Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? (29044 Views)

Daniel Joshua: Former N-Power Volunteer Gets N300,000 For Returning N60,000 / A N60k Job With N500 Expenses Daily / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by SirAweezy(m): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
rheether:
If you can afford 500k for a bribe then you Don't deserve that job.

You mean 100k in 5places what can that get you in this harsh economy. You only invest to lose. By time you invest 500k. You need some money for logistics or say you invest 500k total you can't get more than 30% profit in 3months. That if there is no hiccup along the way.
[i][/i] to the op, in asmuch a I don't support bribe... I can tell you might have no choice. The least you'll do is to call the alhaji and negotiate to reduce the pay.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by songzDaniel01(m): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
my guy they're big time scammers. okay see this.... ur friend gave u 50k to give tht hausa man, then when u get d appointment letter, u should complete d payment? bro when they give u tht fake appointment letter nd u pay d balance? uve lost out, cos ur friend will collect his 50k from d hausa friend nd they'll share the 450k.. u gave em.. be wise bro
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by judeibro(m): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
SirAweezy:

You mean 100k in 5places what can that get you in this harsh economy. You only invest to lose. By time you invest 5b00k. You need some money for logistics or say you invest 500k total you can't get more than 30% profit in 3months. That if there is no hiccup along the way.
[i][/i] to the op, in asmuch a I don't support bribe... I can tell you might have no choice. The least you'll do is to call the alhaji and negotiate to reduce the pay.

Thank you bros and everybody that shared their advice. I think the majority believed it is a scam and I will go with them. I will just refund my friend his money and backout of the whole idea. I don't want to be in debt or scammed at the end of the day. Make I manage wetin i dey do dey go small small until God opens door.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by alaskido(m): 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
My friend, this is a SCAM. Please DO NOT pay a dime. Return your friends N50k. That is the first bait. If they cannot employ you first and deduct the amount monthly from your salary they should forget about the job. I do not even trust myself not to talk of a friend. My brother RUN BIKO, RUN O, FLEE FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE. N500K for this BUHARI hot weather.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Bomi(m): 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
My friend, this is the order of day in Nigeria now! You are not running any risk here! Your friend who introduce you advance you the down payment of 50,000 and the remaining when you resume the work. What is the risk here.
You are lucky my friend, so many people are looking for that opportunity! No need of advertising it on this forum.
I wish you divine understanding and wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by munezo(m): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
All the risk in this matter is not on you, so why will you back out? If you tried MMM which I hate, why can't you try this? Check my first comment for my major suggestion. All the best

judeibro:

Thank you bros and everybody that shared their advice. I think the majority believed it is a scam and I will go with them. I will just refund my friend his money and backout of the whole idea. I don't want to be in debt or scammed at the end of the day. Make I manage wetin i dey do dey go small small until God opens door.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by power900: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
bro ,ignore all those advice of "run for your life thing oo" this was how I lost a chevron job opportunity of 180k about 3years ago just because I couldn't afford 35k.
so my advice if you have a way to get the other balance or you can negotiate installmental payments but I know the man wouldn't agree because it back fires, (only a boss would understand that)..
I would have been willing to give you if you could talk to the man to give my elder brother a slot for me, and also pay me back 600k in return ,so anyhow sha, may god help you,ok

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by kobabe(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
just go for it. pay him the 50k since its your friend that got the job through that process that borrowed you the money. something tells me it will work out. I know a friend that got FRSC with 200k. besides nowadays its mostly replacement not recruitment.
lastly if you are not interested please contact me i try it. no risk no reward. this is Nigeria.
kobabe4real@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by kossyablaze(m): 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.
No try am... I av bn scammed! Send back d 50k to ur friend. I got first hand experience from similar situation

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by odimbannamdi(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
A guy who offers you a job on condition that you pay him a huge amount of money is a corrupt criminal who is taking advantage of your desperation. If you pay that money to him, you are an enabler of the crime, and this kind of system never ends well.

Supposing you get the job, you will probably then have to borrow a lot of money to pay this corrupt fellow. You will be 500,000 Naira short, and then might be forced to start engaging in corrupt activities at customs in order to settle your debt; because when you start as a junior cadre staff, there is no way you'll legally make that kind of money anytime soon. You may even lose your job and end up in jail if you crossed the wrong person...especially nowadays that people have easy access to cameras and other electronic media that can help expose corruption. I think I have counted around 10 police(wo)men who have lost their jobs in the last year alone, because somebody recorded them trying to extort civilians.

Also, such appointments are always in danger of being revoked. Supposing a new person is posted to head your department, and they find the circumstances under which you were employed objectionable, they may revoke that appointment, then you'll be in big debt and jobless. Basically, a lot of things can go wrong when you corruptly acquire employment.

OP, from your story, you've already set out on the path of an entrepreneur. I understand things are hard, but I like to think you're managing and surviving. My candid advise is that you continue on the difficult but honest path you've started as there is no shortcut to success. You just need determination and persistence, and eventually there will be a breakthrough. Very few successful business people started out on an easy path. I appeal to you to return your friend's money and thank him. Next, avoid like a plague, this insensitive, wicked, greedy, manipulative leech of a man who is only interested in your money, not your success.

Please OP, don't go that dark path. It may seem as attractive as chocolate, but with the right decorations, shit can also look like chocolate. A word is enough for the wise, but I've given you many because I hate to leave things to chances, but I hope you're wise!

