Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

I Dumped My Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dumped My Religion (1822 Views)

I Have No Religion. Love Is My Religion! / Woman Disrupts Church Service In Kenya, Claims Pastor Dumped Her For Another / Losing My Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dumped My Religion by onetrack(m): 5:43am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

And you are a human polygraph? Envy what or who exactly? You? I think I'll pass. U don't even know me yet if u v d chance u'll shoot me before u shoot d devil u believe in.

You are letting yourself be trolled by butthurt religious types. Ignore them.

As an atheist myself, I think you will adjust to being atheist--it seems normal to me and it will to you in time. Don't tell your family unless you really need to or they are really open minded.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped My Religion by efismikoko(m): 6:37am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

To be honest, my family is my main concern. I'm not interested in been loud or to disturb ppl bout it. Everybody has the right to make their choice.

Please athiesm is not a religion please use your head and respect your parents don't tell them if you know it will be war if you do. It's not a taboo to go to religious houses and don't think if you preach about athiesm and your parents disowns you that one external force will help big lie YOU GO SUFFER O
Please I beg you stay with your parents let them bring you up well have a good life go to church and be open minded simple
No one turns another to be an athiest it's a personal decision.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by Richirich713: 6:45am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
LMAOoo .... winner01 , 4evagod , richirich713 , felixomor , naijadeyhia atheists now create new monikers to spew lies

This is the nadir of desperation

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Lol there's probably a connection to the "nobody" of this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3296689/sins-bigger-than-god.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Isaacmacdon(m): 6:59am On Aug 19, 2016
This is headed for the frontpage in one way or the other. Most times its impossible to balance good and evil. Christianity can't and is not on the same level with any other religion on earth. Most times I wonder why someone would come outside and say "there is no God". God is not krishna, buddha or a higher power as described by agents. God is supreme.

Back to your plight, I'd advice you stop this preposterous behaviour and embrace the uniqueness of God through his son Jesus christ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped My Religion by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

And you are a human polygraph? Envy what or who exactly? You? I think I'll pass. U don't even know me yet if u v d chance u'll shoot me before u shoot d devil u believe in.

So says the guy who opened an account just to post lies. I see relevance is an itch you needed to scratch.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dumped My Religion by kevoh(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2016
@blacksahara
You are human first. And what do humans do best? They learn to adapt and survive. Be an atheist that uses his ''common sense'' to always survive in a hostile religious environment.
Re: I Dumped My Religion by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2016
Richirich713:

Lol there's probably a connection to the "nobody" of this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3296689/sins-bigger-than-god.

Yeah that was Amenra01. The little unintelligent fellow. lol desperado

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dumped My Religion by malvisguy212: 7:25am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

Expose what exactly? That I've had my opinions for a long time? That was stated

Believe me whether u like or not. This evening I told God that if He is actually real and can hear me, He should give me a sign. I'm hoping I'll get one but it doesn't look like nothing is coming.

About emotion. Do u really expect me to be joyous at this point?
You say God is unfair to you, do you want God to be fair ? Then He will have to punish All sins you have committed to others people as well, NONE of us will be here today. If you think atheism will make you happy, A free man, Good for you, the free here imply that everything is permissible including sin. Jesus say whoever deny me, I will deny him in front of my father and whoever acknowledge me, I will acknowledge him before my father, everything you see is temporary, even life is temporary.

You can make yourself to believe there is no God, but you can't disprove The existence of God.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped My Religion by youngestland: 7:48am On Aug 19, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
This is headed for the frontpage in one way or the other. Most times its impossible to balance good and evil. Christianity can't and is not on the same level with any other religion on earth. Most times I wonder why someone would come outside and say "there is no God". God is not krishna, buddha or a higher power as described by agents. God is supreme.

Back to your plight, I'd advice you stop this preposterous behaviour and embrace the uniqueness of God through his son Jesus christ.
here we go again lol so tell us why christianity cant be compared with other religion?
and I give this back to you
Most times I wonder why someone would come outside and say "THERE IS God"
you christians feel too superior and act it its just not cool this earth is for all of us the same right you have is what I have we have rich and poor, sick and healthy muslims and christians, rainfalls on the christians sun shines on the muslims and so on abeg una no dey important atall.

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped My Religion by otemanuduno: 7:51am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:
For years I've been contemplating the God issue vis a vis heaven, hell and the likes. But today I made the big step and now I'm an atheist. Do I feel peace within me? Nope, because I dread the moment it'll come out. Do I feel I've made the right choice? Tbh, I can't say for now. But I believe time will tell and prove me right.

I know Christians alongside muslims will look to insult me, or convince me to change my mind. Please save it and respect my decision
Just the same way I've decoded that I won't attack or insult any believer of faith. Everybody has the right to pick their choice.

I was born into a strong Christian home but I don't feel God. If there is, then I think He's unfair and I'm not down for that.

