Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Opera Max: How Does It Work? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opera Max: How Does It Work? (11040 Views)

Trying To Use Opera Max On Tecno L8 But Not Compatible / Ntel 4g Simcard- What Kind Of Modem Would It Work With? / Opera Max Now Faster,secure And Saves Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 19, 2016
Turks:
On a real tho, I really don't have a need for dat reduction. I enjoy my google chrome any day. Period.

chisos!!!!!!...did I hear you say chrome?
that's a data guzzler

1 Like

Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 19, 2016
donhils I'm surprised nobody has been able to brief the o.p on how it actually works.

O.P this is classified info cheesy

Open Opera Max, go to mobile usage and click on "connect". Before now, doing this alone would save automatically save about 50% of your data but it has been compromised and only saves a negligible amount of data. But not to worry, there's an even better function of the Opera max.

Opera max helps block data. meaning that those apps that run 24/7 on the background draining all your data can now be blocked. Yes! Simply go to "app management", look for "mobile access"; here you see all the apps you have on your phone and you can proceed to block any app that continually drains all your data.

Also, you may want to download the new opera mini that helps you save up to 45% when streaming videos and 85% when downloading. if these two apps are used together, you will no longer complain of data crisis.

I hope I helped.

2 Likes

Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2016
donhils:
I've heard several times about how opera max helps save data on phones. I have installed and uninstalled that app more than 6 times due to my inability to understand its actual mechanism for data saving.
Does that thing really work? Do u use it?
all those applications na waaash!

If u want to save data on ur android phone use Lite ucweb browser. For downloading, yutub and browsing.

I mean small ucbrowser saves alot of data on your phone just like java phones.
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by dasphinx1(m): 8:01am On Aug 19, 2016
BabaAlabi:
Opera saves data by compressing Web pages. When you click on any site, opera uses their server to open the site and send the webpage back to your phone in a compressed format.This reduces the cumulative data (mb) that would initially have been exhausted.
Do you understand?

@OP, this is the answer to your question
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by MikeB3(m): 8:01am On Aug 19, 2016
The Opera Max is wonderful.... Absolutely reliable with the features intact, though it is highly technical to understand the data saving feature. However, you may need to install it again and enjoy it. Infact I open my Nairaland.com on it daily and it is massively fast!
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by dasphinx1(m): 8:02am On Aug 19, 2016
stardragon:

all those applications na waaash!

If u want to save data on ur android phone use Lite ucweb browser. For downloading, yutub and browsing.

I mean small ucbrowser saves alot of data on your phone just like java phones.

Opera max actually works as advertised bro....
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2016
Google Duo video call is now available,i downloaded mine yesterday,
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Nmeri17: 8:12am On Aug 19, 2016
SirElaw:
By passing every page you request for through an Opera dedicated server where compression is made, it reduces the size of that page that gets to your phone. It might however seem slower because of this extra route. No I don't use it.
Have you got any specifics regarding what happens at the server? What exactly does their server exclude from the files uploaded by the webmaster?
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by WhyAmISoQuiet: 8:47am On Aug 19, 2016
The primary reason I use it is to block applications I'm not using from accessing internet. It helps increase internet speed for apps I use and saves data and airtime. With opera max I can manage 5 mb for a day on my android without worrying about apps sucking data in the background.
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 19, 2016
VPN apps are just battery drainers ,, i think i would sacrifice my data for more battery juice than the other way around
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by snrr(f): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2016
SirElaw:
By passing every page you request for through an Opera dedicated server where compression is made, it reduces the size of that page that gets to your phone. It might however seem slower because of this extra route. No I don't use it. When you have 10GB for N2500, the time you spend waiting would be more valuable to you than data saving.
pls which network?
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by SirElaw(m): 9:08am On Aug 19, 2016
Nmeri17:
Have you got any specifics regarding what happens at the server? What exactly does their server exclude from the files uploaded by the webmaster?
For one it passes on a lower quality of images amongst other things.
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by donhils: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Omudia:
donhils I'm surprised nobody has been able to brief the o.p on how it actually works.

O.P this is classified info cheesy

Open Opera Max, go to mobile usage and click on "connect". Before now, doing this alone would save automatically save about 50% of your data but it has been compromised and only saves a negligible amount of data. But not to worry, there's an even better function of the Opera max.

Opera max helps block data. meaning that those apps that run 24/7 on the background draining all your data can now be blocked. Yes! Simply go to "app management", look for "mobile access"; here you see all the apps you have on your phone and you can proceed to block any app that continually drains all your data.

Also, you may want to download the new opera mini that helps you save up to 45% when streaming videos and 85% when downloading. if these two apps are used together, you will no longer complain of data crisis.

I hope I helped.
Yea that's more like it.
I have the latest opera mini though, but it doesn't watch YouTube videos, instead it redirects me to the main YouTube app.

2 Likes

Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by SirElaw(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2016
snrr:

pls which network?
Glo.
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Uchizzy(m): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2016
The app is pretty cool...it saves your data and you can also block apps that uses ur data in background
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Godwin978(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2016
i installed it some months ago. it seems to be consuming data instead of saving so i immediatly unstallled it
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Trustyd1(m): 11:57am On Aug 19, 2016
Opera max is a very useful app for all android users. Not only that it monitors your data usage u can use it to stop some apps from using ur data in the background. And if u're someone like me that hate apps with ads u can use it to block any app from getting Internet access. Example is, having an app that u use but don't really need it to be connected like some photo editing apps or some games that comes with ads. Once u add them to block those apps will never show any ads again.
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Trustyd1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
Godwin978:
i installed it some months ago. it seems to be consuming data instead of saving so i immediatly unstallled it
u get it wrong. It's not consuming data rather every app goes Tru it hence de reason u see it with data consumption in ur data usage
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
Trust me it does. That's what I use always.

All you need to do is switch from "extreme savings" to "high savings". That's all.
donhils:

Yea that's more like it.
I have the latest opera mini though, but it doesn't watch YouTube videos, instead it redirects me to the main YouTube app.
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by Respect55(m): 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Just learnt few things today
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by prinsam30: 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
I've been using opera Max since last year, and right now I'm still using it, the most important advantage of this app is that it helps to restrict irrelevant apps eating up your data secretly, it helps to control all your apps, giving permission to any app you wish to use your data.

I read many people says, it slow their network, some complained it drains their battery, well to me it has not done any of the above, it has been serving me since last year and it's still serving now
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by MrImole: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
steffans:
In dis Era of cheap data...

I hardly forget my data is running low till I get a notification saying I have 1128 MB remaining...
chai! come and share me data o grin I need am seriously o. 1gig no dey last me 4days...
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by LaJose78(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
It works 4 me well well. I remember lyk six months ago, anytime I put on my data, some unknown apps will just start downloading useless apps on my phone without my permission... In seconds my data would av been sucked up by dese vampire apps. Then opera max did it for me! It makes known all dose unknown vampire apps, nd I blocked dem all. Now I can minimize my data usage thru it. It has never slowed down my fone lyk most ppl r saying tho, nd its always on on my fone.
Re: Opera Max: How Does It Work? by LaJose78(m): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
It works 4 me well well. I remember lyk six months ago, anytime I put on my data, some unknown apps will just start downloading useless apps on my phone without my permission... In seconds my data would av been sucked up by dese vampire apps. Then opera max did it for me! It makes known all dose unknown vampire apps, nd I blocked dem all. Now I can maximize my data usage thru it. It has never slowed down my fone lyk most ppl r saying tho, nd its always on on my fone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: HowTo Download 2go On Nokia C1 / Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. / Etisalat Caller Tune Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.