Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun (7317 Views)

$180m Halliburton Scam: Ex-heads Of State’s Indictment ‘scared Jonathan’ / We Don't Have Money To Release, For Capital Projects: FG / FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by NairaMaster1(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2016
Government of TO

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by biikeys(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2016
989900:

So how do you get out of a recession?

A lot other ways have proven effective in other countries. Very strong fiscal policies and encouraging growth of small businesses/indigenous startups...diversify the economy etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by aramideji(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2016
Diebyfire05:
Beautiful woman with deformed brain; make sure your calculations is right this time to avoid lashing you again. How una dey afonjas and waste side, I hail una oooo. Hope you guys are enjoying and eating the chanji from your brother from cannibal north.
Point of correction, you Ipob or whatever you call yourselves, Yoruba's father aint AFONJA it is ODUDUWA or you say O'ODUA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by hunterden: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2016
Diebyfire05:
Beautiful woman with deformed brain; make sure your calculations is right this time to avoid lashing you again. How una dey afonjas and waste side, I hail una oooo. Hope you guys are enjoying and eating the chanji from your brother from cannibal north.

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by 989900: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2016
biikeys:

A lot other ways have proven effective in other countries. Very strong fiscal policies and encouraging growth of small businesses/indigenous startups...diversify the economy etc.
. . . austerity measures, tax incentives, broadening the tax base, low interest rate loans, and of course the big one: capital expenditure (construction, power, mining, agric, Industries, rail, and e.t.c.), that quickly creates jobs, jobs broaden the tax base too, while increasing
the spending power of the populace, income for the gov't, coupled with general increased commercial activities.

So, going back to our guy, how is capital expenditure over-hyped?

It is not like the govt has left other areas unattended to, slow pace, yes, but it is being worked on.
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by biggerj(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2016
hmm dis govt nd future tense, i jst hop we get out of dis mess nd wen we do i knw we ll b stronger, bt dis govt i hop dey knw wat dey re doin
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by ephi123(f): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Government of the future --- To, Shall, Will
Can we please have "The government has done, has completed, has commissioned etc etc. We want action not empty words. Sigh
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by onatisi(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by onatisi(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2016
LoveMachine:

Last month, Adeosun said the country will commence international borrowing in the third quarter of the year.

The government has said it plans to borrow up to $10 billion, with about half of that coming from foreign sources, to help make up a budget shortfall exacerbated by a slump in oil prices.

Nigeria had initially planned to hold Eurobonds road shows in March but postponed sales as investors complained about the overvalued naira, according to bankers.

Adeosun met international investors in June on a non-deal roadshow in London as Africa’s biggest economy explores fund-raising options to finance a record budget deficit.

http://www.tv360nigeria.com/nigeria-approve-180m-capital-spending-adeosun/

DANGER !DANGER!!DANGER!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by tonio2wo: 11:01am On Aug 20, 2016
FG "will" "to" release bla bla bla!

Why not FG "has" "have" released bla bla

Bunch of thieving liars.
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by slimfit1(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2016
Miles300:
This is the only thing her brain has been programmed for , capital project since 2 month now that's the only thing she keep sayin ..nothin else .

What else are you expecting give out our money to the rich to share like Ngozi the mother Christmas. Go and figure out what the job of finance minister is. What do you want her to say ?
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by hucienda: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Another FG To ... ?

Government of the 'Future Tense.'
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by bender79: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
People criticize this woman for nothing, as far as I'm concerned she is doing her best and if you ask me her explanations are always clear...even clearer than ngozi lweala who was always using technical terms.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by Miles300: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
989900:

The most f00lish comment ever!

. . . austerity measures, tax incentives, broadening the tax base, low interest rate loans, and of course the big one: capital expenditure (construction, power, mining, agric, Industries, rail, and e.t.c.), that quickly creates jobs, jobs broaden the tax base too, while increasing
the spending power of the populace, income for the gov't, coupled with general increased commercial activities. I understand wat it is very well , my comment is that this things are easy to say write and talk about . We want to see dem working in action not analysis , we don dey hear and write analysis since 1960..

It is not like the govt has left other areas unattended to, slow pace, yes, but it is being worked on.

Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by Miles300: 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
989900:

The most f00lish comment ever!

the spending power of the populace, income for the gov't, coupled with general increased commercial activities.

we know all this things my brother , na wetin we do for economics.. But u misunderstood my statement .. Wat u wrote up there is good for reading, but then we have been reading and hearing such words and analysis since 1960 .. We want action . Let the common man feel the impact of governance.
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by slimzeyy: 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
Does mr juman lives in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria To Approve $180m More For Capital Spending –adeosun by juman(m): 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
slimzeyy:
Does mr juman lives in Nigeria?

Live here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside Africa’s Biggest Warship : NNS Thunder. / Yuletide: FG Says There’s Abundant Fuel Supply / Security Situation In Enugu Is Under Control - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.