for it, all you've to do is call the number on the NPF police site and report to them that you're being ask to pay.

Secondly, if you've done your capturing and it wasn't approve within 48 hours, your application may be having one of the following issues -
1. Your license plate is fake, not in the FRSC database.
2. Your vehicle particulars is not genuine.
3. Your scan and attached document is blur, making it unreadable.
4. Lastly, the attached document, though, attached but returned blank on the NPF database.

I did my biometric capturing in Lagos, but my application remained unapproved for over 2 weeks. Fortunately, a work assignment took me to Abuja and I the opportunity to make inquiry on why my application was not approved. I went to the police headquarter in Abuja, met the officers in charge (the guys are well mannered, educated and respectful, infact, I tagged them as ''Corporate Police Officers). They listened to my complaint, collected the print out, pronto login into their application, only to discovered that all the attached documents for the vehicles were blank. I was asked if I had the originals with me, so that they can assist me to scan and attached to the application. Unfortunately, it wasn't with me. but had the scanned document on my laptop. I was advised to scan and reattached the documents again to my application.

However, he carried out a check to confirm the originality of the plate number, the officer logged into the FRSC and VIO database to validate what was on the printout -

1. VIN number
2. The address - Address on your application against what was on FRSC database
3. Your plate number.
4. Your proof of ownership - Majority of proof of ownership are fake.

All was found to be ok, and he told me to give him a call once I complete the reattachment. Immediately, I got back to hotel, I reattached the scan document, called him, and within 24 hours it was approved. I picked up my tinted permit in Lagos on arrival.

[size=14pt]Note - If your documents are ok, approval is given within 48 hours. My issue with the application process is the inability of the software used by NPF to bust out email to the applicant, if there is/are issues with the application.[/b][/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by nwaanambra1(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2016
[size=13pt]why must you use tinted glasses??

what are you people hiding from??

any body using tinted is somehow evil and definitely a vampire (either vampire for blood or vampire for evil deeds) and is afraid of day light! QED![/size]
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kimacent(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2016
Tinted permit is free just lik bail is free.
"I no follow for PH na 10'K" talk about wen u com become a suspect.
As for tinted Permit it's BTW 6k to 12k. If u fall mugu 4 dem na 20k.
Police it a good money making agency in naija dats Y the application was so much. Joint 10000 intending hustling guyz to wht we hv already u kwn what it's gonna be.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by DUNKA(m): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2016
Free in Jos, Plateau state but just gave appreciation of 2k and after I collected gave another appreciation when I collected

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by dokiOloye(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2016
tripzalee:

Why buhari??
Yes,Buhari.
Anybody who claims to be fighting corruption in Nigeria should start from the police.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by xdos(m): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2016
Check this http://npf.gov.ng/tinted
OROSUNBOLB:

Can we have the site address please? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2016
Slimchase:

Just type "NPF Tinted Permit" in google and click d 1st link dat will pop up.
Ur sure bet of opening d site is @ late nite cos there is always trafic on it during d day.

I did mine online and proceeded 2 d Police station near Enugu new Sectariat fo capturing. I just appreciated d fair guy with #1,500 after d capturing and I made him to know dat even when I know d tinted permit is free, dat I just decided to appreciate him and he seems very happy.

Thank you very much. You're one of the very few who still make Nairaland informative.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kgr8mike(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2016
jazinogold:
na so I dy waka with my dark shade...naim some group of policemen stop me dy ask for my tinted permit for my dark shade. I told them am not driving a car. naim one reply pointing at my sandals... no b leggedize Benz u dy drive so! I *fainted* on the spot.

How many likes for our intelligent policemen...!

Guy, why are u like this? grin grin grin
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kgr8mike(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2016
A
kolaa007:
Pls i need to ask a question the car am driving is not under my name its my brothers name..can i go and do the permit under my name or i would have to tell my brother to come down from the usa to come and do capturing?

There is finger print capture and passport is also taken on the spot. And when they input the car registration number, the owner's details will come out online. So it is only the real owner that his bio-data will be captured.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kgr8mike(m): 11:10am On Aug 20, 2016
nwaanambra1:
[size=13pt]why must you use tinted glasses??

what are you people hiding from??

any body using tinted is somehow evil and definitely a vampire (either vampire for blood or vampire for evil deeds) and is afraid of day light! QED![/size]

The tinted glasses are factory fitted. So they came with the vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by realmenrealhats(m): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2016
i believe the other brother was more proactive than you. yours was selfish while the man gave details of how much the government is losing from these thieves. He gave us details than can lead to the arrest of these men stealing form the general citizens. you did yours and no one knew about it. who deserves an award? you made no research as to the implication of the actions of these criminal officers. how else can a man be proactive? his information is more vital to the government than yours. did you ever read his comment or you just wanted to shade him?
bravolad:

Tinted glass permit is absolutely free. All you need to do is to make the required application at their website and upload your vehicle license and proof of ownership ensuring that your policy no is valid online with FRSC.

