Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

24 Hours As A Non Believer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 24 Hours As A Non Believer. (2973 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / How A Believer Can Kill The Flesh Because The Flesh Can Make A Christian Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2016
I made a post around the last minutes of yesterday about dropping my religion.

https://www.nairaland.com/3297077/dumped-religion

But I'm pleased to say that I've had a change of heart. Perhaps I should not have been quick to make the post. But what's done is done. I was up for the majority of the night thinking about my decision. I chatted with a guy that I know is an atheist bout my stance.

But all through the night and up till this morning. I read through the arguments on various threads. Also a part of the doctrine of ufos. and some Bible chapters as well.

For a long time I've stopped believing in the efficacy of prayer because it never seem to work for me. Early this morning, I called a friend of mine that has always urged me not to neglect prayer, she counselled me when I explained things to her although she's already aware of some of the things I go through.

One thing I picked from her is that God doesn't need to prove himself to me. He doesn't need to do anything, He can though, but He doesn't have to. But it was when I heard her cry over the phone that my heart melted.

After we hung up, I went on my knees and surprisingly I wasn't even interested in what I want God to do for me but for Him to forgive me.

Im trying to make things right now and I do hope things get better. To the atheists that showed me support, it's much appreciated. and I still respect your belief.

Pidggin whethere u believe it or not I do appreciate u. And to the others, not every account is a clone. And because ur life is rosy doesn't mean that it's same with others. Try to show empathy, you don't know what the person behind an account is going through in life.

I know i appear as someone with indecision issues but I'm at peace with myself. Are my problems still there? They sure are. Do I see a solution in sight? No I don't. But I do have a hope of a better tomorrow.

To all those that may be in the situation I was yesterday, I'll like you to know that even if no human knows what u are going through. There's someone that actually cares, He may not wave a magic wand to make them disappear, but you just have to trust.

Another thing I've learnt is that I have to forego a bit of logic and apply more faith. Do i sound silly to myself? Perhaps. But it's the choice I've made and I'm happy with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by FearGodAndLive: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2016
The mind is a wonderful thing.

2 Likes

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by agwom(m): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Continue having faith in Jesus Christ for salvation...
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Pidggin(f): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Lol grin grin KingEbukasBlog

My brother I know you well, okay? This is what Christ is saying to you "Go and sin no more"

I even know the alternate moniker you have used previously but I will not expose it because of your changed stance.

God loves you brethren
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:24am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

My brother I know you well, okay? This is what Christ is saying to you "Go and sin no more"

I even know the alternate moniker you have used previously but I will not expose it because of your changed stance.

God loves you brethren

grin grin grin

Lolzzz ... I don't even know what to say . Apparently the decision to become an atheist was capricious or arbitrary . Nevertheless may God deliver the OP from mood swings and impulsive decisions , Amen smiley

4 Likes

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by wirinet(m): 9:28am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

But I'm pleased to say that I've had a change of heart. Perhaps I should not have been quick to make the post. But what's done is done. I was up for the majority of the night thinking about my decision. I chatted with a guy that I know is an atheist bout my stance.

But all through the night and up till this morning. I read through the arguments on various threads. Also a part of the doctrine of ufos. and some Bible chapters as well.

For a long time I've stopped believing in the efficacy of prayer because it never seem to work for me. Early this morning, I called a friend of mine that has always urged me not to neglect prayer, she counselled me when I explained things to her although she's already aware of some of the things I go through.

One thing I picked from her is that God doesn't need to prove himself to me. He doesn't need to do anything, He can though, but He doesn't have to. [size=14pt] But it was when I heard her cry over the phone that my heart melted. [/size]

After we hung up, I went on my knees and surprisingly I wasn't even interested in what I want God to do for me but for Him to forgive me.

Im trying to make things right now and I do hope things get better. To the atheists that showed me support, it's much appreciated. and I still respect your belief.

