Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! (37040 Views)

Why Glo Recent Slash In Data Bundle Should Excite You / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by elitejosef: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2016
Valto:
glo is the best network in my area. if glo is not good in your area, change network grin btw, if i am judge all networks as u are doing (according to my area) glo is the best, while Etisalat and airtel is the worst. Glo is winning the data war, according to NCC statistics tongue

Same in my area ooooo
Enjoying my glo like Goodluck Admin ooooo
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2016
exceltech:

What type of phone are you using ?

I have experienced it on the following phones:

Infinix hot note 2
Letv s1
Cube talk 9x tab
Phantom z
Lenovo k3 note

Maybe you can as well read through this threat too: https://www.nairaland.com/3135384/glo-nigeria-spying-us#46107599
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by sagitariusbaby(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2016
Since you posted this, I have put off my GPS and it has remained off for over an hour now and I'm sure if I didn't put it on again it won't come up.
My data connects faster In my own part of surulere and ajah a where I work
Glo is winning the war and there is nothing you can so about it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 10:24am On Aug 20, 2016
ekenetheorg:

Bro, go and find Tecno H5 and see what happens. OP is right. After all settings, it comes back on after just 2min
You're right about the problem on tecno ..
Tecno has had plenty issues on their phone software .
I had to build my own rom some years ago before I could enjoy a borrowed tecno.
It's a software permission thingy from the stk application (the sim tool kit aka magic plus underlay) and affects some MTK phones as well.
It's not under glo's control but results from poor software build issues
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ekenetheorg(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

It's a software permission thingy from the stk application (the sim tool kit aka magic plus underlay) and affects some MTK phones as well.
It's not under glo's control but results from poor software build issues

But it doesn't happen on other networks on the same phone. Only with Glo.Glo turns on gps automatically

2 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

It's not under glo's contro l but results from poor software build issues

Tecno poor ROM, yes but @bolded No no no!!!! Why is it ONLY Glo sim that have no control over my GPS? Other sims work fine.

https://www.nairaland.com/3135384/glo-nigeria-spying-us#46107599
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ekenetheorg(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2016
sagitariusbaby:
Since you posted this, I have put off my GPS and it has remained off for over an hour now and I'm sure if I didn't put it on again it won't come up.
My data connects faster In my own part of surulere and ajah a where I work
Glo is winning the war and there is nothing you can so about it.

It happens with these phones

Tecno H5
Infinix hot note 2
Letv s1
Cube talk 9x tab
Phantom z
Lenovo k3 note
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Hypelegion: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2016
rufans:

Where

GLO is amazing here
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2016
iliyande:

Tecno poor ROM, yes but @bolded No no no!!!! Why is it ONLY Glo sim that have no control over my GPS? Other sims work fine.

https://www.nairaland.com/3135384/glo-nigeria-spying-us#46107599

You're right.. It's the way the Glo magicplus runs on some devices.
Sim tool kit apps can operate in 2 modes, dedicated mode and raw mode.

Most poorly built roms from tecno etal do not make the proper changes hence the magicplus connects erratically..
Sometimes the app even sends a free sms when the phone is immediately turned on.

Remove that sim and put in a Samsung or HTC phone. those GPS issues won't come on .

Blame the dull Android build and not Glo. Magicplus is the most sophisticated stk app I've ever seen in Nigeria.

I'm out

3 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by viki84(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2016
Valto:
glo is the best network in my area. if glo is not good in your area, change network grin btw, if i am judge all networks as u are doing (according to my area) glo is the best, while Etisalat and airtel is the worst. Glo is winning the data war, according to NCC statistics tongue
which cave are you reporting from? Cuz only in caves Glo network de get strong network

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Benwems(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2016
acenazt:
sharap oga u r demented go and do a survey ask 100 people and 60 will tell u Mtn. Talking bout representative. Glo is slooow as F
fvck off. how many people here mentioned mtn as their favourite? everybody is saying airtel or etisalat and you are calling poke network. get out of here, you paid agent.

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ibknaanii(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2016
air tel and glo, very worse in my area leaving us to the mercy of stingy mtn air tel and glo, very worse in my area leaving us to the mercy of stingy mtn
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Kazrem(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2016
But I don't experience a this complaints.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by opetobi(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2016
Am using Samsung phone and hv switched the GPS off for some mins but no magic tricks hv put it on back.