I don't know how to break it to my folks. I know y friends will take it as it is even tho they'll resent me for it.

My relationship? I can kiss it goodbye, cos my girl will break it off with me the moment I tell her. I don't want to lose her neither do I want to keep a secret from her and mislead her.

My family? My parents will probably disown me. My siblings may leave me and respect my decision, but I know my parents especially my mom will not.

To the atheists in the house, how did u come out? How do u handle the stigmatisation? I know my chances of having a relationship is next to zero.

I need advise because sooner or later I have to cone out.

Disbelieving all these small gods(yahweh, vishnu, Faulkin(jesus), Olorun, Odin) and believing in yourself is a very good way to improve your own self. But I can tell you assuredly that their is an ALMIGHTY GOD who himself does not want to be known as such. HE IS THE ONE WHO CREATED THE CONTENT OF THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG. HE IS THE ONE WHO CREATED THE FIRST SET OF BEINGS BILLIONS OF YEARS BACK. HE IS THE ONE WHO MADE yahweh(satan) and all his brothers.

OUR GOD DOES NOT DEMAND WORSHIP OR THE USE OF BOOKS TO LIVE OUR LIVES. OUR GOD ONLY WANTS US TO PUT OUR BRAIN TO USE.

Check the truth of the universe here: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: I Dumped My Religion by otemanuduno: 7:53am On Aug 19, 2016
VolTOxic:
I hate Religion too.
But I believe there's a creator aka GOD.
I like to believe He doesn't meddle with our affairs.

In fact, you are 100% right. Check out about GOD ALMIGHTY HERE.

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: I Dumped My Religion by hahn(m): 8:06am On Aug 19, 2016
HungerBAD:
You are an adult and i do respect your decision.

But there is a God in Heaven.

Do you have proof?

Hahn come and see your new brother.

Na only me my mama born tongue

He should be able to guide you.

Hahn where u dey?

I do not need to guide him. His skepticism and courage to question, probe and not believe everything he is told will lead him to the truth.

Atheism is not a religion. No one preaches for anyone to "dump god". Most atheists come to that conclusion on their own after researching and questioning dogma. Atheists simply do not believe in the existence in ANY god. Including yours. And the primary reason is lack of substantial proof of the existence of any.

Freethinkers simply question everything that comes their way while relying on evidence, logic and reasoning and disregard blind "belief"

There is nothing special about it smiley

blacksahara

1 Like

Re: I Dumped My Religion by prettyem(f): 9:37am On Aug 19, 2016
I sigh when I see or hear topics like this or when a Christian concerts to other religion. The Holy Ghost makes ALL the difference. So if you as a 'Christian' does not believe in or have a deep and personal connection/relationship with the Holy Spirit, you may one day doubt His existence and for you to know HE will never force Himself on anyone the decision is yours.irestfornow
Re: I Dumped My Religion by agwom(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Follow me i will make you a fisher of men.....Jesus said
Re: I Dumped My Religion by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
hahn:

Do you have proof?

Na only me my mama born tongue

I do not need to guide him. His skepticism and courage to question, probe and not believe everything he is told will lead him to the truth.

Atheism is not a religion. No one preaches for anyone to "dump god". Most atheists come to that conclusion on their own after researching and questioning dogma. Atheists simply do not believe in the existence in ANY god. Including yours. And the primary reason is lack of substantial proof of the existence of any.

Freethinkers simply question everything that comes their way while relying on evidence, logic and reasoning and disregard blind "belief"

There is nothing special about it smiley

blacksahara

I guess there is something special afterall

https://www.nairaland.com/3297604/24-hours-non-believer#48613861
Re: I Dumped My Religion by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2016
youngestland:

here we go again lol so tell us why christianity cant be compared with other religion?
and I give this back to you
Most times I wonder why someone would come outside and say "THERE IS God"
you christians feel too superior and act it its just not cool this earth is for all of us the same right you have is what I have we have rich and poor, sick and healthy muslims and christians, rainfalls on the christians sun shines on the muslims and so on abeg una no dey important atall.
Lol, its our birthright son. Its because of our lord Jesus christ, who indeed is superior. "As many that believed him, he gave them the right to become the sons of God". Why are the angels superior, aren't they the sons of God? Did you get my drift?. Take it or leave it, we christians are unique. If you want to be like us; the Door is wide open. First, you have to confess that Jesus is the son of God.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped My Religion by hahn(m): 10:14am On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I guess there is something special afterall

https://www.nairaland.com/3297604/24-hours-non-believer#48613861

Its called Compassion....Something you Atheists hugely lack

Do you mean to say that ALL Christians are compassionate? Would you also say that ALL Muslims are also compassionate because they also believe in "God"? Would you say that everything single person who believes in one "God" or the other is compassionate?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odumeje The Indaboski In Trouble Again / Christian Memes / The Eagle Believer Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.