Pidggin whethere u believe it or not I do appreciate u. And to the others, not every account is a clone. And because ur life is rosy doesn't mean that it's same with others. Try to show empathy, you don't know what the person behind an account is going through in life.

I know i appear as someone with indecision issues but I'm at peace with myself. Are my problems still there? They sure are. Do I see a solution in sight? No I don't. But I do have a hope of a better tomorrow.

To all those that may be in the situation I was yesterday, I'll like you to know that even if no human knows what u are going through. There's someone that actually cares, He may not wave a magic wand to make them disappear, but you just have to trust.

Another thing I've learnt is that I have to forego a bit of logic and apply more faith. Do i sound silly to myself? Perhaps. But it's the choice I've made and I'm happy with it.

The bolded is what I cannot understand. Why will what you believe or not believe make someone else cry? Why can't she just accept you for who you are? And you condemn Muslims for being hysterical at a fellow Muslim loosing faith.

During my secondary school days in the 80's, nobody asked or cared about your religion, tribe or even status. We made friends easily and truthfully. Even though I was a norminal Christian then, one of my best friend was a Muslim. One of deinde Fernandez's son was my junior, and nobody cared. He was even punished more by seniors.

OP, do what makes you happy. If Christianity gives you joy go ahead and believe. If atheism gives you peace of mind, then go ahead. It is your life. You should never allow yourself to be emotionally blackmailed into living according to someone else's expectations.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

God loves you brethren

Believe what u want but there is no alternate moniker. Not everyone are the Same.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

Lolzzz ... I don't even know what to say . Apparently the decision to become an atheist was capricious or arbitrary . Nevertheless may God deliver the OP from mood swings and impulsive decisions , Amen smiley
Thanks for the concern. But tbh I do laugh at u. The challenges I face are not in the same league as mood swings. Life is beyond ur little nice bubble. You may be blessed with a rosy life, but there are ppl on the other side of the divide. U need to understand that. Impulsive decision? Just stick to ur good life and enjoy it. Ppl face real troubles that u can't even imagine.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2016
wirinet:

The bolded is what I cannot understand. Why will what you believe or not believe make someone else cry? Why can't she just accept you for who you are? And you condemn Muslims for being hysterical at a fellow Muslim loosing faith.

During my secondary school days in the 80's, nobody asked or cared about your religion, tribe or even status. We made friends easily and truthfully. Even though I was a norminal Christian then, one of my best friend was a Muslim. One of deinde Fernandez's son was my junior, and nobody cared. He was even punished more by seniors.

OP, do what makes you happy. If Christianity gives you joy go ahead and believe. If atheism gives you peace of mind, then go ahead. It is your life. You should never allow yourself to be emotionally blackmailed into living according to someone else's expectations.
First off, I can't recollect me condemning Muslims. Secondly, I can't possibly explain why her tears moved me to u. U won't get it. A lot was discussed, but I can assure u it wasn't emotional blackmail. She tried to hide it.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

Thanks for the concern. But tbh I do laugh at u. The challenges I face are not in the same league as mood swings. Life is beyond ur little nice bubble.

Sorry I treated a serious issue with levity . I'm deeply sorry . But I can proffer solution and I implore you to oblige . Visit the nearest The Lord's Chosen's branch and I tell you sis , the solution to your problem is near .

So have you forgiven me dear ? And are you willing to accept ?

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Pidggin(f): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

Believe what u want but there is no alternate moniker. Not everyone are the Same.

So you joined nairaland.com on 18/8/2016 and on the same day you open a thread, reply and quote people on that thread and even sent me a PM on same day? Lol grin

See, follow me on here, I will help you to stop opening such Christian to athiest thread again. Are you not surprised at how I understand you?

I see a soul winner already smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51am On Aug 19, 2016
wirinet:

During my secondary school days in the 80's, nobody asked or cared about your religion, tribe or even status. We made friends easily and truthfully

You are in your 40s shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 19, 2016
This is probably the fastest back and forth i have seen in a long time. Away from God and back all in 24hrs. The reason why we as Believers laughed was because your appearance coincided with a certain Atheists deactivation of his moniker here on Nairaland so we tried putting 2 and 2 together...besides this was your first post so figure it out.

