Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read (2618 Views)

Man Moves Daughter To Tears, Gifts Her New Ride At Her Convocation. Photos / Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by bumi10(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2016
I was having my lunch in a restaurant in Accra this afternoon, when A friend started a discussion of what some of our female Nigerian students in Ghana have turned themselves into. I could not agree more. While the parents spend lots of money to ensure their daughters are comfortable and graduate with flying colours, their children have a different agenda.

There was this particular case of a young girl whose mother rented a 2-bedroom flat for her in Accra. My friend, said news just got to him this week, that this student slept with 5(five) guys at the same time and was still begging for more. She is always high on hard drugs. And, the mother, back in Nigeria will be boasting of her daughter, who is studying in Ghana. Oh, so pathetic.

Sadly to say, many of these young girls have become international prostitutes and seriously hooked on drugs. I mean what I am saying. And many people in Accra can bear me witness. Some of the mushroom universities attended by the students lack hostel facilities and the students are forced to rent accomodation thereby according them too much privacy which they are not matured enough to handle.

This issues also involves our boys. Some have become drug addicts, school dropouts and they still collect school fees from their parents.

Parents need to pay regular unexpected visit to their children and monitor them via phone calls at odd hours to find out where they are and what they are up to. If you a parent, you must never cease to pray for your children. And, if you are not sure of child’s behaviour, keep him or her close to you.

Please parents, is even hard enough to expect a good child no to spoil and derail in Ghana (too far away from parental advices and checks) let alone to a child that is worldly already. It is crazy here and Universities here are not really what they are advertized to be.

Call your children regularly and pay unexpected visits to their schools.

for more , visit @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/08/sending-your-daughter-to-university-in.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 seun

2 Shares

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by temitemi1(m): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2016
It is a pity!
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by coolzeal(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2016
What about those in Europe and America? Our missionary institutions are preferably for both morals and guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Tolexander: 7:37am On Aug 19, 2016
Not only students sent to study in Ghana, these things are also done by students sent to study within Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Dajugba: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2016
Food for thoughts to those who live in diaspora, and within de nation that can't be easily reproved from future danger by parents. Thanks to Op! But time shall surely tell the usefulness of the opportunity mismanaged.

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Flexherbal(m): 7:59am On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks for bringing it to our notice.
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by LecciGucci: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Adesiji77: 8:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Hope they will hear. Thanks for sharing @bumi10
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by decode55(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2016
you're talking about Ghana? go to IMO State university, you will weep!

3 Likes

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by policy12: 9:20am On Aug 19, 2016
Hmmm this is karma at work seriously most of this children are from those looters sorry I mean leaders that once held a good position or the other in their respective state or at the national level.
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by sinaj(f): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Lol Ghana is too far.

Evn those that goes from the house misbehave.

Sadly there's nothing the parents can do about it coz Dats d path they have chosen
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Elxandre(m): 9:53am On Aug 19, 2016
These rubbish ill thought articles make me puke.

As if those in Nigerian universities aren't just as bad.
There are good students there, just as there are bad ones.

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by boma95(f): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2016
Elxandre:
These rubbish ill thought articles make me puke.

As if those in Nigerian universities aren't just as bad.
There are good students there, just as there are bad ones.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by DrObum(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2016
You no go mind your lunch

Wait till bone enter your throat!
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 19, 2016
it happens everywhere , even in Nigeria. its about choice, has nothing to do with the country.
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by AbelPraize1(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2016
not only in Ghana, wat of those in our tertiary institutions here in Nigeria,what I know is that no matter how you train,care for a pig be it local or foreign dirtiness will still be part of its attributes, a child who will be bad if u put him or her in a school even in ur compound the child will still be bad,vise versa
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by okirewaju(f): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
It boils down to home training.

God will help us as parents to play our part
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Fidelismaria: 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided its everywere nt only ghana
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by unapapadeycraze: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Click like if you think op is an i.diotic boy. Why would he generalise? Olosho nor dey nigerian university?
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by Opistorincos(m): 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
It's really pathetic, we young chaps of Nowadays don't have focus, most of us are in the NFA zone, may God change our wicked hearts to see that our parents are really struggling to get the money we are wasting in another man's country. Amen.
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by potolistic(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
It is a pitiable dismal Pixma
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by ngoben(f): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
OP child wey go spoil go spoil....no matter where dey r...my lodgemate den(better runs grl)...her papa na pastor...bt sleeps with different men everyday...bt u wouldn't believe @home her parents c her as a virgin n uses her as a gud example to talk to oda kids
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by holluphemydavid(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Call for ur project materials soft copies on management science courses 08160215789
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by zibi5: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Train up a child.....when she is old(free to fornicate) she will hold on to her viginity.

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by josab122: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
But on serious note, are some of these so call universities (I mean some of the glorified secondary schools) better than our own. Why sending those kids there? I believe its for ego thing
Re: Sending Your Daughter To A University In Ghana Could Be Dangerous - Must Read by donifez(m): 6:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
This has been on front-page before, so I don't know why the OP keeps regurgitating it again to instigate bashing. We have same set of students in Nigeria Universities, so what is all the fuss about. If they like they should not learn and gallivant with their parents money. Na them Sabi!

(1) (Reply)

Maths Gurus Come In And Crack This Code / 2017/2018 Oau Utme Aspirants Thread, Let Us Discuss Our Chances / Girl Who Scored 85 In JAMB Writes An Open Letter - Read Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.