Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Sack Justice Okon Abang Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Justice Okon Abang Now (2401 Views)

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
Dear Nigerians, without much ado, I am calling for the sack of this Justice Okon Abang. I am from Akwa Ibom State but let put brother aside and face this squarely.

All the drama and confusion this man is causing in the Judiciary is something to worry about. From the PDP power tussle to the Govt Ikpeazu's sack. This man is making mockery of our judiciary. He should be sacked! Or is it a normal thing in the judiciary for Justice to dish out order and judgement without thorough insight into the case? I am a lay man when it comes to law, but I have common sense.

NJC should take action on this or we won't like the precedence this will bring. NBA should tighten her noose. This is embarrassing. It is shameful and it is laughable.

I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
inforesource:
Dear Nigerians, without much ado, I am calling for the sack of this Justice Okon Abang. I am from Akwa Ibom State but let put brother aside and face this squarely.

All the drama and confusion this man is causing in the Judiciary is something to worry about. From the PDP power tussle to the Govt Ikpeazu's sack. This man is making mockery of our judiciary. He should be sacked! Or is it a normal thing in the judiciary for Justice to dish out order and judgement without thorough insight into the case? I am a lay man when it comes to law, but I have common sense.

NJC should take action on this or we won't like the precedence this will bring. NBA should tighten her noose. This is embarrassing. It is shameful and it is laughable.

I rest my case.

Is EFCC not going to arrest this Judge? Or is he not among the so call corrupt Judges?

1 Like

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
This APC judge has friends in high places

No one will sack him

4 Likes

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by Abeymills(m): 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
Na bubuhari puppet
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by babdap: 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Oya forward your petition to NJC and copy DSS and EFCC for further necessary action
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by AirFireEarthH20: 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
Justice Okon Abang and I are from the same place. If he is not careful, these politicians using him now will dump him and even rubbish him later

3 Likes

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
The question now is, why is he not in the net of EFCC and DSS with all the arrest made so far on corrupt judges. His judgments are questionable.
He should be investigated. Or is this corruption war a selective one? I don't get it at all.

AirFireEarthH20:
Justice Okon Abang and I are from the same place. If he is not careful, these politicians using him now will dump him and even rubbish him later
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by saintmark88(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sack him because he doesn't give judgement n ur favour, because he is up and doing, because he is one of d good heads n d judiciary...Wht r u allegations against him, can u prove that he has collected bribe to give judgement that doesn't favour u n those u support. Quote me in vain, o dnt reply unnecessary quotes

3 Likes

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
If we continue like this, we won't make any headway in this country. How can we put sentiments on everything in this country. How can his useless judgment(s) favours me? I'm I the one in the eye of the storm?

This man's judgments almost made me to hate this honourable profession, just as some of his colleagues, currently in EEFCC's net did.

I will search for those conflicting and useless judgments and post it here.

saintmark88:
Sack him because he doesn't give judgement n ur favour, because he is up and doing, because he is one of d good heads n d judiciary...Wht r u allegations against him, can u prove that he has collected bribe to give judgement that doesn't favour u n those u support. Quote me in vain, o dnt reply unnecessary quotes
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by saintmark88(m): 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
inforesource:
If we continue like this, we won't make any headway in this country. How can we put sentiments on everything in this country. How can his useless judgment(s) favours me? I'm I the one in the eye of the storm?

This man's judgments almost made me to hate this honourable profession, just as some of his colleagues, currently in EEFCC's net did.

I will search for those conflicting and useless judgments and post it here.

Did u support the judges home invasion and arrest??, r u in support that they step aside n face trial??
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2016
I frowned at the judges home invasion. The act was undemocratic and archaic.
That said, I support the call for the accused judges to step down for investigation.

It is only in Nigeria an accused person will remain in office even when there are evidence of corrupt practices.

saintmark88:

Did u support the judges home invasion and arrest??, r u in support that they step aside n face trial??
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by JusticeSeeker: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2016
sure @OP is a pdp benefactor. Justice Okon Abang is one of the few Justices that have refused to be compromised by the corrupt pdp government then and now. this I'd for your information.
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by saintmark88(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2016
inforesource:
I frowned at the judges home invasion. The act was undemocratic and archaic.
That said, I support the call for the accused judges to step down for investigation.

It is only in Nigeria an accused person will remain in office even when there are evidence of corrupt practices.

It is undemocratic for the police to invade d homes of judges but it is not undemocratic for them to invade ur own home or my own home...........ur hypocrisy stinks

1 Like

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2016
I believe you are educated enough to know that what is wrong can never be made right. If police invades your home without due process, that doesn't make the practice right.