Anyways i am glad you returned and thats because you listened to the inner voice. Welcome

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sorry I treated a serious issue with levity . I'm deeply sorry . But I can proffer solution and I implore you to oblige . Visit the nearest The Lord's Chosen's branch and I tell you sis , the solution to your problem is near .

No problem at all sir. Tbh I want to treat myself as a total new covert and all advice will be appreciated. Because I don't want to make same mistakes again.

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by onetrack(m): 10:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Best of luck. Continue to think and make up your own mind.

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2016
wirinet:

Its called Compassion....Something you Atheists hugely lack. Why would a human cry for the OP? I guess the OPs friend is not a bundle of chemicals afterall...She actually loves in truth.

Shocker isnt it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

So you joined nairaland.com on 18/8/2016 and on the same day you open a thread, reply and quote people on that thread and even sent me a PM on same day? Lol grin

See, follow me, I will help you to stop opening such Christian to athiest thread again. Are you not surprised at how I understand you?

So u did get my pm. I actually sent it because I was hoping maybe u'll be interested in hearing my story in private and get advice. There are things I can't discuss here. But I guess I was wrong. You can believe whatever u want ma'am. What matters is that I'm at peace with myself. Not what u think of me. And why wouldn't I reply ppl when I have the time to. They took the time to reply me. Its simple courtesy.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:
This is probably the fastest back and forth i have seen in a long time. Away from God and back all in 24hrs. The reason why we as Believers laughed was because your appearance coincided with a certain Atheists deactivation of his moniker here on Nairaland so we tried putting 2 and 2 together...besides this was your first post so figure it out.

Anyways i am glad you returned and thats because you listened to the inner voice. Welcome

I understand. But I figure it's in my best interest to come back before it's too late. I don't pray to die young. But I know I can die at any time.

2 Likes

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by wirinet(m): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

First off, I can't recollect me condemning Muslims. Secondly, I can't possibly explain why her tears moved me to u. U won't get it. A lot was discussed, but I can assure u it wasn't emotional blackmail. She tried to hide it.
I don't mean you personally, I was try to say Christians condemn Muslims for issuing fatwa's to Muslims that convert to Christianity.

Maybe she has bigger plans for you ( marriage things), that must be the reason why she was crying over your religious views. Other than that, I do not see the reasons she would be crying over anyone's beliefs or disbeliefs.

My only advice to you is; be true to yourself and your beliefs. You will confuse your life and people around you by vacillating between beliefs.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 10:13am On Aug 19, 2016
wirinet:

I don't mean you personally, I was try to say Christians condemn Muslims for issuing fatwa's to Muslims that convert to Christianity.

Maybe she has bigger plans for you ( marriage things), that must be the reason why she was crying over your religious views. Other than that, I do not see the reasons she would be crying over anyone's beliefs or disbeliefs.

My only advice to you is; be true to yourself and your beliefs. You will confuse your life and people around you by vacillating between beliefs.
Thanks sir.
And if she does have marriage plans for me. I'll be the lucky one. But I don't think so. Cos she's in a relationship. We just friends
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by simplex2: 10:13am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

This, right there is the endpoint: peace with oneself. As long as you are satisfied with your decision and it gives you peace of mind, go on with it.

A word of advice, don't expect anything from God, you will be disappointed over and over again and it may lead to depression. Some of us are at peace with the fact that he doesn't exist [or not bordered with his existence/non-existence], so we don't get angry or depressed at situations around us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by wirinet(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Its called Compassion....Something you Atheists hugely lack. Why would a human cry for the OP? I guess the OPs friend is not a bundle of chemicals afterall...She actually loves in truth.