Hv been using glo network to browse even before the 2500 - 10gb package which is so cool,did I mention dat I always finish it even before the d day,dat means the network is very cool here compare to airtel. cheesy cheesy

And one of the coolest feature is dat I can share the data for 3 pple by adding dere number,which helps me save money indirectly(gf and bro case) grin grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Mrreed(m): 11:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Xionez:

Lemme assume its just settings. Whats is your own like?
Screenshots prefered.
what do you want me to upload fr u
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by jikemania(m): 11:29am On Aug 20, 2016
chicoMX:
Glo na network?? :/
m undecided who is dis?
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by jikemania(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2016
iliyande:

It's not true sir. All the sim cards I am using, it is only Glo that automatically turn on my GPS, please do your research very well before you defend Glo.

I'm not with glo on this
u are a member of ipob angry undecided
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Kingkel(m): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2016
glo has been and will always be my best network,,i left it for a month and tried airtel and felt like crying,it was so frustrating the worst part of it i have an airtel office and netwrk centre close to my house,,airtel sucks and am never using etisalat, mtn is ok...and bro my gps has never turned on except i do it myself...GLO ROCKS

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2016
viki84:
which cave are you reporting from? Cuz only in caves Glo network de get strong network
You are wicked grin grin grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by GoodMuyis(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2016
rufans:

GLO is amazing here

Same in My Area in Kaduna here, but somewhere in the town, its gloBADcom. sometimes i do get epileptic connection too.

But what i suspect is that their transmission mast may be the problem. Those engine runs on diesel powered generator which may be going of frequently, and getting poor attendance from their engineers.
so while the gen is down and no urgent intervention, you experience gloBADcom

But Glo is till winning,
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by GoodMuyis(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2016
iliyande:

I have experienced it on the following phones:

Infinix hot note 2
Letv s1
Cube talk 9x tab
Phantom z
Lenovo k3 note

Maybe you can as well read through this threat too: https://www.nairaland.com/3135384/glo-nigeria-spying-us#46107599

Probably, trying to get location of device with poor data speed
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 20, 2016
Mtn over all of them
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2016
jikemania:
u are a member of ipob angry undecided

Haha, I am sorry for ya. What bring ipob issue here?

For your info I am using Glo on my router even right now.

But I don't support them turning my GPS on

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Probably, trying to get location of device with poor data speed

Glo data here is super, I am streaming all my football matches with it. But I use it only on router for now.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by asher15: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2016
Guys abeg this Glo psiphon cheat cannot download properly ,can any give me a better settings for it
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Valto(m): 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
viki84:
u sound pathetic and frustrated. sorry ooh undecided

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Mujinho4b(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
Sompple sha.. Just com nd strt typing nonsense, Glo is d best.. Glo is bomb in my location.. Nd dey can neva run down.. Ode' Oponu' undecided undecided
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by acenazt: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Benwems:

fvck off. how many people here mentioned mtn as their favourite? everybody is saying airtel or etisalat and you are calling poke network. get out of here, you paid agent.
its a thing of choice been usung my mtn line sunce 2008 9 phones stolen or lost 9 welcome backs . You can call me paid agent all u want but i assure d only thing mtn gives me is reliability. I got glo,airtel and Etisalat also but mtn remains my favorite. Right now i'm in school and Etisalat is the best and it is what i use but at home uts mtn all the way.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by dayo840(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
Glo and poor network

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Mujinho4b:
Sompple sha.. Just com nd strt typing nonsense, Glo is d best.. Glo is bomb in my location.. Nd dey can neva run down.. Ode' Oponu' undecided undecided

Soo what do you want them to say?
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Shoagxyadex: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
I did 2k for 10gig subscription but I've never enjoyed. After calling customer care for about 5 times they stopped responding to my calls...telling me always that customer care personnel are busy after which they just disconnect me. I really feel cheated cos I'm a new glo subscriber.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Queengal: 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bad mouth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Latest Transparent Phone / Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports / Lady destroys iPhone 7+ because her boyfriend refused to buy her iPhone XS Max.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.