Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue (2164 Views)

Please Advice Me: Am I Over Reacting Or Is She Really Playing Me? / Does My Aunty Want Sex With Me ?pls Advice Me / Advice Me: My Girlfriend Is Double Dating But Agreed To Marry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Kerogen: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2016
Good day Nairalander. If this section is Not the appropriate place to post this, pardon me.

My Neighbor little child was sick and his dad sent some money to my acct to help get some drug prescribed by the Doctor.
I went straight to THIS Chemist, I used my UBA debit card, no response and i equally used my Gtb, there was no response for about 10minutes. so i left the shop without a success or declined receipt print out. i.e no receipt came out in my presence.

When i got home i received to debit alert from 2 of my bank debited by the POS in d pharmacist shop. I went there the Next day, they did not even want to here me. after staying there for like 20 minute i was told by one sale rep to visit my Banks.
I chatted with GTB online and i was told to apply for some error saga on my online plat form which i did. But UBA said i should go get decline print OUT. What can i do 2 moneies wan go like that cry

I hv seen some things like this, After the buy left, the POS PRINTED OUT SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION.
Hope the sales girl is Not trying the eat my HUSTLE WEALTH grin
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by DRISKLEF(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2016

Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Emac34: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2016
And who are we to blame
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Kerogen: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2016
ABEG ANY BODY WITH SAME EX AND WAY OUT

cc; lalasticlala HELP TO FP, Month end still far
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by babs01(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2016
Devil at work
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by RoyalBlak007: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Kerogen:
Good day Nairalander. If this section is Not the appropriate place to post this, pardon me.

My Neighbor little child was sick and his dad sent some money to my acct to help get some drug prescribed by the Doctor.
I went straight to THIS Chemist, I used my UBA debit card, no response and i equally used my Gtb, there was no response for about 10minutes. so i left the shop without a success or declined receipt print out. i.e no receipt came out in my presence.

When i got home i received to debit alert from 2 of my bank debited by the POS in d pharmacist shop. I went there the Next day, they did not even want to here me. after staying there for like 20 minute i was told by one sale rep to visit my Banks.
I chatted with GTB online and i was told to apply for some error saga on my online plat form which i did. But UBA said i should go get decline print OUT. What can i do 2 moneies wan go like that cry

I hv seen some things like this, After the buy left, the POS PRINTED OUT SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION.

Its almost impossible that there won't be a print out..as long as there is paper roll in the POS terminal

And if there is...it could be a network problem....you should have been patient...

You could go back to the pharmacy and tell them to reverse the transaction for you...cos it wasn't successful and you were debited

When they reverse it..you'll get ur money back....

But you need to show them proof that you were debited so they'll be able to reverse it for you

1 Like

Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Kerogen: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks i have the alerts
RoyalBlak007:

Its almost impossible that there won't be a print out..as long as there is paper roll in the POS terminal

And if there is...it could be a network problem....you should have been patient...

You could go back to the pharmacy and tell them to reverse the transaction for you...cos it wasn't successful and you were debited

When they reverse it..you'll get ur money back....

But you need to show them proof that you were debited so they'll be able to reverse it for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Hausa(m): 8:13am On Jun 08, 2021
Kerogen:
Thanks i have the alerts
How were you able to solve this problem?
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Levels1(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2021
Kerogen:

The bank are in a better position to help you out as there's a law governing banks in Nigeria to always refund any transaction complain by Bank customer via POS machine. Moreso this not the first time UBA are acting in such a manner as they will end up been the one to gain such missing money, therefore I will suggest you request for your bank statement and walk to the chemist,then present it to the owner of the store, which will make them give you a decilne receipt to get your money back from UBA. Of course GTB will refund your money back once you complain not necessarily you going to bank I can give you their WhatsApp number if you don't mind.
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Hausa(m): 8:48am On Jun 08, 2021
Levels1:

The bank are in a better position to help you out as there's a law governing banks in Nigeria to always refund any transaction complain by Bank customer via POS machine. Moreso this not the first time UBA are acting in such a manner as they will end up been the one to gain such missing money, therefore I will suggest you request for your bank statement and walk to the chemist,then present it to the owner of the store, which will make them give you a decilne receipt to get your money back from UBA. Of course GTB will refund your money back once you complain not necessarily you going to bank I can give you their WhatsApp number if you don't mind.
Can you give me, please?
I'm in a quandary myself.
Two people from Firstbank and one from Stanbic made a withdrawal. They got debited and my pos or credit card reader did not acknowledge that it was successful. It showed an error instead. I had to give them the money based on trust.
They're yet to get a reversal from their bank.

