Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi (7308 Views)

Governor Wike To Remain In PDP As He Declares Support For Atiku / Wike: APC Planted A Presidential Aspirant In PDP As A Mole / Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by agbotikuyo(f): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2018
Ezeagu people, Nkanu Traders endorse Ugwuanyi for re-election, as Hundreds of APC Members defect to PDP

The People of Ezeagu Local Government Area have unanimously endorsed Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State for re-election in 2019, saying he has delivered on his campaign promises and considered the people of the area in political appointments.

This came as traders from "Nkanuland" under the auspices of Nkanu Traders Association also declared their support for the governor in 2019, stressing that they are behind him till 2023.

The people of Ezeagu gave the endorsement during a well attended civic reception organized in honour of Gov. Ugwuanyi by the Gburugburu Movement Ezeagu held at Aguogbuowa, headquarters of the council area.

The people said they were highly impressed with the development strides of the governor and his uncommon leadership style which have entrenched peace and good governance in the council area in particular and the state in general.

The event at Ezeagu LGA also witnessed the defection of hundreds of All Progressives Congress (APC) members to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The defecting members said they were tired of their former party and opposition politics in the state, hence their conviction for the action.

Leader of the group, Gen. Okafor said they were at the reception for Governor Ugwuanyi to see that they had fully converted to the PDP and request him to carry them along.

Moving the motion for the endorsement of Gov. Ugwuanyi for second term, which was seconded by a businessman, Dr. Ozor Nweke, a Professor of Media and Communication Studies, Ike Ndolo said that the people of Ezeagu have every reason to support the governor for re-election, disclosing that apart from development projects, he chose a daughter of Ezeagu, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo as his deputy and appointed their son, Dr. Festus Uzor as Chief of Staff.

In her remark, the Deputy Governor expressed delight that she is working cordially with the governor, who she described as "a peaceful leader and the governor for Enugu State, not for PDP alone".

Mrs. Ezeilo hailed Gov. Ugwuanyi's grassroots development initiatives, adding that the governor has ensured that at least one project is executed in every community in the state.

Chairman of the reception planning committee, Prof Chike Anibeze said the reception was organised by the entire 42 communities in Ezeagu L.G.A for Ugwuanyi's magnanimity in allocation of human and physical resources in the state.

He said: "Your Excellency, we have unanimously devoted today to give you this reception which came after a deep reflection on the Gburugburu Model of governance and how it has positively affected the Ezeagu people.

"We are exceedingly delighted that the Ezeagu people are major stakeholders in this government which gives us the uncommon pride to share in its numerous successes".

The Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr. Uzor, who put the motion for the governor's endorsement to a voice vote, which received a resounding acclamation, noted that the people of Ezeagu stand to benefit more from the state government if the governor is re-elected in 2019

Governor Ugwuanyi in his response thanked the people for the endorsement and urged the people to endeavor to collect their permanent voters cards, describing PVCs as key to the fortune of the state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/ezeagu-lg-nkanu-traders-endorse-ugwuanyi-re-election/

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by python1: 10:01am On Mar 19, 2018
I no know say apc members wey dey Enugu even reach 10.

6 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by OneCorner: 10:24am On Mar 19, 2018
too many sloppy heads in one pikshures vying for cups of rice...
and d sons and daughters left dere gala to come and cry on nairaland
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by NwaAmaikpe: 10:26am On Mar 19, 2018
shocked

Useless stomach politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 19, 2018
angry

Who does the counting please... The figures always baffles me!

Same reason why Nigeria can never be better. Because we keep recycling thieves from one party to another along with their brainwashed followers...!

Tell me the difference between APC and PDP..?
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by obembet(f): 10:27am On Mar 19, 2018
They don't have PVC..
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by obembet(f): 10:27am On Mar 19, 2018
Who dey count? And tell them to show their PVC
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by makdcash(m): 10:28am On Mar 19, 2018
Let count down to 2019
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by gidgiddy: 10:29am On Mar 19, 2018
python1:
I no know say apc members wey dey Enugu even reach 10.

10? Then that means APC is making progress in Enugu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by free2ryhme: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2018
agbotikuyo:
Ezeagu people, Nkanu Traders endorse Ugwuanyi for re-election, as Hundreds of APC Members defect to PDP

The People of Ezeagu Local Government Area have unanimously endorsed Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State for re-election in 2019, saying he has delivered on his campaign promises and considered the people of the area in political appointments.

This came as traders from "Nkanuland" under the auspices of Nkanu Traders Association also declared their support for the governor in 2019, stressing that they are behind him till 2023.

The people of Ezeagu gave the endorsement during a well attended civic reception organized in honour of Gov. Ugwuanyi by the Gburugburu Movement Ezeagu held at Aguogbuowa, headquarters of the council area.