Shocker isnt it?
Compassion? I am sure you do not have the faintest idea what compassion is. New age Christianity (Pentecostalism) has the least compassion of all religions I know. Looking around you, what compassion has the major Pentecostal churches given to Nigerians in general and their members to be specific.
These brand of Christianity cannot do anything compassionate without expectations of reward - physical or spiritual. Look for a popular thread in the politics section titled "Nigeria has finished me" where Nigerians were donating to other Nigerians in need, irrespective of tribe or religious views, you will see very few Pentecostal Christians making donations.

The same person that is crying for a backsliding Christian because of compassion would lose compassion when asked for financial or material assistance.

2 Likes

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Pidggin(f): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are speaking to a male grin
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2016
Pidggin:

You are speaking to a male grin

grin grin grin grin

He writes like a female cheesy

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:43am On Aug 19, 2016
simplex2:

This, right there is the endpoint: peace with oneself. As long as you are satisfied with your decision and it gives you peace of mind, go on with it.

A word of advice, don't expect anything from God, you will be disappointed over and over again and it may lead to depression. Some of us are at peace with the fact that he doesn't exist [or not bordered with his existence/non-existence], so we don't get angry or depressed at situations around us.

Actually facts reveal that atheists tend to have emotional problems - they are always filled with hatred and anger .

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Pidggin(f): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

So u did get my pm. I actually sent it because I was hoping maybe u'll be interested in hearing my story in private and get advice. There are things I can't discuss here. But I guess I was wrong. You can believe whatever u want ma'am. What matters is that I'm at peace with myself. Not what u think of me. And why wouldn't I reply ppl when I have the time to. They took the time to reply me. Its simple courtesy.

Friend, I want to know why you have been opening such threads, of course I want to know your story. It's not what I think of you, it's the report I am getting about you dear. Feel free to send a PM but I won't get it if you don't follow me, cheers.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Pidggin(f): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin grin

He writes like a female cheesy

Lol grin He's male
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2016
This will make the atheists that were already celebrating choke... grin

Welcome back prodigal cool

blacksahara:

One thing I picked from her is that God doesn't need to prove himself to me. He doesn't need to do anything, He can though, but He doesn't have to. But it was when I heard her cry over the phone that my heart melted.

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by winner01(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2016
Blacksahara, you can pm me and lets have a discussion. You can check a couple topics I opened on the hopelessness of atheism too. God exists wether or not men choose to believe in him. These atheists are filled with hate and will want to drag you down that lane with them.
God loves you and is concerned about your life. Lets talk better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Ranchhoddas: 11:02am On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

Thanks for the concern. But tbh I do laugh at u. The challenges I face are not in the same league as mood swings. Life is beyond ur little nice bubble. You may be blessed with a rosy life, but there are ppl on the other side of the divide. U need to understand that. Impulsive decision? Just stick to ur good life and enjoy it. Ppl face real troubles that u can't even imagine.
Welcome to Nairaland. Where people judge you without having any idea what's going on in your life. The world is always black or white to them. It's either you are for them or against them.They just won't understand.... I hope you find the peace you seek.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Ranchhoddas: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2016
wirinet:

Compassion? I am sure you do not have the faintest idea what compassion is. New age Christianity (Pentecostalism) has the least compassion of all religions I know. Looking around you, what compassion has the major Pentecostal churches given to Nigerians in general and their members to be specific.
These brand of Christianity cannot do anything compassionate without expectations of reward - physical or spiritual. Look for a popular thread in the politics section titled "Nigeria has finished me" where Nigerians were donating to other Nigerians in need, irrespective of tribe or religious views, you will see very few Pentecostal Christians making donations.

The same person that is crying for a backsliding Christian because of compassion would lose compassion when asked for financial or material assistance.
Flesh and blood could not have revealed this to you...
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2016
wirinet:

Which are you? New Atheist or Old school Atheist? lmao

You crack me up. Here you are asking why someone cried over the OP and here you are again accusing me if i know what compassion is.

What a bundle of contradiction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Jesus Experience Failure? / Young Boy Impregnates Female Pastor / Dreams Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.