Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman (44060 Views)

She Treats Me Like An Option, Maybe I Am. / 41-Year-Old Woman Claims To Be The Sexiest Old Woman Alive (Photo) / I’m 26-years-old But I’ve Dated 12 Guys And Had 7 Abortions – Young Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by amanikondo: 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
accountbalance:
Please I need working and realistic advice on how to help this young lady.

[b]This is a little bigger than me [/b]because it seems she doesn't see anything wrong with her, she prides in the fact that she is matured for her age but now it's ruining her love life.

What can we do to help her?

Take anything that is bigger than you to God.

1 Like

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by wendy241(f): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
baddestchic:

best advice is to leave and accept her the way she is....cause if she forces herself to change she might not continue to be that loveable girl that you have been talking about. give her time, she will eventually meet someone that she loves and when she sees other babes competing with her she would try to upgrade....
u ar rite guy
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
wendy241:
u ar rite guy

wait wait wait guy ke.... im proudly a bae!

1 Like

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by delishpot: 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
The only problem I see here is her bad posture. Everything else is not a problem in my opinion.
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by MamaletASO: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Mtchew
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hello dear! The reality is that any man who is trying to change who you are to please him is not your man. Don't waste your time with someone who is tolerating you, look for a person who will celebrate you. Somebody is out there looking for exactly that outlook, that walking steps, that mode of dressing, that type of utterances. Such men who want to change who you are are only managing you, when the better option comes, he will abandoned you; I don't like the way you dress, then you change your dresses, I don't like the way you walk, then you change your walk, I don't like the way you laugh or talk, then you change the way you laugh and talk. Honey! A man who doesn't like all these things about you; where then is the love? Once against ! Go where you are celebrated not where you are tolerated.

Pls note the use of the pronoun "you"; I'm directly addressing the girl in question. Convey it to her.

4 Likes

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by MrHenshaw: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
accountbalance:

She happens to be a relative that confides in me for advises in her general life. She is in ND II at a federal polytechnic. A very respectful full and big hearted girl.

Just yesterday night, she put a call through to me, crying that her boyfriend has not been treating her well. So I decided to talk to the guy directly (we all know the guy at home). The guy told me how much he loved my cousin but he complained that she doesn't behave like a young lady, he said she behaves like a woman, and that he has tried in so many ways to change her but he couldn't.

To be honest, I couldn't argue with this guy because I know very much that he is saying the truth. My cousin does not act like all these trendy girls at all, yes she is beautiful but she dresses like an old woman, talks as if she has been born since 1960. I think because she grew up with our grandma might be the cause but it's getting very weird. She is also very religious unlike the rest of us. She would tie wrapper, even her walking position would suggest a very very old person.

The poor boy mentioned many other weird intimate things that I can't mention here. I just told him not to worry, that we'll do something about it.

This is a little bigger than me because it seems she doesn't see anything wrong with her, she prides in the fact that she is matured for her age but now it's ruining her love life.

She needs someone that will truly love her first,then gradually speak to her.Encourage her to read books and watch movies on various etiquette dressing,speeches,eating,take to function etc.I strongly believe it has to do with environmental (association) factor.She needs a new orientation and integration but it's not going to be magic.I am sure she will change.A behavioural change expert will do d needful.

I

1 Like

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by newmusic: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
You can only talk to her to some extent, dont force her to change. From all indications she is a good girl.
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Elxandre(m): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
free2ryhme:

you will be making the greatest mistake of her life if you change her.

what happens when the so called boyfriend dumps her who will be there to accept her?

if the so called boyfriend will not accept her the way she is then he was not meant for her

he is trying to change her to suit his own selfish gains.

Her husband will accept her the way she is
I don't usually comment on this section, but this topic bothers me.

Let me tell you the hard truth.
Women like this often get married late, or get very fewer choices which could lead to ending up with a substandard fellow.
I have sampled many cases before coming to this conclusion.

Even those brothers in her church prefer women with a modernistic dress sense.

Dressing good doesn't mean wearing rubbish like these wayward girls.

If I were the guy, as a realistic person that I'm, I'd leave her to herself.
I have no time trying to change people.

Women like this are baggage of trouble in future.

Marry her, and she looks like a 50 year old in 10 years.

Abeg joor.

2 Likes

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Princepoint(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
As far is she a good cook beautiful presentable and God fearing and she loves you

What else do you want you want her to dress unclad

As far as a lady as the qualites listed above
Pls give me air pods i will block my ears
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Ihavespoken: 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Some girls have strong character which they stick to and afraid to embrace a change, is she that kind of person?

Introduce her to watching documentaries where young women interact and the kind of clothes they wear to keep their man salivating 247.

