Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! (37016 Views)

Why Glo Recent Slash In Data Bundle Should Excite You / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by gen2briz(m): 7:58am On Aug 20, 2016
SuperSuave:
Mtn is the best if you've the money here
Airtel is second fastest
Etisalat 3G is always popping up instead of H+ sometimes
Glo-do not have a glo sim and not planning to buy one with the reviews I'm seeing

That Etisalat 3G dey annoying. Once the 3G pop up, nothing will go again.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by MissSlimbody(f): 7:59am On Aug 20, 2016
Its all depends on your location.
Etisalat is quite slow in my area(...wasn't like that before).
Mtn misbehaves sometimes, Airtel and glo are very fast.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by acenazt: 7:59am On Aug 20, 2016
Benwems:

mtn representative on nairaland spotted. everyday knows mtn and glo are five and six. mtn is a bad as glo for data services. Airtel and etisalat all the way.
sharap oga u r demented go and do a survey ask 100 people and 60 will tell u Mtn. Talking bout representative. Glo is slooow as F
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by BigBen10: 7:59am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:
my GPS just came on again (4th in 2 minutes) angry ..
No looking back..

Bros I agree with your first two points I havent experienced the third but all in all Glo data network is horrible. I just switched to etisalat 2 days ago and the network has been awesome. full 3G through the day and night undecided. My friend and I have been making watsapp calls ever since. No need to burn credit anymore.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by jmoore(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2016
kov624665:

You seem more sensible. Our intelligent OP refuse to let us know the location he conducted the "glo-experiment". As for me, i don't make conclusions based on my own experience alone.
No doubt that there are some people that are enjoying glo data. But if we are to take a survey, glo is the worst. What's the point if only 15% of your customers enjoy your data services while the remaining 85% are frustrated. Use this thread as an example. It is obvious that glo is non reliable.

The most frustrating thing is when I use generator to power my computer and my petrol is wasting because glo decided to fuc* up. undecided

My ratings so far is

1- Etisalat

2- Mtn

3- Airtel ( the data is exactly half of what you buy grin )

4- Glo
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2016
I got my Glo line a fortnight ago. The network is okay here. My GPS doesn't turn on. Am even blamingmyself that I should have subscribed for 10Gig. Am really enjoying Glo network here. I streamline as a like.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by caseone(m): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2016
Depends on the area, my office @ Apapa glo is very effective but my house at Meiran Alagbado glo service is too poor....
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2016
I think it all depends on your location(s), like here at Okada in Edo state where am serving. MTN and Glo is the best. Some villages under Okada, MTN, Glo and Etisalat are terrible network but airtel is the only network they do use there.
Once I get to my house in Lagos, all the four service providers are okay. Even you will be confused which network to subscribe on.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by kanayogod(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:

since this nightmare, MTN will be bae for long. At least its reliable (most times for now).
You can't just conclude that glo is poor in data connection! I have tried all, it depends on your location, airtel is OK where I reside but when I get to another part of the city, glo is great.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by LORDI(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2016
Mtn is slow and they are thieves.
I have been using glo 2500 for 10g, I dont regret it at all.
They are sinply the best.

Pls if glo is slow in your area please move to another network, rather than come here and write trash about them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by tivta(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo customer care actually called me using 444 asking why I haven't subscribed to their data since june, told them their service is very poor here in Lagos where I stay but surprisingly it is very fast in my village. Hopefully they will work on it, hate or love glo they offer the cheapest data

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Ibidapson(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2016
Reliability of ntw providers depends on the area, glo are wow in some areas buh ovearall, they are nofin to write home abt
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by airsaylongcon: 8:07am On Aug 20, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
Yes, network can be bad atimes but Glo has already won the battle you speak of

Glo Is goin to continue winning becos they add alitle bit xtra like if I subscribe for 1400 I get addition 2800 for calls so y would I leave that for any other smelly network

Ask Empty N and oda network providers, they are losing so bad

As regards the bolded, you know nothing about marketing if what moves you is the so-called 2k8 they give you. They are baiting you with so-called "free" airtime and accomplishing their aim of getting you to spend on the network. If only you knew the marketing ploy going on
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

I don't know of your current setup

I can safely assume that one is your apps is using Glo internet setup but not mtn or etisalat.

