Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? (29040 Views)

Daniel Joshua: Former N-Power Volunteer Gets N300,000 For Returning N60,000 / A N60k Job With N500 Expenses Daily / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by TheProfe: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

Chief.. if the Hausa man has asked you to pay the N450k balance after the deal has pulled through and the initial deposit of N50k could easily be taken care of by your friend... I'm wondering, what exactly is your concern

I expect that you'd receive monthly remuneration upon resumption and should be able to service the N450k at that point.

Given these assumptions, I could say you really have no course to fear.

Please let us know if there are other atttached "conditionalities".

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by judeibro(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2016
TheProfe:

Chief.. if the Hausa man has asked you to pay the N450k balance after the deal has pulled through and the initial deposit of N50k could easily be taken care of by your friend... I'm wondering, what exactly is your concern

I expect that you'd receive monthly remuneration upon resumption and should be able to service the N450k at that point.

Given these assumptions, I could say you really have no course to fear.

Please let us know if there are other atttached "conditionalities".

None bros. I was just thinking if everything pull through, N450,000 won't be a heavy burden on me to repay. I hate debt, and the pressure attached to it.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ayanbaba2(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
to nairabet goons! please help me with the odds. 50k to 450k is 9odds. OP! run!run! it might be a scaM.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by PETRUCE: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
I dont quite undastand you...

You are to pay 500k but 50k downpayment which u'll complete the 450 wen u get the appiontnent and that your friend already borrowed you 50k?.. if thats the case den I think you are already dulling youare not spending your money yet
*the mallam or aboki u speak about probably knows what you'll be earning when you get the job seeing that paying him his 450k shouldnt be abt u owning such money but you been stingy to give out such a huge sum
*if we assume you didnt get the job, your friend wunt come harrasing you for his payment becos he was the one that introduced you to the mallam or aboki you speak about

In conclusion, everything in this life is a risk but when u weigh the options nd u seem to gain more from the gamble, then u can take the risk

And again if the first story is not what u mean, I stand corrected!!

Very sensible suggestion

Moreover this isn't the first time ,I heard pple paying such
You have nothing to loose...
If u miss this opportunity its up to you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

To me.

There is no risk attached to this deal. But i do not know how smart you are because other stories may crop up along the line and you may fall prey.

If i were you, i will take the N50,000 your friend gave you and give it to the man and then secure the job and then pay the N450,000 from my salary. If the Alhaji threaten you after getting the job, it wont hold water. Just give him all your salary till the N450,000 is completed..

This is not an issue to me..

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Dammyllionaire(m): 6:25am On Aug 23, 2016
salinson:
@op am a serving custom officer there is nothing like replacement of retired officer, the department will rather announce a recruitment to the public as per Niger I.e man no man go start.
Please don't send any money they are scam.

Good, when last has custom announce or advertise for an recruitment in Nigeria? You may be a serving custom officer but do you know what's going on up there?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by debeemps: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2016
I will advise u to put your trust in God rather than put your trust in man...,if u re able to gather the 500k,why not venture into business with it.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by judeibro(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2016
I got all your advice guys, thanks.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by toprealman: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
Do u have 500K to pay him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnpc Vacancies Details / His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! / How Much Does Opay POS Agent Make Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.