You could download some British shows on youtube "take me out". It will be quite a challenge as these things are new to her.
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by iaminspired: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
accountbalance:

Am glad you can relate to this. It's because of the love that the guy is still giving room for growth. I know if he wanted to dump my cousin, he would have done it. I just hope she can change o. Because the two of them are very precious to me.

Wisdom builds her home and understanding establishes it.
When they tend to understand each other they will enjoy their home.

I sincerely know how the guy z feeling because I have similar issues but I will advise him not to allow his feelings to becloud his minds

I guess your sister will be very good in doing the house chores just like mine, and her love language z likely to be quality time, all this sums up to the fact that the guy z not enjoying the conversation because what she says are either too spiritual or not emotional enough so he finds it boring

I will just say your sister z a special breed. Just try speaking to her to adjust little in what her man complains, she should a little bit change too, give room 4 improvement. You will notice that she will start claiming territorial weakness, she will see her self as been OK, don't argue or shout at her because it will cause her to return into her shell because she has been offended.

Teach her the word 'compromise' to compromise doesn't say you are weak, you are just letting something go or drop something for the happiness of your partner, he would do the same one day.

When ever I shout at my gf because of an attitude I don't like, she retreats n prefer to relate her issues with another person.

I believe they can make it work if one of them z ready to PAY THE PRICE ------COMPROMISE

DONT MIND ME AM SPEAKING FROM WHAT AM PASSING THROUGH

2 Likes

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by mengho(m): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
well off-topic but I actually prefer dis kind of girls, cause they will have more time to chat & interact with you FACE TO FACE not always on social media, they are usaully kind, responsible & very respectable, call me old fashioned but this girl na d perfect wife material for an extremely stable home plus a happy married life.
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by free2ryhme: 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
Elxandre:

Women like this often get married late, or get very fewer choices which could lead to ending up with a substandard fellow.

Abeg joor.

you are never in a position to determine her future by your standards

2 Likes

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by free2ryhme: 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
accountbalance:

So we should leave her that way. What if the same thing happens with next guy she meets.

Is there anything wrong in making her spice up herself. That's not total change.

how are you sure it will happen to the next guy she meets?

one mans trash is another mans treasure.

we cant all be the same

2 Likes

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Olabestonic001(m): 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
accountbalance:

if I may ask, what are the qualities of a responsible man?

Bro, am a very realistic person and I don't think the level of hypocrisy we have been living with in Nigeria has helped us in anyway.

Are you trying to tell me you don't mind if your woman has same hair for more than month? Wears oversized cloths? Keeps older women as friends? How many more do you want me to mention. So you don't mind if people refer to your woman as your elder sister or even your mother?

And on top of those things, she still doesn't see anything wrong even after complaining.

You are a man now, let's be sincere. I don't blame the guy at all, he's only been sincere. Who no like better thing? Not that she should walk naked now.

From a core understanding of such a wonderful (but "untwitch" ) girl, let me say that I doubt if that guy is the right man for her. That guy would do well with trendy girls than this your cousin. But, if a loving godly man gets to meet that lady, she'd be changed forever. Not in a bad way, nor in a promiscuous way, but a godly romantic (I hope you all have expunged your understanding of spiritual people, they have some of the greatest potentials of love since they've got self-control).
She doesn't need a boyfriend but a fiancé.

2 Likes

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by auxyn1: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
The best thing u can do for her is make her read through this thread from beginning to end, trust me she'll advice herself afterwards

1 Like

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by babiskinado(m): 12:00am On Aug 20, 2016
You have to give us more details so we can understand the situation better
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by cybug: 12:09am On Aug 20, 2016
... and na this kind girl I dey look for fa cheesy
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Ganjafama(m): 12:18am On Aug 20, 2016
accountbalance:

Of course he is trying to build on her uniqueness. The guy is not asking for too much now. He is just asking for her to look good.

Based on your story, I would like to ask, what eventually made your wife to be envied?
Has that so-called boyfriend of hers ever taken her out to shop for decent clothes and to fix her hair and she refused? The guy should do the right thing instead of whinning like a kid. The solution is simple - take her out for shopping and fix her hair regularly.

1 Like

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Coffin4Sale: 12:39am On Aug 20, 2016
Take her as she is or walk away. Other people would love her the way she is.
accountbalance:

She happens to be a relative that confides in me for advises in her general life. She is in ND II at a federal polytechnic. A very respectful full and big hearted girl.

Just yesterday night, she put a call through to me, crying that her boyfriend has not been treating her well. So I decided to talk to the guy directly (we all know the guy at home). The guy told me how much he loved my cousin but he complained that she doesn't behave like a young lady, he said she behaves like a woman, and that he has tried in so many ways to change her but he couldn't.

