Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? (29028 Views)

Daniel Joshua: Former N-Power Volunteer Gets N300,000 For Returning N60,000 / A N60k Job With N500 Expenses Daily / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2016
waywardpikin:
Just be sure your friend and the Hausa man are not playing a long con on you.

Every Naija person is a scammer to me until proven innocent o. No time.

Can you guess what Usain Bolt would do?
leave am make him dey there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by tete7000(m): 9:10am On Aug 19, 2016
Vivly:
Between the deep blue sea and the deep blue sea. The Devil is just somewhere watching.
Lalasticlala, help needed

Love this. You summarised it all. How I wish the devil is a nice guy though but he is not. He is always there to finish his victim off with upper cut after he has battered them well well.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by sojiboy(m): 9:10am On Aug 19, 2016
Don't dull
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Bukybabe(f): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Go and start business with your 500k.Laundry business or smtin.
Times are hard in Nigeria nd any dully go learn..firstly you have just seen your friend after some years right?yu need to be careful..though we know to find job in Nigeria na who know who...500k no be chicken change ooo.Before you know it thier number no go connect again.Sim card is free.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by dani1luv: 9:11am On Aug 19, 2016
How much is the Monthly salary first?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by kayceeD2(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

don't try it oooooooooo I beg u
if he real wanna help u, tell him wait till u receive ur first salary from d appointment he promise to render. then u pay him even double.
thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by onatisi(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Take the 50k,pay the Hausa man ,after all the 50k isn't yours,get the job and make sure you verify everything once you get the job. You have nothing to lose since it is the person that introduced you who is loaning you the money.
When you get the job,you will renegotiate the repayment.
Life is all about risk and this is even a safety risk

9 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by toyinkin(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2016
its so true, I got d same offer but I never follow it up.....cause scare of demdem boyz.BT gy I wil advise to make sure ure enlisted b4 looking 4 money wey no dey 2 pay cunt.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by WilliamsChelster(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Vivly:
Between the deep blue sea and the deep blue sea. The Devil is just somewhere watching.
Lalasticlala, help needed
Abeg wetin concern devil and the 500grand

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Supnaija(m): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2016
lacastre:
if he truly wants to help why not deduct it from your monthly salary,......abi for where person wey no get work wan raise 450k?

I concor..... Operation condor

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ephi123(f): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2016
Hmm, OP just be careful, for all we know your course mate could be running a scheme with the man.

It is quite sad though that for 4 years one can still be job-hunting, really a tough one. To be honest, if I were you, I would rather put that cash into the startup business ideas.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Supnaija(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2016
kayceeD2:

don't try it oooooooooo I beg u
if he real wanna help u, tell him wait till u receive ur first salary from d appointment he promise to render. then u pay him even double.
thank me later

I agree small. Double ke.... Thats almost a million bucks for this Buhari period
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by anochuko01(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2016
Your friend borrowed you the 50K... You're to pay 450K when the appointment is CONFIRMED. I think you're a bit safe. 50K isn't too much to take a risk on... But be careful, vigilant and watchful about the CONFIRMATION of the job and your 450K. Make sure you very and confirm the so called CONFIRMATION.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ceejay80s(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

Op the truth is that both of them want to scam u, that money he sent to u is just to make u believe its true

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by philchudi: 9:20am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

judeibro:

[quote author=judeibro post=48605008]I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

My brother, run for your life oooh, the tin na scam, my trusted friend whom I have been sharing things shocked hell out of me earlier this year with a similar scheme that I was a victim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by WomanWrappa(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2016
munezo:
It sounds very good since the hausa man gave you his official email to send your documents.

I will advise you to give it a try, since your friend has already given you 50k to pay the initial deposit.

Pay the man the 50k to book the slot but beg him to allow you to pay the 450k balance in instalments as soon as you resume and begin to receive salary.
You can beg him to allow you pay him 50k monthly until you complete the payment.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by wacoj(m): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2016
munezo:
It sounds very good since the hausa man gave you his official email to send your documents.

I will advise you to give it a try, since your friend has already given you 50k to pay the initial deposit.

Pay the man the 50k to book the slot but beg him to allow you to pay the 450k balance in instalments as soon as you resume and begin to receive salary.
You can beg him to allow you pay him 50k monthly until you complete the payment.

Best suggestion so far. Follow this idea and forget those people telling you to run away.
Meanwhile, Hausas are not too good in terms of 419, I can trust them better than other tribes including mine.