Is there any tip on how to avoid this with my POS machine?
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by proff010: 9:00am On Jun 08, 2021
Never give money out if you didn't get the fund in your account , always ask them to visit their bank and log a complain. The money would be reverse to your customer account but most customers won't bother to tell you.
Hausa:
Can you give me, please?
Two people from Firstbank and one from Stanbic made a withdrawal. They got debited and my pos or credit card reader did not acknowledge that it was successful. It showed an error instead. I had to give them the money based on trust.

Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Levels1(m): 9:15am On Jun 08, 2021
Hausa:
Can you give me, please?

Good morning Sir, when do you start POS business? You are told never to give any customer a Kobo in as much the transaction was not successful. The customer you gave money to will be so relax and comfortable to go to bank and complain and the pressure will shift back on you since your money is outside. When there's a decline transaction, always give your customer the declined receipt and advise them to visit there Bank, if you want to go far in this your POS business never give anyone a Kobo for a decilne/unsuccessful transaction even if such person is your blood. When it comes to money issues, 99.9% Nigerians are not trustworthy. Back to your request, I only told the OP that I have GTB customer service WhatsApp number and not other Banks own. TIPs to avoid future occurrence, Stop using POS in form of Calculator. Its debited customer often without crediting the Agent, and you are using it simply because they charge little compare to normal POS machine and at the end,all your customer will walkaway once they notice your POS do debits without them receiving their money.
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Hausa(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2021
Levels1:

Good morning Sir, when do you start POS business? You are told never to give any customer a Kobo in as much the transaction was not successful. The customer you gave money to will be so relax and comfortable to go to bank and complain and the pressure will shift back on you since your money is outside. When there's a decline transaction, always give your customer the declined receipt and advise them to visit there Bank, if you want to go far in this your POS business never give anyone a Kobo for a decilne/unsuccessful transaction even if such person is your blood. When it comes to money issues, 99.9% Nigerians are not trustworthy. Back to your request, I only told the OP that I have GTB customer service WhatsApp number and not other Banks own. TIPs to avoid future occurrence, Stop using POS in form of Calculator. Its debited customer often without crediting the Agent, and you are using it simply because they charge little compare to normal POS machine and at the end,all your customer will walkaway once they notice your POS do debits without them receiving their money.
I started just recently. Like two weeks ago.
I'll take your advice very seriously moving forward.
I don't use the calculator kind of pos. I use the android one. It's called Baxibox.

I thought maybe you knew of an indication/notification I was going to see to be sure than money was going to withdraw or not withdraw successfully.
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Levels1(m): 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hausa:
I started just recently. Like two weeks ago.
I'll take your advice very seriously moving forward.
I don't use the calculator kind of pos. I use the android one. It's called Baxibox.

I thought maybe you knew of an indication/notification I was going to see to be sure than money was going to withdraw or not withdraw successfully.

If the transaction is successful, is going to show successful or Approved or Completed. You can chat me on Whatsapp so that I can send you copies of transaction successful via Android POS.
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by bigcee(m): 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hausa:
Can you give me, please?

Giving them the money was a big mistake. You think they're going to tell you when the money is reversed. Na one chance you dey.
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Odion2016(m): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Levels1:

Pls i need the GTB whatsapp number..Thank you in anticipation..
Re: Advice Me What To Do With POS Issue by Hausa(m): 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Odion2016:

Pls i need the GTB whatsapp number..Thank you in anticipation..
Best is to call their customer care number and express yourself well ọ.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Tried To Teach Her But She Still Refuses To Learn / Do Igbo Men Marry Yoruba Women / My Ex Wants To Put Me In Trouble!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.