I really don't know your position on this matter. What I am saying here is that Justice Okon Abang, according to his conflicting judgments, seems to be collecting some bribes to ditch out his judgments or maybe influenced by top politicians either by cash or by kind. I am not sure if you have followed the trend, but I do. I am hoping to see him in the EFCC's net soon, if this war against corruption is not lopsided or selective.

saintmark88:

It is undemocratic for the police to invade d homes of judges but it is not undemocratic for them to invade ur own home or my own home...........ur hypocrisy stinks

1 Like

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by saintmark88(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2016
inforesource:
I believe you are educated enough to know that what is wrong can never be made right. If police invades your home without due process, that doesn't make the practice right.

I really don't know your position on this matter. What I am saying here is that Justice Okon Abang, according to his conflicting judgments, seems to be collecting some bribes to ditch out his judgments or maybe influenced by top politicians either by cash or by kind. I am not sure if you have followed the trend, but I do. I am hoping to see him in the EFCC's net soon, if this war against corruption is not lopsided or selective.

What do u mean by without due process, there was a warrant to search their homes and a warrant of arrest obtained from a magistrate court n abj....so what oda due process r u talking bout??
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by tuniski: 9:15am On Oct 26, 2016
saintmark88:

It is wrong whether the home of regular citizens or judges. Wrong is wrong. The police have been getting away with a lot of wrong on the masses and cheering them on cos they are doing so to others and specifically elites, is low!

1 Like

Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 9:20am On Oct 26, 2016
Seriously! shocked I hope you are not following this news up on Nairaland ooooo? Please pay close attention to your news feeds.

saintmark88:

What do u mean by without due process, there was a warrant to search their homes and a warrant of arrest obtained from a magistrate court n abj....so what oda due process r u talking bout??
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by saintmark88(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2016
inforesource:
Seriously! shocked I hope you are not following this news up on Nairaland ooooo? Please pay close attention to your news feeds.

Oh u dnt know they had search warrants and warrants of arrest??, or u just choose to believe tht they don't so u can convince yourself that what they did was nt n accordance with due process....either ways ur case is a really pathetic one
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by saintmark88(m): 10:27am On Oct 26, 2016
tuniski:

It is wrong whether the home of regular citizens or judges. Wrong is wrong. The police have been getting away with a lot of wrong on the masses and cheering them on cos they are doing so to others and specifically elites, is low!

Is the police wrong to arrest a citizen or to search a citizens home, with a valid search warrant or a valid warrant of arrest from a competent court??
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 26, 2016
His judgment is consistently pro-APC, anti-PDP, but its not an offence. I pray he retire soon.
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by hannyjay(f): 11:17am On Oct 26, 2016
inforesource:

pls use ur brain. Tell us any allegation against him or forever remain a wailer
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
It is amazing what is going on in Nigeria today. @hannyjay, I don't know how old are you, but if you are still young pls I want you to learn how to tackle issues without sentiments. I have come to realise in Nairaland, that if you oppose GEJ, you are a zoombi and if you oppose PMB, you are a wailer.

How did we get here? Why are we so blind in so much that we oppose what is right even when it is obvious that it is right and stand for the wrong thing even when it is glaring that it's wrong?

However, when I wrote this post there was no signs of this unceremonial raids of judges' homes. I wrote it when Justice Okon Abang was dishing out conflicting judgments. I remember then Nigerians and even lawyers frowned at it.

Pls note: my position in this whole matter is that I am aware that our judicial system is very corrupt. A huge one! But that is not an excuse to bridge human rights and rule of law. This is the most reason why Nigeria is still backward.

hannyjay:
pls use ur brain. Tell us any allegation against him or forever remain a wailer
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
kin8744:
His judgment is consistently pro-APC, anti-PDP, but its not an offence. I pray he retire soon.

And nobody sees that. But that aside, I am concern with the way this man is giving his judgement. How did he even rise to that position?
Re: Sack Justice Okon Abang Now by inforesource: 7:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Again, appeal court Judge calls the judgement of Justice Okon Abang Fraudulent and illegal.

There is something wrong with this man judgements. I'm I the only one seeing it? This man seems to be collecting bribe.

Thank God now Fayose is calling on his sack too.

(1) (Reply)

See One Of The Young Intellectuals Who Is One Of PMB Latest Appointees. / One Month Old Stadium In Gbagada Looking Dilapidated. / Ekiti Poll; Fayose Congratulates Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.