Wonderful advice! I have followed you already. Looking forward to more of your posts as insightful as this

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by platodeen(m): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
@op, m thinking dat ure not serious. U are paying 450000 'after d appointment letter'. N ur friend who introduced u has sent u d mobilisation fee. Y not get d appointment letter first before thinking of what 2 do next

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Zieristclair(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
mkoabiola:
Abeg I don't think ds guy is living in nigeria

So u want me to advise u ok

Pls.give him d money he will help u get d slot since he is a sure friend

D Hausa man may also be close to col Ahmed who is d DG of customs
grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by temmym4(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
I guess this is a new scam pulling money for fraudsters now.
There was a colleague of mine who got called too and the same story was laid down for him. The guy that called him introduced himself as an old friend and they they served together. he was asked to call an Hausa man too. we eventually traced it and knew scammers were at work.

your own case is different since you claimed you saw him physically. Just be careful and let the God you serve and your disgression lead you through. all the best

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by AgentOfAllah: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Wonderful advice! I have followed you already. Looking forward to more of your posts as insightful as this

Cheers! After reading the post, I was sure many people would have said what I had on my mind...I mean, it was the obvious thing! I became heart broken when I started reading things like "do it", or "beg to pay back in installments" or "hausa people are honest, so they'll not cheat you". Some also gave good advice, like "run away", but didn't clearly articulate why. I thought someone who understands the struggles a little had to clarify the options before op clearly. I wish many had done it before me though. That only a hand full of the initial comments reflected my feeling makes me very worried about the terribly battered psyche of my beloved country men and women. I'm a little sad!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Mailthaddeus(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

Jst be careful! A friend u lost contact with for such a long time can't be vehemently called one. I ve had my own piece of shit wit stuffs like dis. I wz duped by a friend who wanna help me get NNPC job. After paying it turned out to be scam. If he is so so sure of helping you get d job! let him finance the whole process and deduct it from ur salary. Even if it means him collecting all initial salaries till it completes 500k

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by kwaso2: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Just sent u an email request. Kindly respond.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by begwong: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
SCAM RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. THAT YOUR FRIEND IS AN ACCOMPLICE TO THE HAUSA FRAUDSTER. BY THE TIME YOU SEND THE 450K. U WON'T HEAR OR SEE HIM AGAIN ooooooh. THEY WANT TO DUPE YOU BIKO. I. HAVE THAT YEYE ACCLAIMED APPOINTMENT LETTER SENT TO ME BY A CUSTOM SCAMMER WHOM I PLAYED ALONG TO THE END BEFORE EXPOSING HIM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Fourwinds: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
munezo:
It sounds very good since the hausa man gave you his official email to send your documents.

I will advise you to give it a try, since your friend has already given you 50k to pay the initial deposit.

Pay the man the 50k to book the slot but beg him to allow you to pay the 450k balance in instalments as soon as you resume and begin to receive salary.
You can beg him to allow you pay him 50k monthly until you complete the payment.

this is one safe advice I will give u OP...at least ur friend's monry is a garantee...

if u are dupe of d #50000., he will surely partake in d loss but d remaining part, tell him u will pay like what this bros stated above

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by kayceeD2(m): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
Supnaija:

I agree small. Double ke.... Thats almost a million bucks for this Buhari period
lol...... at least that one go ginja him nw
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by salvation77177: 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
My friend, be wise, be careful before you put your self into trouble.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by salinson: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
@op am a serving custom officer there is nothing like replacement of retired officer, the department will rather announce a recruitment to the public as per Niger I.e man no man go start.
Please don't send any money they are scam.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by olaayo105(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

Please don't trust so call your friend they are scammer, this is what exactly that happen to my friend. Just put ur hope on God better job is waiting for you somewhere without paying anything. May God be with you

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Slymonster(m): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
this what they call Street 101G....lol oboi dem want scam you give you fake letter,letter way full everywhere and he even gave you 50k to entice you. That's how Street is done and before you know you have paid all or almost half before you eyes go clear...

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by mikolo80: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
lacastre:
if he truly wants to help why not deduct it from your monthly salary,......abi for where person wey no get work wan raise 450k?
how e wan take deduct legally. As you no trust am him sef no trust you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by sinola(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

Bros,please first define terms with your friend incase if it does not work out.If i were you i'll tell him that incase if it did not click and since he is the person that introduced you to the aboki,he'll forfeit the money but if it is genuine,you will pay every kobo and even jara on top.There i9s no free food these days.We paid NGN 750K for just min of agric job for my younger bros and he got.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by greggng: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
In my estate here we ve 4 top custom officers. Rank from assistant controller up ways. I ve discussed with 2 of them this evenning and they told me they re aware of such scam and they always advise people to becareful. They told me custom has stopped what we call replacement and anyone telling u about it is a scammer.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by dexmond: 4:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Things like this are what others read about us and conclude that we are fantastically...... May God help this country!
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by MrTeCO(m): 5:09am On Aug 20, 2016
hustle that and get back at me and ama show you city currently where you can double that money in few month selling gadget like phones n laptops.....don't u ever envision yourself being a Boss..... smh....dats the last kinda joke someone can play on me.... #500k for a job position hence there are more ways to double that amount.....pm me if ya interested, we all didn't leave school to be schooled again by illiterates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! / 2020 Police Recruitment: IGP Suspends Entry Requirements For Candidates / Five Things I Would Learn To Do If I Was Jobless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.