Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Heart In The Rising Sun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heart In The Rising Sun (337 Views)

Profiling Nnamdi Kanu... Son Of The Rising Sun - The Sun / Half Of The Rising Sun....the Biafran Story / Heart In The Rising Sun : Biafran Independence And The South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heart In The Rising Sun by kelabok(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
waking this morning came with an unusual feeling, one born out of a genuine concern for not only my future but for that of my generation and the Igbo ethnic in general. We as a people have been perpetually been relegated to the backgrounds of affairs in times past and indices have shown that this is the route we should expect to ply in years to come in this contraption called Nigeria. I called it so because of how complicated we have made the simplest of things appear. The Igbo people usually referred to as one of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria have lost its appeal to so many that they seem to look like one of the minority groups in Nigeria in spite of all its ingenious efforts at ensuring the progress of our nation. In fact permit me to use the exact word people often use in their mind but not courageous enough to use in the open. These second class citizens should be subjugation in the markets(which is of cause the main stay of its people), in federal appointments, in the establishment and maintenance of federal structures across the country, in recruitment in to and promotion at the federal civil service. The man from the south East will remain prejudiced so long as this nation remains as it is. When I talk of the south East(as is the major focus of this write up) other minorities should think about this nation as it affects them.
The ethnocentric political behaviour have already been engrained not only in our brains but have become part of our genetic composition. It is easy to tread blames; it's the fault of the Europeans, Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. After all its logical because they brought use together in the first place. But did they really do that? Did they bring use all from different continents to form Nigeria or even Africa. It still remains true that we are different in culture but aren't we of one race? If so why can't we co-exist peacefully. After all we in various States in the East and across the 36 States hold stereotypes against one another. This was brought upon use by the whites but now they are gone why then can't we turn a new leaf. Why do we have to trade people's happiness for just our own people as is currently being done by Buhari and other before him. Why have the roads in the south East remained how it is when the was surplus to embark on lots of white elephants projects. The answers to these questions and some others in your mind lies in the structure of the Nigerian state. Within some days I will be taking you through what I persive as the solution to the current political quagmire facing this colonial handiwork.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Passes Bill To Ban Free Grazing Ekiti State House Of Assembly / My Govt Is Prepared To Talk To Bonafide Leaders Of Boko Haram- Pres. Buhari / READ Why House Of Reps Leaders Believe Jibrin Needs Urgent Medical Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.