The people said they were highly impressed with the development strides of the governor and his uncommon leadership style which have entrenched peace and good governance in the council area in particular and the state in general.

The event at Ezeagu LGA also witnessed the defection of hundreds of All Progressives Congress (APC) members to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The defecting members said they were tired of their former party and opposition politics in the state, hence their conviction for the action.

Leader of the group, Gen. Okafor said they were at the reception for Governor Ugwuanyi to see that they had fully converted to the PDP and request him to carry them along.

Moving the motion for the endorsement of Gov. Ugwuanyi for second term, which was seconded by a businessman, Dr. Ozor Nweke, a Professor of Media and Communication Studies, Ike Ndolo said that the people of Ezeagu have every reason to support the governor for re-election, disclosing that apart from development projects, he chose a daughter of Ezeagu, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo as his deputy and appointed their son, Dr. Festus Uzor as Chief of Staff.

In her remark, the Deputy Governor expressed delight that she is working cordially with the governor, who she described as "a peaceful leader and the governor for Enugu State, not for PDP alone".

Mrs. Ezeilo hailed Gov. Ugwuanyi's grassroots development initiatives, adding that the governor has ensured that at least one project is executed in every community in the state.

Chairman of the reception planning committee, Prof Chike Anibeze said the reception was organised by the entire 42 communities in Ezeagu L.G.A for Ugwuanyi's magnanimity in allocation of human and physical resources in the state.

He said: "Your Excellency, we have unanimously devoted today to give you this reception which came after a deep reflection on the Gburugburu Model of governance and how it has positively affected the Ezeagu people.

"We are exceedingly delighted that the Ezeagu people are major stakeholders in this government which gives us the uncommon pride to share in its numerous successes".

The Chief of Staff to the Governor, Dr. Uzor, who put the motion for the governor's endorsement to a voice vote, which received a resounding acclamation, noted that the people of Ezeagu stand to benefit more from the state government if the governor is re-elected in 2019

Governor Ugwuanyi in his response thanked the people for the endorsement and urged the people to endeavor to collect their permanent voters cards, describing PVCs as key to the fortune of the state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/ezeagu-lg-nkanu-traders-endorse-ugwuanyi-re-election/

Washy people
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by python1: 10:31am On Mar 19, 2018
gidgiddy:

10? Then that means APC is making progress in Enugu.
APC doesn't give a damn about 5 percent.
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by Robisky001(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2018
I don't think APC can ever win election in the southeast, because that party is synonymous to Buhari,who in turn is synonymous to hardship. The Imo election will be a litmus test to APC unpopularity in the southeast.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by NonsoWow: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2018
Enugu politicians have now copied the wearing of ankara bearing the faces of their governor, a trend which Anambra invented.

Anambra leads, others follow.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by Homeboiy: 10:36am On Mar 19, 2018
Enugu is in the hands of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by debolayinka(m): 10:42am On Mar 19, 2018
Enugu people should decide what they want.
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by Ngokafor(f): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2018
Defections or no defections,buhari must go back to daura next year...period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by PHILipu1(m): 10:44am On Mar 19, 2018
Robisky001:
I don't think APC can ever win election in the southeast, because that party is synonymous to Buhari,who in turn is synonymous to hardship. The Imo election will be a litmus test to APC unpopularity in the southeast.
We heard all this before Anambra governorship election and APC still dusted PDP to clinch second.

No APGA in Imo and i see APC taking it landslide.

Don't tell me that everybody that voted for APGA in Anambra would have voted for PDP if APGA didn't contest in that election.
The votes would have still be shared between APC and PDP.
Wake up to reality on ground.
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by biggy26: 11:03am On Mar 19, 2018
Deliver on dividends and leave defection alone.
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2018
NonsoWow:
Enugu politicians have now copied the wearing of ankara bearing the faces of their governor, a trend which Anambra invented.

Anambra leads, others follow.

well i forgive ur ignorance because if you are a living thing you will know ankara is an afonja thing ... way back '93 mko abiola campaign i watched my parent rock ankara bearing a white horse n abiola face..
when it comes to politics,,entertainment ,fashion or social life their is nothing to emulate from d east ,,cos afonja we are really pace setters ..east learn weytin concern north. .
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by Sexina851(f): 11:50am On Mar 19, 2018
pinnket:
angry

Same reason why Nigeria can never be better. Because we keep recycling thieves from one party to another along with their brainwashed followers...!

God bless you my brother, but seriously Nigeria youths are sleeping
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
pinnket:
angry

That's why we need a new nation.
Re: Hundreds Of APC Members Defect To PDP, As Nkanu Residents Endorse Ugwuanyi by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
2019 election bringing up these drama.

(1) (Reply)

Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) / Kogi CoS, Asuku Hosts Kogi’s Brightest Students, Award Scholarships (Video) / Tinubu: I didn't attend primary, secondary schools. My Certificates Were Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.