I have an app (mobdro) that only works with Glosecure apn, not gloflat nor mtn's proxy apn.it triggers agps.
The app will not work even with data on my mtn sim until I modify the default apn..
Maybe that's your issue.

Some default apps act like that too eg my HTC sense app

Even minus that, Glo has no control of your GPS, it's very amusing to see that assumption..
It's a well known feature of later Android phones from Android 5

Mmmm, OK aside My GPS issue with Glo, no issue with Glo at all. But I want you to know today that it is only Glo that turns my GPS on. Other sim asks for my permission if there is any need to.

As for mobdro, mine works with all networks.

I even confronted them once but I was told ”we are sorry about that, we going to resolve it”
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by berbs112(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2016
@OP where you dey live? Glo is the best and they'll win the data war. I hope the Op isn't paid to do this on behalf of other network providers
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by chamberlin1(m): 8:18am On Aug 20, 2016
Why drive a Beetle when you can drive a Ferrari. Since I started using Smile 4G LTE, i've never complained of speed. I stream videos, update my PS 4, play online games, upload stuffs, blog and surf the internet with supersonic speed. Although its within Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Benin, Asaba, Onitsha, Kaduna. If you are within Port Harcourt environs, you can join the network by calling 07050478849
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by feldido(m): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2016
All my life I've never seen a poor data service like glo... I always feel like frustrated, almost threw my phone one day cos of the poor network. It's same everywhere I go, MTN 2g is better than glo 3g.

NCC should just ban them

2 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Simeony007(m): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2016
So becos of glo now I will be changing location? Rubbish once something is rubbish it has no order names it's rubbish

#glotheworstnetwork
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by wayaa007(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2016
Awuff dey turn belle...in my area, mtn mast is barely 20m to my house, Glo and airtel about 30m, but the way Glo slow pass snail, coupled with disappearance of network... I don't like mtn, but men, mtn has the power of a spirit here, click and go, no time for wasting...
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by semasir: 8:21am On Aug 20, 2016
I won't argue your points but to enjoy glo, simply use 3G permanently else you won't enjoy a damn of it. I've been using glo since I left Airtel about 2yrs ago and not terrible so far.

Politicalidiot:
Today after almost a week of testing, I have finally gotten tired of Glo. Now, it is necessary to note at this junction that I am a heavy user of all the networks - MTN (2 Sims), Airtel (2 Sims), Etisalat (1 sim) and Glo (1 recent sim). Like everyone within the past 2 months, I had been inundated with the recent Glo data offers (#1000 for a Bazillion gb). So exactly on monday this week, I decided to take the bite and try out Glo again (after an almost 3yr hiatus).
Its been 4days now, and even though I hardly write, I had to sit down and pen these cogent reasons on why Glo will be the loser of the data Wars.

1. Super Poor Network Connection: Yes. As everyone knows, Glo and poor network are 5 & 6 and its only someone working in Glo office that will tell you otherwise. Get used to super slow network the likes you probably haven't seen since the late 2000s. I could wager my money that even the Airtel 2g is faster that Glo 3g at times. Proof? A simple Google or Nairaland search will convince you (check the post date.)

2. Frequent Disconnection: During my few days of Data hell, it was as if Glo owned my phone. What with the frequent data disconnections and network vanishing at intervals. I had never experienced such sorcery prior to Glo. This may have been the end of my sorrows until....

3. GPS: Remember when I said it was as if Glo owned my phone? Yea right. They had to one up themselves didn't they? Any time I put on my data connection, so would My GPS be unceremoniously turned on. I suspected foul play on Glo 's part and a simple Google search brought me to this page on NL - https://www.nairaland.com/2899604/gps-keeps-turning-automatically-after/1 confirming my suspicion. Glo was the culprit!!! Did anyone inform Glo I played Pokemon Go? Wetin person dey use GPS do for naija? I tire.