Get your print out and proceed to any police command. There are some phone numbers listed on their website for complaints, you can call any of those number to lodge a complain.

Beware, those asking you for money may issue you with fake permit. Approval is also down online.

Don't just sit and complain, be proactive in your approach.

I did mine in Abuja.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by CeeC: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2016
In Abia State,it is an open secret that the Tinted Permit costs N5, 000 flat at the Police Hqtrs, Umuahia. You either pay the money or no deal. If you have not filled the form online & generated the print-out, they will send you to their ring member to fill the form online OR confirm your vehicle license number OR to get your NIN from NIMC office. At each stage, people are ripped off and members of the syndicate smile to the banks. Even though the Permit is said to be free, people are either ignorant or scared to challenge their oppressors. Police deliberately create artificial difficulties (like limiting the number of people they will attend to in a day) so as to compel applicants submit to this extortion. Of course, the Police high command cannot feign ignorance of what is going on. It happens in the State Command Hqrs @ Bende Road under the nose of the CP, DCP & ACPs

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by femimat(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2016
It is terrible....I did mine in Lagos command. The attendant told me it's free but I must drop 5k for processing and appreciation. I gave him 3k that that's all I can afford....

After 3 months my permit was still not approved....after several visit, he told me it was rejected that I should re apply, I had to give him additional 2k after the said reapplication...

Shortly after, my permit was approved for collection.

The same in most command. The leadership of NPF are all aware....there is 'return' so they will not talk....in Lagos police command. The receptionist at the gate will ALWAYS ask for bribe in the very presence of police officers...what a world....I wonder when Nigeria go better....
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by nwaanambra1(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2016
kgr8mike:

The tinted glasses are factory fitted. So they came with the vehicle.

am not talking about the ones that came with the vehicle am talking about the dark tinted glasses that majority of the people plastered on their cars themselves. factory fitted tinted don't go all dark like most posters here have on their cars!
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by patonyx1: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2016
The link below is for the registration process. And its free.

http://npf.gov.ng/tinted/

regards

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by adamooye: 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
PROCESS OF OBTAINING A MOTOR VEHICHE TINTED GLASS PERMIT.

1.   Log on to www.npf.gov.ng

2.   Click tinted permit link on the quick-link menu.

3.   Fill the registration form on the right to obtain an Application ID.

4.   Complete the Application Process by Login in with your email and the Application ID electronically generated.

5.   Fill the Bio-Data form when logged-in and enter the details of the Vehicle you want to obtaintinted permit for with the instructions outlined on the page.

6.   Upload your vehicle license, proof of ownership, certificate of insurance, road worthiness, medical report, driver’s license and other relevant documents.

7.   Print out the information submitted then take the Print-out tothe State Intelligence Bureau (SIB) inany Police Command, to capture your biometrics.

8.   Applicants applying on medical grounds must upload a medical report obtained from any government hospital and must bring original copies of all relevant documents for verification before their biometric can be captured.

9.   Upon completion of this procedure, your application shall be processed and decisions including issuance of the permit if application is successful shall be conveyed within five working days.

Your application will be fully processed after these steps. Applicants with challenges of processing their application online can go to the State Intelligence Bureau (SIB) within their State Police Command or the FHQ Abuja for support.

Note that motor vehicle tinted permit can only be issued to applicants that meets the requirement as stated in section 66(2) of the National Road Traffic Regulation (1997) and Section 1(1) of the Motor Vehicle (prohibition of tinted glass) ACT, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by itsede: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
Tinted permit is free so said the police. but have you considered the stress involved. Don't be surprise your application wasn't processed due to x and y trust our police especially in Lagos where the large crowd is usually scary. save yourself these many stress, by consulting us for your tinted permit, vehicle license, change of ownership, auto reg, documents renewal, driver license and general motor vehicles perfection. Your satisfaction is our priority.
Contact Name: MARK
Tel: 07059451948 & watsapp Thanks.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Santi222(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
OK...Need to tint mine too...
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by ClitRaider: 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
It's free in lagos.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by victorazy(m): 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
Vision2045:

yes I don't..you can share since you have so much of it.

grin wait till 2045 bro grin
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by willibounce1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
The country has a long way to go. The stupid civil servants hide necessary information from the public. FRSC,KAI, VIO, POLICE are all bunch of corrupt and useless people.

You go to their website to find the exact fee for a particular document or change of ownership and you will never find the price. But when you go to their office, about 3 to 4 officials will give different prices. Same thing to get a passport too. They will tell a particular price on the site and when you get to the office it is something different. Very annoying set of people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions / Guy Knocked Out By Lamborghini Owner After Jumping On His £320k Supercar For Fun / Wife Damages Her Lexus ES350 Car, Then Blames Husband (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.