Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team (51769 Views)

Katsuya Takasu With Mikel Obi & Siasia As He Fulfills His $390,000 Promise / NFF ‘Hijacks’ Takasu's $390,000 Dream Team Gift / Katsuya Takasu Goes To Brazil For Nigerian Dream Team (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Icon79(m): 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
blueto:
What the Nigerian Govt could not do is done by a munificent Japanese. No surprise at all.

Please don't tell me you're buying this story. This sounds like a junk journalism to me. Totally no context. On what basis is this so called Japanese billionaire giving them these money?

Anyway, I am not buying it until I can read it from a reputable media outlet.

O pari
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by femi4: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
omonla555:
https://www.nairaland.com/3283756/mikel-obi-paid-4000-save

I said this last week and some people that cannot reason beyond their nose said all the nonsense their brainless brain could allow them.

Has Nigeria not made Mikel? If he (Mikel) has not represented Nigeria would he have been honoured like this? Though the money is nothing to Mikel but the honour. We can now see why it is good to serve one's fatherland. Is Nigeria the only country playing in the Rio Olympics?

Please let us pray for Nigeria. A prayer for Nigeria today is a prayer for yourself, likewise a curse you place on Nigeria will hunt your destiny. We don't have a country than Nigeria today. God bless Nigeria.
And you call this honour? Can this happen in America. This is a slap on FGN. Someone else took over its responsibility

1 Like

Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Icon79:

Please don't tell me you're buying this story. This sounds like a junk journalism to me. Totally no context. On what basis is this so called Japanese billionaire giving them these money?

Anyway, I am not buying it until I can read it from a reputable media outlet.

O pari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUbGUp6JMk
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by loomer: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
blueto:
It is good to wish them luck, but Nigerian athletes seem to be relying too much on luck and prayers instead of concentating on proper trainning with adequate facilities, forgeting the biblical dictum that denotes that “faith without work is dead.”

Can you compare the Chinese preparations with that of Nigeria?

You just dey blow grammar, you give the athletes facilities to train with and them reject am?
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by addey44: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
blueto:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/08/19/japanese-businessman-splash-dollars-on-siasia-and-chelsea-ace-mikel/
Something doesn't sound quite right about this news. If the Japanese gentleman is donating 390K dollars to the team and Siasia and Mikel alone are taking 220K dollars, does that mean the entire team members left are getting only 70K dollars? I just wonder.
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
blueto:
It is good to wish them luck, but Nigerian athletes seem to be relying too much on luck and prayers instead of concentating on proper trainning with adequate facilities, forgeting the biblical dictum that denotes that “faith without work is dead.”

Can you compare the Chinese preparations with that of Nigeria?

I don't care if those Chinese get a million gold medals, those pictures are horrible and gross child abuse. To hell with them. No child should go through that.
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Ostada(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
Vacancy and Job Posting
Al this opportunity goes to Lagos state residents.
I'm here to share the good news from a reputable organisation who has made it their job to post applicants on Job. Just forward/send resumes to ostadaresource@gmail.com you could be lucky to receive posting on Saturday 20th of August or beyond depending on when we see suitable post.
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
gbosaa:

I don't care if those Chinese get a million gold medals, those pictures are horrible and gross child abuse. To hell with them. No child should go through that.
That picture also connotes that nothing good comes easy except it is of God. don't only focus on the picture but also focus of the lessons that it depicts.

1 Like

Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by DeRay98(m): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
nonjebose:
If you never marry, make I find you wife now now for this post. A female taekwandoist from Sweden was single handedly sponsored by her father to Rio, where she got to the semis. Chukwumerije was sponsored by his father to a bronze medal at Beijing 2008. Ajunwa got the support of Odegbami to wining a gold at Atlanta 1996. The sports association chairmen are lazy and uninventive , waiting for handouts from govt. No more sport philanthropist, but we have many billionaires. The wealthy are not showing much interest in sports, partly because of the non existing sport policy

Hahaha...oya now I need a wife oh...link me up sharp sharp. If she meet my specs the needful go happen.
I no want Otapiapia babe oh grin
As per sports sponsorship you 're right, i am in the know.
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Mayflowa(m): 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Peacetemi:
.We all know those boys could've won gold, they have the potentials. But this country is too useless. One thing I've learnt in Nigeria is to never make sacrifices for this country, Nigeria is not worth dying for. Btw kudos to those boys, they played their own part.

Really? It is the non-sacrifice that have gotten us here. Why do we expect to be paid back every time we think we are doing something good. For Siasia's sacrifice, he reaped this much. Harvest comes from all corners when you serve. Internal joy and contentment is even enough for me.
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Ndolarr: 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
I don't believe this at all! Has he sought Federal Govt's permission for access to the team? He can't donate one dime to them while in Rio without following due process!! Except he plans to give them after the Olympics outside the games village!!! My people should reason nah!
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Icon79(m): 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by mikolo80: 1:35am On Aug 20, 2016
blueto:
I am not in support of Buhari's ministerial appoitments. He appointed political professionals and bunglers instead of seasoned technocrats of which Nigeria is already suffering from their botched administrations.
technocrats should go and form party and win election instead of waiting to reap where they did not sow
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by mikolo80: 1:37am On Aug 20, 2016
Neduzze5:
Nice one.... Since our government cannot appreciate the efforts of our entire Rio Olympics reps, a foreigner will show us how to do that.

Thank you Sir Katsuya!
how many appreciation you don show
Re: Katsuya Takasu Donates $390,000 To Nigerian Dream Team by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Lesson: keep doing good. For your reward will come someday..

I commend coach Siasia..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breakdown Of World Cup Prize Money ($440M) / Rev.fr Mbaka- Mikel Obi Should No Longer Be In The Nigeria Team / Marjorie Enya Proposes To Isadora Cerullo At The Olympics (PICS&VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.