Glo seriously just had to know where I was. . Even if you turn it off, within a minute it was back again. And God help you if you sleep off without putting off your data. Just kiss your fully charged battery Goodbye. Especially in this era that Nepa doesn't have joy

This was the last straw. I couldn't take it again (I probably will until my subscription expires Sunday. So, yes. I posted this with Glo). A bad User experience coupled with poor network? Glo is silently but surely heading for the data Gallows.

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Chibyko(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2016
Wat subscription do u use for mtn biko
Politicalidiot:

since this nightmare, MTN will be bae for long. At least its reliable (most times for now).
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Viktor1983(m): 8:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:
my GPS just came on again (4th in 2 minutes) angry ..
No looking back..

I never thought glo would be the culprit, first time I tried out their N500 for 3gb weekend plan, my location kept on turning on, I was suspecting better net app, Tinder, Google and Spotify.. I managed the situation all weekend, it stopped immediately I removed their sim and reinsert my regular ones
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by menxer: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo, my beautiful good for nothing ex.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by COURVOISier(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Almost 80% of glo users on NL complain of bad network. It is true their network is bad in major parts of the country. I am a glo user, and it is fast where I stay unlike airtel & mtn.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Xionez(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Mrreed:
some people just have hatred for this glo network. i honestly dont know why. i m using glo 6gb for 2k and i currently stay in kaduna. after my sub i plan on moving to the 10gb plan cos i download alot and i dont experience glitches whatsoever. i watch youtube video without buffing and even fast forward most times.
using speed test, glo clocked 3.7 mps over here. if that is not fast i wonder what is fast. as regards dose complaining about glo switching on their gps i dont know the kind of fone you are using that will give a mobile network the authority to on yur network. pls note, i cn switch to any network as long as the network is gud enuf and the price is reasonable enough.

Lemme assume its just settings. Whats is your own like?
Screenshots prefered.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Boeing777pilot: 8:34am On Aug 20, 2016
Oga,
Figures don't lie.
Look at the latest figures released by the NCC, glo recorded the highest number of new data subscribers and these figures are rising.

Granted that glo have their own issues, they will continue to win the data war and these figures support this assertion.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by cutierashy(f): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Valto:
glo is the best network in my area. if glo is not good in your area, change network grin btw, if i am judge all networks as u are doing (according to my area) glo is the best, while Etisalat and airtel is the worst. Glo is winning the data war, according to NCC statistics tongue
by there talk... U shall know them. Glo marketer of the year grin grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 8:42am On Aug 20, 2016
iliyande:

Mmmm, OK aside My GPS issue with Glo, no issue with Glo at all. But I want you to know today that it is only Glo that turns my GPS on. Other sim asks for my permission if there is any need to.

As for mobdro, mine works with all networks.

I even confronted them once but I was told ”we are sorry about that, we going to resolve it”

Meaning you've granted GPS permissions to an app to use Glo. Simply revoke it

Mobdro doesn't work with gkoflat apn
It also doesn't work with mtn apn with proxy
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by mykeaji(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2016
As someone said here, I think sometimes they rotate good network coverage in short while. But overall dont let us deceive ourselves. It all depends on location. I use glo at home and it's quite okay. It's terrible where I work but great at home. Mtn is terrible at home but great at my work place. Etisalat is great at home but I have to strategically position myself...
Overall to me it's okay. I have used all and I know which benefit me per location.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Onyemabright(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2016
My brother u are right
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by keynesstreet2: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2016
grayht:
Useless network

The damn thing keeps disconnecting even with the 2 signal bars on my fone

But still the best in my area.......
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Meaning you've granted GPS permissions to an app to use Glo. Simply revoke it

Mobdro doesn't work with gkoflat apn
It also doesn't work with mtn apn with proxy

I can't argue further since I am not alone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Get Awesome Blackberry Display Pictures (dp's) For Free! / Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports / Lady destroys iPhone 7+ because her boyfriend refused to buy her iPhone XS Max.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.