I have lived in their midst, I can tell you that they are trustworthy especially when they mention ALLAH!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by rita25(f): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2016
me sef need one slot oh !!!!!!!!!!! but ur frend has to pay the 50k for me when I get the job I will pay the 450k and refund him 70k if that's ok by him ....am serious no jokes pls...send me ur contact so we cantalk on phn.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by degas4all: 9:23am On Aug 19, 2016
grayht:
500k for dis kind weather...

y did u post dis kind of tins here it's a public domain u can seek advice xwhere.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Kakamorufu(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2016
i smell scam tho. Buh if its legit, let the job click first b4 u start paying the remain 450k in installment

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by hawk05(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2016
check email domain very well.. For example, the domain surfix is somewhat ABC@immigration.gov.ng and the fake wil look like ABC@immgriation.gov.ng.. Is it the same? NO.. Check the spelling again..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2016
degas4all:
y did u post dis kind of tins here it's a public domain u can seek advice xwhere.
pls read ur post again. Thank u
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Hawx(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2016
Guy look very well before you leap! That your seemingly good friend you saw last in 2012 could be a totally changed person.
That he was quick to send you #50,000 doesn't mean the deal is void of fraud. It might be a calculated attempt to fast track your quick response as to paying them the balance without you suspecting any foul play. I advise you tread cautiously so as not to be caught by their evil trap. I have heard several cases like this and the end has not always been palatable for the victims.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2016
I can see a lot of foools commenting on the first page on how he should go ahead with the customs job.

Go and start the business you want to start.If u like go give your money to scammer!you will be the biggest foool of the century!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Spells(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2016
500k...I hail oh...

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ceejay80s(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2016
Op run if u get sense,

My childhood best friend and classmate in same nursery nd pry sch scammed me in 2009 , his name is james owunna, the maggot is in london with my £300.
He will surely suffer for it,

Op , take ur 500k go start ur own business

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by AgentOfAllah: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2016
A guy who offers you a job on condition that you pay him a huge amount of money is a corrupt criminal who is taking advantage of your desperation. If you pay that money to him, you are an enabler of the crime, and this kind of system never ends well.

Supposing you get the job, you will probably then have to borrow a lot of money to pay this corrupt fellow. You will be 500,000 Naira short, and then might be forced to start engaging in corrupt activities at customs in order to settle your debt; because when you start as a junior cadre staff, there is no way you'll legally make that kind of money anytime soon. You may even lose your job and end up in jail if you crossed the wrong person...especially nowadays that people have easy access to cameras and other electronic media that can help expose corruption. I think I have counted around 10 police(wo)men who have lost their jobs in the last year alone, because somebody recorded them trying to extort civilians.

Also, such appointments are always in danger of being revoked. Supposing a new person is posted to head your department, and they find the circumstances under which you were employed objectionable, they may revoke that appointment, then you'll be in big debt and jobless. Basically, a lot of things can go wrong when you corruptly acquire employment.

OP, from your story, you've already set out on the path of an entrepreneur. I understand things are hard, but I like to think you're managing and surviving. My candid advise is that you continue on the difficult but honest path you've started as there is no shortcut to success. You just need determination and persistence, and eventually there will be a breakthrough. Very few successful business people started out on an easy path. I appeal to you to return your friend's money and thank him. Next, avoid like a plague, this insensitive, wicked, greedy, manipulative leech of a man who is only interested in your money, not your success.

Please OP, don't go that dark path. It may seem as attractive as chocolate, but with the right decorations, shit can also look like chocolate. A word is enough for the wise, but I've given you many because I hate to leave things to chances, but I hope you're wise!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by dustydee: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

Report both of them to the authorities. Don't pay for jobs, it is illegal. Contribute your quota to bringing and end to cash for jobs. That way you and your children will have a better chance of landing government jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ceejay80s(m): 9:36am On Aug 19, 2016
wacoj:

Best suggestion so far. Follow this idea and forget those people telling you to run away.
Meanwhile, Hausas are not too good in terms of 419, I can trust them better than other tribes including mine.

I have lived in their midst, I can tell you that they are trustworthy especially when they mention ALLAH!

What is this one vomiting, who told u that hausa people don't scam?, sidon there, come to my area make I show u hausa scammers

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Paulo4life(m): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2016
My Broda if man truly wants to help then let him deduct the money from your salary after U have gotten the job

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by XwhY(m): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2016
go ahead Bro. pay the 50k and beg to pay from your salary when you start work
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by 989900: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2016
wacoj:

ROFLMAO! cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's My Chance As A Physics Graduate In The Job Market / Nnpc Vacancies Details / 2020 Police Recruitment: IGP Suspends Entry Requirements For Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.