Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! (7193 Views)

Outward Western Union (First Bank) & Moneygram (UBA, Union Bank): An Experience / Outbound Money Transfer Service Now Available In Nigeria - Moneygram / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by EAsY6: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
I sent 20k to nija on Saturday only for the receiver to get to the Bank today and the money was picked up by someone else right about the same time?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked! So pissed right now, I called the UK office and even the head office in the US and NOTHING positive came out of it.

They can only gave me the time that it was received not the location angry Anyone with similar experience??
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2009
£a$y:

I sent 20k to nija on Saturday only for the receiver to get to the Bank today and the money was picked up by someone else right about the same time?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked! So pissed right now, I called the UK office and even the head office in the US and NOTHING positive came out of it.

They can only gave me the time that it was received not the location angry Anyone with similar experience?? 

Moneygram is not reliable. Useless service!

This kind of stuff usually occurs with Moneygram. BEWARE!

Use Western union or Local Transfer Agent in London and the receiver will get his money in Lagos.
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by snowdrops(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2009
This is awful. Some people are desperately heartless in Nigeria. Thanks for alerting us; can you let us know which bank and city you sent the money to so it will be avoided by everyone.
It must be by an inside man in the bank. I am 99% sure that similar frauds have been committed in the same branch with Moneygram. You can report to the Banks antigraft unit if one exists or better still the EFCC especially if it involves a large amount of money.

1 Like

Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by snowdrops(m): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2009
Moderator i believe this is better suited for the Money Forum; this is an important thread. Many Nigerians should be warned of this crime as your medium can save more innocent persons from losing millions.
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by DisGuy: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2009
thanx
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by yommyuk: 7:10am On Oct 03, 2009
I am a bit surprised of what happened to the poster.
I have been using moneygram for years and have never had any problem with them
They always pay ontime unlike the small operators like moneylineuk and others who sometimes will not clear your funds for days with no real
apparent reason. The only issue I had with moneygram is their exchange rate. when I compare the conversion amount in Naira when I send above
£500- the difference when compared to the small operators can be as much as over 10k in Naira. that is around £40.
However apart from the ridiculous exchange rate - all is well

Poster , I honestly believe you should look inwards. - did you disclose this info to anyone, Did you use the password more than once or maybe someone gained access to the remit reciept? but in Naija nothing is impossible embarassed
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by manmustwac(m): 1:09am On Oct 12, 2009
Never experienced anything like that before with moneygram and i've used moneygram literally over a 100 times. I reckon it must be an inside job.
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by chrisj2(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2009
Perhaps your email or mobile phone is compromised? The person that collected cannot know your ref number and (question) unless the person works for Moneygram in UK or the money was collected by someone close to the person you sent the message to.

This cannot be Moneygrams fault except to say that they should start demanding passport, driver licence or worker's ID card before payment. And that will not be favourable to some of the older folks or rural folks back home.

I sent money to a sister recently and they would not allow her to collect until they see an ID with a signature. What exactly has the signature got to do with it? However, it hard to trust anything presented in Nigeria - people can always fake things.

Worrying,

1 Like

Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by blkmum700: 6:22am On Oct 15, 2009
faakay:

Moneygram is not reliable. Useless service!

This kind of stuff usually occurs with Moneygram. BEWARE!

Use Western union or Local Transfer Agent in London and the receiver will get his money in Lagos.

did i hear u say western union?Man they are the same,just go back to where u send the money and have the person who sent it arrested with police know one can pick up your money without knowing the ref number i think the person at money gram gave the info to someone in Naija to pick it up
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by yommyuk: 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2009
i think the person at money gram gave the info to someone in Naija to pick it up

Absolutely
Re: Moneygram UK: Money Picked Up By Someone Else! by mowaa: 11:08am On Oct 16, 2009
No UK moneygram official gave any Nigerian to pick it up.
The problem is that the receiver opened his email box in a computer installed already with a spyware (most likely in a cyber cafe)
This problem occurs with Western union too.
So every keystroke was sent to whoever installed it (he opened the recipient's box, copied the info and he made a fake id and picked the money up.)

(1) (Reply)

Fish Farming In Abuja / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Financed By South African Bank / Sanusi Ousts Ovia, Elumelu, Akinfemiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.