To be honest, I couldn't argue with this guy because I know very much that he is saying the truth. My cousin does not act like all these trendy girls at all, yes she is beautiful but she dresses like an old woman, talks as if she has been born since 1960. I think because she grew up with our grandma might be the cause but it's getting very weird. She is also very religious unlike the rest of us. She would tie wrapper, even her walking position would suggest a very very old person.

The poor boy mentioned many other weird intimate things that I can't mention here. I just told him not to worry, that we'll do something about it.

This is a little bigger than me because it seems she doesn't see anything wrong with her, she prides in the fact that she is matured for her age but now it's ruining her love life.

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Klare(f): 12:44am On Aug 20, 2016
Pls i need answers too same thing happening to this lady is happening to someone very very close to me but she no grow up with a grandma
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by halfricanadian(f): 12:48am On Aug 20, 2016
WE SHD LEARN TO MIND OUR BUSINESS

AS ANY ONE EVER CHECKED THE LADY IN QUESTION BANK ACCOUNT TO KNOW IF SHE CAN AFFORD SUCH A LIFE STYLE

OH LIKE U DONT KNOW 90% OF LADIES WITH TRENDY WEARS SLEEP AROUND WITH GUYS ANAL SEX ND ALL NASTY THINGS ND HERE U AV A DECENT LADY U COMPLAINING

THE GUY IS NOT MEANT FOR HER

IF I'M D LADY I WILL DUMP D GUY WITH NO REMORSE
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by L1TTLE(m): 12:48am On Aug 20, 2016
accountbalance:

did you just mentioned grandma op thats the cause believe me, my distant relative who grew up with a grandma also behaves this way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by V0lv0(f): 12:52am On Aug 20, 2016
There is nothing wrong with her. She is a more matured, and reserved person. It's simply a compatibility issue. She needs to date an older guy who will understand and appreciate her and not young boys who are still into trendy clothes etc etc. People are different for a reason otherwise we would all be the same. If he can't handle her personality and Character then he should find someone who he can be more compatible with.

Some people are just old at heart and that is just the way they are. I have a work colleague who is just like that. Very mature, motherly and is not really into the "youth things". She is dating an older guy and he loves those things about her. So it's all about finding the one that appreciates you for you.

If she was more materialistic, clubby, trendy etc i am sure the same person would be complainig that she is too out there. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Klare(f): 1:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Elxandre:

Abeg joor.

God bless you bro, tell them, them no go gree

Even our so called deeper sisters are no upgraging and dressing fine.

You as a lady wey no fit dress well for you self how you go take dress your pikin when you marry.

Common good powder some girls no go put, they get fericles here and there
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Klare(f): 1:52am On Aug 20, 2016
Ihavespoken:
Some girls have strong character which they stick to and afraid to embrace a change, is she that kind of person?

Introduce her to watching documentaries where young women interact and the kind of clothes they wear to keep their man salivating 247.

You could download some British shows on youtube "take me out". It will be quite a challenge as these things are new to her.

The girl wey i know ooh naso so yoruba films
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by quaid(m): 2:54am On Aug 20, 2016
I suggest you take to a wild parties a few time. She will change.
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by ebubeEnyioha(m): 3:48am On Aug 20, 2016
av u guys thought of change of environment. she needs to b whr she will actually c herself as weird until den I doubt.
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 20, 2016
accountbalance:

She is just the kind of girl i was praying for give me her number asap !!

You are ignorant enough to think theres something wrong with her when infact

Better leave that queen alone you sick confused elephant angry angry
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by edorhe14(m): 4:46am On Aug 20, 2016
It Boils Down to the way she was Brought up.
I would Advice her been a young lady to try and Balance it up.
Life is evolving and she has to keep up with the trends but not every trend though, the trends that appeal to her personality.
I had this same issues too growing up but I learnt Life is a beautiful gift that should be held with all seriousness and been uptight.
It is to be Enjoyed and there also has to be a Balance.
Wish her the best.
Re: Help! She Is Just 23years Old But Acts Like An Old Woman by marychommy(f): 6:06am On Aug 20, 2016
Datz not surprise to me In my younger days I was normally refers as mama nnukwu becos of the way I behaves even got admission til remain like dat den I got married my husband changed me. He got it to himself to get all I d use from head to toes. Now am happy with my look and everything about me but one thing stil stand I can't stop talking reasoning and handling issues as an elderly person. Ask ur sister if she really wants her relationship to work let her fight her inner self to change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / My Fiance's Ex Is Fabricating Lies Against Me / Booty & Thick Women Gang: Which Of These Nigerian-Ghanian Girls Will You Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.